PDA

View Full Version : Dmg question

Deldanko
07-17-2014, 02:46 PM
I have a lvl 30 Iksar SK, I know SKs are not dmg dealers but why does it seem monks with a similar 2h weapon do far more dps? they hit more often and for more dmg(so it seems). I grouped with a 24 monk when i was 29 we both had 30dmg 40del weapons and he would do far more dmg on giants in WW. We both should have the same skills (double attack, offense) Im just curious i know im missing something here. Thanks guys

Whirled
07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
Monks weapon skills, Offense, Double attack + all the other monkly slaps all have a higher max as opposed to SK could be a starting ground:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Monk
vs
http://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Knight

Deldanko
07-17-2014, 02:54 PM
well that makes sense. if their DA, offensive, and the rest are higher than mine even if they are lower in lvl. ive just been curious.

Shodo
07-17-2014, 02:55 PM
Your dps is based off of strength as well - if he had a lot more strength than you he would be hitting for more damage more often. If he was wearing a haste item and you were not, that would affect it as well. Or if a shaman/ench in the group was giving him a haste buff, but not you (a lot of times they'll only haste the "dps" classes to save mana).

Not sure if different classes have different formulas for calculating attack rating, but that might affect it as well.

Deldanko
07-17-2014, 03:01 PM
oh he was new. someone gave him a Baton Of Faith and the rest of his gear was not the greatest. Im sure i had more Str (im at around 145-150) and my gear is pretty decent. I was only starting to keep up in Damage when i swapped to my Ebon Mace. the misses were killing me.

Rhambuk
07-17-2014, 03:19 PM
he was also probably attacking from he rear.

youre getting hit, so you get stunned a lot and hitting from the front you get dodge,parry,riposte and he wont from the rear arc

Clark
07-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Your dps is based off of strength as well - if he had a lot more strength than you he would be hitting for more damage more often. If he was wearing a haste item and you were not, that would affect it as well. Or if a shaman/ench in the group was giving him a haste buff, but not you (a lot of times they'll only haste the "dps" classes to save mana).