PDA

View Full Version : Download won't finish

brentwoodbam
07-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Hey guys,

I am trying to help my father download and get P99 set up on a new pc he is using. The problem we are having is the fact that the download will not finish. I am using a clean download from a google drive that my friend made that we have confirmed works prior. The download finishes all 3.6 GB's but it will not finish, just says pause/cancel at the end.

Any ideas?

Thulack
07-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Hit pause. then hit resume download. If it doesnt finish sounds like something wrong with the google drive perhaps? maybe try uploading to dropbox or something?

brentwoodbam
07-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Tried that and confirmed the google drive download is fine. So unsure

Thulack
07-12-2014, 05:58 PM
The sounds like your browser isnt finishing the download. maybe reinstall whatever broswer you using? It's nothing game related so maybe google "(internet browser) not finishing download" or something to that extent.

phacemeltar
07-12-2014, 06:26 PM
always use chrome with google sites.. i have noticed that firefox just does not cut it.

probably an intentional part of google's business plan

brentwoodbam
07-12-2014, 07:17 PM
Pfft yea been using chrome. No idea on a fix?

Laugher
07-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Theres an application you can download for the gdrive to sync directly to your system, I put it on mine

although if you have other things on there they might end up on the comp its on hehe.

http://www.google.com/drive/download/

otherwise I'm not too sure, I found that I have issues with delays between uploads from my comp and their availability elsewhere if I'm not syncing directly from the app on the comp.

lantus
07-14-2014, 01:06 AM
Having the same issue here, I even uninstalled Chrome and re-installed it. I've used IE and Firefox and it fails for both of them as well. I'll try and figure something else out.

brentwoodbam
07-14-2014, 02:28 AM
I actually took the advice of trying to download via IE and it worked. Hooray