PDA

View Full Version : An effort to make the pvp server more fun for everybody

Jib
07-08-2014, 08:37 AM
Average <Hokuten> raid is 30-40 people from 5pm-11pm EST. This morning for server repops we had 4 people.

Variance would allow normal people to have a chance at raid mob repops times. there are more normal people than neckbeards in the community.

Introducing Variance would almost triple the server population, and I would take so many of those new recruits and give them a healthy non griefing home. Not only that but a few more guilds would pop up because of the more even playing field.

Lets make this happen staff, 72 hour variance on 7 days spawns, 24 hour variance on 3 day spawns, 8 hour variance on 1 day spawns, and 2 hour variance on 8 hour repops.

http://puu.sh/a21MR/6158d5e779.jpg

Elderan
07-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Average <Hokuten> raid is 30-40 people from 5pm-11pm EST. This morning for server repops we had 4 people.

Variance would allow normal people to have a chance at raid mob repops times. there are more normal people than neckbeards in the community.

Introducing Variance would almost triple the server population, and I would take so many of those new recruits and give them a healthy non griefing home. Not only that but a few more guilds would pop up because of the more even playing field.

Lets make this happen staff, 72 hour variance on 7 days spawns, 24 hour variance on 3 day spawns, 8 hour variance on 1 day spawns, and 2 hour variance on 8 hour repops.

Repops were SAT from 4pm to 10pm for 4 months....

Cry more.

Mac Drettj
07-08-2014, 08:45 AM
op upset he logged into TD hoping to find a free dragon

R Flair
07-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Need translocaters too, they would definitely quadruple the pop

LostCause
dragons only exist on this server for 30 seconds.

Elderan
Trakanon is 9pm every 3 days..

Bring your people since you say thats their play time.

Nocsucow
07-08-2014, 08:47 AM
thats not true for gore .... my blue ass has died 5 times because i hit that tunnel exit on autorun and tab out ... tab back and i died to gore

GORE 5 - My char 0

Sweetbaby Jesus
07-08-2014, 08:47 AM
If you can't log on more than 4 players when you know what time stuff is what in the world makes you think variance will make things better for you. May as well call it what it is, you want variance to punish Nihilum, you aren't going to contest either way.

Tassador
07-08-2014, 08:48 AM
At least the dude trying to bad it's skywalker in a t facing Death Star status.

bigeasy
07-08-2014, 08:49 AM
must be why on sim repops they go for the mobs nihilum doesn't go for,, its for the pvp tho!!

Mac Drettj
07-08-2014, 09:02 AM
I PLAY ONCE A WEEK

Terpuntine
07-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Need translocaters too, they would definitely quadruple the pop

Gaffin 7.0
07-08-2014, 09:35 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/f54c84023f5cd2d138381f410bf03711/tumblr_n4898z5lbK1tv7yt8o1_400.gif

Bidin
07-08-2014, 09:38 AM
I think adding the bazaar would be fun for everyone, lets do that too.

heartbrand
07-08-2014, 09:49 AM
I agree on bazaar

Kergan
07-08-2014, 09:57 AM
+1 on bazaar, need to sell a lot of things.

No need for variance with simulated repops. Variance would actually hurt the population quite a bit, any place it's been implemented people have hated it.

Bazia
07-08-2014, 11:26 AM
Variance would be nice for the off chance a mob could pop at a time where people with normal employment hours could participate.

Jib
07-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Variance would be nice for the off chance a mob could pop at a time people when people with normal employment hours could participate.

yeah even besides that fact, would be cool to be just raiding fear casually and all the sudden ct pops!

shit would feel so classic

Kergan
07-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Variance not classic.

Also, that's just a real good way to get your Fear clear wiped.

no chewie dont
07-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Not sure what red's average player needs more: variance or employment

Jib
07-08-2014, 11:56 AM

lol'd

billpaleq
07-08-2014, 11:59 AM
So the argument is keep it how it is so Nihilium or the next top guild can keep server dominance or put in variance that will give another guild(s) a slightly better chance to grab a high end raid target?

Jib
07-08-2014, 12:01 PM
variance = even playing field, lots more pvp, lots more population, lots more casual players 300-600 pop

no variance = stale server. no pvp. 1 dominant zerg guild. shitty server. 50-150 pop

Gaffin 7.0
07-08-2014, 12:15 PM
variance or simulated repops which is it you want? imo variance is retarded and only makes things worse

heartbrand
07-08-2014, 12:16 PM
gr8 thread I see this one going places 4 sure

Jib
07-08-2014, 12:20 PM
would love to schedule a raid a day in advance expecting a boring hate clear, we port up and inny is up!

would make people come to raids even when they dont need stuff from the general trash, because there is a chance for a variance pop.

would get so much + pop for variance on the server!

derpcake
07-08-2014, 12:21 PM

I guess you are a funny guy after all.

Kergan
07-08-2014, 12:21 PM
variance = even playing field, lots more pvp, lots more population, lots more casual players 300-600 pop

no variance = stale server. no pvp. 1 dominant zerg guild. shitty server. 50-150 pop

200+ pop in primetime now. If you can get 400 people to reply to this post saying they'd play consistently if we added variance I'll change my stance. Until then you're just making up random numbers based on false assumptions.

Gaffin 7.0
07-08-2014, 12:23 PM
variance made blue 100 times worse, why do you think it would work here?

people still arent going to log on, this is just false hope and pity

Jib
07-08-2014, 12:23 PM
200+ pop in primetime now. If you can get 400 people to reply to this post saying they'd play consistently if we added variance I'll change my stance. Until then you're just making up random numbers based on false assumptions.

you need a new alias that you can pretend to be a new person again. I already know you agree with everything i say

Pikrib
07-08-2014, 12:28 PM

employment

Elderan
07-08-2014, 01:34 PM
would love to schedule a raid a day in advance expecting a boring hate clear, we port up and inny is up!

LOL if you think this is how variance works.

Feniggles
07-08-2014, 01:38 PM

MOAR MERBS

Kergan
07-08-2014, 02:01 PM
you need a new alias that you can pretend to be a new person again. I already know you agree with everything i say

That implies I've had another alias at some point. Also if I agreed with you I'd support your opinion, as I did with some of the other ideas people on the opposing side have posted. In fact I've been reprimanded on more than one occasion for not toeing the company line close enough.

TLDR Version: Bad troll is bad.

Kergan
07-08-2014, 02:03 PM

would make people come to raids even when they dont need stuff from the general trash, because there is a chance for a variance pop.

would get so much + pop for variance on the server!

It would be a shame that your startup guild would have to constantly get run out of any zone with a raid mob by the dominant zerg trying to make sure they get the raid loot they require for sustenance. Population would plummet.

Colgate
07-08-2014, 02:08 PM
variance would bring MINIMUM 700 more players daily

fact

Rystar
07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Variance would do nothing as the guild with the biggest neckbeard will still get all the mobs.
If you actually want some of the raid targets start growing your beard and log on when they pop. No way variance will somehow get your people to log in for MORE hours to watch for the mob and even if you somehow did get them to log in to scout and find the mob up hours later, you would still get steamrolled before you could even get enough people on to contest for the mob.

Variance would do absolutely nothing for your cause but force Nihi to have more scouts online.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 02:29 PM
oh look, the guy that never pvps and logs in once a week for zerg pixels doesn't want variance.

Rystar
07-08-2014, 02:32 PM
If I could just log in weekly I would probably be a better person, alas for the addictions we face in life~

mikemandella
07-08-2014, 02:53 PM
Variance would do nothing as the guild with the biggest neckbeard will still get all the mobs.
If you actually want some of the raid targets start growing your beard and log on when they pop. No way variance will somehow get your people to log in for MORE hours to watch for the mob and even if you somehow did get them to log in to scout and find the mob up hours later, you would still get steamrolled before you could even get enough people on to contest for the mob.

Variance would do absolutely nothing for your cause but force Nihi to have more scouts online.

Probably no point in asking this... but how will you "scout" for mobs with PVP happening?

Rystar
07-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Probably no point in asking this... but how will you "scout" for mobs with PVP happening?

Not sure if your serious or not with this question but I guess I will bite the bait. With the 4 lv range its very easy to put an oor character in the scout. Even if a zone like VP, both Nihi and Azrael have toons placed in the zone specifically to scout.

I also don't know what you mean by PvP, if you are talking about Hokuten PvPing Nihi scouts out of zones that is just laughable. If anyone would be PvPed out of the zones it would be Hokuten and again that would make variance a waste of effort as the mobs will still go to Nihi.

Uuruk
07-08-2014, 03:59 PM
The problem is Jib you are a leveling guild not a raiding guild. You have so much dead weight in your guild that is trash. I've wanted to gouge my eyes out playing with some Hokuten lately.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 04:03 PM
Not sure if your serious or not with this question but I guess I will bite the bait. With the 4 lv range its very easy to put an oor character in the scout. Even if a zone like VP, both Nihi and Azrael have toons placed in the zone specifically to scout.

I also don't know what you mean by PvP, if you are talking about Hokuten PvPing Nihi scouts out of zones that is just laughable. If anyone would be PvPed out of the zones it would be Hokuten and again that would make variance a waste of effort as the mobs will still go to Nihi.

Gotta love listening to players who have never led anything try and explain to people how situations would play out, and what they would do, and how its a bulletproof plan. You are an assister ... don't be offended by that, it's what your guild is mainly composed of, and that's fine. You will never be a shot caller, noone will ever request your opinion when there is a problem. I am not trying to offend you, but you need to know your place. You don't have the perspective to comment on this. I know you probably feel all accomplished when you reply to variance threads thinking, I will just do this, check mate ! it's laughable to those that actually have some level of leading and critical thinking experience, your role in this server presently requires none.

Not Salem
07-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Nilly holding a lot of deadweight too to be honest, literally walked from the balcony to Phara Dar's room beside Elderan, then stood with Hellenkleler, Battle, Cooler while golem wanding Nizze

heartbrand
07-08-2014, 04:19 PM
1) variance dum
2) rogean doesnt give a fuck so this whole thread and the other 17 threads on it are pointless
3) rogean doesnt give a fuck
4) lol 3 years of kunark

Mac Drettj
07-08-2014, 04:27 PM
I consider Nihilum vs Azrael similar to today's Germany vs Brazil game

feelers?

LulzSect
07-08-2014, 04:56 PM
pretty sure germany is going to bang a lot of chicks tonight

not sure how you can consider nilly germany considering you're all obese beta neckbeards which only view vaginas via screens

Kergan
07-08-2014, 05:01 PM
Gotta love listening to players who have never led anything try and explain to people how situations would play out, and what they would do, and how its a bulletproof plan. You are an assister ... don't be offended by that, it's what your guild is mainly composed of, and that's fine. You will never be a shot caller, noone will ever request your opinion when there is a problem. I am not trying to offend you, but you need to know your place. You don't have the perspective to comment on this. I know you probably feel all accomplished when you reply to variance threads thinking, I will just do this, check mate ! it's laughable to those that actually have some level of leading and critical thinking experience, your role in this server presently requires none.

Everything you've ever lead on this server has failed and you think that somehow makes your opinion qualified? Don't pretend to know everyone on this box and their history when it comes to EQ, or life. It's funny how in the same blurb you discard his opinion you state that the majority of people are just like him. But that's your problem, you want staff to hard code rules in to help your mathematically insignificant group of pals at the expense of everyone else. There is a reason it's you and a couple other people making the same thread once a week and nobody else stepping up to support you.

Mac Drettj
07-08-2014, 05:11 PM

A guild where people allow a single group to lead

A guild where a bunch of wannabe leaders try to lead

One has controlled the end game since classic

One has reorganized renamed and retried upwards of 30 times

Musetii
07-08-2014, 05:11 PM
The increased population resulting from variance would be absorbed by Nihilum. Again, leading to only one alternative to salvage the server....

Wipe or bust.

Kergan
07-08-2014, 05:19 PM
I keep saying the best hope for a multiple guild server is to just keep app'ing Nihilum and not contesting until the guild bursts at the seams.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
I keep saying the best hope for a multiple guild server is to just keep app'ing Nihilum and not contesting until the guild bursts at the seams.

spoken like a true non factor

Kergan
07-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Please keep your insults to RNF.

mikemandella
07-08-2014, 06:50 PM

So you're saying it would be impossible to find this "hidden" character and kill them? The pvp range only applies to a few priority mobs

Eslade
07-08-2014, 06:53 PM

I'd say it already is bursting at the seams. Some people just want to be on the team that has the lowest chance of losing. In EQ that's the side with the most bodies unfortunately. Server will eventually become blue because of no competition.

Except lower guk, flowers is all over that place.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 07:05 PM
So you're saying it would be impossible to find this "hidden" character and kill them? The pvp range only applies to a few priority mobs

forget it dude. .. this casual has it all figured out. Joining a server and immediately apping to the winning guild gives you this ability to see the game in 20 dimensions.

Grimjaw
07-08-2014, 07:25 PM
In EQ that's the side with the most bodies unfortunately Correction: in EMU u mean. Live was not like this at all. On live a small force could go up against a large raid and actually stall them

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-08-2014, 07:32 PM
It's a blue solution to a blue problem and nothing else.

Getting dragons is going to come down to /played 9/10 times. You will have a chance to snipe repops while you're raiding in zone. That's it. In addition, you're going to need to be there at the time of death so you know roughly when to do it again next time.

Now, if I was solely motivated to log in and play due to dragons and loot, what would my options be? Sure, I could sit on the spawn location with my 60 ____ OR I could play the blue game and field a oor tracker. Both allow me to track but one of them guarantees more face time with the spawn point. Even the best kdr players lose and not being there = no bat phone. Especially with crazy ass variance/extended variance.

Variance is great if you want to kill dragon, not so good if you want to kill dragons.

Jib
07-08-2014, 07:47 PM
OH just thought of a good idea. variance would force the mobs to respawn at completely different times each time they repopped, this would make it good for euro and usa players since they have like different play times

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 08:03 PM
OH just thought of a good idea. variance would force the mobs to respawn at completely different times each time they repopped, this would make it good for euro and usa players since they have like different play times

Euro players outside of Nihilum have given up on playing in this server.

Mac Drettj
07-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Euro players outside of Nihilum have given up on playing in this server.

U were mad enough to post this then rewrite it as its own thread?

Yikes

Kergan
07-08-2014, 08:11 PM
forget it dude. .. this casual has it all figured out. Joining a server and immediately apping to the winning guild gives you this ability to see the game in 20 dimensions.

I've done the small guild/elite pvp crew thing. I've done the uberguild thing. I've never played on a blue server. I wasn't always casual. I know it's really hard to believe but I've actually killed a player character before.

The servers somehow all end up and operate in the exact same way, weird huh? Only thing different here is the amount of whining from the have-nots. Not everybody needs PD loot.

heartbrand
07-08-2014, 08:18 PM
I don't think you guys get how Variance works on project1999, and think it's something that it's not. The way you guys talk about it you'd think it's some roulette wheel and it just randomly spins and picks a mob to pop. The variance starts from the time the mob dies. That means the guild that kills the mobs [which will be Nihilum on the initial pop for 13/15 of them] will have the initial timer. They will then park alts there in the window, because the majority of my guild plays EverQuest as a profession. The following week they will have the timer and you won't. The problem will only exacerbate itself as you will have no idea what the windows are any longer. The whole notion that you'll just casually raid hate and Innoruuk will pop is lol worthy.

Kergan
07-08-2014, 08:25 PM
I don't think you guys get how Variance works on project1999, and think it's something that it's not. The way you guys talk about it you'd think it's some roulette wheel and it just randomly spins and picks a mob to pop. The variance starts from the time the mob dies. That means the guild that kills the mobs [which will be Nihilum on the initial pop for 13/15 of them] will have the initial timer. They will then park alts there in the window, because the majority of my guild plays EverQuest as a profession. The following week they will have the timer and you won't. The problem will only exacerbate itself as you will have no idea what the windows are any longer. The whole notion that you'll just casually raid hate and Innoruuk will pop is lol worthy.

You're operating under the assumption they're fighting for variance for any other reason besides to screw with Nihilum. They know they wont get loot, they don't care.

Every post I make on the subject I know I've just wasted part of my life. It's like I know I'm being trolled but I can't help myself.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 08:28 PM
It's about pvp ... there can't be less PVP than there presently has been. Simulated repops are nice, but they are just free loot, which is lame. I want to fight people who will have to be present in order to protect the spawn during it's window, from time to time we will get loot. We don't care, some of us are happy simply to have the opportunity to fight throughout the week. The current model doesn't work and hasn't worked.

Kergan
07-08-2014, 08:38 PM
There has been a ton of PVP lately not sure where you been.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 08:44 PM
and that right there is a perfect example of why you don't matter

Kergan
07-08-2014, 08:47 PM
It's really sad you think anyone matters in this game universe.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 08:50 PM
It's really sad you think anyone matters in this game universe.

Everyone matters, the more players the better. There are just very few who have the experience to speak about how to take the server in the right direction based on having experience that doesn't involve being merely an /assist bot.

Mac Drettj
07-08-2014, 08:51 PM
It's about pvp ... there can't be less PVP than there presently has been. Simulated repops are nice, but they are just free loot, which is lame. I want to fight people who will have to be present in order to protect the spawn during it's window, from time to time we will get loot. We don't care, some of us are happy simply to have the opportunity to fight throughout the week. The current model doesn't work and hasn't worked.

Lol u sound so pathetic

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Your signature is contextually unreal

Kergan
07-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Everyone matters, the more players the better. There are just very few who have the experience to speak about how to take the server in the right direction based on having experience that doesn't involve being merely an /assist bot.

No offense but your credibility is lower than any other player in the history of this server when it comes to leading anything in the right direction.

mikemandella
07-08-2014, 09:03 PM

You are just arguing the point that favors you... right now. Can you honestly say there is no strong case for variance? Depending on the windows there would be no way for Nihilum to maintain every spawn with PVP. Take a zone like VP. Also you act like timers are some kind of secret.. sorry everyone has everyones timer so that is no secret. EVER.

I agree that they will not randomly raid hate and all of a sudden they zone in and inny is up. However, them wanting to do hate and seeing 4 trackers in the zone might be a good indicator that he's going to spawn at some point in the window and your trackers would die. Then you would no longer know.

I know it's hard, but if you are going to talk about it at least be objective... I've said many times there are positives and negatives. I still do think that it would be better than the current raid situation.

mikemandella
07-08-2014, 09:05 PM
No offense but your credibility is lower than any other player in the history of this server when it comes to leading anything in the right direction.

This man knows.. he's all about following..

Add something constructive about a topic that many people are in favor of. For or against it just regurgitating Nihilum talking points just demonstrates your ignorance.

heartbrand
07-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Ya, the people who can't get the motivation to log on when they know the timers on a weekend during the afternoon and primetime will suddenly be there for the 3am faydedar variance pops. Cool story ya all good luck on that amazing variance pvp for selo drums, see u in thurgadin.

Gaffin 7.0
07-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Ya, the people who can't get the motivation to log on when they know the timers on a weekend during the afternoon and primetime will suddenly be there for the 3am faydedar variance pops. Cool story ya all good luck on that amazing variance pvp for selo drums, see u in thurgadin.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 09:43 PM

lol, I knew I should have saved some quotes from when you were a struggling guild leader.

Elderan
07-08-2014, 09:46 PM

mikemandella
07-08-2014, 10:52 PM
lol, I knew I should have saved some quotes from when you were a struggling guild leader.

Hi2U fucking hypocrite...

http://s17.postimg.org/4xwc0j7lr/Untitled_2.jpg

Bazia
07-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Kerry levels of flop here

Kergan
07-08-2014, 11:23 PM
This man knows.. he's all about following..

Add something constructive about a topic that many people are in favor of. For or against it just regurgitating Nihilum talking points just demonstrates your ignorance.

So anything that differs from your viewpoint = not constructive? I'm repeating the same arguments because that is exactly what you guys are doing every time you make a new variance post. My stance hasn't changed so why should my posts reflect a different opinion?

I have always been and will always be against variance. In my opinion the entire point of playing EQ on a PVP server is so you don't have to deal with things like variance, FTE, etc. EQ was designed around the zerg. You can call it a flaw if you want, but this server isn't about reinventing EQ it's about preserving the original experience.

The last simulated repop non Nihilum guilds got 3 dragons, so what exactly is wrong with the system? Is that not accomplishing exactly what you want, to give other guilds the opportunity to occasionally drop a raid target? Or will you not be satisfied until your proposed solution craps up the game for the vast majority of the raid level server population (i.e. Nihilum)? The agenda is obvious and I am glad the staff sees right through it.

steve roberts
07-08-2014, 11:24 PM
who are you ?

Kergan
07-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Just some guy on the winning team. :)

Leftoverture
07-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi2U fucking hypocrite...

http://s17.postimg.org/4xwc0j7lr/Untitled_2.jpg

how can she slap

Psykes
07-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Jeebus....EQ Classic experience has always been about the guild that is the fastest to organize, and willing to poop sock....either get on the train, or go take your guild to your own emu server and pop shit on your own timeline

There is always the guild that whines, and the guild that wins...I dont even play and I can tell Hokuten is the latter

Eslade
07-09-2014, 01:09 AM
Jeebus....EQ Classic experience has always been about the guild that is the fastest to organize, and willing to poop sock....either get on the train, or go take your guild to your own emu server and pop shit on your own timeline

There is always the guild that whines, and the guild that wins...I dont even play and I can tell Hokuten is the latter

So Hokuten is the guild that wins?

Bazia
07-09-2014, 01:14 AM
people just want a chance to see a mob that doesnt spawn during typical EST work hours

(6AM-2PM)

Psykes
07-09-2014, 01:57 AM
Eslade...apparently you couldnt sense my sarcasm:eek:

mostbitter
07-09-2014, 02:12 AM
people just want a chance to see a mob that doesnt spawn during typical EST work hours

(6AM-2PM)

was just like that for months, didn't make any difference

Bazia
07-09-2014, 02:16 AM
If you can't log on more than 4 players when you know what time stuff is.

cuz errbody is at work

Bazia
07-09-2014, 02:16 AM
was just like that for months, didn't make any difference

different players

mostbitter
07-09-2014, 02:27 AM
What makes you say that? I still see all the same Azrael people involved with Hokuten.

Bazia
07-09-2014, 02:30 AM
other then jib

nope

and to be fair jib wasnt even in azrael that long

mostbitter
07-09-2014, 02:35 AM
Are you in Hokuten? cus you been in a lot of azraels

Bazia
07-09-2014, 02:37 AM
yeh were pretty much the only 2 and we werent even in azrael at the same time just long time pals

no azrael core in any way involved with hokuten, not that i would mind but yeh

derpcake
07-09-2014, 02:47 AM
What makes you say that? I still see all the same Azrael people involved with Hokuten.

Like who?

Halfelfbard
07-09-2014, 03:01 AM
Saying variance doesn't help is just lying to yourself. Short term it would suck...ass, sitting there tracking isn't fun at all but it sets up different arena's. Guild A kills tracker from guild B, well lets battle for the tracking spot.

Long term is helps everyone, and doesn't give a guild the joy of systemically killing everything in like 2 hours. Even if the variance is only like 24 hours, race track raiding is whack, turn left.

Musetii
07-09-2014, 03:22 AM
Can the staff please move this thread to RnF as it has become a flame war and is ruining the Server Chat section. Thank you.

Lyzard
07-09-2014, 03:56 AM

It'd help those of us who live in different time zones also as even 5pm-11pm converts to 10am-4am for us Brits... I don't really wanna have to quit my job, lose my house and be unable to feed my baby boy because I want a chance of classic raiding :p

Uuruk
07-09-2014, 04:15 AM
It'd help those of us who live in different time zones also as even 5pm-11pm converts to 10am-4am for us Brits... I don't really wanna have to quit my job, lose my house and be unable to feed my baby boy because I want a chance of classic raiding :p

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/WoW_Box_Art1.jpg

playing wrong game dude.

Lyzard
07-09-2014, 04:33 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/91/WoW_Box_Art1.jpg

playing wrong game dude.

Nah man, being forced to log on everyday and complete mind numbingly boring dailies is far more of a ball ache IMO.

Believe it or not i'm old enough and wise enough to know what game I want to be playing... would just be nice to relive some of the good ol' days is all

a_gnoll_pup
07-09-2014, 05:14 AM
Nah man, being forced to log on everyday and complete mind numbingly boring dailies is far more of a ball ache IMO.

Believe it or not i'm old enough and wise enough to know what game I want to be playing... would just be nice to relive some of the good ol' days is all

WoW hasn't been for dailies for about a year now. Get with the times!

derpcake
07-09-2014, 06:05 AM

Since kunark has been on farm so long, I guess there are enough alts camped out everywhere to do mobs right as they spawn, VP being the exception.

I don't think variance is the ideal solution, but it would certainly alleviate the top-end heavy situation of this server.

Sim repops would also be good but I guess thats been discussed already.

Wipe would be best of all though.

mostbitter
07-09-2014, 08:45 AM
It'd help those of us who live in different time zones also as even 5pm-11pm converts to 10am-4am for us Brits... I don't really wanna have to quit my job, lose my house and be unable to feed my baby boy because I want a chance of classic raiding

Only people who work a certain shift deserve to be catered too? All the people working night jobs or third shift don't deserve to enjoy the server too? Non americans also unworthy? Only the 9-5er worth worrying about huh? Selfish.

Smedy
07-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Server would be a lot more fun if people who are playing on it wanted it to be a lot more fun. There's nothing wrong with the server, it's the neckbeards who have attracted each other who make up 90% of the playtime on the server are all in the same guild, with a pop around 200 max that shit is broken.

If you wanted fun everyone would break the fuck up and go 20 man max guilds and have a brawl, wtb some type of qeynos vs freeport server that wipes every 6 months with the same stable code as red99, please.

Kergan
07-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Since kunark has been on farm so long, I guess there are enough alts camped out everywhere to do mobs right as they spawn, VP being the exception.

I don't think variance is the ideal solution, but it would certainly alleviate the top-end heavy situation of this server.

Sim repops would also be good but I guess thats been discussed already.

Wipe would be best of all though.

Yeah lets wipe 2+ years of work on peoples characters because you're new to the server and don't like getting stomped on. That will be great for the long term health of the project, since all the other servers that have done wipes have lasted such a long time.

And how does variance alleviate the top-end situation of the server? I see people throw things out like that, or it'll increase population, somehow break Nihilum into pieces and stuff. It's ridiculous. All variance does is require bigger zergs to make sure you can batphone in enough people at any point of the day. I don't know why pro-variance people have this expectation that the top PVE guild will just roll over and stop doing what it takes to get almost every raid target. That isn't how EQ works, and it isn't how it has ever worked.

But mostly I just feel bad that some people are buying in to Lite's propaganda about it being for server health. Variance ups the time investment to be successful in this game 1000%, so the largest negative impact of its implementation falls squarely on the people they are proposing to help. It's just a veiled "F with Nihilum" strategy attempting to utilize the staff to systematically damage Nihilum where they could not through legitimate contention.

This cycle repeats itself over and over like clockwork. Azrael rises up in numbers, maybe wins a few battles/raid targets, Nihilium responds by overwhelming them and half quit. The next step is petition/forumquest where we see level 56 naked port bots repeatedly porting into raids trying to bait PNP violations and other nonsense. They literally do nothing but try to get Nihilum players banned, while simultaneously shitting up the forums with requests of the staff to change the game to fit their playstyle. Stick around long enough and you'll see it happen again and again and again.

To anyone fighting for variance I'll just ask a simple question - if we had 2-3 simulated repops a month (which has been proven to land raid targets outside of Nihilum) what exactly is your problem with that system? Does that accomplish exactly what you're after, PVE raid targets going to the non uberguild? Amazingly Nihilum has been very supportive of this idea and most of us congratulate the newer guilds when they are able to mobilize and get targets after a repop.

Not_Kazowi
07-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Server would be a lot more fun if people who are playing on it wanted it to be a lot more fun. There's nothing wrong with the server, it's the neckbeards who have attracted each other who make up 90% of the playtime on the server are all in the same guild, with a pop around 200 max that shit is broken.

If you wanted fun everyone would break the fuck up and go 20 man max guilds and have a brawl, wtb some type of qeynos vs freeport server that wipes every 6 months with the same stable code as red99, please.

Won't ever happen and you know why. I was always trying to keep heresy at an equilibrium for the sake of competition, but certain influences here didn't exist on VZTZ.

Gaffin 7.0
07-09-2014, 10:20 AM

Kergan
07-09-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't know who this guy is but man is he stupid.

Please take your insults to RNF and don't shit up the server forums, thanks.

No one is arguing that Nihilum is going to just roll over and not track targets if variance is enabled.

Ok so we won't roll over?

We are arguing that outside of the super small chance of a mob popping while lesser guilds raid, that these new guilds still benefit.

Here is the problem with your theory. Lets pretend we have 4 hour variance on 7 day spawns. Your guild schedules a Hate raid at 7PM the day Innoruuk spawns. The previous week Innoruuk died at 11:16 PM. We have the timer and know that he can spawn this week between 7:16 PM and 3:16 AM. What are the odds you guys get to continue raiding after 7:15 PM? There is never going to be a situation where you're doing some planar gear clear and a raid target spawns dude, it will just NOT HAPPEN. If getting your pickup raids wiped out repeatedly is the kind of PVP you're looking for then I guess that situation works for you?

You welfare collecting nihilums will quickly burn out tracking, and the resources spent tracking are less resources spent going out of your way to kill the rage fire merchant or princess in isle 1 sky (how sad LOL).

Ok so we will roll over?

You act like hokuten doesn't have the numbers to slay dragons. No, in reality hokuten doesn't have the numbers to contest 35 nerds that will log another alt the moment they die.

Who said that? You killed 3 dragons last simulated repop. What you don't have numbers for is a 2AM batphone to contest a dragon. Or a 5PM batphone. Or an 11AM batphone. And enough with the no life/nerd/loser comments. Every one of us is playing an emu of a 15 year old video game. We're all nerds. All it does is make you look like a whiner when you say things like that. Video games are no different than any aspect of life, if you put more time in you'll reap more rewards.

Hokuten has no problem tracking and no lifing content. Are we going to take bat phones at 3 am? Probably not, most of us aren't going through divorce like retti and actually work. Give the new guilds a chance to compete, because as it stands new guilds are stuck doing hate/fear and the occasional double bone razor Draco.

Simulated repops got you dragons, what's wrong with that system? And more r/l talk/insults...how f'ing rustled are you bro? Take it easy. And you're much more likely to lose those planar gear clears than gain a dragon tbo.

Colgate
07-09-2014, 10:40 AM
tldr good god man get a grip

Kergan
07-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Dude come on a lot of that is a quote.

Jib
07-09-2014, 10:43 AM
yeah for real, i dont read anything kergan says thats 3 sentences+

i make rare exceptions for people i dont know tho.

Colgate
07-09-2014, 10:43 AM
still like 4000 words, wtf is this tho??

Yeah lets wipe 2+ years of work on peoples characters because you're new to the server and don't like getting stomped on. That will be great for the long term health of the project, since all the other servers that have done wipes have lasted such a long time.

And how does variance alleviate the top-end situation of the server? I see people throw things out like that, or it'll increase population, somehow break Nihilum into pieces and stuff. It's ridiculous. All variance does is require bigger zergs to make sure you can batphone in enough people at any point of the day. I don't know why pro-variance people have this expectation that the top PVE guild will just roll over and stop doing what it takes to get almost every raid target. That isn't how EQ works, and it isn't how it has ever worked.

But mostly I just feel bad that some people are buying in to Lite's propaganda about it being for server health. Variance ups the time investment to be successful in this game 1000%, so the largest negative impact of its implementation falls squarely on the people they are proposing to help. It's just a veiled "F with Nihilum" strategy attempting to utilize the staff to systematically damage Nihilum where they could not through legitimate contention.

This cycle repeats itself over and over like clockwork. Azrael rises up in numbers, maybe wins a few battles/raid targets, Nihilium responds by overwhelming them and half quit. The next step is petition/forumquest where we see level 56 naked port bots repeatedly porting into raids trying to bait PNP violations and other nonsense. They literally do nothing but try to get Nihilum players banned, while simultaneously shitting up the forums with requests of the staff to change the game to fit their playstyle. Stick around long enough and you'll see it happen again and again and again.

To anyone fighting for variance I'll just ask a simple question - if we had 2-3 simulated repops a month (which has been proven to land raid targets outside of Nihilum) what exactly is your problem with that system? Does that accomplish exactly what you're after, PVE raid targets going to the non uberguild? Amazingly Nihilum has been very supportive of this idea and most of us congratulate the newer guilds when they are able to mobilize and get targets after a repop.

Kergan
07-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Yeah legit TLDR there, no defending it.

Kinamara
07-09-2014, 11:12 AM

Screw american favoritism. Euro players could say the same for the last half year.

Jib
07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Screw american favoritism. Euro players could say the same for the last half year.

variance is good for euro's, could allow repops to happen at anybodys prime playtime

Tassador
07-09-2014, 11:31 AM
Let's cater to players that live in Australia, Africa and Asia. Think of the handfuls we could pull into this server from those billions living in those continents.

Jib
07-09-2014, 11:36 AM
Let's cater to players that live in Australia, Africa and Asia. Think of the handfuls we could pull into this server from those billions living in those continents.

variance sounds like a better idea, we should cater to everybody, thats what variance does

Ames who?
07-09-2014, 11:41 AM
still like 4000 words, wtf is this tho??

402 words

steve roberts
07-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Another massive factor of variance is, one guild doesnt have max numbers each time for each target the way they do when they can tumble them in a few hours.

Tassador
07-09-2014, 01:39 PM
variance sounds like a better idea, we should cater to everybody, thats what variance does

Let's just let one guild make a monopoly and then state that people don't come here because rnf is posted in general.

Kergan
07-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Kergan, why are you being so blatantly dense. I actually really admire your ability to refute each point though, something most of us can't do without being objective.

I'm not trying to be dense it just happens on its own. And thanks for your admiration.

I disagree entirely with your stance though. You understand that realistically there will be multiple mobs in window at one time? You understand that we could potentially kill your tracker in hate and grab inny without you knowing? You understand that often times on blue mobs have slipped through trackers that got bored, busy, or fell asleep?

Ok, let's just play this scenario out.

Innoruuk spawns somewhere between 1PM and 5PM let's say. We begin seriously tracking him on high alert at 1PM. At 2PM you kill our track bot. At 2:01 Innoruuk spawns. This is literally the best case scenario for you.

Now, I'm sure you realize pretty much any zone is reachable in under 5 minutes in EQ. Hate happens to be one reachable in about 30 seconds from anywhere. Do you think you'll have time to organize a raid force strong enough to kill Innoruuk, organize port groups and get up there, clear the zone and kill Innoruuk before we know what happened? I mean, the second our port bot is PK'd, and assuming we don't have about 15 different throwaway alts parked in different spots within the zone, do you think we're just gonna say...oh well, guess we give up? Come on man.

The reality is even at our slowest point of the day we have enough on to stop any raid from happening in any zone. All we'd have to do even if you pulled things off perfectly is to delay you until the 50 man zerg logs in due to the bonus DKP we're awarding for contested dragons, swarm over your raid force like locusts and kill the raid target.

You keep saying we don't have the core to batphone at all hours of the day, I also disagree. We constantly have more people online than Nihilum throughout the last 3 weeks.

It's possible. But I've heard this argument before and it's just not accurate. We have a ton of people playing alts or doing other things, plus a lot of people who don't have their tag up outside of raids. We have 20+ in TS and active at just about any given moment when we're not raiding, and double/triple that when we are (which is pretty much every night). We're a huge fucking guild dude, with a lot of neckbeards.

A guild of mostly mid 50s cannot contest a guild with 30 best in slot. You're waiting on repop day ready to go, ready to slay mobs some of my guilders have never even touched before. We aren't willing to suicide into a guild that has mobs stagnated to benefit them on repop day. I promise you if trak randomly pops at 3 am though that 25 of us will be there in hopes that nizzers rmt yacht hit an iceberg and sank.

If you guys can get 25 level 60s on at 3AM randomly I'd be really impressed. Maybe you guys will have what it takes to get some targets. You'd be the first guild to come along not named Nihilum with that ability. Keep in mind we'd probably have 30, better geared. Gotta stay 1 step ahead nameen?

If you're so confident in nihilums ability to beat us with variance then why not prove me wrong and show us.

Inb4 iPhone spell check sucks.

Another "point" that is brought up a lot. It's really simple - because it shits up the whole raid scene. Poopsocking is the absolute worst EQ can offer and you want to make it so it is a way of life. There are far better solutions then implementing variance, some of them already in place.

And look, I understand why you guys hate the system. It's not equitable. If we added up all the time spent in game between your guild and our guild, and we're at 70% of it and you're at 30%, you want the loot split in a similar fashion. It's just not the way the game works.

We've been beaten before, several times. Azrael only a few months ago had every raid target for almost 2 months straight raiding with a force just as big as the one we have now. Kringe lead a crew that took many raid targets over a 2+ week timespan. The difference is Nihilum is the only guild that has been willing to put in the effort over a long span of time. Other guilds burn out. That doesn't mean the system is broken, because what is driving this system of keeping us on top is the playerbase. If we stopped getting applicants our size would get smaller and smaller until we couldn't overpower people. But yet, people keep apping. The reason is almost universally the same: they want to join the top guild.

I just wish people wouldn't latch on to this variance idea. I'm all for things that make the server better and believe it or not, I'm all for ideas that get raid targets to up and coming guilds. I supported simulated repops 110% from the beginning, and that has proven to be successful getting Hokuten, RD, Azrael, etc raid mobs. What you're asking for with variance is to severely punish the majority so the minority can have a shot. I don't even disagree with you fighting for it, what do you have to lose? Nothing.

steve roberts
07-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Would not read even if shorter, this player knows nothing except /assist and easy mode.

Kergan
07-09-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't even use assist, shows what you know.

heartbrand
07-09-2014, 03:12 PM
I don't even use assist, shows what you know.

chortled

Barladore
07-09-2014, 06:12 PM

Qft

Hamburgalur
07-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Qft

Yeah... Fuck that.

mtb tripper
07-11-2014, 06:44 AM
chortled

lite
07-11-2014, 07:47 AM

At that point you are fighting against the easy mode seeking aspect of human nature. What you mentioned is nothing more than wishful thinking. Pussymode is not something that can be alleviated or that goes away, thus there is something fundamentally wrong with the server.

Kergan
07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
thus there is something fundamentally wrong with EverQuest so I should go play a different game.

FTFY

lite
07-11-2014, 10:32 AM
whoareyou

Zalaerian
07-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Can't wait for tuesday

no chewie dont
07-11-2014, 11:25 AM
cant bring myself even nearly close enough to care to read all this
just gonna go with a default_response_06:
wow, seek halp

mostbitter
07-11-2014, 12:10 PM
can't wait till velious when 50+ guilds can't do content and people figure out that these guild sizes ain't shit. Maybe just maybe if everyone outside of nihilum wasn't a fucking twat then perhaps one of those multiple 50+ zergs from the other side could stick together and stop crying so fucking much.

Grimjaw
07-11-2014, 12:33 PM
chewie u still play? I was farming guk the other night unharmed

Kergan
07-11-2014, 01:28 PM
cant bring myself even nearly close enough to care to read all this
just gonna go with a default_response_06:
wow, seek halp

Default response fits.

Clark
07-11-2014, 01:59 PM