PDA

View Full Version : Derakor the Vindicator & Kael in general

Byrjun
07-07-2014, 10:54 PM
AC in Kael is still way too high. Even on trash, but it was really noticeable tonight when we killed Vindicator.

Here are stats from our top rogue on the fight:

http://i.imgur.com/u9qUm6t.jpg

He had about 1450 ATK with Velious buffs and perma Avatar. Still only managed 65% accuracy, while rogues usually hit 70%+ on Kunark mobs, and even on Velious fights like Zlandicar and Wuoshi. One thing I've noticed is that for some reason on non-Vindi mobs rogues will have high backstab accuracy, usually in the 75% range. But on Vindi it's actually lower, at sub 60%. I'm not sure if there's something in the code that specifically targets backstab, but I'm definitely noticing a trend where backstab gets hit really hard on these high AC mobs.

33 average pierce and 214 average backstab are just super low. And this was our top rogue. Others were getting around 190 average backstab, only 70 points higher from the bare minimum. Every melee seems to be doing at least 20 less dps compared to Kunark fights, and that's being conservative.

Plus, anecdotally, the fight just seems much longer and more difficult than I remember from live even with similar numbers.

Finally, I definitely remember monks being able to pull Vindi from his guards on live. Here you must kill his two temple guards before pulling him, as they will chain aggro from anywhere. Is this something that got changed early in velious, or is it incorrect on the beta server?

jooo
07-08-2014, 02:39 AM
Finally, I definitely remember monks being able to pull Vindi from his guards on live. Here you must kill his two temple guards before pulling him, as they will chain aggro from anywhere. Is this something that got changed early in velious, or is it incorrect on the beta server?

You have to bug out the guards in order to pull him solo.

2 - 3 monks ping ponging.

wycca
07-08-2014, 05:50 AM
I dont know about velious, but FYI, I know that 65-67% accuracy was their target when setting NPC's in most latter EQ expansions. You could get all the +accuracy and +attack and new AA you wanted, but in the end they'd just bump the NPC stats up so accuracy didnt change much.

Yinikren
07-10-2014, 01:35 AM
I can't say that this really sounds wrong, but I don't have solid evidence either for or against it either.

As wycca said, target accuracy was 65-67%. If anything, mitigation on those other mobs would need to be looked at.

wycca
07-10-2014, 04:29 AM
Well, it's possible that Velious mob's mitigation may be off, but thats separate from accuracy/avoidance ac. I do know that it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to mitigate more, especially since most of them are significantly higher level than Kunark mobs. I'd expect 20-30% dps loss to be normal, but nothing to back that up.

There are other mob stats worth looking at - not sure about Vindi in particular, haven't gotten some good parses yet on his hit distribution, but the few hits I did see didn't make me think he was super attack buffed. I think some Velious mobs have too much attack though - we have alot of max hits on our warriors on Kland for example - but not enough testing to be 100% sure. PoTG/Prog for example seemed ok. So who knows.

jooo
07-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Derubael▓▓{░▒┴╙╫⌡√■░▒pixel♣│╢hack░░▒▓≈≤±

Alunova
07-11-2014, 09:55 AM
AC values in Kunark were really low in most cases

Byrjun
07-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Okay sure, Velious mobs got an AC increase. But it doesn't feel right. It makes melee DPS absolute garbage, and raising ATK by just 100 (avatar) boosts DPS by a ridiculous amount. It seems like there may be a magic number around 1500 ATk where you go from doing nothing to regular DPS.

As wycca said, target accuracy was 65-67%. If anything, mitigation on those other mobs would need to be looked at.

Why is Backstab accuracy <60% then? On Kunark mobs and even some Velious mobs like Wuoshi it keeps up with normal attack accuracy.

Looking at the parses, and it's mostly similar across the board. Another rogue had 66.3% accuracy with normal attacks, but 54.7% accuracy with Backstab. However another rogue actually had 64.1% normal attack accuracy, with 67.3% Backstab accuracy. I normally don't see such wild differences on Kunark fights. You'd think it would be directly related to ATK, but the rogue parse I posted had permanent Avatar and about 1450 ATK throughout the fight, which I think is quite high.

I think something is going on here, I'm just not what. Just looking for further feedback.

Alunova
07-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Backstab will always be a smaller sample size and fluctuate far more than normal attacks.

Kunark bosses had almost no AC, so backstabs were pretty lethal. Especially considering disciplines were active for 12? seconds of a 15 second fight.