PDA

View Full Version : Older Player Returning!!

weirdguy508
07-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Looking for a new home. Live is just not the same for me anymore, and I have to get my EverCrack somewhere. My main in classic was a ranger. First toon I made (I know bad choice for a first toon) and regretted it, but I learned a lot. Eventually I moved on to my bard. That is when I feel in love. Was thinking about starting one here, but it seems there is just a lot of hate towards bards, and that is kind of pushing me away from them. So was thinking of rolling a chanter. Never played one, except for a box, but that was mostly a buffer and occasional CC when I couldn't split. Any who still can't decide was hoping for a little nudge in a direction. But if anyone from Cazic remembers Swifwind or Swordsong let me know. :D

JRW928
07-09-2014, 03:17 PM
I played a bard on the Live servers as well and really love the class. I'm only a level 5 bard on P1999, but so far it's just as fun as I remember. I don't know how hated or loved they are at higher levels, but right now I'm getting groups left and right. I say do what you love. If you play a class you don't like just so you can get groups, then you'll burn out and quit playing, so why bother settling for second best.

Fiyero
07-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Looking for a new home. Live is just not the same for me anymore, and I have to get my EverCrack somewhere. My main in classic was a ranger. First toon I made (I know bad choice for a first toon) and regretted it, but I learned a lot. Eventually I moved on to my bard. That is when I feel in love. Was thinking about starting one here, but it seems there is just a lot of hate towards bards, and that is kind of pushing me away from them. So was thinking of rolling a chanter. Never played one, except for a box, but that was mostly a buffer and occasional CC when I couldn't split. Any who still can't decide was hoping for a little nudge in a direction. But if anyone from Cazic remembers Swifwind or Swordsong let me know. :D

The main hate towards Bards is those who monopolize entire zones (like Overthere) with AE kiting. Group wise, people seem to love bards. Their only group downside is their hefty XP penalty, which can turn people off from inviting (but same goes for other hybrids).

Enchanter is one of the most popular classes here. Pretty much nothing you can't do solo/group wise. Raids, they seem to be buff bots which is disappointing. You will do a lot of charming as an enchanter, so decide if that's something that you enjoy.

Destron
07-09-2014, 04:53 PM
The only people who hate bards are people who don't understand bards. Embrace the darkness.

Glenzig
07-09-2014, 07:42 PM
The only people who hate bards are people who don't understand bards. Embrace the darkness.

Boxten 2.0
07-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Play what you want and have fun. Welcome to the server!

weirdguy508
07-10-2014, 01:15 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I did make a chanter, just to get a small feel for it, and I think I will just save that for an alt. So I guess bard it is. Name is Swordsong, hit me up sometime.

why bother settling for second best.

Very very true.

The main hate towards Bards is those who monopolize entire zones (like Overthere) with AE kiting. Group wise, people seem to love bards.

Was never much for AE kiting. And never an entire zone, thats just not me. Was always more of the group bard. Love to group. Now I would charm kite that. That is fun shit haha.

Their only group downside is their hefty XP penalty, which can turn people off from inviting (but same goes for other hybrids)

That gets removed when Vel rolls out right????? Don't remember.

I can feel the darkness calling and I can no longer fight it. Only one option left, I must embrace it. So embrace it I shall.

Play what you want and have fun. Welcome to the server!

Thank you, hope to see you in-game sometime.

tanknspank
07-10-2014, 12:42 PM

And people dealing with the shortage of mobs when a bard moves into the area with their kiting.

JRW928
07-10-2014, 01:47 PM
And people dealing with the shortage of mobs when a bard moves into the area with their kiting.

I'm a bard and even I get annoyed when bards come into zones and kite everything. They're like black holes sucking up all the mobs.

Destron
07-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Jealousy breeds great hate. Embrace the darkness I say.

Dragonsblood1987
07-11-2014, 09:12 PM

join date 2010.

wat

weirdguy508
07-12-2014, 03:34 AM
join date 2010.

wat

LOL just because one has join the forums does not mean they have been playing since then. Have been on and off of P99 for awhile, would play a bit get fed up with something and go back to live, but here recently live is just not making me happy and not wanting to stay on. Unless I am boxing on live, its just been boring, especially during my normal play times.

tanknspank
07-12-2014, 04:48 PM
I joined 2010 (was there some big advertising about P99 in 2010?), played to like level 5 but didn't really get into P99 till a couple months ago.

Xer0
07-12-2014, 05:05 PM
it seems there is just a lot of hate towards bards

bards are great as long as they aren't assholes. By that I mean running into a largely populated zone good for kiting (oasis for example) and taking literally every mob away from groups that had already been established. On blue the xp grind breaks everyone and most people opt to solo where they can effectively. And with bards being arguably the most effective at soloing, most bards just solo, which is a shame because I love having them in groups.

and welcome to p99, have fun!