PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think the population is sinking once more ?

lite
07-18-2014, 10:18 AM
well ?

Sektor
07-18-2014, 10:26 AM
GM

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Every game gets boring at some point. I think this content has held more peoples attention than most games would with no changes or additions.

Gaffin 7.0
07-18-2014, 10:28 AM
community more toxic than it ever was

Elderan
07-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Lite and crew gets crushed in pvp, goes MIA. Population peaks at year long high of 220 a night. Lite and crew start coming back, population sinks.

You decide!

Vile
07-18-2014, 10:38 AM
100% the community.

Also server needs a wipe... keep blue around forever... who seriously wouldn't play if they wiped red? It would be glorious.

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 10:42 AM
100% the community.

Also server needs a wipe... keep blue around forever... who seriously wouldn't play if they wiped red? It would be glorious.

I agree but I'm not a hardcore player and I know you aren't either. Do people that put in 8 hours a day agree with this? Honest question.

spooge
07-18-2014, 10:50 AM
summer?

Tassador
07-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Play less game will feel more fresh and you will have more fun. Some of you log in and just sit in a zone like mindless zombies with shit to do.

Vile
07-18-2014, 11:06 AM
I agree but I'm not a hardcore player and I know you aren't either. Do people that put in 8 hours a day agree with this? Honest question.

Fresh restarts even on live were always awesome... these servers stuck in Kunark for years need cyclical resets. This would help alleviate guild bull shit and RMT pyramid schemes..

Not Salem
07-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Population on the decline due to lack of wipe for sure. I agree 100 percent a re-set cycle is what the server needs.

Andis
07-18-2014, 11:23 AM
not sure why people are crying for a restart

sirken and other GMs have said multiple times, this server is not getting wiped lol - as much good as it can do, doesnt matter

flame on

Jib
07-18-2014, 11:25 AM
variance is the solution to all our problems

Gaffin 7.0
07-18-2014, 11:27 AM
community is awful, not only on forums but in game, cant even ask a valid question without stfu faggot etc

constant threads of arguing, racism, calling people faggots and "dont play this server" all day attracts more people amirite? also more RL threats and info help it

Nirgon
07-18-2014, 11:32 AM
No item loot / needs resist code fix.

I noticed on blue that at high values things actually resist for full regularly... including druid dots....

Rogean says the resist code is the same on both servers at the time we asked him for blue resist improvements... I don't think that's the case.

Kergan
07-18-2014, 11:39 AM

I noticed on blue that at high values things actually resist for full regularly... including druid dots....

Rogean says the resist code is the same on both servers at the time we asked him for blue resist improvements... I don't think that's the case.

Dude blue is hosed beyond belief with PVP resists. You can even resist dispels, and blind lands almost every time. It's garbage and it's 100% for sure not the same as red.

Andis
07-18-2014, 11:44 AM

will say it again

item loot is a server killer. simply put no one wants to farm for hours on end, and then get ganked by a 5 man squad and lose their 10 hour worth of camped item. stupid. this is eq. u camp your items and use them to pvp. simple

nirgon and his item loot is giving me a headache lol

Zalaerian
07-18-2014, 11:50 AM
Yaw item loot dum as shit. Keeps the top guild on top with full no drop armor while the peasants get their mithril flanked non stop. There's a reason why item loot lasted 6 months on vztz

heartbrand
07-18-2014, 11:51 AM
I think a better compromise would be a Discord style box that reset regularly, rather than wiping red99 which will result in 3 weeks of fun, if that, before it turns into the inevitable "all the hardcore poopsockers have reached 50 and are locking down all content" status.

Vile
07-18-2014, 11:58 AM
not sure why people are crying for a restart

sirken and other GMs have said multiple times, this server is not getting wiped lol - as much good as it can do, doesnt matter

flame on

No one here is crying about.

I am simply stating what could re-invigorate this server's health.

We know the GM's said it won't be wiped.. doesn't mean Rogean himself tomorrow can't say both servers are going to cyclical resets...

http://www.vilesyntax.com/images/PUMA.jpg

Andis -- if the server reset I know you would enjoy it :)

Can someone please give me a list of reasons why cyclical resets wouldn't be good for the servers? Minimum 4-5 months per expansion maybe more... If not blue, this would definitely be awesome for Red..

Vile
07-18-2014, 12:00 PM
I think a better compromise would be a Discord style box that reset regularly, rather than wiping red99 which will result in 3 weeks of fun, if that, before it turns into the inevitable "all the hardcore poopsockers have reached 50 and are locking down all content" status.

A discord type server with Red's code/database would be awesome.

Of course I'd like to see some resists tweaked but yea...

Ghordo
07-18-2014, 12:02 PM
They'll never wipe it because the GM's are making some sweet side money through RMT.

Genedin
07-18-2014, 12:02 PM

I have mixed feelings on this.

If the server pop stayed the exact same and factions stayed the same, a wipe would simply mean nihilum is at the top again and people are contesting again.

However, you have to take into account that this may be a chance for people to come out of retirement, people who are just in nihilum because there is no other choice for pixels, and people from blue to come over and play there is a chance for a dramatic change in the power and gameplay on the box.

Personally I'm not promoting a wipe, though I wouldn't mind one either, but I think it's a little brazen to suggest if one were to happen the status quo would remain the same.

Ghordo
07-18-2014, 12:03 PM
community is awful, not only on forums but in game, cant even ask a valid question without stfu faggot etc

constant threads of arguing, racism, calling people faggots and "dont play this server" all day attracts more people amirite? also more RL threats and info help it

Pretty much it, the best years of project 1999 are behind 2009-2012 were the best.

Ghordo
07-18-2014, 12:04 PM

If the server pop stayed the exact same and factions stayed the same, a wipe would simply mean nihilum is at the top again and people are contesting again.

However, you have to take into account that this may be a chance for people to come out of retirement, people who are just in nihilum because there is no other choice for pixels, and people from blue to come over and play there is a chance for a dramatic change in the power and gameplay on the box.

Personally I'm not promoting a wipe, though I wouldn't mind one either, but I think it's a little brazen to suggest if one were to happen the status quo would remain the same.

Kergan
07-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Tellin' you bros, simulated wipe.

Lock R99, open new R99, merge in 6 months or whatever. Nobody loses their shit, people who want that new server smell get in on it.

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 12:07 PM
So for the sake of the few life losers who still play a stale elf sim 40 hours a week like a job, a good portion of whom got their gear from Nizzar's 2.5 year RMT operation, it should stay up?

Yeah but you don't want to screw over people that are loyal to your project. Those guys, whether you like them or not, invested a lot into the server. Not everyone that is addicted to this server does RMT and even some of the ones that do like Sektors still add more to the community then they take away in my opinion.

If everyone that ever played this server was a casual like myself the population would be a small fraction of what it is right now. The hardcore players are very important.

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 12:08 PM

Lock R99, open new R99, merge in 6 months or whatever. Nobody loses their shit, people who want that new server smell get in on it.

I love this idea.

Sektor
07-18-2014, 12:12 PM

love this idea

Mac Drettj
07-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Thread backfire

Not_Kazowi
07-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Wipe the server every 2 years or make it discord. Nothing will be stale then. Always changing and new drama regularly.

heartbrand
07-18-2014, 12:51 PM

You greatly underestimate the neckbeards then. If anything, Nihilum would go harder than ever to prove they can lock down Box 2.0. Trust me.

LulzSect
07-18-2014, 12:53 PM
it's fucking summer time

Everquest is for winter days, rainy days, unemployment, that feel when no gf, disabled, crushing obesity, etc. etc.

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 12:57 PM
it's fucking summer time

Everquest is for winter days, rainy days, unemployment, that feel when no gf, disabled, crushing obesity, etc. etc.

I'm sure that's it. Red99 community is out at the beach getting laid. Sounds realistic.

lolin
07-18-2014, 01:03 PM
well ?

Which one did you vote for?

Barladore
07-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Wipe the server every 2 years or make it discord. Nothing will be stale then. Always changing and new drama regularly.

This is the truth. At this point i'd be very surprised if anyone was against a wipe, it's so obvious red99 needs one.

Defensemx
07-18-2014, 01:08 PM

Not a bad idea.

Dragonsblood1987
07-18-2014, 01:09 PM
I'm sure that's it. Red99 community is out at the beach

greenpeace is trying to push them back into the water as we speak

Not_Kazowi
07-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Double post on accident sorry

Kergan
07-18-2014, 01:18 PM
I may be in the minority but I have 0 interest in playing on a server where I know for 100% fact I'm going to lose everything at some point.

Tassador
07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
I may be in the minority but I have 0 interest in playing on a server where I know for 100% fact I'm going to lose everything at some point.

100% you will lose everything at one point.

Not_Kazowi
07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
No matter what we are playing on borrowed time here. Even this server will end and be deleted eventually.

Wipes are good for competition and population sake, eventually people get burned out or bored of the same thing.

It won't happen so don't worry but it would be cool

Kergan
07-18-2014, 01:41 PM
100% you will lose everything at one point.

I'm hoping this box lives on long after I am dead. I will have to include my elf sim property in my will.

Mr Monty
07-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Derubael is a major faggot that banned players of red for rmt, who the fuck cares about rmt?

Zade
07-18-2014, 01:57 PM
IRTOP,

http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/current/acttemp_600x405.jpg

people like to go outside in the summer

Ames who?
07-18-2014, 02:07 PM
velious

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 02:11 PM
I'm hoping this box lives on long after I am dead. I will have to include my elf sim property in my will.

Yeah that could get expensive with systematic wipes, needing to rewrite your will every year. It probably isn't too much of a stretch to say pixels on this server are the most valuable assets to some of the players.

|3igHurb
07-18-2014, 02:12 PM
i think its because Lite posts so much

georgie
07-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Fresh restarts even on live were always awesome... these servers stuck in Kunark for years need cyclical resets. This would help alleviate guild bull shit and RMT pyramid schemes..

yeah I loved playing on the new start server I forgot the name of it but it sucked it was blue. and if u wanted to pvp u had to be discord and couldn't get buffed by blues

georgie
07-18-2014, 02:19 PM
No one here is crying about.

I am simply stating what could re-invigorate this server's health.

We know the GM's said it won't be wiped.. doesn't mean Rogean himself tomorrow can't say both servers are going to cyclical resets...

http://www.vilesyntax.com/images/PUMA.jpg

Andis -- if the server reset I know you would enjoy it :)

Can someone please give me a list of reasons why cyclical resets wouldn't be good for the servers? Minimum 4-5 months per expansion maybe more... If not blue, this would definitely be awesome for Red..

andis would probably get the same faggots together and poop shoot and fail at the end of the day LOL

Mac Drettj
07-18-2014, 02:35 PM
IRTOP,

http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/current/acttemp_600x405.jpg

people like to go outside in the summer

Summer break most laughable comment on these boards. Tells everyone's age and contribution to society.

Nizzarr
07-18-2014, 02:37 PM
every time lite post, somebody quits.

stop the bleeding.

Zade
07-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Summer break most laughable comment on these boards. Tells everyone's age and contribution to society.

I don't understand this. 9 months of fucking winter in alaska. summer is like the only time we get to open windows and literally go outside. lower 48 ppl are spoiled

heartbrand
07-18-2014, 02:43 PM
Guess this thread backfired

Andis
07-18-2014, 02:49 PM
andis would probably get the same faggots together and poop shoot and fail at the end of the day LOL

not sure who you are but andis never fails

dont have the playtime to lead anything here

but flame on - andis lives off of it

LulzSect
07-18-2014, 03:28 PM
making diggles a guide was a major mistake

dumb faggot

Tassador
07-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Andis reminds me of that jimmy episode on sienfeld.

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 03:37 PM
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120911163960/seinfeld/images/d/df/The_jimmy.png

Zade
07-18-2014, 04:43 PM
making diggles a guide was a major mistake

dumb faggot

not sure if this is directed towards me, but im gunna guess it is since your on my nuts every post i make.

don't know who diggles is, but if u wanna suck my dick IRL u just gotta ask. stop stalking my forum posts. so gay lol

Malevz
07-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Didn't read most of the thread, but there's only so much to do in kunark, and it's been around for a long time.

HippoNipple
07-18-2014, 04:51 PM
not sure if this is directed towards me, but im gunna guess it is since your on my nuts every post i make.

don't know who diggles is, but if u wanna suck my dick IRL u just gotta ask. stop stalking my forum posts. so gay lol

Falling for the trolls hard, gettin awfully close

http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/04/pinkslip-1.jpeg

Halfelfbard
07-18-2014, 04:58 PM
Static NPC timers. And most likely the slaying of new people trying to progress with there fine steel items, and cloth. PvP happened. (to people in rags trying to level and enjoy the nice exp mega gainz, its like a buff dude going a middle school and beatin the shit out of the kids.)

Mac Drettj
07-18-2014, 05:11 PM
Static NPC timers. And most likely the slaying of new people trying to progress with there fine steel items, and cloth. PvP happened. (to people in rags trying to level and enjoy the nice exp mega gainz, its like a buff dude going a middle school and beatin the shit out of the kids.)

If the kids knew that pvp might happen and expected it to then what's the problem

LulzSect
07-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Aren't too many fat fucks that live in Alaska you faggot mega nerd

DoxD YOURSELF

Cymeon
07-18-2014, 06:20 PM
lulz u fuckin rl hobbit fgt stfu

derpcake
07-18-2014, 06:37 PM
well ?

This won't make me popular, but hey, I'm here to have fun.

Where is your assistance when the non-nihi people are being attacked?

You sure are geared and skilled enough to help out in day to day pvp.

The things you and many others hope for aren't going to be realised through forumquest, they need you and them guys to log in and put up a fight.

QuantumZebra
07-18-2014, 06:57 PM
You greatly underestimate the neckbeards then. If anything, Nihilum would go harder than ever to prove they can lock down Box 2.0. Trust me.

Yea I mean as strange as it seems - Red would turn into even more of a shitfest. People would be killing each other to be the "champs" of box 2, 3, 4, etc...

hurtinu
07-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Definitely do not want a wipe, I just finally started getting somewhere!

I just started playing and I made it into my 50's now, I am leveling slow intentionally to collect a little bit of equipment as I move along. I noticed a lot of people that I was grouping with and exping with from level 20 up until about level 40 have stopped playing. I am pretty sure that it was the non stop thrashing twinks liked to come and lay down on the under geared new players.

I was really looking forward to some old school pvp as I was leveling up but unfortunately it did not happen, the only pvp was an extremely one sided gong show of twinks slaughtering new players. The irony of this is that the new players would take their death and be forced to loot and scoot from their exp zone but if they teamed up and managed to almost kill one of the twinks they would zone plug or suicide on mobs (lol). If the new players would have maybe been able to get a kill without the twinks suicideing or zone plugging it might have been a bit more fun but the pvp was absolutely ridiculous.

Anyway.. the long and short of the story is a small percentage of people on this server ruined it for themselves and everyone else by chasing away 80 percent of the new people who actually wanted to give it a try. I do not understand why they would do this, I am guessing that they are just that stupid that they did not realize what they were doing.

I think the only solution to this would be to change the play nice policy to allow for new players (somehow flag them???) or to put a level requirement on items that someone below level 50 should not be able to wear. A level 20 monk should not (without twinking) be running around with a fungi tunic, t-staff (or whatever op weapon they had), full diamond gear and whatever else they were twinked out with.

I am enjoying this server, I played on good team sullon zek from the start and it was way more difficult then this server because there was no level limit and goods were way out numbered. I wish other new players would have been able to stick it out... Or there were less retards on this server.

And... I am anticipating that same small percentage of people to respond to this with something like go back to blue you panzie.. or QQ more puss... But this is the truth about why the server population is the way that it is...

Edge86
07-18-2014, 07:16 PM
I would have to say the community. My friend and myself tried this server maybe 6 months ago since we both played on Rallos then Sullon on live. He lasted about 2 days and couldn't get over the constant cussing, trash talking, immature middle-school style insults in OOC. I stuck it out by myself for about a week after that and the immaturity in OOC and constantly getting destroyed by fungi tunic wearing twinks and getting cussed out in tells afterwards was enough for me to give up. I know some people like this thing, but I would guess most people don't. And that is why the population is so low.

phacemeltar
07-18-2014, 07:16 PM
I do not understand why they would do this

epeen

Kergan
07-18-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm going to do my best to give you an intelligent response so you can at least have one of them to go along with the troll posts.

Definitely do not want a wipe, I just finally started getting somewhere!

I just started playing and I made it into my 50's now, I am leveling slow intentionally to collect a little bit of equipment as I move along. I noticed a lot of people that I was grouping with and exping with from level 20 up until about level 40 have stopped playing. I am pretty sure that it was the non stop thrashing twinks liked to come and lay down on the under geared new players.

I don't doubt this has an effect on people. I have my own supertwink (currently lvl 19) and I have never attacked someone that hasn't attacked me first. PVP is the primary reason to play on R99 but tbo it doesn't get very interesting until 50+. I'd personally rather avoid it rather than steamroll someone who might quit. Not everyone feels this way.

I was really looking forward to some old school pvp as I was leveling up but unfortunately it did not happen, the only pvp was an extremely one sided gong show of twinks slaughtering new players. The irony of this is that the new players would take their death and be forced to loot and scoot from their exp zone but if they teamed up and managed to almost kill one of the twinks they would zone plug or suicide on mobs (lol). If the new players would have maybe been able to get a kill without the twinks suicideing or zone plugging it might have been a bit more fun but the pvp was absolutely ridiculous.

Before Alecta (PVP dev) went MIA he was working on some anti-plugging code. While this was pushed mostly by the high level population I can see it greatly benefiting the low level population for this reason. Honestly, I believe there is a significant amount of newer players here who don't know you can plug. I was fighting a Hokuten guy a couple weeks ago on my 51 monk and he kept zone dancing between LS and SolB at low health, and finally made a run for SolRo temple...couldn't figure out why he didn't just plug and I finally killed him...I almost felt bad knowing how easily he could have escaped.

Anyway.. the long and short of the story is a small percentage of people on this server ruined it for themselves and everyone else by chasing away 80 percent of the new people who actually wanted to give it a try. I do not understand why they would do this, I am guessing that they are just that stupid that they did not realize what they were doing.

I have to be honest here, if you can't deal with that stuff a little bit it's going to be tough to stick it out here for the long haul. I find a big part of the problem is people play on R99 like its P99...they congregate in the most optimal zone like Crushbone, Unrest or MM and never utilize underpopulated zones in the same level range like RE, Paw, Befallen, etc. The supertwink pvpers are like sharks coming in looking for the schools of baitfish. Don't be a baitfish.

I think the only solution to this would be to change the play nice policy to allow for new players (somehow flag them???) or to put a level requirement on items that someone below level 50 should not be able to wear. A level 20 monk should not (without twinking) be running around with a fungi tunic, t-staff (or whatever op weapon they had), full diamond gear and whatever else they were twinked out with.

As someone with more than one max level character, I have to disagree here. I understand the intent, but you're removing a lot of the replayability (i.e. twinking and lvling up) of EQ because of a few bad apples.

I am enjoying this server, I played on good team sullon zek from the start and it was way more difficult then this server because there was no level limit and goods were way out numbered. I wish other new players would have been able to stick it out... Or there were less retards on this server.

And... I am anticipating that same small percentage of people to respond to this with something like go back to blue you panzie.. or QQ more puss... But this is the truth about why the server population is the way that it is...

Some people will respond with that. Keep in mind you're not dealing with the majority of the server on these forums. A large percentage of people who post here a ton don't even play, they are just trolls. I can tell you that the largest and most powerful guild on the server (Nihilum) has a strict anti-griefing policy and doesn't allow people to plow through new players with supertwinked characters wearing guild raid loot. It has happened and it will happen again, but it is still punishable within the guild and I've personally seen people kicked out for it.

Clark
07-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Wipe it for God sake.

georgie
07-18-2014, 08:19 PM
I think it's the 1 guild. Lots of casuals can't compete with nerds. Haven't you seen revenge of the nerds?

georgie
07-18-2014, 08:20 PM
It needs a wipe now that I've played soloing an sk. It needs a server wipe and maybe a 1 or 2 day of no pvp so bluebies don't get griefed in freeport and leave the first day.

georgie
07-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I will remain anonymous just in case I need to use u. And betray u later

Nizzarr
07-18-2014, 08:35 PM
whats ruining this server?

Ooc and lvl 14/20/30/40 epic rogues with fungis.

Bardalicious
07-18-2014, 08:39 PM
whats ruining this server?

Ooc and lvl 14/20/30/40 epic rogues with fungis.

Which guild hosts the highest number of epic, fungi and dragon / god / VP geared lowbie twinks on the server?

Gaffin 7.0
07-18-2014, 08:41 PM
community option winnin, pretty much why most dont play here, toxic people

Clark
07-18-2014, 08:46 PM

This or wipe it clean.

R Flair
07-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Which guild hosts the highest number of epic, fungi and dragon / god / VP geared lowbie twinks on the server?

As someone who just leveled 2 characters up to 50+ I can tell you its not god/vp geared characters killing lowbies. In fact, half a dozen nihilum have anti-pk twinks just to grief the griefers. Unfortunately this servers PNP and LNS policies are more conducive to PKs than anti pks, because on live people that spent their time trying to grief other players ended up getting corpse camped off the server. On red the good guys would get banned.

Malone88
07-18-2014, 08:48 PM
I have to be honest here, if you can't deal with that stuff a little bit it's going to be tough to stick it out here for the long haul. I find a big part of the problem is people play on R99 like its P99...they congregate in the most optimal zone like Crushbone, Unrest or MM and never utilize underpopulated zones in the same level range like RE, Paw, Befallen, etc. The supertwink pvpers are like sharks coming in looking for the schools of baitfish. Don't be a baitfish.

The baitfish will get more XP in one night with a full group in CB, Unrest, MM, COM than they will soloing for a month in unpopular zones.
I'll take my chances in the popular zones hoping the twinks don't show up or the group can fight them off.

Sometimes just a thick skin is needed. Most of the twinks are decent peeps once you get to know them a little.

Buhbuh
07-18-2014, 09:15 PM
The community.

I didn't read thread, but I'm usually unopposed to wipes on these boxes in general. There have been so many issues trying to get this server to the relatively un-exploitable place it's at now.

Like the invis pulling trivialized VP, fungi camp, and dozens of other important camps really early on.

The only catch is I wouldn't play that much anymore if it stayed in Kunark with a wipe or any type of thing Kergan mentioned.

The majority of this community is painstakingly toiling away in Kunark content when it's all been done and seen for years. Velious is titties, and we want to see it.

I do think some of the more hardcore players that are generally terrible for this community overall left because resists and melee are pretty out of sync with how live was. You can see the empirical evidence of that in mass PvP.

Those 45v50's or even numbered fights with the 2 top tier guilds fighting took 5 minutes. It's because nukes can melt people, and melee can shred people right now.

Battles like that took hours on live for one side to come out on top. That's a large majority of what's missing from this server - there's very little sustainability on any character with the way melee and resists operate here.

Also the 5% interrupt per hit on players is pretty ridiculous. Warriors kick stun and crippling blow stun lock is retarded.

There are a lot of little things (relative to the problem with the population) that could improve the PvP scene as a whole, but it would take some big overhauls from Alecta or whomever is doing changes now.

Kergan
07-18-2014, 09:24 PM
The baitfish will get more XP in one night with a full group in CB, Unrest, MM, COM than they will soloing for a month in unpopular zones.
I'll take my chances in the popular zones hoping the twinks don't show up or the group can fight them off.

Sometimes just a thick skin is needed. Most of the twinks are decent peeps once you get to know them a little.

We have global ooc for a reason. Form a group and go somewhere. A group uninterrupted in a suboptimal zone will get more exp then a group in a hotspot getting PVP'd 25% of the time.

LulzSect
07-18-2014, 09:24 PM
i owned everybody with my scythe back in the day

Sheriff
07-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Wipe it and make it a progression server culminating on a Velious release..... Using the appropriate timeline from live. Bottom line, no one will quit, all guilds will be even again and everyone who is new in the last couple years gets to experience classic again. If you don't the sever dies over the next couple of years because NOTHING is going to change.

Sapphiay
07-18-2014, 10:22 PM
With a bad connection here at a hotel i can't login often to the red server or with up to 80 tries. There is no problem with the blue one to login though he has a much higher population. But for the red one i need up to 45 minutes to make it. What is wrong with the red server? I am perhaps not the only one who has this problem. Oh and i am new here with 2 months and one week playing and i like it very much.

Nizzarr
07-18-2014, 11:19 PM
next level troll

Elderan
07-18-2014, 11:19 PM
With a bad connection here at a hotel i can't login often to the red server or with up to 80 tries. There is no problem with the blue one to login though he has a much higher population. But for the red one i need up to 45 minutes to make it. What is wrong with the red server? I am perhaps not the only one who has this problem. Oh and i am new here with 2 months and one week playing and i like it very much.

/end thread

Zereh
07-19-2014, 12:39 AM
Lack of content.

LulzSect
07-19-2014, 09:18 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/045/5/b/gamer_girl_2_by_xutjja-d4polcg.jpg

filthyphil
07-19-2014, 09:22 AM
bad community, zone plugging, 15p crystallized pumice

Sapphiay
07-19-2014, 09:29 AM
*eg*

Koota
07-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Oh look, another variance thread by lite. This time, it's just slightly more subliminal

Rushmore
07-19-2014, 12:51 PM
Velious pls

Porz
07-19-2014, 02:00 PM
It's pretty telling that you have more votes for community than the rest together!

Nirgon
07-19-2014, 02:12 PM
well ?

Multiple years of Kunark

Kergan
07-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Multiple years of Kunark

Yeah.

Musetii
07-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Derubael failed to deliver on false promises, server on the decline.

mtb tripper
07-19-2014, 03:05 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mddauwNDZR1rz1uqto1_500.gif

georgie
07-19-2014, 04:24 PM

takes 45 seconds for me.

georgie
07-19-2014, 04:42 PM

They are so bad. Bard are u still playing

Clark
07-19-2014, 05:47 PM
Wipe it clean.

Clark
07-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Or nihilum deleted for leader rmting.

Kergan
07-20-2014, 09:47 PM
210 on atm, population holding steady after the last push. Nothing to see here move along.

freez
07-20-2014, 09:51 PM
easy

because we are on the beach

Lyzard
07-21-2014, 05:20 AM
Community without question

Colgate
07-21-2014, 05:42 AM
rolfron zek has variance

R Flair
07-21-2014, 07:00 AM
Must be 300+ then, but wait its not.

Kergan
07-21-2014, 09:39 AM
rolfron zek had variance

FTFY

Gaffin 7.0
07-21-2014, 09:59 AM
yikes forums still shit

Colgate
07-21-2014, 04:26 PM
FTFY

naw it still does

fiegi 8.0
07-21-2014, 04:30 PM
y isnt there a management option on the poll?

Kergan
07-21-2014, 04:54 PM
naw it still does

Must be frustrating for the dude trying to 6 box down Tranix.

Colgate
07-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Must be frustrating for the dude trying to 6 box down Tranix.

tranix is actually harder than most dragons i think, necro/sk NPCs there are fucking terrifying

Laugher
07-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Saw the sim wipe every 6 months suggestion come up, and thought back once again to d2 ladder

Once every 6 months server gets wiped, chars from leaderboard server get moved onto old red rather than deleted

New season starts=race to level, leaderboard, neckbeard pvp and enough pop to group/keep everyone immersed for at least a week or two; little if any fungi twinks by comparison to leveling on old red

pop drops, server wipes, everyone keeps their char and/or get a new start on the new leaderboard server if they would rather

ladder stops pulling in interested players? No biggie, everyones chars are on old red by that pt :p

Kergan
07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
EQ is a game that does not blend well with a seasonal system.

If you want to do anything like that, look at how path of exile does it.

You have a season and that group of characters/gear is self contained. No assistance from outside that group. At the end of the season, the characters get dumped into a "general" pool with the character results from previous seasons. In addition, each season has its own unique things going on.

It's just an enormous waste of time to put any effort into campaigning for a wipe. They've said repeatedly there will be none, so there is that. Second, you have a huge percentage of the server that have invested hundreds of hours into their characters.

Unless you come up with a solution that alleviates the concern of losing all your efforts while still accomplishing a big population spike/putting people on an even playing field, it's going to fall on deaf ears.

lite
07-21-2014, 10:22 PM
tlwillnotread