PDA

View Full Version : archeage

Erasong
07-24-2014, 12:04 PM
seems to me like a fantasy themed EVE. any thoughts?

FoxxHound
07-24-2014, 12:05 PM
My friend said it's awesome. Though when he was playing it; said it was mostly in Russian.

Erasong
07-24-2014, 12:24 PM
the current version still has some asian voiceovers which drives me nuts. game appears to be solid with lots of griefing potential on the pvp side. find someone doing trade packs. kill. profit.

Weekapaug
07-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Looks fantastic from the videos I've seen. Been tempted to check out the alpha.

Swish
07-27-2014, 06:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kqaE5xQdYY

Anyone else want to snap that flute in half?

Erasong
07-27-2014, 09:11 AM
http://youtu.be/Bik7_VrajcE?list=PLB4C108EB21B891B3

cant tell if african jungle or european village

Skittlez
07-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Archeage is the best MMO I have played since Vanilla-WotLK WoW. Game is a freaking work of art and nearly all of it is English btw now, next patch should be the last of the English voice overs.

You can actually fuckin kite in this game, I LOVE IT!

Nips
07-27-2014, 04:23 PM
For anyone interested in playing, make sure you buy the beta so you can get the 4 day head start. All of the good land in the game is going to be gone within a few hours into the head start, and with taxes being so low, once someone gets the land they are never going to lose it. Having good land is pretty huge too because it will save hours and hours in the long run off trade runs.
Obviously this is a fatal flaw in the game, that could easily be fixed, but if you plan to play you just have to roll with it... I guess.

DeruIsLove
07-27-2014, 06:43 PM
I've just glazed it over and it looks interesting promising. The one thing that jumped out at me was the "11250 credits, ($75 value)" in the pre-order listings. Did this mean the game will have RMT/Pay2Win?

Nips
07-27-2014, 07:54 PM
I've just glazed it over and it looks interesting promising. The one thing that jumped out at me was the "11250 credits, ($75 value)" in the pre-order listings. Did this mean the game will have RMT/Pay2Win?

Don't buy the alpha since the games going to be live fairly soon. I'd probably only buy beta if anything just for the head start.
And the games pretty much pay 2 play more than anything else. Its f2p, but with f2p, you can't even build a house or anything like that. Its basically just a chance to try the game for free. If you want to play, you'll pay $15 a month and basically be in the same group as everyone else. Cash that you spend in addition to that will just be cosmetic crap (im pretty sure).

DeruIsLove
07-27-2014, 08:25 PM
I'd like to find out for sure exactly how the RMT works, since even cosmetic RMT bothers me.

iruinedyourday
07-27-2014, 08:56 PM
yea omg thats the best looking MMO ive seen since classic eq, wow.

Millburn
07-27-2014, 10:46 PM
Well I got into the closed beta, got sent an invite a couple days ago. Apparently it starts up on the 30th for me. Anybody else get in?

Weekapaug
07-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Well I got into the closed beta, got sent an invite a couple days ago. Apparently it starts up on the 30th for me. Anybody else get in?

Haven't even looked at it in a month or two. Was still in alpha then.

Do you buy beta access or is it an invite deal like most?

Erasong
07-28-2014, 12:56 AM
im in alpha and ill tell you im very very impressed. best thing for me to compare it to is a fantasy based EVE. very economy driven. very customizable class system ( altho for min maxers its going to break dwon to maybe 10 possible combos out of 120). same faction pvp makes for some interesting situations. all in all game feels very solid.

the negative for some of you will be the absolute need to craft/trade to really get the full value of the game. sure you could grind to 50 and just honor point grind for mid tier gear but then.. go play wildstar or WoW right?
Like i said. think EVE. crafting to build homes, farms, equipment, trade hubs, and eventually forts, castles and cities as well as the best gear in game.

DeruIsLove
07-28-2014, 02:47 AM
im in alpha and ill tell you im very very impressed. best thing for me to compare it to is a fantasy based EVE. very economy driven. very customizable class system ( altho for min maxers its going to break dwon to maybe 10 possible combos out of 120). same faction pvp makes for some interesting situations. all in all game feels very solid.

the negative for some of you will be the absolute need to craft/trade to really get the full value of the game. sure you could grind to 50 and just honor point grind for mid tier gear but then.. go play wildstar or WoW right?
Like i said. think EVE. crafting to build homes, farms, equipment, trade hubs, and eventually forts, castles and cities as well as the best gear in game.

Is it open loot or does everyone get a magical pocket on mob corpses that only they can pull loot out of?

Skittlez
07-28-2014, 03:18 AM

Nah, they won't have anything in the marketplace that has an impact on your toon, everything in the marketplace will be cosmetics or just for fun.

Erasong
07-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Is it open loot or does everyone get a magical pocket on mob corpses that only they can pull loot out of? when doing trade packs ( the main source of income in the game ) they are droppable items. if you die with one.. its fully lootable. other then that tho you just loose honor etc. honor is used for some decent mid tear gear.

Erasong
07-28-2014, 11:56 AM
Nah, they won't have anything in the marketplace that has an impact on your toon, everything in the marketplace will be cosmetics or just for fun.

there are some labor saving clickies but thats about it. nothing that will affect pvp.

Millburn
07-28-2014, 01:21 PM

I had mine sent to me as a random invite in my email, I refuse to pay $150 to participate in an alpha/beta.

Grimjaw
07-28-2014, 01:49 PM
this sounds very interesting. A fantasy based EVE is what I have been waiting for.

Nips
07-28-2014, 04:29 PM

You can buy or get an invite. Invites last only for the short event and don't come with the headstart/monies etc.

Swish
07-28-2014, 05:35 PM
I'd like to find out for sure exactly how the RMT works

Cosmetic RMT is an issue in a Warcraft type game, especially if a lot more effort goes into cash shop mounts/armor/etc.

Strangely, for me at least... I don't mind it at all with League of Legends skins and other people buying champs. That's the only legit RMT around.