PDA

View Full Version : top pvp'rs on the server....#thriving

lite
07-21-2014, 11:22 PM
http://puu.sh/alLhV/39d9855036.png

quido
07-21-2014, 11:23 PM
top point scorers, anyways =P if only we could get dev integration, CoM kills wouldn't be worth dick

lite
07-21-2014, 11:24 PM
still indicates where the only pvp is going on, lol

Potus
07-21-2014, 11:27 PM
CoM is a shitty zone, these guys are doing the server a favor by pushing them into better dungeons.

Uuruk
07-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Yeah complain that we are the only one pvping on a pvp server. Any other shitty threads you would like to make this week? I think the variance thread is almost 4 threads down better remake.

Eslade
07-21-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah complain that we are the only one pvping on a pvp server. Any other shitty threads you would like to make this week? I think the variance thread is almost 4 threads down better remake.

I think you're missing the point. There's a problem when the top scorers are a bunch of noob slayers. Just by going by how many 60's there are you'd think there would be a few. Sadly that's not the case.

Ps you and your friends suck. All of you.

Colgate
07-21-2014, 11:55 PM
i'm the top pvper

mtb tripper
07-21-2014, 11:58 PM
hi

|3igHurb
07-22-2014, 12:08 AM
vazgoul thats who i wanted to name the big guy with crown and cigarette after lol couldnt remember

ice t lookin mutha scrubba

Uuruk
07-22-2014, 12:28 AM
I think you're missing the point. There's a problem when the top scorers are a bunch of noob slayers. Just by going by how many 60's there are you'd think there would be a few. Sadly that's not the case.

Ps you and your friends suck. All of you.

Who are my pals?

Super Hater
07-22-2014, 12:32 AM
Looks about right to me. I should be higher though. My skillz are fucking untouchable.
Babe Ruth of Everquest. Lucky I don't play more.

lolin
07-22-2014, 12:38 AM
is op mad hes not top of the charts?

play better cry less

Mac Drettj
07-22-2014, 12:40 AM

Not Salem
07-22-2014, 12:53 AM
velious beta taking away from my leadboard position tbh nili to busy raiding on a blue server for me to get sufficient texts

HippoNipple
07-22-2014, 12:57 AM
dev intervention would be nice. We could have brackets for different level ranges.

s1ckness
07-22-2014, 01:44 AM
http://puu.sh/alLhV/39d9855036.png

Silvers and Blasty are Knights Templar and proud

pras Knights

|3igHurb
07-22-2014, 01:57 AM
pras real nigs no offense vazgoul u fake ass plastic nig Blasty and Silvers are noob slayers extraordinaire

Clark
07-22-2014, 04:11 AM
CoM is a shitty zone, these guys are doing the server a favor by pushing them into better dungeons.

Clark
07-22-2014, 04:12 AM
is op mad hes not top of the charts?

play better cry less

You sound retarded.

Kergan
07-22-2014, 09:44 AM
I said it before, just make kills in Unrest, MM, CoM worth like 25%. It is not like much high lvl PVP goes on there it would directly target the low level pkers that are dropping bronze wearing newbs and killing them in 2 nukes. Blasty is a wizard in range to a level 20 if that tells you anything.

Gaffin 7.0
07-22-2014, 09:46 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wb484QjMlY&feature=share

Nirgon
07-22-2014, 09:52 AM
I said it before, just make kills in Unrest, MM, CoM worth like 25%. It is not like much high lvl PVP goes on there it would directly target the low level pkers that are dropping bronze wearing newbs and killing them in 2 nukes. Blasty is a wizard in range to a level 20 if that tells you anything.

Kergan you know bout dat draught/comet combo. Shit's classic.

Need resists to work better at higher values so necros will be viable and there's some defense against this kinda shit :).

There was a time in Kunark I was in range to the lvl 51 naked wizard pks. I'd see "you resist the ice comet spell" every once in a while when I was medding at KC. Those were good times. Others were not so lucky.

HippoNipple
07-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Kergan you know bout dat draught/comet combo. Shit's classic.

Need resists to work better at higher values so necros will be viable and there's some defense against this kinda shit :).

There was a time in Kunark I was in range to the lvl 51 naked wizard pks. I'd see "you resist the ice comet spell" every once in a while when I was medding at KC. Those were good times. Others were not so lucky.

Well if you make resists work it goes overboard on screwing over wizards since there is no risk to wearing resist gear. What makes it so risky with item loot is resist gear doesn't do much vs a melee so there is normally some sort of counter to your class/gear set up. That way someone is always taking a risk.

Kergan
07-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Wizards on live used lure. Maybe a big sunstrike opener if there was an opportunity just in case the RNG was good to you, but lures were the backbone of wizard pvp. Here whats the point? You can get basically 2 draughts off and 95% of the time get better dmg/mana out of the deal, plus kill the person faster.

Zalaerian
07-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Wait till velious where HP and resists go up on gear then tag on another 50 to all resists that people can self buff. Lure of ice spam inc

Stasis01
07-22-2014, 10:21 AM
^ Null coded his resists to be balanced for end game velious like a fucking retard.

Kergan
07-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Alecta stated at one point the resist curve which was adjusted a few months ago was going back to where it was before that in Velious. So yes resists will go up but so will the resists required to perform at the same level as now.

I think the one big difference is the amount of gear with stats and resists on it. People use tranix crowns and wurmscale coats, etc now...but pretty soon that same type of gear will have +75 hp and 8 str/dex/sta on it.

That being said, still wont be much reason to use lure if you need 200 FR to reliably low partial/outright resist draught of fire/sunstrike. Sure some people will have it (just like they have the 160ish or w/e you need now) but most wont.

lolin
07-22-2014, 12:06 PM
You sound retarded.

http://ibankcoin.com/flyblog/files/2013/10/10496390-454e-4f6d-b2cb-3ddb69530e73.jpg

Elderan
07-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Only way to solve the leaderboard issue is to have the Player/Level/Class display on the kill. It would be a super simple fix but it would allow for the level to be taken into consideration for point values. Would be perfect but it would be much better.

I asked Alecta to do this when he was working on the pvp server but he said he was going to work on an output which showed kills, levels, who assisted etc. Then he quit or something and it died there.

HippoNipple
07-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Only way to solve the leaderboard issue is to have the Player/Level/Class display on the kill. It would be a super simple fix but it would allow for the level to be taken into consideration for point values. Would be perfect but it would be much better.

I asked Alecta to do this when he was working on the pvp server but he said he was going to work on an output which showed kills, levels, who assisted etc. Then he quit or something and it died there.

Alecta got sick of this server quick.

Eslade
07-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Alecta got sick of this server quick.

All the demands of a real job, asshole customers, huge workload, close to zero help and no pay.

Where do I sign up?

Kergan
07-22-2014, 12:47 PM
Funny part is if they opened up a position they'd probably have 100 applicants.

HippoNipple
07-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Funny part is if they opened up a position they'd probably have 100 applicants.

It is hard to find someone competent, that cares about the server and doesn't want to play on it.

*edit - all 100 of those applicants would probably suck

XiakenjaTZ
07-22-2014, 01:35 PM

I don't think it can tell a persons level when everyone runs around anon or /role.

You could /ooc =60 or something to set your own level I suppose but people could lie.

Kergan
07-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Only way we get meaningful data is via API from the developers. Otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

Elderan
07-22-2014, 01:57 PM
I don't think it can tell a persons level when everyone runs around anon or /role.

You could /ooc =60 or something to set your own level I suppose but people could lie.

What I mean is the pvp text should show this data, would be a 2 min fix from the dev side.

[PVP] PlayerName 60 Warrior <GuildName> has been defeated by PlayerName 60 Rogue <GuildName> in Karnor's Castle!

This would allow for any leaderboard to scale the points based on level.

For example, a level 56 killing a level 60 would get the most points without any other weighting in place.

Quiet
07-22-2014, 01:58 PM
The solution to this is very simple. There should be 2 categories.

58-60 and Everyone else.

Reason - Its not like you cant look at that board and not know who the 58-60s are. I omit the 56-57 people because no one really hangs out at that level, being in range to 60 but not able to utilize all your skills is basically a waste. Plus your trying to level and probably get ganked by 60s which shouldn't count against ya in the grand scheme.

When ya hit 58 all can have all kills/deaths wiped @ Request assuming you provide a screen shot of you as a 58+ That way the lower level fuck griefs (Vazghoul pro pvp with ench / cleric in tow) it'll be similar to like (Ready Heartbrand?) The NBA D League. Sure your team is in first place, but no one really gives a shit. Also removing the kills at 58 will make all that work griefers put in at lower levels pointless when their kills get wiped each time someone they griefed hits 58. Lets not forget it will allow the real pro pvpers who fight at level 60 against other similar levels to be recognized. Like Beastagor / Colgate / Pappa / Deluxee/ Tune.

Clark
07-22-2014, 02:08 PM
Well if you make resists work it goes overboard on screwing over wizards since there is no risk to wearing resist gear. What makes it so risky with item loot is resist gear doesn't do much vs a melee so there is normally some sort of counter to your class/gear set up. That way someone is always taking a risk.

Clark
07-22-2014, 02:08 PM
Wizards on live used lure. Maybe a big sunstrike opener if there was an opportunity just in case the RNG was good to you, but lures were the backbone of wizard pvp. Here whats the point? You can get basically 2 draughts off and 95% of the time get better dmg/mana out of the deal, plus kill the person faster.

Yup used lure a ton on my rallos zek wizard.