PDA

View Full Version : EverQuest has detected that your client may have crashed

Altair
07-18-2014, 02:47 AM
Anyone else getting this message ALOT sent last patch?

sulpher01
07-18-2014, 06:05 AM
Anyone else getting this message ALOT sent last patch?

Yes, 10 times a day or so

Wonton
07-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Took a trip to Colorado for 5 days and it still happens. I thought all that fresh air would make my computer not crash when selecting a character, however, I was wrong. This crash occurred 8 times today before I finally logged in successfully... EQ is like that Mitch Hedberg joke about a baked potato... "I like baked potatoes. I don't have a microwave oven, and it takes forever to bake a potato in a conventional oven. Sometimes I'll just throw one in there, even if I don't want one, because by the time it's done, who knows?"

Currently running windows7 64-bit wineq2.15 lite. v33 cursed imo
http://i.imgur.com/e4j0AdP.png

Please please please please help me. This shit is not going away and a fix is NEEDED.

wwoneo
09-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Having the same issue.

CrumbGuzz
09-27-2014, 03:38 PM
I have this same issue. When actually in the game, everything is fine, zones fine/runs fine, etc... but actually getting into the game takes 1-2 hours.

I tried all manner of changing the resolution settings and it doesn't appear to help. Also re-installed and have the same problem.

evilkorn
09-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Seems to happen mostly after switching accounts and characters a few times. I was trying to consolidate a few banks and had it happen then.

CrumbGuzz
09-28-2014, 01:37 AM
edit: try moving your eqclient.ini file and letting the game generate a new one, this seemed to help more.

wwoneo
10-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Tried it. Didn't work. Still getting same message error repeatedly. Seems to fix itself after I reboot my computer, but that means every time I want to login I have to reboot my computer....

wwoneo
10-02-2014, 05:30 PM
This error is ALMOST as bad as the 1017 error! Been trying to log on for the past 1hr 22mins.

Malevz
10-02-2014, 06:00 PM
I get this 90% of the time I camp to char select, never any other time. I actually got so annoyed with it I tried a fresh install in a new directory last night. Installed everything, moved around a few UI windows, set up hotkeys, and log and boom, still happened on a fresh install. Annoying as a mosquito bite on my ding dong.

Pane_AK
10-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Oddly. Switching characters seems to help the issue for me. Try logging in my main with about 5 crashes. Made a new toon logged in fine. Then camped out and my main worked just fine.

I've only had it happen to me twice now in about a month and a half here on the server. But both times I had about 5 consecutive crashes. Tried a different toon just fine and it cleared it up.

wwoneo
10-05-2014, 02:59 PM
I dont know if this is helpful, but this seems to help the situation:

When I get this error message, I log in on a different server (red) and it doesn't crash the game. Then, I relog onto blue server and it doesnt crash.

Ashintar
10-06-2014, 07:07 AM
I receive one, if not multiple, of these every day or two. It happens when I switch characters on the same account. You can always tell it is going to happen because the character's logging will stop, then on the next zone or camp the client will crash.

it seems that the frequency of these client crashes has increased a lot, I don't remember them being this often a year ago.

khandman
10-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Delete the eqclient.ini and then re-run the setup, where it lets you choose the gfx card and whether you want to use old/new models.

I found this helped when I experienced this 100% of the time on a second machine running windows 8.

Might help here.

KDM

wwoneo
10-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Delete the eqclient.ini and then re-run the setup, where it lets you choose the gfx card and whether you want to use old/new models.

I found this helped when I experienced this 100% of the time on a second machine running windows 8.

Might help here.

KDM

This does not work. I am still having the same problem and it can lock me out of the game for hours.

Hyperbase-1999
10-15-2014, 08:53 PM
I am currently looking at what is needed to run the EQ client efficiently as most of the information I have read so far is a bit off.

I run 64-bit win8 and get the same error.

As far as compatibility mode, the single big change I can find is setting the app to SingleProcAffinity.

I "think" WinXP compatibility mode does not have this set, but maybe Win98 does.

Currently testing various settings, want to get the HKLM to HKCU Redirect in to fix legacy directx issues.

Sure there are some other tweaks to make in regards compatibility.

bktroost
10-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Yup, this has been happening to me for EVER and has caused some serious issues when a mob spawns and is contested. Virtually impossible to lead a raid when this garbage is happening.

Snackies
10-21-2014, 12:53 AM
I used to get this all day long (either when logging in or zoning - it would be an insta-crash) but it seems to be mellowing out with my most recent round of changes. Here's my situation:

Win 7 SP1 (64-bit)
Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz x2
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
WinEQ 2.15 Lite
8 toons on one account that I frequently flip between - sometimes a second account with my other dudes

1) Putting the Everquest folder in the root of my C drive instead of Program Files (x86)
2) Set the compatability mode of EQGAME.EXE to Windows 2000 or XP
3) **Most recent change** set WinEQ "Play Nice" option to NO (the EQ debug seems to complain about memory reference areas in the same location every time, but local memory tests/other applications never get this - my thoughts are maybe WinEQ is trying to manage the memory usage and just sucks the big one)

When I do get this problem, I tend to chain-crash if I open up Everquest and try to log in again (after the 1018 problem goes away - a colossal pain in the dick when a dragon pull is underway 8[ ).

What I find HELPS is if I open up 3 or 4 more copies of Everquest from WinEQ and then log in under that most recent instance, leaving the others up on the login/welcome screen. 90% of the time I get in no problem after that (yes, it does sometimes crash again which makes me want to flip tables) and then I close the others down once I'm in game.

Give that a go and see if it improves.

Smedy
10-21-2014, 03:25 AM
I had this glitch when i initally installed windows 8.1 on my machine, but after completely redownloading and repatching eq it went away, can't say for sure what fixed it but i never have the issue anymore. I think it might have been related to the ui i was using cause that's really the only thing i changed other then reinstalling eq.

Samoht Farstrider
10-21-2014, 12:54 PM
This happens every time I log off. No issues when switching characters tho, only when I camp for the night.

Philipangoo
10-22-2014, 02:22 PM
I was getting this alot as well. I restarted my laptop and it fixed it but had me worried. Would get that message across multiple accounts and characters in different zones. Was weird.

khandman
10-24-2014, 03:01 AM
Is it a clean install of the Titanium edition of EQ you are using, or is it a copy of the EQ game folder from one machine and USB'd across to a Windows 8 machine?

IanelarAzure
11-01-2014, 09:58 PM
This happens every time I log off. No issues when switching characters tho, only when I camp for the night.

I get this on every camp and a few zone changes too. Running Win8.1 x64.

wwoneo
11-04-2014, 11:06 PM
I have tried fresh installing multiple times, I have tried every suggestion in this post and I have tried Duxa's All in One installer and I'm still having this problem.

mugien
11-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Yep, unable to log on at all tonight because of this error.

IanelarAzure
11-05-2014, 07:21 PM
Yep, unable to log on at all tonight because of this error.

I dont ever have issues getting in, but I still crash every camp out.

I did switch compat mode for eqgame.exe to Win98 and last night I didnt crash! Will be testing some more as I play over the next few days.

Smedy
11-06-2014, 04:51 AM
I had the issue where i crashed after camping out of game and i fixed it by replacing the default ui with the original luclin default ui that titanium comes with, ofcourse that fucks up all the icons and shit but then i load my own velious ui with the correct settings ontop of it and i've never crashed since

wwoneo
11-07-2014, 06:38 PM
^
I still have this issue, and I'm still trying new things to fix it, but have not had any success. If anyone knows how to fix please PM me.

wwoneo
11-11-2014, 06:34 PM
^ haven't found a fix yet for this error. I get it repeatedly everyday. It wastes about an hour of my time trying to log on.

Tankdan
11-11-2014, 10:28 PM
If you use Teamspeak 3 (or more importantly, Overwolf extension of TS3) its almost guaranteed to crash when you log out or swap accounts. It's not just an EQemu problem it just isnt supported with EQ.

Absolution
11-12-2014, 06:27 AM
If you use Teamspeak 3 (or more importantly, Overwolf extension of TS3) its almost guaranteed to crash when you log out or swap accounts. It's not just an EQemu problem it just isnt supported with EQ.

Make sense, since I use Teamspeak my crash rate is so high :(

wwoneo
11-12-2014, 08:55 PM

I seldom use teamspeak or ventrilo or any 3rd party comms programs and I still crash a lot on zoning, and I get the error mentioned in OP consistently when I try to enter the game.

K0ttDiledundee
11-13-2014, 11:40 AM
the answer to this question for win 7 64 bit was. run in compatibility mode win xp srv pak 3. problem immediately went away and no problem since.

wwoneo
11-13-2014, 01:53 PM
the answer to this question for win 7 64 bit was. run in compatibility mode win xp srv pak 3. problem immediately went away and no problem since.

Will test this when I get home from work. I tried running in compatibility mode, but not necessarily win xp srv pak 3, so will test when I get back! Thank you for your suggestion and I will let you know if it worked!

K0ttDiledundee
11-13-2014, 02:27 PM
Will test this when I get home from work. I tried running in compatibility mode, but not necessarily win xp srv pak 3, so will test when I get back! Thank you for your suggestion and I will let you know if it worked!

good luck man. i hope it works for you too.. although. no two computers were created equal. hope it works though

wwoneo
11-14-2014, 09:00 PM

I have the game running in compat mode win xp srv pak 3 and it still did not solve the problem. =(

mugien
11-16-2014, 10:59 PM
Getting pretty annyoing now.

Panna
11-17-2014, 12:15 AM
cant log in today i guess lol

IanelarAzure
11-17-2014, 09:36 AM
I dont ever have issues getting in, but I still crash every camp out.

I did switch compat mode for eqgame.exe to Win98 and last night I didnt crash! Will be testing some more as I play over the next few days.

This appears to have fixed it for me, compat mode set to Win98 and I havent had a single crash when zoning or camping since!

wwoneo
11-17-2014, 03:12 PM
This appears to have fixed it for me, compat mode set to Win98 and I havent had a single crash when zoning or camping since!

Will test when I get home from work.

IanelarAzure
11-17-2014, 03:57 PM
Will test when I get home from work.

Oh fair warning, your UI files and such get reset for some reason. The folder stays the same, but all mine reset when I changed the compat mode.

wwoneo
11-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Oh fair warning, your UI files and such get reset for some reason. The folder stays the same, but all mine reset when I changed the compat mode.

Tested this fix on different compatibility modes. Didn't work unfortunately. It didnt reset my UI files and such either. Anyone else have a fix for this?

kebas239
11-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Happening to me too. Client will work fine when I'm in game, but if I try to log in it will all of a sudden crash whenever I enter with a character. I tried 10 times one time that it happened, and it crashed every single time.

The only way I've found to fix it is to delete all of the .ini files and let EQ rebuild them. I do not know the cause of the issue, but the game immediately works after doing this. It's highly annoying because I will have to set up all my UI and general settings again. This is only a temporary fix which works for about a week and then it will happen again.

If anyone knows what causes this it would be immensely helpful!

Thanks!

kanras
12-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I was getting these types of crashes on camp or /q for a while and was able to reduce them by replacing the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml included in the distributed zip file with the original EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (http://pastebin.com/Zcwb50KR)

Natari
07-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Thanks Kanras - replacing EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml worked for my crashes while camping/switching char

scifo76
03-31-2019, 03:52 PM
Sorry for bumping, but I have had a few of these error messages lately. Did anyone find a solution?

Gondule
07-16-2022, 10:32 PM
Hate to Necro an old thread but this happening to me as well, every time I log into my main character I get an error prompt that tells me to send some sort of data to SOE or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated whether by random strangers or a Moderator.

Loiterius
07-16-2022, 11:52 PM
Hey! Have you been absent and are just returning? Or did this just happen since you last logged recently?

Gondule
07-17-2022, 02:29 AM
Hey! Have you been absent and are just returning? Or did this just happen since you last logged recently?

Been absent about a few weeks, I think I fixed it but basically I think I was hitting Enter World a little too soon. I waited about a minute before logging in and it let me on my toon. Although I’ve never had to do that before.

OfficeThug
07-17-2022, 01:52 PM
I am getting this almost 98% of the time whenever I camp out (I don't /q). There's a few cases where it doesn't happen and it's actually very surprising.

It then leads to Error 1018 if I try to get back into the server I camp-crashed out of to switch characters or log back in the same character. The error reads: You currently have an active character on that EverQuest Server, please allow a minute for synchronization and try again. This has been an issue on both Green and Blue. But I can always log back in after a minute or so.

I'm posting now here because I camped yesterday and the game crashed, and apparently my character didn't get logged out? Because now I get Error 1018 (a full 10 hours later) and can no longer log into Green. Usually it doesn't last this long...

Edit: Just tried to log into Blue, game crashed on logging in a character. I got Error 1018 on that one but it did go away after a minute or so and I was able to log in. Really wish I could fix this issue, it makes switching characters a living nightmare.

OfficeThug
07-17-2022, 02:42 PM
I am getting this almost 98% of the time whenever I camp out (I don't /q). There's a few cases where it doesn't happen and it's actually very surprising.

It then leads to Error 1018 if I try to get back into the server I camp-crashed out of to switch characters or log back in the same character. The error reads: You currently have an active character on that EverQuest Server, please allow a minute for synchronization and try again. This has been an issue on both Green and Blue. But I can always log back in after a minute or so.

I'm posting now here because I camped yesterday and the game crashed, and apparently my character didn't get logged out? Because now I get Error 1018 (a full 10 hours later) and can no longer log into Green. Usually it doesn't last this long...

Edit: Just tried to log into Blue, game crashed on logging in a character. I got Error 1018 on that one but it did go away after a minute or so and I was able to log in. Really wish I could fix this issue, it makes switching characters a living nightmare.

Edit 2: After a look around much older threads on the Error 1018 issue, I came across someone reporting restarting their PC fixed it. Sure enough, I did that and can get back into Green. Bizarre!

mcoy
07-17-2022, 03:08 PM
Edit 2: After a look around much older threads on the Error 1018 issue, I came across someone reporting restarting their PC fixed it. Sure enough, I did that and can get back into Green. Bizarre!

Sometimes when it crashes, eqgame.exe is still running - and keeping your character "connected". Kill that via task manager (or restart your computer).

For crashing on camping, that's usually fixed via xp sp2 (or sp3) compatibility mode on the same eqgame.exe process.

-Mcoy

emp82
08-31-2023, 12:15 AM
I was getting these types of crashes on camp or /q for a while and was able to reduce them by replacing the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml included in the distributed zip file with the original EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (http://pastebin.com/Zcwb50KR)

This worked for me. 100% success logging out or changing characters after 2 days worth of testing

Ghost_of_Fippy
09-04-2023, 07:30 AM
The client for the game is very unstable.

I crash out of the game to the login screen frequently while loading in a character or zoning. Then after a restart have to wait at the server select screen because my character is still in the game.

kempoguy80
09-05-2023, 07:06 PM
I have no idea what happened, but I was crashing from login screen and only after a complete re-install was I able to login.

elevation
09-07-2023, 05:04 PM
This worked for me. 100% success logging out or changing characters after 2 days worth of testing

For what it's worth, this also worked for me. No crashes since then.