PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 Memory Crash

thefuture04
07-14-2014, 07:22 AM
I've tried every single resolution i could possibly put in the #1 error(In the sticky post), but it's not exactly the same memory error. It's saying 0x02a845b4 referenced memory at 0x037cf09c. The memory could not be read. I've uninstalled and re-installed already. Not sure what else I can try. It was working fine before this weekend, but then I upgraded to Windows 8.1 (Maybe I shouldn't have). Does anyone have Win 8.1 and has this working for them?

khanable
07-14-2014, 07:37 AM
works fine for me

India
07-14-2014, 08:49 AM
I run on 8.1 and it's fine. I do run it in xp sp2 compatibility mode, if that helps

thefuture04
07-14-2014, 09:10 AM
What part do you run, the shortcut that you have to change with the "patchme" command in it, or the "Launch Titanium" batch file?

India
07-14-2014, 09:15 AM
What part do you run, the shortcut that you have to change with the "patchme" command in it, or the "Launch Titanium" batch file?

The shortcut with the patchme command

thefuture04
07-14-2014, 09:16 AM
I tried that as well, and it still gives that exact same memory error :(

India
07-14-2014, 09:18 AM
are you running as admin?

thefuture04
07-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Now that I think about it, I tried the "Launch Titanium" as admin, but not the shortcut. I'll give that a try when I get home and let you know. Thanks

thefuture04
07-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Ok not working when trying to troubleshoot eqclient.exe. It still gives the memory error when running as administrator, but then under troubleshooting it says I need to run everquest.exe. When I try to do THAT, it tries to patch and never connects. And yes, I made a shortcut of that one, with the patchme command after it in the properties. Running as admin or troubleshooting still brings it up as though it's trying to patch. Anyone else have any ideas for me to try?

Tasslehofp99
07-15-2014, 12:56 AM
Is your hostfile or whatever it is set to the project99 IP?

thefuture04
07-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Yes it is. It connects and shows all the servers. It only crashes out after it starts trying to load the character select screen.

India
07-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Ok not working when trying to troubleshoot eqclient.exe. It still gives the memory error when running as administrator, but then under troubleshooting it says I need to run everquest.exe. When I try to do THAT, it tries to patch and never connects. And yes, I made a shortcut of that one, with the patchme command after it in the properties. Running as admin or troubleshooting still brings it up as though it's trying to patch. Anyone else have any ideas for me to try?

Your shortcut needs to be of the eqgame.exe
not eqclient.exe and not everquest.exe

D:\Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme (your directory path may vary depending on where you're game is located)

thefuture04
07-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Your shortcut needs to be of the eqgame.exe
not eqclient.exe and not everquest.exe

D:\Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme (your directory path may vary depending on where you're game is located)

Ok giving that a try when I get home, and trying all the extra things (Run as admin/troubleshoot) on THAT shortcut if it doesn't just work either.

thefuture04
07-15-2014, 09:20 PM
Ok, Running as administrator and the exact same error happened. But then, I ran eqgame.exe and troubleshoot compatibility. Now, when I said that it worked in windows 7, it gives the error that I need to run everquest.exe. I ignore it and continue through with the settings for it to be on windows 7 compat anyway. I launch the game afterwards, and POOF it works. So I'm working again, though the group I was leveling with is now way past me and now will be very hard for me to get a group... So all of this might have been for naught, but at least it works now. Thanks everyone for the help.

India
07-15-2014, 10:03 PM
glad you are up and running :)