PDA

View Full Version : Everything moving way to fast

Neztok
07-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Just installed today after a long time, I've tried restarting, and I have gotten the latest patch downloaded and extracted. But my problem is everything is moving at super speed. My movement, everyone elses, all monsters are moving at super speeds, can just move across a zone in seconds. I have to click everything like a million times for the game to respond. Im using windows vista, is there a problem there maybe?

Pheer
07-22-2014, 04:30 PM
sounds like a multi core issue, try to set the eq process affinity to one core

Whiteberry
07-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Windows Vista.. I Never Liked That Version.. =( Go 7 Ult Or 8 Pro. That's Your Best Bet Imo

Vyal
07-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Just installed today after a long time, I've tried restarting, and I have gotten the latest patch downloaded and extracted. But my problem is everything is moving at super speed. My movement, everyone elses, all monsters are moving at super speeds, can just move across a zone in seconds. I have to click everything like a million times for the game to respond. Im using windows vista, is there a problem there maybe?

Do not play EQ using cheat engine......

Daywolf
07-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Do not play EQ using cheat engine......
Yeah make sure you have an authentic client, you'll get banned here.
If you don't have the Titanium box to install, look for the legal download, then maybe launch with WinEQ 2.0 for any stability issues.

Neztok
07-23-2014, 10:08 AM
No I bought the box set years ago and am using legal files, this core issue sounds like a possible fix. Im not so tech savvy, how do you change that option?

DeepSouth
07-23-2014, 10:58 AM
No I bought the box set years ago and am using legal files, this core issue sounds like a possible fix. Im not so tech savvy, how do you change that option?

I haven't had to do this yet for EQ as I'm installing tonight, but it should work as in the following link:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/146578-processor-affinity.html

The process to modify is eqgame.exe. Also, you will only see the eqgame.exe process if EQ is actually running. Follow the steps above and uncheck all but CPU 0 in the Processor Affinity window. I'm not sure it's necessary, but I would stop EQ and restart it after making the CPU affinity change.

Neztok
07-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out, it was switching to just a single core in the processes menu. Thank you very much Pheer.

Daywolf
07-23-2014, 11:17 AM
No I bought the box set years ago and am using legal files, this core issue sounds like a possible fix. Im not so tech savvy, how do you change that option?Ah ok. There is the link above, but first I'd try WinEQ 2.0 if you are not using it already. It's suppose to fix some of those problems. I couldn't play at all w/o it, myself. It's free, just need to reg a free account. And it's legal here.

harnold
07-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Yeah the problem is tit are using windows vista get a new system and stop cheating I'm in the shower

mtb tripper
07-23-2014, 01:54 PM

god man i've had soooooo many problems with vista and p99, they just do not go together very well, but yes it is a multi core processor issue, there is a fix for it in FAQ in the setup guide

Whiteberry
07-23-2014, 06:10 PM
god man i've had soooooo many problems with vista and p99, they just do not go together very well, but yes it is a multi core processor issue, there is a fix for it in FAQ in the setup guide
Vista is a resource HOG.. it doesn't know how to evenly distribute resources which cause most of the lag. etc.... and it wasn't designed properly, dropped way to quick and was quickly abandoned once they figured out how horrible it was.. hence the dev of Win 7