PDA

View Full Version : Charm Levels

Vaildez
07-03-2014, 01:04 PM
So this may be a silly question... but for the levels where you get a newer charm spell but aren't charming over the max level of the previous spell yet which one do you go with? My gut feeling says stick with the lower charm spell due to mana cost but is there an advantage to the higher level spell such as less breaks?

Thanks

Tewaz
07-03-2014, 01:10 PM
The higher level ones usually have longer durations, but I have noticed I rarely get max duration from a charm, even on a tashed green.

The biggest factor when charming is the mob's level, so I would continue to use your lower level one until you are forced to change because it won't work on the mob.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Continue using it until you're forced. The difference in duration is seldom noticed due to early breaks.

Vaildez
07-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Would a mob just resist if it was too high level to charm with the spell? I have not been able to charm a yellow at my level and have been resisted 10/10 times.

Tewaz
07-03-2014, 03:16 PM
It will tell you if you cannot charm them with the current spell.

The rule is you should charm the lowest conning mob since mob level is such a big factor when charming.

Charming yellows is not a very good idea.

Uuruk
07-03-2014, 03:36 PM
It will tell you if you cannot charm them with the current spell.

The rule is you should charm the lowest conning mob since mob level is such a big factor when charming.

Charming yellows is not a very good idea.

Unless this was changed the mob will just resist the charm and not tell you.

Vaildez
07-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Pretty sure it was too high level for the spell and got just a resist message. I tried the new spell and charmed a yellow and a red by accident pretty easily.

iruinedyourday
07-10-2014, 08:46 PM
Pretty sure it was too high level for the spell and got just a resist message. I tried the new spell and charmed a yellow and a red by accident pretty easily.

yea at this point sit down and mem that cojouling wispers or however its spelled.. or at least thats what I had to do in the most insane fight i have ever fought against 3 blues :(

I thought after like 5 tries - 'crap i think that this zol is too high!'

Clark
07-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Continue using it until you're forced. The difference in duration is seldom noticed due to early breaks.