PDA

View Full Version : MQ2 with other servers = possible ban?

SCB
07-14-2014, 11:26 AM
First off: Tried searching "MQ2" and "MQ2 Bans" and related terms but couldn't find anything, though I'm sure this has been asked a lot. Read back a few pages as well, and couldn't find anything.

Can I use MQ2 with other EQEmu severs, specifically EZServer in this case, and not risk a ban here? I'm be using a totally separate copy of EQ (Underfoot) for EZserver, but I'm not sure how global MQ2 is as a program and I don't want to put my precious P99 characters at risk.

Sorry if this is the wrong board or if this is a frequent thread.

Thulack
07-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Aslong as you have MQ2 turned off when you log into p99 servers you should be fine. The second you forget to turn it off and log into P99 your gonna end up getting banned and not able to use "i was using it on another server and forgot excuse". So ask yourself is it worth the risk? I mean if you want to use MQ2 on a EZ server why not just play on a god server where you can be GM and do whatever you want?

SCB
07-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Aslong as you have MQ2 turned off when you log into p99 servers you should be fine. The second you forget to turn it off and log into P99 your gonna end up getting banned and not able to use "i was using it on another server and forgot excuse". So ask yourself is it worth the risk? I mean if you want to use MQ2 on a EZ server why not just play on a god server where you can be GM and do whatever you want?

I appreciate the answer. I'll definitely look into MQ2 more, as I know almost nothing about it, just had it recommended to me by a guy who saw me struggling with my bot army alt-tabbing. If it doesn't auto-run on startup it might be worthwhile because I can just reboot between EZ and P99 - not like I play a ton of EQ in general atm, so that's not a huge leap to make.

With regard to EZ, I don't want to sidetrack, but I play it because it's like Diablo and EQ had a baby, and that's fun for me. It's all about the custom content (and sometimes 1-grouping PoP raids that I miss from back in the day) for me. MQ2 doesn't seem to give any appreciable advantage on the server aside from making box-armies easier to manage.

talian21
07-29-2014, 05:06 PM
a lot of ppl were banned about 6 months ago, and many of them claimed the "I was just using it on ez server" and stayed banned. the program stays in memory, and when you log over to p99 from EZ or w/e, you just screwed yerself. reboot before coming to p99, or you'll get the banhammer.