PDA

View Full Version : sim repops are bad but variance is good

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:01 PM
sim repops just create more gear on the server and less pvp. guilds spread out to take what they can uncontested as fast as possible then log out after.

variance would cause constant pvp battles with less loots giving the server more integrity less pixels more pvp and a healthier longer lasting server.

sim repops make the strongest guild even stronger, and the weaker get a few scraps or nothing. its similar to capitalism, the more money you have the more money you make. Variance is more like communism, it keeps an equal playing field regardless how many players you have and regardless of their gear.

Kergan
07-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Variance is more like communism

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:05 PM
exactly communism, more equal playing field

Kergan
07-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Am I being reverse psychologied?

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:10 PM
would love to stroll into hate looking for maestro and end up finding inny up

Elderan
07-24-2014, 02:12 PM

Wouldn't happen. You would be kicked out of hate the entire window.

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:14 PM
windows overlap, so thats actually impossible

would also be cool to be just running to seb for a group and see sev running around like woah hes up? shit lets mobilize!

Elderan
07-24-2014, 02:15 PM
windows overlap, so thats actually impossible

would also be cool to be just running to seb for a group and see sev running around like woah hes up? shit lets mobilize!

LOL you have no clue how variance even works.

Its soo cute.

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:15 PM
variance = +/- spawn timers

more equal playing field

+pop
+pvp
+guilds

Elderan
07-24-2014, 02:17 PM

more equal playing field

+pop
+pvp
+guilds

-pop
-pvp

I can confirm this 100%. Know why? Because we have variance already in the form of sim repops and server resets.

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:18 PM
nope would +pop
+pvp
+guilds
better server

mikemandella
07-24-2014, 06:50 PM
server repop is NOT variance...

Gerold
07-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Variance would be beneficial for the smaller guilds and ultimately make the server healthier.

Clark
07-24-2014, 09:39 PM
sim repops just create more gear on the server and less pvp. guilds spread out to take what they can uncontested as fast as possible then log out after.

variance would cause constant pvp battles with less loots giving the server more integrity less pixels more pvp and a healthier longer lasting server.

sim repops make the strongest guild even stronger, and the weaker get a few scraps or nothing. its similar to capitalism, the more money you have the more money you make. Variance is more like communism, it keeps an equal playing field regardless how many players you have and regardless of their gear.

^

Sweetbaby Jesus
07-24-2014, 10:02 PM
Variance would be beneficial for the smaller guilds and ultimately make the server healthier.

This guy has it all figured out...

Clark
07-25-2014, 02:35 AM

more equal playing field

+pop
+pvp
+guilds

R Flair
07-25-2014, 04:03 AM
This giant mangina crying on the forums asking for free loot is the new leader of azrael 25.0?

Better luck with azrael 26.0

Technique
07-25-2014, 04:43 AM
server repop is NOT variance...Sim repops and server resets are just a form of variance with windows of indefinite length.

R Flair
07-25-2014, 04:45 AM
Sim repops and server resets are just a form of variance with windows of indefinite length.

If u make sense they all gonna laugh at u

Sweetbaby Jesus
07-25-2014, 08:28 AM

LMAO. This will never happen...ever. if you think this is what variance would do for you then you are sadly mistaken. Nihilum would have an army of trackers stationed across Norrath Backes by the biggest neckbeards on the server, we would still kill everything within a minute of it spawning, then we would wipe out ur raid as you came trickling in. And that all on top of recruiting 20 or 30 more players to make sure we have an overwhelming force rdy to go at all hours.

Pikrib
07-25-2014, 09:08 AM
-pop
-pvp

I can confirm this 100%. Know why? Because we have variance already in the form of sim repops and server resets.

-pop for Nihilum probably. This is one of the reasons im not 100 % for variance. I think It could possibly unfairly hurt Nihilum. Nihilum might experience more burn out. Noone wants to track dragons that they dont really need for themselves.
+pop for the rest of the server though.

+pvp most likely.

Nihilum has had a strangle hold on this server. I mean just take a look at some of your members. Tune would rather suicide Fay into a guildmaster instead of allowing other guilds to slay a dragon.

People are forced to join Nihilum if they want to progress. Back on RZ there were multiple guilds contesting. People had several guilds to choose from. Here there is only one choice, and imo its a poor one.

With variance other guilds will at least have a chance at getting epics. If they want to poop sock that bad more power to em. We should at least try variance till velious comes out. Nihilum are mostly BiS anyway and no guilds can compete with you in VP for your precious dragonz. You gotta admit that this server is not working very well. Something has to change. I for one think it's time to try something new instead of the same shit week after week.

tldr version
+1 Pikrib dkp for posting pro variance

Kergan
07-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Nihilum has had a strangle hold on this server. I mean just take a look at some of your members. Tune would rather suicide Fay into a guildmaster instead of allowing other guilds to slay a dragon.

I'd also like to add that I'd feel bad for Hokuten/disappointed in Nihilum if it wasn't for the fact that the recruitment thread basically declares war on Nihilum. Would fully expect my guild to get shit on if I did that.

Pikrib
07-25-2014, 11:00 AM
You knew Nihilum was going attack Hokuten anyway. Stop pretending to be all high and mighty. Using that Derubael quote over and over is like the Azrael guys using the HB quote over and over.

Common man you used to put more work into your posts.

Kergan
07-25-2014, 11:19 AM
People don't really care what I have to say, maybe they will listen to Derubael.

We let RD get some mobs without shitting on them, could have been the same for Hokuten.

HippoNipple
07-25-2014, 12:00 PM
If variance goes in Nihilum is going to need more members. Will probably step up the recruiting and get some pixel packages going. It might end up going from 33% of the population to 50% at any given time.

Anyone from Hokuten want free pixel packages to switch sides when variance is introduced? The Duke can provide trak bp, vs legs and epic upon application being approved. Pixels for all.

Pikrib
07-25-2014, 12:19 PM
If variance goes in Nihilum is going to need more members. Will probably step up the recruiting and get some pixel packages going. It might end up going from 33% of the population to 50% at any given time.

Anyone from Hokuten want free pixel packages to switch sides when variance is introduced? The Duke can provide trak bp, vs legs and epic upon application being approved. Pixels for all.

I only require 2 AoNs, 1 FBH, 1 Necklace of Superiority and a written apology from Twainz (for getting me banned from TS) in the form of a poem.

PM me when the pixels are acquired.