PDA

View Full Version : Server is dead

Rellapse40
07-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Lets face it red is dead

The gM's tried to bring life to it but no matter how hard they tried the pop never got over 250

Gm's make this server FFA

fuck variance,screw more bluebie rules

lets go balls to the wall FFA

corpse camping,griefing,training

Gaffin 7.0
07-19-2014, 08:32 PM
rip in peace

http://i60.tinypic.com/24mbcdy.jpg

Clark
07-19-2014, 08:36 PM
Training, griefing, part of what PvP is supposed to be.

Rellapse40
07-19-2014, 08:37 PM
exactly

throw out all these bluebie rules

Farzo
07-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Yah and back to 20-30 pop with those rules.

OP clearly smart.

Bazia
07-19-2014, 08:54 PM
if not for all the GMs work this server would be back to 15 people like classic

its the end state of this server when most people join nihi, not that its their fault for being successful

but u cant just have everyone in 1 guild

kudos to the staff for work or i bet it'd have been 15 pop 6 months ago

heartbrand
07-19-2014, 09:44 PM
Rellapse same guy who petitioned people for corpse camping him when he AFK'ed at neriak

Rellapse40
07-19-2014, 09:45 PM
got prof?

heartbrand yu so salty

Potus
07-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Server is fine, needs some tweaks to pvp resists and melee hit rate.

Drakaris
07-19-2014, 10:00 PM
if not for all the GMs work this server would be back to 15 people like classic

its the end state of this server when most people join nihi, not that its their fault for being successful

but u cant just have everyone in 1 guild

kudos to the staff for work or i bet it'd have been 15 pop 6 months ago

When Nizzar and the vets took their break we saw all the apps swing to Azrael except for the officers of RD and their close friends.

For a while we were outnumbered 3 to 1. It is just the nature of a pvp server, people will go to the guild that is winning, the only solution is A: make the raid content artificially harder, B: release more content or C: Split raid guilds into tiers like blue...

Chuck_still_a_virgin
07-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Rellapse same guy who petitioned people for corpse camping him when he AFK'ed at neriak

Heartbrand same guy who left Nihilum and had Nizzar train him with guards and lose 10 levels while AFK, only to go crawling back to the Dukes dark embrace for pixels.

Don't talk shit 2 my fat friend analrelapse, u dig? :D

heartbrand
07-19-2014, 10:22 PM
And ur janitor ass was there playing mana song for chuck and tibberz to Rez me :)

Gaffin 7.0
07-19-2014, 10:26 PM
yall disgust me

Kergan
07-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Translation: We lost so we want a do over.

Rellapse40
07-19-2014, 10:51 PM
? just undo the bluebie shit and make it FFA

If you think you won on a elf sim

u should go outside

Gaffin 7.0
07-19-2014, 11:09 PM
or wipe it clean, box would thrive

Bazia
07-19-2014, 11:12 PM
When Nizzar and the vets took their break we saw all the apps swing to Azrael except for the officers of RD and their close friends.

For a while we were outnumbered 3 to 1. It is just the nature of a pvp server, people will go to the guild that is winning, the only solution is A: make the raid content artificially harder, B: release more content or C: Split raid guilds into tiers like blue...

not sure what ur saying, the players all deciding to join the well oiled machine for loot is what makes this server die/suck is all I was saying

if pop was higher so that nihi could deny people that would help, but im not sure how many players there would have to be on this server before you guys would stop taking 90% of the apps you get because of loot being a non issue

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Server is fine, needs some tweaks to pvp resists and melee hit rate.

This.

It's lower pop. You'll live. I get my shit pushed in as an enchanter and still having way more fun than on blue.

Kergan
07-19-2014, 11:27 PM
not sure what ur saying, the players all deciding to join the well oiled machine for loot is what makes this server die/suck is all I was saying

if pop was higher so that nihi could deny people that would help, but im not sure how many players there would have to be on this server before you guys would stop taking 90% of the apps you get because of loot being a non issue

I'd say we'll keep recruiting until we start crashing the zone with our standard raid force.

BeautBabeC
07-19-2014, 11:30 PM

Naw man its just people like you. Not all peeps run to the winning guild, hope this helps.

Bazia
07-19-2014, 11:31 PM
idk most ive ever seen in a zone was like 87 but it didnt crash heh

gonna be hard to top that

Heywood
07-19-2014, 11:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoUWdzNp9SM

Uuruk
07-19-2014, 11:47 PM
Lets face it red is dead

The gM's tried to bring life to it but no matter how hard they tried the pop never got over 250

Gm's make this server FFA

Who are you?

Rellapse40
07-20-2014, 12:00 AM
Who are you?

Eslade
07-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Said it before, I'll say it again. Erase top three guilds, have the 3 leaders draft from the list of active players. Hope people don't fag it up. Save the server.

Potus
07-20-2014, 12:04 AM
Teams actually solves the one-guild super problem. Really hard to sellout and join the Evil guild when you're repping Mithaniel Marr.

Eslade
07-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Teams actually solves the one-guild super problem. Really hard to sellout and join the Evil guild when you're repping Mithaniel Marr.

Yep, but nothing is stopping you from rerolling evil and stacking the winning side.
Teams needs an algorithm that keeps the amount of active players in each side to about +-10 toons.

Uuruk
07-20-2014, 12:32 AM
No really you spew all this bullshit was just curious.

Clark
07-20-2014, 01:54 AM
Heartbrand same guy who left Nihilum and had Nizzar train him with guards and lose 10 levels while AFK, only to go crawling back to the Dukes dark embrace for pixels.

Clark
07-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Yep, but nothing is stopping you from rerolling evil and stacking the winning side.
Teams needs an algorithm that keeps the amount of active players in each side to about +-10 toons.

Potus
07-20-2014, 02:09 AM

So wait you couldn't login or you couldn't create a character? Because both would be open to all sorts of abuse.

Eslade
07-20-2014, 02:16 AM
So wait you couldn't login or you couldn't create a character? Because both would be open to all sorts of abuse.

In a perfect world it would either force you to choose an underpopulated side or penalize the zerg side. Like maybe the side with the lower population gets a bonus to pretty much every stat scaled to the severity of the inbalance. That way when you get a side that becomes a zerg of about 4 to 1, it'll take 4 people to take down that 1 toon.

Susvain2
07-20-2014, 02:57 AM
Said it before, I'll say it again. Erase top three guilds, have the 3 leaders draft from the list of active players. Hope people don't fag it up. Save the server.

this would be awesome lol

Drakaris
07-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Naw man its just people like you. Not all peeps run to the winning guild, hope this helps.

Running to the winning guild? I've been in Nihilum for over a year... I'd say I've only been out of Nihilum for 1 month, which was the first month of my R99 career...

Nice try though...

Bazia
07-20-2014, 03:52 AM
thats what hes saying retard you insta-joined the most powerful guild

Eslade
07-20-2014, 08:47 AM

I think that you're going to need pictures and a flow chart to explain it to him.

Clark
07-20-2014, 08:53 PM

LulzSect
07-20-2014, 09:52 PM
i would never e hang with the infirm, obese, elderly, etc

Kergan
07-20-2014, 09:54 PM
210 on atm, server thriving.

Drakaris
07-20-2014, 10:14 PM

LOL...

So lets get this straight... I start on a server and the choices are Force, Nihilum, Azrael... Out of those 3 guilds, Agatha was the main person I chatted to from Azrael, Oppressor/Deathe was the main guy I would chat to from Force and Vaamp/Vyrenoth was the main person I would chat to from Nihilum.

I grouped with Erdriick/Vaamp/Vyrenoth quite a bit and was generally ganked by non-nihilum melees with epics while levelling (mainly rogues, cos hey, its the easiest one to get), so the decision was a no brainer.

Did I join Nihilum for pixels? No.

Have I gotten pixels? Sure have, but not as many pixels as Lite and his band of merry men for the raid time they invested. These guys geared their core on the backs of hopeful apps, which were all left empty handed once Nihilum laid down the law.

I love this server and do agree server balance is healthy, but Azrael were only interested in gearing their inner circle and once they were being muscled out, their focus solely became Phara Dar, which tells you alot about their motivations. Sad thing was when they were on top and in the #1 spot they still shitted up the forums and ooc, playing well into the notion of being sore winners.

Many of the new Hokuten players are pretty cool, I just hope they don't burn out and take PvP personally (which can be really hard as a new player).

So where are all these Azrael with Phara Dar gear? They have more or less retired as self-proclaimed winners of R99, with the exception of a small handful...

TLDR

Didn't join Nilly for pixels, joined because of pals.

Other guilds are full of forum trolls and retards, eg Azrael (with the exception of a few such as FoH, RD and Hokuten).

freez
07-20-2014, 10:23 PM
i might be more retarded than drakaris

Rellapse40
07-20-2014, 10:30 PM
naw

Bazia
07-20-2014, 10:32 PM
LOL...

So lets get this straight... I start on a server and the choices are Force, Nihilum, Azrael... Out of those 3 guilds, Agatha was the main person I chatted to from Azrael, Oppressor/Deathe was the main guy I would chat to from Force and Vaamp/Vyrenoth was the main person I would chat to from Nihilum.

I grouped with Erdriick/Vaamp/Vyrenoth quite a bit and was generally ganked by non-nihilum melees with epics while levelling (mainly rogues, cos hey, its the easiest one to get), so the decision was a no brainer.

Have I gotten pixels? Sure have, but not as many pixels as Lite and his band of merry men for the raid time they invested. These guys geared their core on the backs of hopeful apps, which were all left empty handed once Nihilum laid down the law.

I love this server and do agree server balance is healthy, but Azrael were only interested in gearing their inner circle and once they were being muscled out, their focus solely became Phara Dar, which tells you alot about their motivations. Sad thing was when they were on top and in the #1 spot they still shitted up the forums and ooc, playing well into the notion of being sore winners.

Many of the new Hokuten players are pretty cool, I just hope they don't burn out and take PvP personally (which can be really hard as a new player).

So where are all these Azrael with Phara Dar gear? They have more or less retired as self-proclaimed winners of R99, with the exception of a small handful...

TLDR

Other guilds are full of forum trolls and retards, eg Azrael (with the exception of a few such as FoH, RD and Hokuten).

no one cares about the novel above, just saying this server always dies because everyone joins 1 guild and ppl like urself who insta join just make the process of server death even faster

Drakaris
07-20-2014, 11:34 PM
no one cares about the novel above, just saying this server always dies because everyone joins 1 guild and ppl like urself who insta join just make the process of server death even faster

But that's the point, when has there been suitable opposition worth joining? Look at how you guys run OOC and the forums. It didn't take me long to want to join Nilly because the alternative is a much more shittier group (or at least make themselves appear to be).

In truth Agatha and his bro were pretty awesome to play with outside of guild raids and I hope I could be doing stuff with them in the future, so I guess there is a chance some of u guys would be cool to play with, but the way you guys conduct yourselves on the forum on a frequent basis destroys all hope of any association from our less extreme player-base.

Bazia
07-21-2014, 12:04 AM
its about loot and thats it, the "Other people are douches" excuse doesn't work when half your guild is made up of people who were in the other same guilds your complaining about

u got ezpk/strydur/etc types and no cares becuz loot is flowing

thats the only reason people join the big guild is too progress their character as fast as possible to the detriment of the server as a whole

i mean it sux its the individuals responsibility to stop the server from being a 12 person server again but with this low of a population pool its just how it goes

georgie
07-21-2014, 12:25 AM
LOL...

TLDR

lol exactly what I saw on the last shit box before r99 beta I think it was devnoob or some shits server. andis is a kike jew. gave him info to a druid and he strips the gear lol. fucking hilarious. anyways not even mad bro, it was one of those ding 50 by 2nd day morning servers. along with his other 4 butt buddies don't even remember the names just remembered one sounded like he had never been laid breathing over the mic hard.

iiNGloriouS
07-21-2014, 12:46 AM
Nihilum; where you cry about everyone behind their backs due to them deleting your gear in the past, deleting your toon, hoarding guild banks, or RMTing. But still shut the fuck up because you have no place in any other guild when people realize how shit tier you are.

Example; See Checkraise in PvP, or almost any Nihilum member.

Cid
07-21-2014, 12:51 AM
I do not understand why anyone who played on the Live servers would come to believe that what has happened on Red with Nihilum is caused by PvP, a result of low population or that the outcome was unusual or unique in any way.

The much larger populations on Live may have created a buffer between the big guilds and the general population, but monopolies existed on every server, PvE or PvP. It has been more excessive because of forums and ooc and voicechat make all the shit-flinging public.

We're not exactly the cream of the crop of the old players either. We're the addicts still clinging on to idealized memories for whatever reason we each have to justify our actions. It does not make us bad or immoral, just more likely to pick the faster paved road over the gametrail through the mountains. Both lead to the same place, and each side has a pedestal to stand on and try to look down on the other.

Every guild can be dethroned. If I still had the drive I used to have on Live I could probably build a guild that could topple Nihilum. It takes more effort and self-sacrifice than any sane person would agree to and then you need a handful of people you trust without hestitation that you can convince to put the members ahead of themselves.
Don't make a heirarchy either, be democratic officers.
I had six other officers so no dispute was a tie and it worked incredibly well. Lead by example, because people will always resent the one ordering them around and they will hate the guy that has BiS gear and acts like he did not need others to get it all.

Basically, what you need ideally is a group of people who aren't the kind that usually play on Emulated servers. If you think you can do it, then do it. Another two years of forum wars isn't a better use of your time and effort.

Oh, and before I forget, one little lesson I learned the hard way is that the Guild Leader and the Raid Leader should NEVER be the same person. Those two roles are supposed compliment, oppose and sometimes even restrain each other. If one person is both then the entire guild is dependent on them and completely at their mercy.
If you want to be both, you should not even think about making a guild. You cannot be a good leader with selfish intentions.

Whether you listen or ignore me is up to you, and doesn't matter to me at all. I've already practiced what I preach and I have nothing to prove anymore. I am probably a pretentious asshole, but I know what I am talking about and I have yet to see a Leader on Red that cared more about others than themself, let alone one that could inspire loyalty instead of buying it with gear

Fame
07-21-2014, 02:24 AM
just unplug, fuck.

iiNGloriouS
07-21-2014, 02:45 AM
just unplug, fuck.

I miss you Fame. How's the life of the rich n the famous treatin' ya

Jenni D
07-21-2014, 03:03 AM
Reds dead baby. Reds dead

freez
07-21-2014, 03:05 AM
Reds dead baby. Reds dead

bitch

lets hit the beach

Jenni D
07-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Oasis of Marr?

Jenni D
NRO LOVELY THIS TIME OF YR

freez
idk what everquest is

Drakaris
07-21-2014, 05:08 AM
I do not understand why anyone who played on the Live servers would come to believe that what has happened on Red with Nihilum is caused by PvP, a result of low population or that the outcome was unusual or unique in any way.

The much larger populations on Live may have created a buffer between the big guilds and the general population, but monopolies existed on every server, PvE or PvP. It has been more excessive because of forums and ooc and voicechat make all the shit-flinging public.

We're not exactly the cream of the crop of the old players either. We're the addicts still clinging on to idealized memories for whatever reason we each have to justify our actions. It does not make us bad or immoral, just more likely to pick the faster paved road over the gametrail through the mountains. Both lead to the same place, and each side has a pedestal to stand on and try to look down on the other.

Every guild can be dethroned. If I still had the drive I used to have on Live I could probably build a guild that could topple Nihilum. It takes more effort and self-sacrifice than any sane person would agree to and then you need a handful of people you trust without hestitation that you can convince to put the members ahead of themselves.
I had six other officers so no dispute was a tie and it worked incredibly well. Lead by example, because people will always resent the one ordering them around and they will hate the guy that has BiS gear and acts like he did not need others to get it all.

Basically, what you need ideally is a group of people who aren't the kind that usually play on Emulated servers. If you think you can do it, then do it. Another two years of forum wars isn't a better use of your time and effort.

Oh, and before I forget, one little lesson I learned the hard way is that the Guild Leader and the Raid Leader should NEVER be the same person. Those two roles are supposed compliment, oppose and sometimes even restrain each other. If one person is both then the entire guild is dependent on them and completely at their mercy.
If you want to be both, you should not even think about making a guild. You cannot be a good leader with selfish intentions.

Whether you listen or ignore me is up to you, and doesn't matter to me at all. I've already practiced what I preach and I have nothing to prove anymore. I am probably a pretentious asshole, but I know what I am talking about and I have yet to see a Leader on Red that cared more about others than themself, let alone one that could inspire loyalty instead of buying it with gear

Well said Cid, pearls upon swine it seems.

R Flair
07-21-2014, 07:04 AM

Been in guilds with both scenarios where leader led raids and leader and raid leader were 2 people, both worked fine. Was no real drawback as long as you have a strong core of competent, self-sacrificing players that also help keep leadership in check.

Cid
07-21-2014, 08:15 AM
You are absolutely correct, it can work with a single person, and has many times. I've experienced both as well and it doesn't always end badly but it will far more often than not. It is not generally even intentional, but if their comp crashes, they decide to quit or take a break, get suspended/banned or anything else that makes them unavailable, even temporarily, then there is usually no one capable of filling in for them. We've seen it happen already on Red to several dead guilds and seen Nihilum look confused and directionless when Nizzar was gone.

It's just a bad policy, even when done for the right reasons. A RL needs to be a emotional dick sometimes and a GL needs to be a cold, calculating politician sometimes. Get the right people and they make each other better without either being able to have total control. Don't set yourself up for that problem in the future and you won't have it.

The last time I dealt with it, the guy was the GL, RL and the Main Tank and just suddenly decided to quit playing. He had even set up the DKP system to where he would automatically win everything he wanted uncontested which only made it worse because no other tank got enough gear to take his place. Replacing one of those three is hard enough, but all three at once was devastating.
With the help of a core of good, self-sacrificing players, they rebuilt and I talked my friend out of retirement to be their RL and he is still doing it 5 years later. (I probably deserve a beating for that never-ending headache.)

I don't mean what I say to be taken as rules or seen as orders. It's just some advice about things I learned through experience. What you do with it is entirely up to you.

Pudge
07-21-2014, 09:13 AM
or wipe it clean

HippoNipple
07-21-2014, 09:35 AM

http://37.media.tumblr.com/8fcb946ff21da421ae2f1a76490097eb/tumblr_ms157c6ugT1qc7cmzo3_400.gif

Gaffin 7.0
07-21-2014, 10:00 AM
SO DEAD SO HOT OUSIDE RIP

Fame
07-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I miss you Fame. How's the life of the rich n the famous treatin' ya

Pretty good this year, dunno wtf but the past few weeks have been season of the witch for me, shits great. I'll probably be back in Norrath some time this winter.

Pimps up