PDA

View Full Version : Any of you programmer types want to try somethin?

Kergan
07-07-2014, 09:27 PM
So recently I was told about the /outputfile inventory command and I think its pretty cool.

What would be even cooler is if I could upload the file somewhere and generate auction text or a message to post in the auction forums based on checking what items I want to sell and setting a price. Maybe have it account based so I could upload several and have it as my overall inventory.

Would save me a lot of time going through the banks of a ton of characters and bank alts and trying to figure out what I have and what it is worth, so I assume other people would like it as well.

Could also make the tool useful for guild banks to keep an up to date list of items and quantities!

Anyways, I know some of you guys like some projects like that to do from time to time so this might be a cool one. :P The trade market is pretty bad on R99 and I think a lot of that is due to the hassle of selling things - must be at a bank, faction issues, people two boxing a low HP warrior to disc when a trade is completed to PK you for the plats you just got etc, etc. Anything we can do to make it easier would help out the economy and server overall!

Thanks for reading,
Kergan

steve roberts
07-07-2014, 09:39 PM
This sounds like an awful idea, no offense.

Kergan
07-07-2014, 10:12 PM
Why out of curiosity? Maybe I'm just a packrat that can't keep his shit together, but it would help me out for sure.

raka
07-07-2014, 10:22 PM
My dick just fell off, rolled over, and boosie faded my ballsack.

Kergan
07-07-2014, 10:24 PM
Is that a +1 then?

Clark
07-07-2014, 11:27 PM
Raka needs his head examined. PC for head exam is one stolen hooded black cloak (preferably ninja looted).

Bardalicious
07-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Give me your extra junk instead imo.

Really tho I never knew such a command existed.

Clark
07-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Ya same interested to try it when I get home.

Mac Drettj
07-08-2014, 12:15 AM
So recently I was told about the /outputfile inventory command and I think its pretty cool.

whats this?

Silent
07-08-2014, 08:23 AM
A lot of people have been using this for a while now Kergan, including guild banks especially. You dont think Nihilum actually went over each single item bag by bag did you =P? For all my mules/mains I do a simple output and keep an up to date list of my items/muled stuff and what its on.

The problem with what you are suggesting is that not only does it do inventory but it takes all your gear slots + bags + bank slots. I am sure someone could make something to strip it of all that and just format it from ' ' as an item/spell. But right now its easier just to output and simply open the file and copy the item/spell names. Everyone should know this command though if they don't.

/output for more info - if you want to create a .txt file in your EQ directory on the character you use the command on, which will create log like file of your character items like this(lvl 10 banker with few item slots equipped)

Location Name ID Count Slots
Charm Empty 0 0 0
Ear Empty 0 0 0
Head Empty 0 0 0
Face Empty 0 0 0
Ear Empty 0 0 0
Neck Empty 0 0 0
Shoulders Empty 0 0 0
Arms Empty 0 0 0
Back Empty 0 0 0
Wrist Empty 0 0 0
Wrist Empty 0 0 0
Range Empty 0 0 0
Hands Empty 0 0 0
Primary Blood Fire 11645 1 5
Secondary Empty 0 0 0

General4-Slot1 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot2 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot3 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot4 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot5 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot6 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot7 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot8 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5

you get the picture. Its easier to just copy Golem Metal Wand from above and paste it. I am not really sure how much more you could take a secondary program to strip it down to an auction list automatically. You would still have to filter out the gear which wouldnt be hard, but then the items you don't want to sell also. And of course you need to add prices, Basically /output alone is just fine =P

Kergan
07-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Yeah I'm sure a lot of people knew about it, but based on some of the responses I wasn't the only one who didn't!

I was thinking a simple page that would parse the output, clean it up and regurgitate it with the wiki page links embedded. Uploading multiple text files would allow you to better keep track of your true inventory, and it maybe make a make check boxes to allow public view so I could just say - everything in this link is for sale rather than taking an hour to dig through 80 bags and make a post.

Guild banks could be updated much quicker that way, just log in each banker and do an /outputfile inventory and upload the files.

Is it needed? Of course not. Just a quality of life thing.

XiakenjaTZ
07-08-2014, 11:12 AM
You could do something like they do for the leaderboard to set you class.

/ooc =item link 300

It would record who the item and who is selling it.

Syft 2.0
07-09-2014, 03:16 AM
A lot of people have been using this for a while now Kergan, including guild banks especially. You dont think Nihilum actually went over each single item bag by bag did you =P? For all my mules/mains I do a simple output and keep an up to date list of my items/muled stuff and what its on.

The problem with what you are suggesting is that not only does it do inventory but it takes all your gear slots + bags + bank slots. I am sure someone could make something to strip it of all that and just format it from ' ' as an item/spell. But right now its easier just to output and simply open the file and copy the item/spell names. Everyone should know this command though if they don't.

/output for more info - if you want to create a .txt file in your EQ directory on the character you use the command on, which will create log like file of your character items like this(lvl 10 banker with few item slots equipped)

Location Name ID Count Slots
Charm Empty 0 0 0
Ear Empty 0 0 0
Head Empty 0 0 0
Face Empty 0 0 0
Ear Empty 0 0 0
Neck Empty 0 0 0
Shoulders Empty 0 0 0
Arms Empty 0 0 0
Back Empty 0 0 0
Wrist Empty 0 0 0
Wrist Empty 0 0 0
Range Empty 0 0 0
Hands Empty 0 0 0
Primary Blood Fire 11645 1 5
Secondary Empty 0 0 0

General4-Slot1 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot2 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot3 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot4 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot5 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot6 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot7 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5
General4-Slot8 Golem Metal Wand 1808 1 5

you get the picture. Its easier to just copy Golem Metal Wand from above and paste it. I am not really sure how much more you could take a secondary program to strip it down to an auction list automatically. You would still have to filter out the gear which wouldnt be hard, but then the items you don't want to sell also. And of course you need to add prices, Basically /output alone is just fine =P

Everything you say could be followed up by..."and that's why I love dick soo much!"

Because nothing you say could possibly make you seem straight, so just own it!

Halfelfbard
07-09-2014, 07:25 AM
google spread sheet, make link in selling forum. Tada.

Silent
07-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Syft this is not the RNF forum, Don't be mad you always fail to kill me in game. If you wish to express concerns over your failure in game to do so, Please refer to the RNF section of the red forums to direct anymore hateful/inappropriate remarks as Derubael has posted in his new thread.