lite
07-23-2014, 08:37 AM
http://puu.sh/anDPZ/69b9619731.jpg

Sheriff
07-23-2014, 09:29 AM
QQ

Kergan
07-23-2014, 10:01 AM
Oh goodie, another Lite variance thread. That is literally 30+ of those in the last 3 months.

If you spent half the amount of time trying to organize a guild as you do whining about how bad the server is you might get a raid mob here and there.

Mac Drettj
07-23-2014, 10:39 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/2b/2b8f11b7c64f429513f51fd23274762c5b284507e6328d4c51 01c290d5d5d9f1.jpg

Kasyra
07-23-2014, 10:54 AM
and now for something completely diff....oh wait no, its just another fucking lite thread.

Koota
07-23-2014, 10:56 AM
See signature.

iiNGloriouS
07-23-2014, 12:54 PM
See signature.

Don't think anything Quiet says can be held up to light when he is the biggest crybaby on the box.

Andis
07-23-2014, 01:27 PM
Don't think anything Quiet says can be held up to light when he is the biggest crybaby on the box.

lol maybe true

but after I witnessed Quiet slay Novus the other night

I will listen to his thoughts rofl

Zalaerian
07-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Yea I need an in depth play by play on that one

Andis
07-23-2014, 02:09 PM
first thing I asked quiet lol

he just gave me one of these =D

lite
07-23-2014, 02:16 PM
jousted for a few hours, the better man came out alive. he granted me LNS like a boss even gave me the loc for my corpse.

Andis
07-23-2014, 02:21 PM
jousted for a few hours, the better man came out alive. he granted me LNS like a boss even gave me the loc for my corpse.

id like to see the rematch

face to face

lite
07-23-2014, 02:28 PM
fuck that, i learned my place.

LostCause
07-23-2014, 02:35 PM

new game time finally?

Andis
07-23-2014, 02:39 PM

LOL

Quiet
07-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Quiet, non-windstriker Ranger. 3-0 on Edwards board. /flex.

Always about honor duels.

First player so red he was rejected from Nihilum.

Destroyer of Azrael 23.0

Smartest Jew on the box but not the richest.

1/10th the crybaby of Chipp n friends
4x the man Wyclef is.
Runs from Beastagor in pvp, he hax.

iiNGloriouS
07-23-2014, 03:28 PM
1/10th the crybaby of Chipp n friends

Only thing I ever cried about was Nihilums monoply over Sebilis for 3 weeks straight. I just want dem bugs bro.

Mac Drettj
07-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Mad bads

R Flair
07-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Not that it matters, but the reasons I "supported" variance at the time no longer apply. The server pop was half, Nihilum was raiding with fewer numbers, sim repops didn't exist, and Nihilum members were threatening to quit over it.

It was a way to grief Nihilum into quitting / giving up, and thus strengthen my own guild.

Aka it was a selfish argument not based on lasting server health, but based on momentary gain for my own guild.

I was also building my guild to be a poopsocking pve guild who could stand to benefit / exploit variance as opposed to a small crew of pvpers who would get wrecked by variance's requirement that you zerg [see: blue]. Thanks!

The only honest post by someone who was pro-variance that ever existed on this forum

Bazia
07-23-2014, 06:09 PM
I think most people who didn't want to join Nihilum are just exhausted of caring and suggesting things to "help" the server.

Instead of complaining about things the remainders should just move on, the server is working as intended and there is literally no way to stop the people you help gear and level from just joining Nihilum to get faster gear gains once they've started to reach the peak of what you can offer them.

I'll play the next EQEMU PVP server if one ever comes out and isn't shit. The zerg cycle will continue but next time I'll just quit after one mega guild is established as the cockblocking capability of this game is just too powerful.

R Flair
07-23-2014, 06:14 PM
The overly immersed anti nihilum hatred propaganda is no way to inspire loyalty in new recruits. New players aren't going to rally to your banner over your petty personal hang ups. People just think ur weird and jump ship soon as they have the levels to app nihilum.

Bazia
07-23-2014, 06:24 PM
I've been in plenty of guilds where there wasn't anti-nihilum propaganda as you put it.

It's simply a "I can't really get more gear here and I want to keep making gains" type of thing.

Competing with an established top heavy guild is incredibly time consuming and difficult, and 90% of people just don't care when they can so easily and effortlessly just join and get way better gear way faster.

The "I want to battle the better/larger guild because it's a challenge" type of player is super rare and even the few that are around for the most part can't match the time commitment needed to really make a difference.

It's not really anyone's fault this is just the way this game is by design and eventually you just gotta accept that and play a different game or stop the thought process your ever going to dethrone the top guild.

This isn't a server problem, it isn't a player problem, it's an everquest as a game problem.

R Flair
07-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Agreed, except for the part about it being a problem. From what i read nihilum was on the bottom a matter of months ago bad decisions were made and they went and fucked it up again.

Bazia
07-23-2014, 07:05 PM
They were only not doing well because of a very short break from most of the leadership, considering it was like a 2 month break within this servers 3 years of existence i don't see that time period being very relevant to discussion.

Kergan
07-23-2014, 09:28 PM
I've been in plenty of guilds where there wasn't anti-nihilum propaganda as you put it.

It's simply a "I can't really get more gear here and I want to keep making gains" type of thing.

Competing with an established top heavy guild is incredibly time consuming and difficult, and 90% of people just don't care when they can so easily and effortlessly just join and get way better gear way faster.

The "I want to battle the better/larger guild because it's a challenge" type of player is super rare and even the few that are around for the most part can't match the time commitment needed to really make a difference.

It's not really anyone's fault this is just the way this game is by design and eventually you just gotta accept that and play a different game or stop the thought process your ever going to dethrone the top guild.

This isn't a server problem, it isn't a player problem, it's an everquest as a game problem.

Nail on the head right here.

Clark
07-24-2014, 03:11 AM
http://puu.sh/anDPZ/69b9619731.jpg

Clark
07-24-2014, 03:12 AM
The overly immersed anti nihilum hatred propaganda is no way to inspire loyalty in new recruits. New players aren't going to rally to your banner over your petty personal hang ups. People just think ur weird and jump ship soon as they have the levels to app nihilum.

Screw Nihilumn man be quiet.

Stasis01
07-24-2014, 03:22 AM
Yes HB argued for variance on the forums because it would make Nihilum quit...right... have you met these kids, they get hardons talking about Velious.

He argued for it because it helped Red Dawn, just like he argues against it now because it HURTS Nihilums monopoly.

I've been Nihi - I've fought against them, this will be 1 guild no competition as long as timers are static, spinning this into a player problem, or anti Nihi hate propaganda, or trying to rally a zerg under our banner is all ridiculous.

Bazia's claims make sense in theory, some trial options for end game wouldn't be the end of the world - maybe if all mobs aren't back to back static 1 day a week it might attract some competition, seeing as this servers rule set was just decided off forum discussions at the beginning it's not asking too much to re-evaluate after YEARS of stagnant boring shit.

If population doesn't increase, and Nihi still got everything, but it was just a much more annoying time sink - just revert it, but I bet you'd see a frothing mouth Nihi trying to fuck it up and bully the box per usual.

Stasis01
07-24-2014, 03:32 AM

NVM Missed this gem of bullshit.

Bazia doesn't get it at all - nobody wants Nihi dethroned.

There is no sustainable #2 #3 or really anything but 1 guild with static timers and a FFA set up.

Bazia
07-24-2014, 07:46 AM
yeh the reason there isn't a sustainable 2nd guild on this 100 pop server is because of static timers

okay

LulzSect
07-24-2014, 08:09 AM
It's summertime bro

Go to fucking jones beAch faggot and farm some primo bikini pussy instead of crying for blubie policies on a red server

Let the infirmed/obese/disabled/unemployed/forever Alones have their 15 yo elf content

It's all they have

lite
07-24-2014, 08:41 AM
i spend so much time at jones, bro !

http://puu.sh/ap48j/5bb974ecda.jpg

Mac Drettj
07-24-2014, 10:31 AM
yeh the reason there isn't a sustainable 2nd guild on this 100 pop server is because of static timers

okay