PDA

View Full Version : Illy Glitch should be in game? i dunno Plz read

Taralia
07-18-2014, 08:42 AM
I know for a fact 100%, that you could wolf form/ Illy form skeleton etc, sit on a door cast illy and go through locked doors, that WAS classic 100% sure i remeber it because druids and necros did it all the time to get past seb door, so im wondering why it isnt implemented here?

Thulack
07-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Still can do it on live to this day. Stand against a door, illusion, then while your pushing against the door click illusion off and you pop through.

Taralia
07-18-2014, 08:52 AM
anyone mind doing it on live and showing the GMs etc? i would but no acc activate d

dealicious
07-18-2014, 03:33 PM
eqlive is free, do it yourself?

nilbog
07-18-2014, 03:49 PM
I know for a fact 100%, that you could wolf form/ Illy form skeleton etc, sit on a door cast illy and go through locked doors, that WAS classic 100% sure i remeber it because druids and necros did it all the time to get past seb door, so im wondering why it isnt implemented here?

Works on eqlive now, but did NOT in classic. Is my recollection. If you can find reports otherwise, post em up.

Skydash
07-18-2014, 04:37 PM
It worked in classic.

Monk with dark elf mask, I could run through any locked door.
Seb doors, CoM doors, all doors.

Any illusion would work, just angle yourself so you are pressing on the joint of the door and click off the illusion spell... pop, through you go.

I quit playing live before Luclin.

I have no proof to present, but I will try and dig up an old post from Monkly Business.

evilkorn
07-18-2014, 06:03 PM
By that notion you should be able to succor camp in SG, but they already said (you cant atm) you wont be able to do that.

Skydash
07-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Heres what I could find:

1) http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/12325-13-locked-door-venril-sathir

">And I doubt all these old "flux/knockbacks, creative levitation
> tricks, creative use of illusions,etc" still works.

They worked in 2000 the first time I made use of them, and wiped to VS with
a raid force of 50+ people. They worked in 2005 the last time I made use of
them, and beat VS with my 2-box cleric, me tanking, a rogue and a druid. At
least the ones I use (I never got to play with flux/knockback myself, so I
had to be even more creative). So I know it's still possible."

2) http://everquest.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=1&mid=1251863156268983049

"Poping through doors isnt an exploit. Its been around for many many years (probably since you have been in diapers). People use it all the time and will continue to use it. Not everyone has to abide by your rules. Good thing you didnt play on the pvp server back in the day when stealing raid mobs was what u were supposed to do."

My monk still has his mask on live, one of the first things I did when I tried playing again a few months ago was use it to pop through Seb doors. I remembered doing it after 13 years because I used it every chance I got.
Wish I could find more definitive links.