PDA

View Full Version : <Hokuten> is recruiting!

Jib
07-19-2014, 11:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMmC5hR6PcE&list=UU8Y_uVu2spba1TS_X71wqHg

All we need now is variance and we can really bring in some more server population!

check us out!
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153782

Mac Drettj
07-19-2014, 11:14 AM
75 apps in last 2 months

all from hokuten

R Flair
07-19-2014, 04:50 PM
Pathetic variance posts only depressing his recruits, especially those from blue and forcing them to leave and join a real guild.

Potus
07-19-2014, 04:57 PM
Most of the Hokuten peeps I've talked to have been nice, I hope you guys become #1 guild so the server can be overrun with waifus.

Jib
07-21-2014, 02:36 PM
We currently have 109 Members but everybody is pretty casual for the most part so we average 20-40 on raids.

If we are going to compete against nihilum they average 40-60 members on a raid so I need about 100 more members in my guild to average 40-60.

need more people to join up and take up roles.

hokuten.forumotion.com <--- apply here!

Genedin
07-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Hokuten big fun.

Plenty of exp groups and planar raids/epics for your pixel necessities. Would suggest if you don't want to be part of zerg but still want to enjoy Everquest with some pals.

Kergan
07-21-2014, 02:57 PM
We currently have 109 Members but everybody is pretty casual for the most part so we average 20-40 on raids.

If we are going to compete against nihilum they average 40-60 members on a raid so I need about 100 more members in my guild to average 40-60.

need more people to join up and take up roles.

hokuten.forumotion.com <--- apply here!

That math actually seems surprisingly accurate.

Eslade
07-21-2014, 02:59 PM
That math actually seems surprisingly accurate.

Run it by elderan just to be sure. Don't want to take that extra step and get booted from nihilum.

Farzo
07-21-2014, 03:44 PM
As a new player (3months now) I can tell you that Variance would be thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee worse thing for your guild sir.

All variance means is that you will have to PvP contest mobs: something you won't win at.

Perhaps asking for a simulated repop on the weekend like the one that just happened would be the "smart" idea. Then again this server is so full of bitter people with self objectives that the call for variance clouds their intelligence.

-- if you truly cared for your guild you'd ask for what's best for your guild, not what's best for your personal bitter gainz.

Jib
07-21-2014, 03:46 PM
less gear more pvp is what the server needs

sim repops = no pvp

variance = pvp

less sim repops more variance please

Kergan
07-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Farzo the problem with simulated repops is it doesn't make the game worse for Nihilum, which is all they really care about doing. It isn't a "help us" argument its a "hurt them" argument, which is why it has already been shot down by staff.

Genedin
Aren't you the guy who kept all of that guys gear when he gave it to you, you told him you would hold it for him in case he changed his mind, and then he came back and you didn't give it back to him?

Kergan
sim repops = no pvp
variance = no pvp

FTFY, no matter how many times you say it, it still wont be true.

Farzo
07-21-2014, 03:51 PM
Aren't you the guy who kept all of that guys gear when he gave it to you, you told him you would hold it for him in case he changed his mind, and then he came back and you didn't give it back to him?

Ah no, he quit gave all his shit away to many different people including me; I was just nice enough to talk to him about it when he came back then he started /telling me every day 5-10 mins when I would log in.

He was /ooc calling people to come to gfay/mm to collect his gear - I guess my name was the one he could remember?

Think you've been mis-informed.

Genedin
07-21-2014, 03:56 PM
Except I tried to do a trade with you in-game, and you said "I'm holding onto this stuff in case he comes back and changes his mind because I think he might and I would hate it if that happened to me"

then you didnt give him his shit back

Fitting right into the Nihilum family baby. I think a Wizard or two might be able to take you under his wing and show you the ropes. Pras.

Elderan
07-21-2014, 04:07 PM
less gear more pvp is what the server needs

sim repops = no pvp

variance = pvp

less sim repops more variance please

They said Sim repops would = pvp before it was put in.

We have seen how that has gone. Variance would be the same, except make this server much worse in the mean time.

Farzo
07-21-2014, 04:07 PM
My prerogative to do what I will with something that was given to me; and yes I had intentions of giving it back to him, but when you log in and get abusive messages within 5-10 mins ( meaning the guys spamming /who all greybeard ) then it changes your mind.

Sounds like you're a bitter person who's attacking me because I posted something that is truthful about why variance is a bad idea? I guess you're in denial.

Fact is: of the Hokuten members that have joined Nilly most of them say that all your guild talks about is shit about Nilly in TS; and that now they are part of the app process for Nilly they get to see how BS it all is. I myself was bombarded with mis-infomation leveling up by bitter people, but I made the decision to make my own mind up and by god am I glad I did that.

In Australia we have a saying: Tall Poppy Syndrome http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome and that's all it really is about... bitter people pushing their prejudiced on to new players.

Genedin
07-21-2014, 04:09 PM
TL;DR

Wall of text by new unscrupulous player defending zerg mentality disregarded.

Farzo
07-21-2014, 04:17 PM
and it's actually sad to see people trying to use new players for their own bitter gains.

I personally hope Hokuten rises, in saying that I was apart of Uprising -- a leveling guild destroyed largely by Pals With Pixels ( an Azrael alt guild ) in an attempt to get them in their ranks ( and it worked wonders, lots of Uprising joined them because they got PvPed to the point that they had to just to level ) but I realized it was all a grooming process because all they spoke about was crap about Nilly.

If you're in Hokuten and read this make your own mind up about the crap been forced down you throat.

Farzo
07-21-2014, 04:18 PM
TL;DR

translation: fuck he's right, I'll just tl;dr this.

Heywood
07-21-2014, 04:20 PM
TL;DR

http://i.imgur.com/cmeOn62.gif

Casey VII
07-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Vegemite, you're a gullible moron.

Farzo
07-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Truth hurts baby!

Hang out with bitter people talking smack, or achieve things in eq, or do your own thing are pretty much are your 3 options on Red99.

I choose achieve things!

Eslade
07-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Truth hurts baby!

Hang out with bitter people talking smack, or achieve things in eq, or do your own thing are pretty much are your 3 options on Red99.

I choose achieve things!

You do realize that it's not you accomplishing anything, right? It's you + 39-50 other neckbeards that have already cleared that content over 100x each? You wouldn't be missed if you didn't make it to a raid because there is 5 others to take your place.

Definition of a warm body.

Kergan
07-21-2014, 04:54 PM
As opposed to aspiring to do what another guild has already done 100x?

Farzo
07-21-2014, 05:13 PM
Actually that's where you're wrong, it's a journey of self achievement.

So far in my rehash of old EQ I've helped kill ( to what ever degree, as you pointed out ):

Plane of Fear/Hate
Vox
Naggy
Tranix
Inny
CT
Draco
Sev
VS
Gore
Tal
Fay
Royals

And I am working on my VP key now to finalize my Kunark/Classic rehash.
(Thank to Piglet it's now become risky haha almost got me that 2nd time! )

I've done all this largely without a grooming culture of shit talking about x guild, or people in groups talking x shit about x person when they did x thing 2 years ago and how x person rmted x item and they busted x person boxing camping x item and x gm serves x guild.

And you're right, if I logged out tomorrow I would not be missed. That's the way I like it.

My goals are to see EQ content, enjoy it, enjoy PvP ( when I understand it more, and get shit loads more practice - perhaps Paladin main was not the best choice! ) and not sit there having some bitter people tell me how it was 2 years ago.

If you actually played to have fun; then shit like variance/sim pops/x random idea wouldn't matter.

--

Today's today boys the past is the past. Tomorrow's coming!
You're all big boys, it's about time you all get over it.

Eslade
07-21-2014, 05:27 PM

So far in my rehash of old EQ I've helped kill ( to what ever degree, as you pointed out ):

Plane of Fear/Hate
Vox
Naggy
Tranix
Inny
CT
Draco
Sev
VS
Gore
Tal
Fay
Royals

I've done all this largely without a grooming culture of shit talking about x guild, or people in groups talking x shit about x person when they did x thing 2 years ago and how x person rmted x item and they busted x person boxing camping x item and x gm serves x guild.

And you're right, if I logged out tomorrow I would not be missed. That's the way I like it.

My goals are to see EQ content, enjoy it, enjoy PvP ( when I understand it more, and get shit loads more practice - perhaps Paladin main was not the best choice! ) and not sit there having some bitter people tell me how it was 2 years ago.

If you actually played to have fun; then shit like variance/sim pops/x random idea wouldn't matter.

--

I have some skyrim game saves that you can have. Since you don't mind people doing the work for you.

Farzo
07-21-2014, 05:32 PM
^lol would destroy the journey - plus let know next time you solo naggy =)

I'll come watch since you're adamant about this "other people doing the work for you thing".

You're an idiot.
I think you've forgotten what an MMORPG is =P back to WoW with you.
Everyone at a raid contributes; some more critically than others.

--

Done in this thread it's just getting stupid now.

HippoNipple
07-21-2014, 05:32 PM

Plane of Fear/Hate
Vox
Naggy
Tranix
Inny
CT
Draco
Sev
VS
Gore
Tal
Fay
Royals

--

It really is sad to see people spending their 20's/30's organizing guilds and unsuccessfully devoting all their efforts to disrupt Nihilum's raiding on this emulator.

The majority of Nihilum don't even know what the rest of the server is mad about. It is just a revolving door of players logging in to indulge in some EQ nostalgia.

"Oh there is only 1 guild that does the end game content and they will let me tag along, cool."

Meanwhile other players are boiling with hatred and revenge while these new players have no clue the haters even exist.

Kergan
07-21-2014, 05:33 PM
I KNOW EVERY LAST ONE OF THE HATERS

heartbrand
07-21-2014, 05:39 PM
It really is sad to see people spending their 20's/30's organizing guilds and unsuccessfully devoting all their efforts to disrupt Nihilum's raiding on this emulator.

The majority of Nihilum don't even know what the rest of the server is mad about. It is just a revolving door of players logging in to indulge in some EQ nostalgia.

"Oh there is only 1 guild that does the end game content and they will let me tag along, cool."

Meanwhile other players are boiling with hatred and revenge while these new players have no clue the haters even exist.

One of the best posts in a long ass time.

Eslade
07-21-2014, 05:39 PM

It's a difference of play style.
Rl equivalent of tagging along with an experienced tracker to hunt for you and let you take the shot. You didn't do anything but follow the guy and do what he said, but he could have done it without you and probably faster.

Jib
07-21-2014, 06:45 PM
One of the best posts in a long ass time.

go play on blue then

Mac Drettj
07-21-2014, 06:49 PM
go play on blue then

says guy begging for variance every day all day

you have got to be one of the stupidest most annoying roleplaying faggots to every touch this project

Colgate
07-21-2014, 06:49 PM
nah that's arzak

Mac Drettj
07-21-2014, 06:50 PM
arzak doesn't talk

statement still holds

PixelFrenzy
07-21-2014, 10:31 PM

Opposed to spending their 20's/30's facerolling keyboard and getting pixel mountains? What's the difference? To some people it's fun to contest the zerg, to some people it's fun to be in it. Both play the game to have fun. I don't think anyone actually loses sleep at night with visions of Nizzar dancing in their heads. It's a video game in the end, and you play it for enjoyment. They obviously enjoy being the underdog trying to fight the power or they wouldn't log in.

Kergan
07-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Opposed to spending their 20's/30's facerolling keyboard and getting pixel mountains? What's the difference? To some people it's fun to contest the zerg, to some people it's fun to be in it. Both play the game to have fun. I don't think anyone actually loses sleep at night with visions of Nizzar dancing in their heads. It's a video game in the end, and you play it for enjoyment. They obviously enjoy being the underdog trying to fight the power or they wouldn't log in.

I think some people here actually lose sleep over the Nihilum domination.

And that's the point dude, they don't log in. If they all did they could actually contest.

Gaffin 7.0
07-21-2014, 11:01 PM
says guy begging for variance every day all day

you have got to be one of the stupidest most annoying roleplaying faggots to every touch this project

lol'd hard

mtb tripper
07-22-2014, 12:00 AM
what level to join

Eslade
07-22-2014, 12:22 AM
I think some people here actually lose sleep over the Nihilum domination.

And that's the point dude, they don't log in. If they all did they could actually contest.

I have nightmares of being chased by a wheelchair that wants to sell me dragon scales and I just can't outrun it. Eventually the wheelchair is caught and it's forced to restart.

I wake up in a cold sweat.

s1ckness
07-22-2014, 01:41 AM
love new guilds that make the server thrive.

pras

Nirgon
07-22-2014, 09:44 AM
hi titanuk thought you were dead, glad you aren't.

James is going to nahighlum not hoteykootin.

Malevz
07-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Kept coming back, just couldn't enjoy the game.

Left my old guild and joined Hokuten, and actually having fun again. Good group here.

Etris
07-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Still waiting on an invite ;(

Farzo
07-23-2014, 12:47 PM
@ Malevz - has got the right idea - playing for fun.

Mac Drettj
07-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Kept coming back, just couldn't enjoy the game.

Left my old guild and joined Hokuten, and actually having fun again. Good group here.

http://www.fhm.nl/upload/content/image/Thomas/December%202013/rambo.jpg

Malevz
07-23-2014, 04:58 PM
I have a structured settlement and need cash NOW!

Jib
07-24-2014, 11:29 AM
Hokuten good selfless people. We also do jg wentworth karaoke.

lol

Kesulos
07-30-2014, 10:25 PM
Hokuten recruitment going strong. New wave of low and mid level recruits leveling up to join the resistance. Apply today http://hokuten.forumotion.com/f4-apply-to-hokuten

http://i.imgur.com/BLFGAqp.png

DrRoach
07-30-2014, 10:36 PM
Azrael got nagafen And vox, as a Nihilum member I wish hokuten got it

Tassador
07-30-2014, 10:43 PM
oh shit dude i have played fft like 100 times got it on iphone, psp, ps3, ps1 and i never once fucking got the connection, hokuten knights until that picture...

DrRoach
07-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Hokuten recruitment going strong. New wave of low and mid level recruits leveling up to join the resistance. Apply today http://hokuten.forumotion.com/f4-apply-to-hokuten

Thought that was ogre battle

Kesulos
07-30-2014, 10:47 PM
oh shit dude i have played fft like 100 times got it on iphone, psp, ps3, ps1 and i never once fucking got the connection, hokuten knights until that picture...

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?/forum/13-final-fantasy-tactics-13/

Play it again if you haven't done this yet

Imago
07-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Azrael got nagafen And vox, as a Nihilum member I wish hokuten got it

Wrong.

You wish Nihilum had gotten them. You wish you had been there to stop the resistance from getting them. You wish that, if it had been a race solely between the non Nihilum guilds with Nihilum not being involved at all, that everybody would have lost their connection mid battle and Naggy/Vox would have killed us all and leveled.

But you do not wish that Hokuten got it. You aren't fooling anyone.

Psykes
07-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Wrong.

You wish Nihilum had gotten them. You wish you had been there to stop the resistance from getting them. You wish that, if it had been a race solely between the non Nihilum guilds with Nihilum not being involved at all, that everybody would have lost their connection mid battle and Naggy/Vox would have killed us all and leveled.

But you do not wish that Hokuten got it. You aren't fooling anyone.

^^^ this guy, they aint below level 52 like your scrub ass, your like a hobo...take your handout

Eslade
07-30-2014, 11:31 PM
^^^ this guy, they aint below level 52 like your scrub ass, your like a hobo...take your handout

Who are you?

Psykes
07-30-2014, 11:35 PM
Who are you?
Inquiring minds want to know

Imago
07-31-2014, 12:10 AM

If you think I am under 52, then you are showing how long it has been since you've played seriously. Take your opinions and get the fuck out.

Jib
07-31-2014, 08:29 AM

haha awesome

R Flair
07-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Like how azrael 23.0 was named after the bad guys in ff tactics. Go figure.

Jib
07-31-2014, 09:30 AM
good and bad is in the eye of the beholder

Genedin
07-31-2014, 09:41 AM
I'm highly offended I was not included in this awesome picture.

Eslade
07-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Like how azrael 23.0 was named after the bad guys in ff tactics. Go figure.

Them Nizzar nuts must taste delicious to you.

Genedin
07-31-2014, 10:23 AM
I just bought FFtactics for my iphone due to you nerds saying is so great.

I hope i didn't just waste 15 dollars

Kergan
07-31-2014, 10:28 AM
FF Tactics is really good.

Jib
07-31-2014, 10:36 AM
I just bought FFtactics for my iphone due to you nerds saying is so great.

I hope i didn't just waste 15 dollars

hope you bought the original from like 1992 or whatever, all the other knock offs were terrible besides the 1.3 insane revamp for the original

Genedin
07-31-2014, 10:55 AM
Naw. Just bought the iphone one that has "hd graphics" or some shit. I don't own a playstation and this will be what I'm playing at work when I have some down-time so iphone is my only option.

Has 2.5k reviews and 5 stars so I assume it can't be that bad.

Eslade
07-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Naw. Just bought the iphone one that has "hd graphics" or some shit. I don't own a playstation and this will be what I'm playing at work when I have some down-time so iphone is my only option.

Has 2.5k reviews and 5 stars so I assume it can't be that bad.

Get a PS1 emulator and use a ps3 controller through bluetooth for that immersion.

Genedin
07-31-2014, 11:20 AM
I have a ps4 controller. Honestly though I just need a game to play on my free time. If I'm in front of a computer its everquest or dota2 time.

Also I'm fucking terrified of emulators. I played FF7 to the end of the third disk and then the emulator stopped working......

Eslade
07-31-2014, 11:22 AM
I have a ps4 controller. Honestly though I just need a game to play on my free time. If I'm in front of a computer its everquest or dota2 time.

Also I'm fucking terrified of emulators. I played FF7 to the end of the third disk and then the emulator stopped working......

I meant get the emulator in your phone but meh.

Hokuten thriving.

#thestruggleisreal

Etris
07-31-2014, 11:23 AM
YOu play dota 2 too!? Dude........we're meant to teamspeak together for hours.

R Flair
07-31-2014, 11:26 AM
good and bad is in the eye of the beholder

typical perspective of bad guys

Syft 2.0
07-31-2014, 12:36 PM
Farzo the problem with simulated repops is it doesn't make the game worse for Nihilum, which is all they really care about doing. It isn't a "help us" argument its a "hurt them" argument, which is why it has already been shot down by staff.

Logically then it makes zero sense for you to argue against it, if you could get mobs just as easily as before, why would you argue it against it so vehemently.

Variance was put into place to stop one guild server dominance, exactly what we have here. Obviously what their doing isn't working, so why keep doing it?

Kergan
07-31-2014, 01:41 PM
Variance was put into place on blue to stop one guild on blue from blue server dominance because they have no other means of contesting. Obviously this isn't blue, so why do it?

FTFY you fucking blubie.

Kergan
07-31-2014, 01:44 PM
Also you left out the part where they took it off blue because everyone hated it even there.