PDA

View Full Version : Raid Encounter Proposal to the Server

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Hi everyone. There was discussion in Nilbog's post in which I suggested a possible solution. I want to mention that this proposal can, if we want to, take in Nizzarr's suggestion for variance. I am trying to look at ways for all of us to reach an agreement and at the same time, account for people's ideas already presented.

I think to sum up both sides here. One side wants an element of competition, the other side wants to have access to raid encounters. I think this proposal marries the two together.

These numbers are suggestions. The purpose of this thread is to get specific and define how this would work. Here is the general flow. I will use three guilds right now as an example because as it looks right now, we have IB, Transcendence and Divinity as three guilds that will be wanting access to raid encounters.

For my example we have Guilds A, B, and C. Let's imagine that Nagafen has spawned. Guilds A, B, and C know this. They also know that per the rules, they must have a minimum of 20 players in the zone to claim the spawn. Guild A accomplishes this first, before B and C. As a result, Guild A has rights to the encounter. Guilds B and C must leave the zone and wait outside to avoid lag issues, trains, etc.

Guild A attempts Nagafen but fails. At that moment, Guilds B and C must have 20 people minimum and ready to go. Let's assume that Guilds B and C meet this requirement in Lavastorm. As such, they will then /random 0 100 to determine who will get to attempt. Let's say that Guild C wins the roll. They then get to attempt Nagafen and have a time limit of 30 minutes to engage. Should they fail, Guild B will then get to attempt with a time limit of 30 minutes to engage.

Let's do another example dealing with the Planes. Obviously the planes are a bigger concept than just killing a dragon. You have encounters in there as well as the trash mobs.

Plane of Fear is up and so is Cazic. The same rules apply but with a few exceptions. Let's say Guild B gets there first and meets the 20 minute limit in Feerott first. They then are allowed to lease the Plane for a certain set number of hours. Should these hours expire, the next guild who got 20 is allowed to come in. If there was a tie, guilds settle by a /random. I believe the time limit should consist of how much time it takes for the trash mobs to pop. Therefore, Guild B, in this example, has an 8 hour hold on Plane of Fear. If Guild B is successful in clearing the whole zone and kills Cazic, then the next guild will be able to take the next 8 hours to clear trash and so forth.

CHECKS AND BALANCES FOR CAMPING:

Obviously, a guild could get 20 members and decide to camp Nagafen/Vox/Fear Portal until the raid encounter spawns. 2 checks should be put into place to allow competition:

1. If Guild C camped all day long to get Nagafen and he spawned, then they would have the rights to the encounter. Once Nagafen does spawn, Guild C has a set time limit (let's discuss this) to do the encounter. If this time limit is not met, then the other Guilds may go dependent upon who got the other 20 members or by /random. This will prevent Guild C from camping all day and then taking forever to kill Nagafen.

2. If a guild camps a mob for longer than say, 6 hours (we can discuss this), then they forfeit their rights to the next spawn. So if Guild A camped Lady Vox for longer than 6 hours, they forfeit their rights to Lady Vox next week. This will allow guilds to do extended camps but will prevent them from doing this week to week on the same raid target.

Obviously this can work with the spawn variance and I am all for that if people want it. This will establish clear rules of engagement that any guild could follow.

Gideon
12-20-2009, 03:02 AM
lol, all this time and energy just to capitalize loot whoring on a 10 year old game. it must suck to be you.

Ektar
12-20-2009, 05:07 AM
you ever play chess? that's older.

Sadad
12-20-2009, 05:27 AM
This would just lead to people wasting more of their time camping raid mobs and would not likely produce a much different split of mobs than we currently have.

You have to understand that most people playing here have busy lives and can't just drop everything with their significant other/kids/work to kill 10-year old raid content. Furthermore, the ability to log on when told proves nothing about your "skills" as a gamer and doesn't really present any more challenge than knowing when you have to log on ahead of time and making room for it in your schedule. What we're doing now is attempting to beat raid content. What you want to do is beat us. Seems like you already did that, right, Godhammer? What else do you want?

-Shamwow

douglas1999
12-20-2009, 06:48 AM
lol, all this time and energy just to capitalize loot whoring on a 10 year old game. it must suck to be you.

Because clearly this would be completely valid and very meaningful debate if it were some modern gigantic nerdfest rpg

Hasbinbad
12-20-2009, 12:03 PM
They also know that per the rules, they must have a minimum of 20 players in the zone to claim the spawn.

I don't agree with this, because for IB taking 20 to nagafen is overkill. The first time we downed him, it was with 17, and we've gotten substantially better coordinated and much better gear since then.

We are not a Zerg, and we may not have 20 people on - but we can kill him with 2-3 groups no problem.

Hasbinbad
12-20-2009, 12:06 PM
They also know that per the rules, they must have a minimum of 20 players in the zone to claim the spawn.
.. .. ..
2. If a guild camps a mob for longer than say, 6 hours (we can discuss this), then they forfeit their rights to the next spawn.

Who would police this?

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't agree with this, because for IB taking 20 to nagafen is overkill. The first time we downed him, it was with 17, and we've gotten substantially better coordinated and much better gear since then.

We are not a Zerg, and we may not have 20 people on - but we can kill him with 2-3 groups no problem.

That's fine. My point wasn't to set a number as a concrete way of doing things. We just need to pick a reasonable number.

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Who would police this?

That's a good question. Maybe if a guild plans to do the camp, they should announce it to the other guilds. It's kind of like doing a camp check when you come in the zone. If no announcement, then no legit claim to the camp.

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 07:13 PM

Bingo.

Hasbinbad
12-20-2009, 08:06 PM
That's a good question. Maybe if a guild plans to do the camp, they should announce it to the other guilds. It's kind of like doing a camp check when you come in the zone. If no announcement, then no legit claim to the camp.

Who would police who announced when, and therefore enforce that announcement?

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Who would police who announced when, and therefore enforce that announcement?

Any policing needs to be done by the server just like camps are unless Nilbog wants to hire a GM totally dedicated to this (I doubt he would want to do that).

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 08:29 PM

I wasn't going to respond to this, but Bubbles in depth comment in response to this made me think otherwise.

It took me 15 minutes to type this up. I find it interesting that IB is the one making suggestions on this board. Instead of criticizing me and not my idea, why don't you help me find a solution. We are on a rotation system until we can solve this problem. The GMs do not want a rotation system to happen. Why don't you be a team player.

You too Bubbles. It doesn't have to be my idea, but at least I am willing to try to get something going here. I don't see Trans putting forth ideas.

Hasbinbad
12-20-2009, 11:01 PM
It doesn't have to be my idea, but at least I am willing to try to get something going here. I don't see Trans putting forth ideas.

Because they got exactly what they wanted.

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Exactly, yet we are the rigid ones, the jerks of the server who want to roll over everyone.

Um, IB has come out with basically three different systems and have been active in finding a solution. People may not like our systems or us individually, but you guys have to admit that we are at least coming to the table and extending our hands to reach a compromise.

Transcendence is not doing this.

If you guys do not like our ideas, then please post ideas of your own. Rotation, in its current form, is just not going to work out. The GMs do not want this.

Help be a part of the solution.