PDA

View Full Version : Binding at raid targets

Ella`Ella
07-07-2014, 11:18 PM
I would like to get some clarification on the practice of binding at raid targets. It appears to me that the ability to instantly gate to a targets spawn point is no different that being at character select while camped at the spawn point - something we've ruled against in the raid policy.

Thus, my question is whether this practice of binding and gating to mob spawn points is a fair tactic or is illegal?

Thanks

Sirken
07-07-2014, 11:44 PM
i do believe players are not allowed to bind at raid targets.

waiting to get confirmation from another staff member, but i vaguely remembering forcing a bunch of players to rebind away from raid mobs. but im not feeling great, so i could be remembering wrong.

Ambrotos
07-07-2014, 11:55 PM
I think you are recalling Sebilis and some other zone(perma?) where people use to be able to bind in, but was removed. Although removed, the bind stuck till you forced them to rebind some where else.

Ella`Ella
07-07-2014, 11:58 PM
I think you are recalling Sebilis and some other zone(perma?) where people use to be able to bind in, but was removed. Although removed, the bind stuck till you forced them to rebind some where else.

From what I understand, you are currently able to bind at Nagafen.

Ambrotos
07-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Ya that is classic for casters for sol b at least.

I would think the stance of no binding would go along with the "want" of only being able to engage Inny in his room, and needs the blessing of the emperor. I vaguely remember us talking about it and coming to the conclusion if a caster wanted to gate in, that's the risk they take at being killed.

I say go for the two for one deal and make both not allowed!

Ella`Ella
07-08-2014, 12:12 AM
i do believe players are not allowed to bind at raid targets.

waiting to get confirmation from another staff member, but i vaguely remembering forcing a bunch of players to rebind away from raid mobs. but im not feeling great, so i could be remembering wrong.

So, to confirm, we are not allowed to bind and gate at spawns/targets until further notice?