PDA

View Full Version : Paging GM's!! Sirken!! forced rotations.. it's time..

mikemandella
07-22-2014, 08:05 PM
How long will we sit by and watch guild after guild after guild get swallowed by Nihilum. You intervened on blue.. I think it's time to think about doing the same on Red.

Think about it.. new guilds can't start because they get curb stomped and have no chance at new content. I know for a fact this would bring a lot of players back and encourage new ones. I am not saying it has to be every spawn.. but let's give some new guys a shot at at least competing.

R Flair
07-22-2014, 08:07 PM
rofl just laughed so hard at this

Quiet
07-22-2014, 08:08 PM
Dont try and steal my idea. It was a great one.

Barladore
07-22-2014, 08:16 PM
would love to know who rflair is in game

Eslade
07-22-2014, 08:25 PM
would love to know who rflair is in game

I'm sure he would also.

JayN
07-22-2014, 08:31 PM
wipe it clean 2014?

BeautBabeC
07-22-2014, 08:35 PM
Anyone and everyone is welcome to Nihilum, why not just go that route

Eslade
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Anyone and everyone is welcome to Nihilum, why not just go that route

Because at that point we're the blue server. It would be nice to have pvp in an even level but the reality is that it's not possible to catch up to the people that have been on this server since it's inception. The reason why the server hasn't magically fixed itself is because it's not going to happen. I would say that raiding the lesser bosses would be a great idea but nihilum is into cock blocking mobs that they really don't need and only get the satisfaction that some other guild didn't get what dropped. Hopefully velious gives us enough bosses to buy us time before nihilum either A) gets done in velious or B) decides to take out Kunark bosses first followed by velious mobs. C) we are on different factions and our bosses won't be desired by them.

Tldr
Server isn't going to be fixed because it can't be. Not without heavy gm intervention and non classic modification.

Kasyra
07-22-2014, 08:47 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/26/2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b56e39ba1f62 301224aa417e84.jpg

Mac Drettj
07-22-2014, 08:49 PM
Op is a bronie.

- confirmed

mikemandella
07-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Op is a bronie.

- confirmed

OP's watch cost more than your car.. Ain't even mad

Quiet
07-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Getting lesser bosses is irrelevant. If Nihi gets uncontested Ntov for anymore then 2 months, It wont even matter. They will be able to wipe raids of 50 with 25-30 people. The resists, AC and gear gap is enormous. When Pandemonium farmed NToV and Sleepers, it became a shit show. 4-5 vs 1 and maybe u had a chance. Some higher geared classes became raid bosses.

Eslade
07-22-2014, 09:03 PM
Getting lesser bosses is irrelevant. If Nihi gets uncontested Ntov for anymore then 2 months, It wont even matter. They will be able to wipe raids of 50 with 25-30 people. The resists, AC and gear gap is enormous. When Pandemonium farmed NToV and Sleepers, it became a shit show. 4-5 vs 1 and maybe u had a chance. Some higher geared classes became raid bosses.

Which is why I'm saying it can't be fixed. The only scenario I see helping the server is a nihilum split, but they all seem to be ok with no competition and stacking teams. When velious comes out we can just rename the server nihilum99 because that's the only guild that's going to play.

Quiet
07-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Thats why this has to be a hardcore implementation with a GM actively logged in and attending. Anyone caught violating even in speculation should get ban hammered. None of that BS i was just doing something benign, if your in any position to be accused with even minimal evidence, ban hammer.

Rellapse40
07-22-2014, 09:08 PM
nihilium would fall apart if pixels were rotated half the guild hates one another

Eslade
07-22-2014, 09:10 PM
nihilium would fall apart if pixels were rotated half the guild hates one another

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2545631232/hE861B528/

Quiet
07-22-2014, 09:10 PM
Also noted not handing out pixels to only one guild. One spawn day would be available to contest. Its not like after 3 years of Kunark any GM should have some type of complaint about flooding the server with pixels. By this time in classic era, we were already in plane of time.

Also this is not intended to make Nihi fall apart either, The idea is to create 2nd and possible 3rd competing guild. Not ruin the top one by shutting them out.

mikemandella
07-22-2014, 09:32 PM
This is great everyone wins!!

Sheriff
07-22-2014, 09:37 PM
How long will we sit by and watch guild after guild after guild get swallowed by Nihilum. You intervened on blue.. I think it's time to think about doing the same on Red.

Think about it.. new guilds can't start because they get curb stomped and have no chance at new content. I know for a fact this would bring a lot of players back and encourage new ones. I am not saying it has to be every spawn.. but let's give some new guys a shot at at least competing.

Srs? Lol!!!!!!

Sektor
07-22-2014, 09:47 PM
it has to be done. /signed

Kergan
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Jeez the mood swings with you guys. First its variance so there can be pvp, then forced rotation so there can be no pvp. I guess the result is no pvp either way.

Curious if Jibekn and his crew support this proposal?

Sektor
07-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Jeez the mood swings with you guys. First its variance so there can be pvp, then forced rotation so there can be no pvp. I guess the result is no pvp either way.

Curious if Jibekn and his crew support this proposal?

they do indeed.

mikemandella
07-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Nope will still be pvp!

Kergan
07-22-2014, 09:53 PM
Would be a sad day for the server. :(

Elderan
07-22-2014, 09:58 PM
ROFL... Rotation.. ON A PVP SERVER HE SAID....

Kergan
07-22-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm not going to be condescending about it, or at least not try to be. It might even accomplish what you want, but it goes against the spirit of the server completely.

mikemandella
07-22-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm not going to be condescending about it, or at least not try to be. It might even accomplish what you want, but it goes against the spirit of the server completely.

I do not think anyone is asking for a 50/50 split... The real issue is keeping players involved and logging in. Right now the choice is give up or join Nihilum... We already have zero pvp on contest days... By giving people access to content they really can't fight for you will encourage server growth...

It is impossible to build and sustain a guild under the current ruleset.

Quiet
07-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Anyone who opposes this lacks foresight and in reality gets exposed for being an idiot. However this is not a system for Lite and his crew of mutant buttplugs to fuck up either. Its all about how far a GM is willing to go on the one day a week to moderate this system. To make sure items are distributed to the population, not to nihi alts, forum quest fucktards, or lite and his army of anal bum covers. I believe there is 6 months to Velious and this would get a 3 month trial before taking the training wheels off and letting nihi back in to go hardcore. The idea is to create a full 2nd guild with 30-50 active, geared players to contest, with a worst case scenario being a total crumbing in which nihi still would have a full day of pixels per week to feast on which was the case prior to this idea.

As said this would require a GM administration and so one of them would need to be active one day a week. Ive worked out a great many details. Keeping in mind that I am not a member of nihi, hokuten or azrael and have no alliance with any of these people I feel ive created a fair system.

Mac Drettj
07-22-2014, 11:00 PM
OP's watch cost more than your car.. Ain't even mad

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1130587/hanks-laugh-2-o.gif

freez
07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
retti we know youre piss broke

stop playin

watch costs more than your car

must suck tho

Kergan
07-23-2014, 12:19 AM
I'd much rather see epic style quests to spawn raid targets then a forced rotation. I just don't understand the flip flopping from calling Nihilum a bunch of blubies to asking for the bluest possible solution. I mean, you're asking for the GMs to essentially tell people to stop PVPing so a guild can kill a mob right?

freez
07-23-2014, 12:26 AM
yeah sure kergan

pgerman
07-23-2014, 12:36 AM
none of you even play this game, so pathetic

freez
07-23-2014, 12:46 AM
none of you even play this game, so pathetic

theres a good reason why too,fool

mostbitter
07-23-2014, 01:41 AM
i love how everyone in azrael has no faith in each other so they say shit like "it's join nihilum or quit!111" even tho all yall got plenty of gear outside of nihilum.

mostbitter
07-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Guy's we don't feel like being nice, or coaching new players, or even logging in. GMS PLS MOTIVATE US WITH EASY MODE PIXELS

freez
07-23-2014, 01:44 AM
love how nihi gives anyone a pity invite

even mostbitter

lol yikes

mostbitter
07-23-2014, 01:46 AM
when was the last time you logged on that enchanter?

freez
07-23-2014, 01:47 AM
mm 8 or so months

i have better things to do with my time

but getting drunk tonight u feels

mostbitter
07-23-2014, 01:52 AM
ah ok so you would confirm that the people who want this change don't actually play here.

freez
07-23-2014, 01:54 AM
=(

mikemandella
07-23-2014, 06:18 AM
I'd much rather see epic style quests to spawn raid targets then a forced rotation. I just don't understand the flip flopping from calling Nihilum a bunch of blubies to asking for the bluest possible solution. I mean, you're asking for the GMs to essentially tell people to stop PVPing so a guild can kill a mob right?

Honestly, would a forced rotation on a mob every 3-4 weeks really be all that bad? This is great for Nihilum too... People that want to be in Nihilum because they like it won't have to wake up at 5AM for dragon killing time and still get a crack at something they need.

Sektor
07-23-2014, 06:49 AM
need this petitioned and signed by 100 players for the gms to consider it

Sheriff
07-23-2014, 09:31 AM
Best thread EVER!

phacemeltar
07-23-2014, 09:36 AM
maybe if reds werent such spineless maggots, some would stay in their guild based on principle and honor.. instead of selling out to the big corporations in pursuit of pixels

but thats probably the guild leaders' faults

Kergan
07-23-2014, 09:58 AM
Honestly, would a forced rotation on a mob every 3-4 weeks really be all that bad? This is great for Nihilum too... People that want to be in Nihilum because they like it won't have to wake up at 5AM for dragon killing time and still get a crack at something they need.

No it wouldn't be that bad. It might even accomplish what you want, getting raid targets outside of Nihilum. But it's just contrary to the whole reason of playing on a PVP server.

The simulated repop thing has proven to land 2-3 raid mobs outside of Nihilum once every couple weeks. Sure there is some gear inflation going on, but with Velious a tangible reality who really cares? So I'll ask you the same question, if we got steady ground shakes from now until Velious is that really all that bad? Isn't it accomplishing the same goal without undermining the spirit of a PVP server?

mostbitter
07-23-2014, 11:00 AM
not enough free loot until nizzar dies irl

Koota
07-23-2014, 11:10 AM
I know for a fact this would bring a lot of players back and encourage new ones.

You must not know what that word means.

HippoNipple
07-23-2014, 01:04 PM
I would love to see the implementation of this. Some random guild trying to kill shit and a PvPer like Beastagor comes along to pk them. Then he gets banned for picking off a few noobs since the guild was in the middle of protected PvE raiding time.

Not_Kazowi
07-23-2014, 01:11 PM

Is this serious?

LostCause
07-23-2014, 02:37 PM
rotations? might aswell make this a blue server.

imo be happy you have PnP or this server would truly be dead.

Tassador
07-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Forced rotations and no pvp mid quad or 30 seconds after a quad. Let's get that pop up then turn pvp off altogether

Musetii
07-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Voted 1 star, wrong section. Post on the blue section for GM requests.

Red_Psyphon
07-23-2014, 03:01 PM
No

Sheriff
07-23-2014, 06:43 PM
You must not know what that word means.

As a matter of fact...yes.

Tradesonred
07-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Nihilum got a stranglehold on the server because devs didnt react for a year+ when a few of us told them it was pretty dumb to let them have raid content uncontested because of how xp loss in pvp made it so no one wanted to eat the xp death for a slim chance at beating overwhelming numbers.

Sirken's and Rogean's replies were like "LOL this isnt CoD"

Server had to be wiped because of how this spiraled into the present situation but not gonna happen so things are things.

Forced rotations would be worse than PnP, why not just quit playing pvp games if thats your idea of PvP

I mean, Nihilum could probably be countered if a viable option came around, but with server heavy on the angry nerd side, fat chance of that happening

krazyGlue
07-23-2014, 08:39 PM
oppressor is a fucking idiot pixel drooling bluebie. rotations is for fags.

Mac Drettj
07-23-2014, 08:43 PM
oppressor is a fucking idiot pixel drooling bluebie. rotations is for fags.

he should change his name to

Oppressed

Colgate
07-23-2014, 08:50 PM
server is the way it is because at its inception rogaine was too busy erotic roleplaying on star wars, amelinda was taking bribes under the table, and sirken was too stoned out of his mind to do anything sensible(and still is)

Tradesonred
07-23-2014, 08:55 PM
server is the way it is because at its inception rogaine was too busy erotic roleplaying on star wars, amelinda was taking bribes under the table, and sirken was too stoned out of his mind to do anything sensible(and still is)

Whatever, i wasnt behind the scenes but server really did take a big hit when they neglected the server for like a year and allowed Nihilum to be the guild youre in or youre not doing raid content because of how xp loss worked in their favor. They went with Red with a blue mentality and they realized how truly bad the mechanic was way too late. Should have been wiped for Velious but heh.

Kergan
07-23-2014, 09:26 PM
You mean the classic EverQuest mechanic they built the entire project around? What scoundrels.

Clark
07-24-2014, 03:13 AM