PDA

View Full Version : Serious Threads : Pros of Variance

lite
07-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Random fights sparking throughout the week

All action is not restricted to a few hours per week

Fights will take place in more than just 2 zones

People will have to park their characters all over the World, not just KC and VP

One guild will not always have its max zerg numbers for every target

Opportunity for smaller guilds to place strong emphases on targets that interest them.

World bosses not so easily monopolized.

(not a troll, these are legit points from someone who has first hand experience in how variance makes EQ better.
http://s17.postimg.org/4xwc0j7lr/Untitled_2.jpg

|3igHurb
07-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Totally random spawns would work better. For everything.

HippoNipple
07-10-2014, 03:46 PM

http://i.giftrunk.com/bfmwj0.gif

Mac Drettj
07-10-2014, 03:49 PM
Lite only wants variance so he can 5 box and kill uncontested mobs with 3 warm bodies

Move 2 resolved

lite
07-10-2014, 03:53 PM
http://i.giftrunk.com/bfmwj0.gif

More action than red generally gets to see... Fact, reference HB post for explanation.

lolin
07-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Fact: variance is a way for blue guilds to compete since no PvP

Fact: this is a pvp server

HippoNipple
07-10-2014, 04:05 PM
More action than red generally gets to see... Fact, reference HB post for explanation.

Yeah I logged in last night for 15 minutes. One cleric sitting in KC I could attack but he was unguilded and I didn't feel like being a dick. He could have easily zoned/plugged anyways. Went to CoM and one player there out of range. Fun times.

lite
07-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Yeah I logged in last night for 15 minutes. One cleric sitting in KC I could attack but he was unguilded and I didn't feel like being a dick. He could have easily zoned/plugged anyways. Went to CoM and one player there out of range. Fun times.

so support variance, you fucking pendejo. Don't be ignorant, ese! There could been a few Azrael nigs to attack patrolling for severilous!
There are so many people that want to play and would be available for PVP all the time, since that is what they desire above all. However, as Checkraise's post clearly explains this server only accommodates to the mass recruit model.

HippoNipple
07-10-2014, 04:23 PM
so support variance, you fucking pendejo. Don't be ignorant, ese! There could been a few Azrael nigs to attack patrolling for severilous !

I have always supported variance even though I would never see any content if it was put in. I think all open world content in MMORPGs should be random.

lite
07-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I have always supported variance even though I would never see any content if it was put in. I think all open world content in MMORPGs should be random.

Fighting for the boss itself is a bonus, increasing people's motives for being available for PVP is what its all about. Tons of people just looking for a reason that simply isn't presently there.

Elderan
07-10-2014, 04:44 PM

People will have to park their characters all over the World, not just KC and VP

Opportunity for smaller guilds to place strong emphases on targets that interest them.

(not a troll, these are legit points from someone who has first hand experience in how variance makes EQ better.

Sim repops and random server resets have proven that random pops DO NOT RESULT IN MORE PVP and in fact result in LESS PVP.

I don't know how more clear the data can be.

Here is the time, bring your best I will bring my best and may the best guild win. That is what eq is all about son.

mostbitter
07-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Sim repops and random server resets have proven that random pops DO NOT RESULT IN MORE PVP and in fact result in LESS PVP.

I don't know how more clear the data can be.

Here is the time, bring your best I will bring my best and may the best guild win. That is what eq is all about son.

lite
07-10-2014, 04:55 PM
variance gives u a period of expectation of a few hours during which to PVP ... When Sim repops originally came out and were being triggered the amount of KC PVP was unreal, you can't be serious. Variance would multiply that by 8 zones...

You are not even trying.

HippoNipple
07-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Fighting for the boss itself is a bonus, increasing people's motives for being available for PVP is what its all about. Tons of people just looking for a reason that simply isn't presently there.

I don't think much fighting for the boss will happen. As people always say against variance the option to fight for bosses is easier without variance. I do think it helps people who play consistently though, not just during times of static repops.

A group might be able to snipe a target quick before the "zerg" gets there but I still don't see PvP happening over bosses. More likely the small group will be racing to snipe a target and gate before getting destroyed by the bigger guild.

Maybe some skirmishes over the right to scout an area during the week and hopefully it would get people logging in more during off times.

More than anything it just makes more sense for bosses to be random rather than static spawns in a mmorpg. This content is so old and having everything calculated down to the second is boring.

iiNGloriouS
07-10-2014, 04:59 PM
I can't trust anything a 6x felon says.

Mac Drettj
07-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Fact: variance is a way for blue guilds to compete since no PvP

Fact: this is a pvp server

Not 2 hard 2 grasp

Gaffin 7.0
07-10-2014, 05:12 PM
didnt read

lite
07-10-2014, 05:49 PM
I don't think much fighting for the boss will happen. As people always say against variance the option to fight for bosses is easier without variance. I do think it helps people who play consistently though, not just during times of static repops.

A group might be able to snipe a target quick before the "zerg" gets there but I still don't see PvP happening over bosses. More likely the small group will be racing to snipe a target and gate before getting destroyed by the bigger guild.

Maybe some skirmishes over the right to scout an area during the week and hopefully it would get people logging in more during off times.

More than anything it just makes more sense for bosses to be random rather than static spawns in a mmorpg. This content is so old and having everything calculated down to the second is boring.

more pvp, more players, more players more guilds

pgerman
07-12-2014, 04:01 PM
fat kids hiding behind 10v2 odds scared, they know what happens when the numbers/levels even out.

They lose.

Ksah only member in nilly that actually poses a threat. Every other member is a warm body and depends on massive numbers/ gear advantage. Been proven over and over on this server.

Must achieve 10 to one odds, and 3 year loot farming advantage before letting any sort of decent group pvp on server take place again.

Mac Drettj
07-12-2014, 04:07 PM
fat kids hiding behind 10v2 odds scared, they know what happens when the numbers/levels even out.

They lose.

Ksah only member in nilly that actually poses a threat. Every other member is a warm body and depends on massive numbers/ gear advantage. Been proven over and over on this server.

Must achieve 10 to one odds, and 3 year loot farming advantage before letting any sort of decent group pvp on server take place again.

this looks angry

havnt read tho

pgerman
07-12-2014, 04:13 PM
over 1000 posts since may

yea you didn't read it.

Bazia
07-12-2014, 04:49 PM
eq all about mobs popping at a time when 70% of the server cannot show up because they have normal employment hours

Tradesonred
07-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Not that i care one way or another

But one big pro of variance getting implemented is Lite not shitting up the forums with these threads anymore

Gustoo
07-12-2014, 11:16 PM
I don't care

But simulated patch days (repop) that are spaced out roughly the same way patches were on live (same time span between repops) would be classic and is a great idea.

I think in between the simulated patch days, the mobs should spawn on the same timers that they spawned on classic.

R Flair
07-13-2014, 01:10 AM
another one of these threads about a topic that has no place on a pvp server

didnt read

mrproudbeard
07-13-2014, 01:28 AM
I'm sure THIS is the thread that's gonna change the gms minds

Jib
07-24-2014, 11:31 AM

http://s17.postimg.org/4xwc0j7lr/Untitled_2.jpg

some really good points here

Kergan
07-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Another bad try, your FQ prowess decreasing every day.

HB stated clearly why he was pro-variance, it was a pure F Nihilum move having nothing to do with server health.

Which is the exact same reason you want it.

Jib
07-24-2014, 12:09 PM

They lose.

heh ksah nothing special, enchanters are op

Kergan
07-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Yes, monk is a very underpowered class so I could see how an ench would appear OP'd to you.

Zalaerian
07-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Enchanters not op. I'm just op with any class I touch. Plz edit your post

Jib
07-24-2014, 12:18 PM
variance gives u a period of expectation of a few hours during which to PVP ... When Sim repops originally came out and were being triggered the amount of KC PVP was unreal, you can't be serious. Variance would multiply that by 8 zones...

You are not even trying.

sim repops bad for server imo, variance is the only way to go

less loot
more pvp
longer healthier server

Jib
07-24-2014, 02:43 PM

Stasis01
07-24-2014, 02:45 PM
The problem of people not playing all week, then 50 showing up to kill all targets back to back with the safety of numbers is....

IT'S FUCKING BORING AND EMPTY 90% OF THE TIME.

Off to work l8er.