PDA

View Full Version : Spell list is outdated blahblah

lantus
07-14-2014, 03:04 AM
I've re-installed EQ now 6 times and I still can't defeat the spell list outdated boss. Anyone know of some really obscure tips? I have V33 files, fresh install, correct directories, moved each file separately, and still nothing. I think I may have lost this battle, I have no idea what else I can do. I'm about to ask God for some advice but I think he plays World of Warcraft so he might not be much help.

India
07-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Were you able to play prior to the latest patch?

myriverse
07-14-2014, 09:08 AM
I always ignore that bloody error, even on the days that I get it half-a-dozen times.

lantus
07-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Well, after sleeping on it everything is working fine now. I still have no idea what was causing the issue but it looks like it solved itself. Life is full of surprises I guess.

India
07-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Yay!!!

dmorawski
07-15-2014, 11:33 AM
Glad your problem was magically solved. Out of curiosity, and in case the problem comes back, what OS are you running p99 in? On Linux, I had a problem with case sensitivity of filenames. Specifically, when I put the new dsetup.dll file into my p99 directory, it didn't overwrite the original DSETUP.DLL file. Until I fixed this, I was getting the spells outdated message.