PDA

View Full Version : Necros dot jpg

Potus
07-16-2014, 08:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yb4yCMq.png

Nirgon
07-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Ya you can barely resist direct damage spells and melees hit way too much/for very high end here... 2handers hit for end game Velious patch values... its a shame that necros can't have the mitigation to make their play style work well

Kergan
07-16-2014, 10:06 PM
I think somehow players like Thrilla, Nilear/Nalear, Lugoj, Zelnik would still do ok on a necro...just not like live. You saw one of those dudes on RZ you just ran the other direction because you were about to get your shit pushed in.

I dueled Nalear one time on my enchanter and was winning...he had never lost a duel. Then he dropped a few DoT heals on a spider or some shit in Feerott and healed to full and I conceded - nothing I could do. I couldn't even keep his mana low enough with drains to stop his spell casting with the heal DoTs, lich and a manastone.

The killshot thing will always be an issue though until DoTs track across zone lines and implement a plugging fix even if the resists are changed to make hard to resist spells a lot more desirable.

Pitborn
07-16-2014, 10:23 PM
If dots stuck for YT thru zoning/gating.. necro's would at least have a percentage represented .. i can't count how many kills ive lost to that.

Mac Drettj
07-17-2014, 01:20 AM
that would be so nice

derpcake
07-17-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm sure velious resist gear will improve this a lot. Necros get great spells in velious also.

Should prolly nerf fizzle rates & channeling, and buff raptor runspeed.

Also I remember in original, pets had to be handed an FBSS or they wouldn't double attack.

Gaffin 7.0
07-17-2014, 08:09 AM
cleric pvp 2% wtf

Kergan
07-17-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm sure velious resist gear will improve this a lot. Necros get great spells in velious also.

Should prolly nerf fizzle rates & channeling, and buff raptor runspeed.

Also I remember in original, pets had to be handed an FBSS or they wouldn't double attack.

If you look back through Alecta's post after he changed the current resist curve there is a mention of it going back to the old curve in Velious. So while yes the resists will improve, it will also take more to have the same relative resistance to spells. I think the goal is to have resists be about the same as now, for better or worse.

Live wasn't that fantastic either, you became basically immune to resistible spells with BiS resist gear. Need a happy medium honestly.

quido
07-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Bear in mind too that a lot of people don't have their class set.

derpcake
07-17-2014, 09:33 AM
If you look back through Alecta's post after he changed the current resist curve there is a mention of it going back to the old curve in Velious. So while yes the resists will improve, it will also take more to have the same relative resistance to spells. I think the goal is to have resists be about the same as now, for better or worse.

Live wasn't that fantastic either, you became basically immune to resistible spells with BiS resist gear. Need a happy medium honestly.

I just tried casting root on myself, with 72 MR.

I logged 251 casts of root, 3 hits, and 248 resists. (this was done in neriak, I have 30ish more casts which are not on parse due to log issue, none of those 30 were hits though). Log available upon request.

This is a 1.21% chance to land root, on an even con, with 72 MR.

Do you think that is an acceptable chance?

Genedin
07-17-2014, 09:41 AM
I resisted 4 lvl 60 enchanter nukes in a row on my 59 warrior sitting at exactly 80 MR. Too bad fire/cold doesnt work as well!

Zalaerian
07-17-2014, 10:05 AM
God I almost shoelaced myself over that

Mac Drettj
07-17-2014, 10:14 AM
80 mr to outright resist a mr nuke

300 fr to partial a fire nuke

sounds like dev was outsourced to third world country

Sheriff
07-17-2014, 10:24 AM

Lol

Genedin
07-17-2014, 10:46 AM

hahahah I wasn't going to call you out.

That does make me wonder about how much MR you actually need.

I still struggle with if even 100 FR/CR is worth losing the HP of other gear

Kergan
07-17-2014, 10:53 AM
MR is on a separate curve. Too many OP'd debilitating effects on MR, but I wish they'd separate root/snare/mez/stuns specifically and not hose the enchanter/cleric nukes at the same time. I guess the enchanter nukes have an interrupt component but still.

quido
07-17-2014, 10:55 AM
MR is on a separate curve. Too many OP'd debilitating effects on MR, but I wish they'd separate root/snare/mez/stuns specifically and not hose the enchanter/cleric nukes at the same time. I guess the enchanter nukes have an interrupt component but still.

They did to a certain degree - I believe root, snare, and blind are on their own scale.

Kergan
07-17-2014, 11:21 AM
Ah. Maybe the enchanter nuke falls under stuns because of the 0 second stun component?

Not_Kazowi
07-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Implement duck casting. Isn't it in on blue already?

Mac Drettj
07-17-2014, 11:42 AM
snare feels like a different curve than root

bard snare feels like a different curve than root/snare

mr nukes and stuns feels like a different curve then above mentioned mr abilities

third
world
country
out
sourced

Sheriff
07-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Necro is gimped compared to live. Why? How can a class go from dominate on live server to gimp on R99? Is that classic?

Bazia
07-17-2014, 12:11 PM
classic is being retarded and not carrying shaman cure pots and pumice

Kergan
07-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Classic is everyone carrying around better pumice and rechargeable golem wands in addition to cure pots actually.

Sheriff
07-17-2014, 01:58 PM
Classic is everyone carrying around better pumice and rechargeable golem wands in addition to cure pots actually.

True

HippoNipple
07-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Necro is gimped compared to live. Why? How can a class go from dominate on live server to gimp on R99? Is that classic?

It was mentioned on the first page. Melee hits way to hard and DD spells land to easily. Two big buffs that help every class besides shaman/necro.

Also people complain about the life drains. Not sure if they are right or not but people say the drains may have been reduced in damage for PvP but the healing component stayed the same. Also, do drains heal when they hit runes and did they on live?

Kergan
07-17-2014, 02:28 PM
It was mentioned on the first page. Melee hits way to hard and DD spells land to easily. Two big buffs that help every class besides shaman/necro.

Also people complain about the life drains. Not sure if they are right or not but people say the drains may have been reduced in damage for PvP but the healing component stayed the same. Also, do drains heal when they hit runes and did they on live?

Nirgon the expert but I'm pretty sure the heal did full amounts even though the damage was PVP modified. That change alone here would make necros a lot tougher. Don't think they ever healed when hitting a rune though.

HippoNipple
07-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Nirgon the expert but I'm pretty sure the heal did full amounts even though the damage was PVP modified. That change alone here would make necros a lot tougher. Don't think they ever healed when hitting a rune though.

Since they were overpowered on live getting the tap to at least heal like it should would be enough.

The issue with necros getting YT isn't going to be fixed unless DoTs cause YT regardless of zoning. This isn't a huge problem unless you care about the attention or player made leaderboards. For purposes of PvE and zone control they still do well.

Kergan
07-17-2014, 02:49 PM
Since they were overpowered on live getting the tap to at least heal like it should would be enough.

The issue with necros getting YT isn't going to be fixed unless DoTs cause YT regardless of zoning. This isn't a huge problem unless you care about the attention or player made leaderboards. For purposes of PvE and zone control they still do well.

I agree it doesn't matter if you're trying to take over a zone or win a mob, etc, but everyone likes to see their name in lights sometimes ya know? Playing a shaman its even worse, I can't even drop a trucidation occasionally for a KS.

Potus
07-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Lifetap DD never healed full amount ever. Always heals the damage dealt, so Deflux does 220.

There's a lot of reasons why Necros suck here. For starters pets are even worse than live (worse pathing, don't innately DW, dmg/health/pet levels are wrong). Most people you fight are smart enough to keep slots open for dispel. They have cure pots out the ass. This wasn't common on live until way later; you'll recall that Alchemy was bugged for at least a year after EQ came out.

The spell damage numbers for a couple of DoTs are wrong, too. Splurt is missing its last tick, which means a 51 Necromancer could kill a 47ish INT caster outright with Splurt (kind of moot, though, no one is going to let Splurt last more than a tick or two).

So that leaves basically Necros to lifetap to kill people. Sadly, melees are way too strong here, which is baffling because they were badass on live. You're not going to have enough mana to drain down a Monk with 3k hp, let alone live long enough to do it when they're outdamaging both Deflux and your heal over time DoT. Melee hit rate is absurd. Sadly, the developers want to nerf Channeling, so casters are going to get fucked even more.

Spell resists are just flatout fucking broken here. It's silly, Enchanters are pretty much hosed like Necros in that they cannot do damage.

Would love a right-click potion that negated Ice Comet or Harm Touch. DoTs are already shitty, they take forever to do their damage, they have the 2/3 damage reduction, and you can dispel/cure them. Oh, they also resist a lot. How is that even close to fair?

Kergan
07-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Necros get two left click abilities that negate ice comet and harm touch.

Need to call Professor Nirgon in on this, pretty sure necro taps healed for full even with reduced PVP damage.

Potus
07-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Nope, they never healed for full damage. I've heard this brought up multiple times and I've asked people to post screenshots or logs and no one can find it. Deflux always healed 220, always nuked 220.

And most people aren't dumb enough to blow a HT on harmshield, I wish they were.

Kergan
07-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Looks like the lifetap issue has already been addressed. I see Potus posted the same thing there and got shot down.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121289

Just need to fix the healing component now.

Kergan
07-17-2014, 03:49 PM
I've asked people to post screenshots or logs and no one can find it.

Can you post screenshots or logs showing it healing the PVP reduced amount?

Genedin
07-17-2014, 04:01 PM
I remember it healing dmg delt in classic but that is not very useful I know.

Kergan
07-17-2014, 04:32 PM
When was spell dmg nerfed to 66% or did RZ go live with it? Been so damn long I don't remember. Possible that everyone is right, as heal would have equaled dmg delt pre dmg nerf ya know?

raka
07-17-2014, 06:17 PM
True

Wts cure pots - 180 for 10X

Thrilla
07-17-2014, 07:32 PM
There is no proof on either side of the arguement about taps healing for full. PvP spell damage was not reported from the client side so you could never provide a screenshot of how much a necro healed for. That being said, I played a necro on live for 2 years during Kunark/Vel or close to that while I don't have proof the simple eye test tells me taps healed for full on RZ at least (not sure about SZ VZ) -- Kringe could probably speak to this as well.

I won't forget going toe to toe in Kael vs Xanthala and some other Ascending Dawn wiz, 2v1 opened with vex and spammed Deflux against 2 wizards full nuking me with lures somehow they both died and I stayed alive, just not possible if the heal was 220. Furthermore, melee's are more OP here than on live but a necro could probably kill most melees on live (monk, rog, war) by standing still and spamming deflux, again if it healed for 220 not possible

It won't get changed here, not betting on it anyway.. Necros played well can still be an annoyance but not a powerhouse like on live, just gotta take solace in playing one and that you're not one of the other 200 wizards on this server

heartbrand
07-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Necro has zero chance vs a warrior on p99 unless it involved the necro abusing terrain and the warrior standing there

Nirgon
07-17-2014, 08:28 PM
I remember it healing dmg delt in classic but that is not very useful I know.

Yaw cuz runes blocked it, and any damage that went through would heal for the amount done.

It's not full heal in pvp, its amount of dmg done.

The heal component of drains over time, should be full tho.

Pitborn
07-17-2014, 08:50 PM
There is no proof on either side of the arguement about taps healing for full. PvP spell damage was not reported from the client side so you could never provide a screenshot of how much a necro healed for. That being said, I played a necro on live for 2 years during Kunark/Vel or close to that while I don't have proof the simple eye test tells me taps healed for full on RZ at least (not sure about SZ VZ) -- Kringe could probably speak to this as well.

I won't forget going toe to toe in Kael vs Xanthala and some other Ascending Dawn wiz, 2v1 opened with vex and spammed Deflux against 2 wizards full nuking me with lures somehow they both died and I stayed alive, just not possible if the heal was 220. Furthermore, melee's are more OP here than on live but a necro could probably kill most melees on live (monk, rog, war) by standing still and spamming deflux, again if it healed for 220 not possible

It won't get changed here, not betting on it anyway.. Necros played well can still be an annoyance but not a powerhouse like on live, just gotta take solace in playing one and that you're not one of the other 200 wizards on this server

I would drain tank all but the best geared melee's back on VZ live without too much issues. Wish i wasnt so braindead now .. can't remember what taps healed for but im pretty sure it was full amount (or i don't see how i pulled that off all the time)

Clark
07-17-2014, 09:04 PM
?

Kergan
07-17-2014, 09:48 PM
From just a game play perspective it seems kinda weird for a tap to heal for more dmg then it does, that I will admit. Necro class needs some love next PVP patch though...pet fixes, resist curve should be tweaked in general, etc.

One thing said in this thread a couple times I also will agree with although I made a post sort of contrary to it earlier, people in general are more prepared here. I think that is a function of it being an emu of a 15 year old game though, if you played IPY or something for UO its the same deal - a high percentage of people here were decently hardcore back in the day and tended to be in the top 10% of the playerbase on live. You end up having a much higher saturation of people who know what they're doing.

A necro will absolutely shred someone unprepared and lacking the ability to cure/dispel properly. Or someone without resist gear investments into MR. Both of which I think appeared much more frequently on live then here. The mana regen and efficiency of spells coupled with the bottom 50% of players being pretty bad in general helped make them a powerhouse. A good necro could take out a full group of those bad players on live, just not enough of them here to prop up the class as much.

That being said, they were still much more beastly on live then here. Just simple things like giving daggers to your pet and having it hit for 19 delay, etc. The resists played a huge part too though, deflux matches up pretty favorable to a lure but when sunstrike and crap can do quadruple the damage pretty regularly of deflux the exchange is pretty one sided most the time. The strength of the necro has always been that they can do a lot of unresistable damage, have the most utility of any caster (FD, ability to self heal, harm shield, shadowstep, etc), and had a strong pet. Here the pet sucks for the most part and the unresistable damage thing is in large part mitigated by the fact all nuking classes can do significant damage even to targets with good resist gear.

Sorry for the TLDR.

Gaffin 7.0
07-17-2014, 10:02 PM
YALL NEED TO SEEK HELP

Eslade
07-17-2014, 11:01 PM
YALL NEED TO SEEK HELP

That's what they're doing.
Necros need your help.
For only pennies a day you can motivate devs to take a look at why Necros suck balls at pvp.

Pitborn
07-17-2014, 11:12 PM
Logging on my necro when i get home from work, and not logging off until i YT someone.

Potus
07-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Logging on my necro when i get home from work, and not logging off until i YT someone.

I think we need to form a group of 5 necros and just gang up on like one guy.

Gaffin 7.0
07-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Khop best necro, never saw many others pvp

HippoNipple
07-17-2014, 11:59 PM
From just a game play perspective it seems kinda weird for a tap to heal for more dmg then it does, that I will admit. Necro class needs some love next PVP patch though...pet fixes, resist curve should be tweaked in general, etc.

One thing said in this thread a couple times I also will agree with although I made a post sort of contrary to it earlier, people in general are more prepared here. I think that is a function of it being an emu of a 15 year old game though, if you played IPY or something for UO its the same deal - a high percentage of people here were decently hardcore back in the day and tended to be in the top 10% of the playerbase on live. You end up having a much higher saturation of people who know what they're doing.

A necro will absolutely shred someone unprepared and lacking the ability to cure/dispel properly. Or someone without resist gear investments into MR. Both of which I think appeared much more frequently on live then here. The mana regen and efficiency of spells coupled with the bottom 50% of players being pretty bad in general helped make them a powerhouse. A good necro could take out a full group of those bad players on live, just not enough of them here to prop up the class as much.

That being said, they were still much more beastly on live then here. Just simple things like giving daggers to your pet and having it hit for 19 delay, etc. The resists played a huge part too though, deflux matches up pretty favorable to a lure but when sunstrike and crap can do quadruple the damage pretty regularly of deflux the exchange is pretty one sided most the time. The strength of the necro has always been that they can do a lot of unresistable damage, have the most utility of any caster (FD, ability to self heal, harm shield, shadowstep, etc), and had a strong pet. Here the pet sucks for the most part and the unresistable damage thing is in large part mitigated by the fact all nuking classes can do significant damage even to targets with good resist gear.

Sorry for the TLDR.

It could very well just be the absurd melee dmg and lack of partials from nukes that is making everyone think necros heals or pets were better on live. DoT's and necro pets may just be one of the few things that don't have a boost to power on p99.

If a wizard is stuck with just using lures vs a necro:

Lure of Ice - 4.5 sec 550 max pvp dmg 330 mana

Deflux 220dmg/heal 3.0 sec casting 198 mana
+ pet
+ better utility

Now substitute the Lure of Ice with Sunstrike and you are doing over 1k dmg in 7 sec or 500 dmg in 3.0 seconds with a draught. It is just enough to where the necro can't keep up. Pretty much same thing with melee dmg being to high.

Katrasle
07-18-2014, 01:39 AM
Victory

http://i.imgur.com/Nwofzvi.png

Thrilla
07-18-2014, 10:18 AM
only thing salvaging necros right now is trucidation, you can still kill people with 740 unresistable tap cost an EE tho.. but i got 140!

Sheriff
07-18-2014, 10:31 AM
only thing salvaging necros right now is trucidation, you can still kill people with 740 unresistable tap cost an EE tho.. but i got 140!

That's enough to win a championship for season 2.

Kergan
07-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Now substitute the Lure of Ice with Sunstrike and you are doing over 1k dmg in 7 sec or 500 dmg in 3.0 seconds with a draught. It is just enough to where the necro can't keep up. Pretty much same thing with melee dmg being to high.

Yeah except if the wizard is epic you gotta drop about 4 defluxes before you even start healing yourself...by then you're dead. Even with the regular lvl 60 skin you have to cast 3 and you're likely dead before the 4th lands.

Kergan
07-18-2014, 11:44 AM

About to be 180ish, RIP Kergan.

Potus
07-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Victory

http://i.imgur.com/Nwofzvi.png

Haha Game of all people, first Necro to score YT in 3 months.

Kastro
07-18-2014, 10:17 PM
I was Corbon on RZ.. troll Sk played from Kunark to POP. I remember being very impressed with the Zeefers group HP and Mana heal.. the damage was .66 of 200.. think 133.. not to sure... but I remember being very happy it healed for 200hps... all the other direct taps healed for only actual damage. Made me think pallies had an advantage...

Kergan
07-18-2014, 10:24 PM
I was Corbon on RZ.. troll Sk played from Kunark to POP. I remember being very impressed with the Zeefers group HP and Mana heal.. the damage was .66 of 200.. think 133.. not to sure... but I remember being very happy it healed for 200hps... all the other direct taps healed for only actual damage. Made me think pallies had an advantage...

http://media2.giphy.com/media/C1ODiCUL8VO9O/giphy.gif