PDA

View Full Version : dsetup.dll I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING

shizzle187747
07-16-2014, 09:44 PM
please help, im runnin an amd e1 proccessor 64 bit 4400 radeon.. ive tried everything the previous threads have suggested ive been at this for hours, i was able to log in once but after that cant, ive put the dsetup.dll file in eq folder system folder etc, im able to get to char selection screen but says my equpdate file is out of date go download current file, when i update the v33 i get the old eqgame.exe - system error program cant start because dsetup.dll is missing, but its not, i have loaded the v33 filepack which includes the file and it says its not their, i put it in my system folder as well, ive done this several times and have done this many times, please help im getting tired....

Thulack
07-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Think you have to renamed the dsetup file like DSetup.dll or something like that. It's case sensitive or thats what i remember seeing in another thread.

|3igHurb
07-16-2014, 11:36 PM
did u change ur hosts file to point to emu servers? dont install the dll to system folder

myriverse
07-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Make sure the file is wherever your P99 folder is and whitelist it (or the entire folder) from any antivirus/malware programs.

Make sure you have download EQFiles33.zip (latest patch) and unzipped it to your P99 folder, overwriting everything. If you're sure you've done this, then ignore the "update spell file" error (it lies).

shizzle187747
07-17-2014, 05:16 PM
herb im not quite sure what you mean change host file to point? ive done everything that the basic instructions told me to do, you mean the txt file? change it so i can see p99 servers? yes ive done that

shizzle187747
07-17-2014, 05:19 PM
myriverse i opened the p99 file and took the files from it and unpacked them into my eq folder

Tekay
07-17-2014, 05:24 PM
i was getting same problem on laptop. my Virus Scanner was stopping the file from running.

TL;DR turn off all virus scanners

GradnerLives
07-17-2014, 05:27 PM
i was getting same problem on laptop. my Virus Scanner was stopping the file from running.

TL;DR turn off all virus scanners

Might be safer to create an exception to the file, rather than turn them off altogether.

If you google search your antivirus program's name and then the phrase "create exception" or "ignore file" then you should be able to find a guide on making your antivirus ignore the dsetup.dll file.

Thulack
07-17-2014, 05:33 PM
check 2nd to last post in this thread.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157328&page=2&highlight=rename

Noticed it was for a linux machine but maybe renaming will help you aswell.

shizzle187747
07-17-2014, 06:54 PM
thanks for all the help, turned out my mcafee was deleting the file as soon as i unpacked it, it was tricky to make an ecception as soon as i unpacked it anywhere it would delete it, and if i shut it off it would grey out the button to make ecceptions, had to just have all the windows open and as soon as i unpacked in eq folder had to quickly select the file and hit ok on ecception list lol

myriverse
07-18-2014, 09:11 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157294

Tacitus
07-18-2014, 01:21 PM
had same problem, i turned my anti virus and then went to the p99 update folder and put the dll from there into my eq folder and its good again..you can also just put it in exceptions list instead of turning off your antivirus.

Rika
07-22-2014, 09:29 PM
I tried to do the steps mentioned. But Bullguard antivirus just quarantined the file every single time I ran EQ. Wouldn't let me restore it. When I renamed it, didn't make any difference, even when repatching. I ended up just getting a new antivirus and then doing it and adding an exception - I didn't like Bullguard anyway for other reasons.

Check your antivirus' real time scanner as well, and if you use Bullguard...get rid of it and use malwarebytes or Kaspersky or something. Dsetup.dll isn't the only false positive it comes up with. I even had issues with EQ Live and a couple other games with it.