PDA

View Full Version : Looking to join the party

Boxten 2.0
07-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Hello everyone! Looking to start a rogue on red when I get off work tonight. Played on blue for a while but it's getting boring and I'm looking for some action to get that spark back. Any tips for a pvp newbie starting fresh here?

Silent
07-08-2014, 08:13 AM
rogue you will have an annoying time leveling up til you can get a group probably lvl 10+, make it somewhere the current newb train is leveling up. Check ooc on a level one and you can generally see the pattern, Most of the blue players coming over are doing gfay/cb then moving to unrest/mistmoore. Part of this I know because I have ported dozens of new characters and bound them in gfay from other starting areas so they could have the race they wanted and play in area with friends, as getting a port isn't always that easy on red.

Someone can probably hand you off a starter rogue weapon like a bone razor or something laying around, I am fresh out of starter gear though I gave away a bunch of jagged bands, dwb, bone razor, spined claws, bs mantles. But there are people out there who have tons of this stuff for free if you find the right person whos not a dick.

Be prepared to be ganked by a +/- 4 level 20-40 epic rogue with a fungi or war/sk if you are unlucky enough to meet some of the douches of the server.

Soon as you get some plat, after getting bags, buy at least 1 pumice(around 15pp) no matter what level you are.

Boxten 2.0
07-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the info!

Vile
07-08-2014, 03:37 PM
gonna be rough going melee as first char that's for sure

LulzSect
07-08-2014, 03:42 PM
yeah, should definitely go troll sk instead

more survivability solo imo

Vile
07-08-2014, 03:48 PM