PDA

View Full Version : Server chat...

Derubael
07-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Server chat is NOT for talking shit. It's for general discussions on Red 99, PvP, and Project 1999.

It is NOT for you to spew bullshit about your feud no one cares about except for a rapidly dwindling hardcore neckbeard forum crew who - with few exceptions - hardly even play anymore.

Knock this shit off. Will start moving punishments to include in-game accounts if people can't learn where to post their threads. If it's mildly antagonistic (you KNOW what's going to light people's fires - that's why you posted the thread in the first place) put it in RnF. If it's talking shit about someone or a guild or an event - RnF. If it's got pictures of people dying, RnF. If it's about how person x raped person z financially and physically, while also neglecting person q... PUT IT IN RNF.

Last fucking warning. We let so much shit slide with you guys that would never fly on Blue because we respect the community and understand you are cut from a different cloth. Unfortunately we have to draw the line somewhere. If we can't all handle the privilege of having a forum to post on, we can come up with alternative motivations and punishments for those who can't figure it out.

Thanks, love you all.

Genedin
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Can we do this with OOC too?

You'd be amazed how many new players to the box ask 'is this how OOC is all the time? is this server really that bad'

when they log in and see all of the nonsense in ooc

India
07-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Server chat is NOT for talking shit. It's for general discussions on Red 99, PvP, and Project 1999.

It is NOT for you to spew bullshit about your feud no one cares about except for a rapidly dwindling hardcore neckbeard forum crew who - with few exceptions - hardly even play anymore.

Knock this shit off. Will start moving punishments to include in-game accounts if people can't learn where to post their threads. If it's mildly antagonistic (you KNOW what's going to light people's fires - that's why you posted the thread in the first place) put it in RnF. If it's talking shit about someone or a guild or an event - RnF. If it's got pictures of people dying, RnF. If it's about how person x raped person z financially and physically, while also neglecting person q... PUT IT IN RNF.

Last fucking warning. We let so much shit slide with you guys that would never fly on Blue because we respect the community and understand you are cut from a different cloth. Unfortunately we have to draw the line somewhere. If we can't all handle the privilege of having a forum to post on, we can come up with alternative motivations and punishments for those who can't figure it out.

Thanks, love you all.

Thank you!!

Pudge
07-01-2014, 10:45 AM
If it's got pictures of people dying, RnF.

lol.

also yea i like global ooc, but think it should be policed. should be some squadron of ooc police, who can mute people on-the-fly, and whose actions are reviewed by the GMs after the fact.

Derubael
07-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Can we do this with OOC too?

You'd be amazed how many new players to the box ask 'is this how OOC is all the time? is this server really that bad'

when they log in and see all of the nonsense in ooc

lol.

also yea i like global ooc, but think it should be policed. should be some squadron of ooc police, who can mute people on-the-fly, and whose actions are reviewed by the GMs after the fact.

We still agree with you 100%. Right after the changes went in and we started really trying to push a good community onto R99, OOC actually was pretty decent for a while. It's now back to a shitshow like it was before.

I would love if we could have a csr access level that JUST has #revoke. unfortunately, #revoke isnt even working right now, so we have to #suspend instead, and that's not a command I want someone we don't trust to have (you can suspend someone for a thousand years, effectively banning them).

Regardless, something will be done about Global OOC - we are going to be adding more Guides for Red to help police that (including at least 1 dedicated Red Guide), and we are still hoping to get the "area OOC" working properly at some point, because I think that'd clean up a lot of that garbage while still allowing people working towards similar goals to group up easily.

Andis
07-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I think OOC is perfect just the way it is

lets be honest - people who play this game or for the most part adults over 22

when theres shit talk in ooc, its normal, get over it, we play a red server

if you got a real problem with ooc, guess what, you can turn it off

OOC is really crucial to have for this community, not only to find grps, but to auction your items - you take it away and you have taken a giant dump on server

again, if you are really butt-hurt about people talking in ooc, and your 25 year old ears can't take a little shit talk - you CAN turn it off.

Derubael
07-01-2014, 10:55 AM
I think OOC is perfect just the way it is

lets be honest - people who play this game or for the most part adults over 22

when theres shit talk in ooc, its normal, get over it, we play a red server

if you got a real problem with ooc, guess what, you can turn it off

OOC is really crucial to have for this community, not only to find grps, but to auction your items - you take it away and you have taken a giant dump on server

again, if you are really butt-hurt about people talking in ooc, and your 25 year old ears can't take a little shit talk - you CAN turn it off.

This is the problem. The mentality is that new people should have to go out of their way to avoid your bullshit. That's not the way you build a population. If I walk into a restaurant, and I'm a non-smoker, and the front of that restaurant is the smoking section and all i can see/smell/taste is smoke, I'm going to leave. I'm old enough to smoke, but I don't want to deal with the irritation and annoyance of having smoke shoved in my face - and I'm definitely not going to take the time to "go into the back" to avoid the smoke.

Bottom line, Andis and everyone else who feels OOC is "fine" is that we don't think it's "fine". So if you'd like to keep it the way it is, and if you'd like to keep your account out of "banned=1" then

clean it the fuck up

http://theocddiaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/unicorn_pooping_a_rainbow_20px.jpg

Genedin
07-01-2014, 10:56 AM
Easy killer.

I agree /ooc is necessary and I am against restricting it to cities/areas.'

Most trades and auctions get done by one guy camping an item or lvling in a group, and one guy doing the same or sitting at a bank half the world away.
same thing with finding exp groups, think it would hinder it.

on the other hand, there is just some really toxic bullshit in ooc far too often. I just want to see this server grow.

Mac Drettj
07-01-2014, 10:57 AM
preemptively ban stasis in game imo

Derubael
07-01-2014, 11:00 AM
We have the forums for selling items. Not to mention with area based OOC, you'll still have plenty of people to talk to - cities become the new "EC tunneL" where you auction your stuff, or look to buy stuff. Alternatively, you can be a traveling salesman, going from OOC area to OOC area to peddle your wares. The areas are of a decent size and link similar zones together.

If you guys don't like that solution, clean up global OOC.

Iandyan
07-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Is it possible to have ooc turned off as default? Make them turn it on if they want to see it.

derpcake
07-01-2014, 11:04 AM

Thanks, love you all.

Any chance you do the same to OOC ingame?

Its 90% toxic bullshit.

We both know this server isn't going to attract players with its current climate, nor is the current playerbase much to get excited about.

Awesome post btw.

Genedin
07-01-2014, 11:13 AM
ROFL. did you not read rest of post

derpcake
07-01-2014, 11:16 AM
ROFL. did you not read rest of post

No I got so excited at the prospect I instantly replied.

Fuck yes.

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Double dkp for banned forum accounts

Gustoo
07-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Looking forward to area OOC...all the chit chatters will have to go through cities which is good for new guys too.

Kergan
07-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I look forward to praying on wandering salesman. :)

j/k I don't pvp at all lololol

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Why do you think people wanted global ooc and yellow text, Derubael? Surely for no toxic reason or to harass others.

You just need an LFG and trade channel and give people a week in the tank for talking trash in it, regardless of who started what but merely for participating in that or warn people that global ooc is only for that.

You wanna clean it up? Well, that's where you can start getting serious. Right now? People will just swell RNF with threads and play get each other banned footsies in game/server chat (make someone mad, try to get them to flip out in ooc).

It's real easy to make clean cuts @ people and play innocent :P.

Kergan
07-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Why do you think people wanted global ooc and yellow text, Derubael? Surely for no toxic reason or to harass others.

You just need an LFG and trade channel and give people a week in the tank for talking trash in it, regardless of who started what but merely for participating in that or warn people that global ooc is only for that.

You wanna clean it up? Well, that's where you can start getting serious. Right now? People will just swell RNF with threads and play get each other banned footsies in game/server chat (make someone mad, try to get them to flip out in ooc).

What about item loot?

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 11:57 AM
It's a major missing mechanic before we can call this a classic FFA server.

Nilbog wants it but cares more about the blue flagship atm (read: expansion content and final mechanical clean up) for obvious reasons (that we all can agree on).

Not_Kazowi
07-01-2014, 12:05 PM
This is the problem. The mentality is that new people should have to go out of their way to avoid your bullshit. That's not the way you build a population. If I walk into a restaurant, and I'm a non-smoker, and the front of that restaurant is the smoking section and all i can see/smell/taste is smoke, I'm going to leave. I'm old enough to smoke, but I don't want to deal with the irritation and annoyance of having smoke shoved in my face - and I'm definitely not going to take the time to "go into the back" to avoid the smoke.

Bottom line, Andis and everyone else who feels OOC is "fine" is that we don't think it's "fine". So if you'd like to keep it the way it is, and if you'd like to keep your account out of "banned=1" then

clean it the fuck up

http://theocddiaries.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/unicorn_pooping_a_rainbow_20px.jpg

Well said

Genedin
07-01-2014, 12:06 PM
I would really love me some item loot. Makes the server so much more Dynamic

Pheer
07-01-2014, 12:08 PM
We let so much shit slide with you guys that would never fly on Blue because we respect the community and understand you are cut from a different cloth.

clear admission of gm favoritism, how could you deru

Kergan
07-01-2014, 12:09 PM
It's a major missing mechanic before we can call this a classic FFA server.

Nilbog wants it but cares more about the blue flagship atm (read: expansion content and final mechanical clean up) for obvious reasons (that we all can agree on).

Velious has lots of nice items to loot off dead players.

Would suck so hard to lose a flayed barb mask or something.

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 12:10 PM
I saw one of these get grabbed cuz someone thought they had their DE mask on instead:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4811.

The dangers of being a lawn mower man without sleep... ya know?

I reckons Shaoshorty in PB was the looter on said kill.

Derubael
07-01-2014, 12:11 PM
clear admission of gm favoritism, how could you deru

Red sends us more bloomin' onions every month :D

These extra onions afford them the ability to spout dirty words and harass asshats.

Kergan
07-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Should modify YT to say what item has been looted, lol

Soandso has been slain by Someguy and lost a Cloak of Flames!

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 12:13 PM
That leads to even more harassment. If that was the case on live? Same thing would have happened.

Where's my Narilka info on confirming PoG BP effect near Velious release? DO SOMETHING USEFUL.

Kergan
07-01-2014, 12:14 PM
Dude is unplugged man, last pics on his facebook he was painting the new chicken coup he was building (no joke).

EverQuest has lost an incredible neckbeard, he will be missed.

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 12:17 PM
I found the coach with less info than that.

You want him back? Step into my office.

Chuck can give me an excellent referral on my skills as an internet tracker.

Kergan
07-01-2014, 12:18 PM
No need, I have all his info but I can't force him to respond. :)

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 12:26 PM
First he was missing, now he's reachable.

Gettin' somewhere here.

SprinklesAK
07-01-2014, 12:32 PM

Thanks, love you all.

Thank you! I'm really glad to hear this. :)

alaiwy0503
07-01-2014, 12:36 PM
I think that global OOC is at least as responsible for the increase in population than the exp bonus is. If you remove global ooc it makes finding groups WAY harder. As it is right now people will travel a long ways to find groups. If you are only in unrest/mm/kurns etc it will make finding groups really hard again and ultimately drive the new population away again I am afraid.

Also, while the /ooc BS gets old, it becomes obviously pretty quickly that there are only a couple people really shitting it up. The entire server isn't RNF all the time and if a new player cares enough to watch the /ooc chat they'll generally also figure out that it's mostly a few people, not the entire server.

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Some accounts just need global ooc permanently removed from them.

Dacuk
07-01-2014, 12:53 PM
just limit it so people can only ooc once every hour or something if they are not in a citylink zone. or just start suspending people if they are being asshats.

I totally support cleaning up the ooc trash.

Derubael
07-01-2014, 01:00 PM
I think that global OOC is at least as responsible for the increase in population than the exp bonus is. If you remove global ooc it makes finding groups WAY harder. As it is right now people will travel a long ways to find groups. If you are only in unrest/mm/kurns etc it will make finding groups really hard again and ultimately drive the new population away again I am afraid.

Also, while the /ooc BS gets old, it becomes obviously pretty quickly that there are only a couple people really shitting it up. The entire server isn't RNF all the time and if a new player cares enough to watch the /ooc chat they'll generally also figure out that it's mostly a few people, not the entire server.

People would still have plenty of avenues to find groups. Global OOC would be heavily modified, as opposed to completely removed. It's still very possible for people to form groups without too much trouble!

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Well, let's see what actually happens

heartbrand
07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
If you just suspended people right off the bat for ooc violations, even for chiming in, it would clean up. Remember when the nba had an immediate game suspension policy for just getting up off the bench during a fight? What has happened since? Almost no fights.

India
07-01-2014, 01:44 PM
If you just suspended people right off the bat for ooc violations, even for chiming in, it would clean up.

I would suggest ooc suspension for one week for every infraction.
3 ooc suspensions w/in x time and you're game suspended for a week.

Though I suppose it might make this a bit more feasible if all ooc suspensions could be put on a timer so that you don't have to manually go back and unsuspend.

Suspend swiftly, suspend once and be done with it.

quido
07-01-2014, 01:45 PM
This thread should be in RnF

Basso
07-01-2014, 01:46 PM
Next it'll be illegal to jump people on mobs, will the pussification ever end?

iiNGloriouS
07-01-2014, 01:48 PM
We have the forums for selling items. Not to mention with area based OOC, you'll still have plenty of people to talk to - cities become the new "EC tunneL" where you auction your stuff, or look to buy stuff. Alternatively, you can be a traveling salesman, going from OOC area to OOC area to peddle your wares. The areas are of a decent size and link similar zones together.

I don't think I have ever sold anything on the forums, with multiple threads. Besides some people don't care for the forums in any aspect.

Global OOC is a must, especially trying to find a port if you got a group waiting on you etc

Sektor
07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Red sends us more bloomin' onions every month :D

These extra onions afford them the ability to spout dirty words and harass asshats.

Is this really true? Does red donate more then blue or did I misread this? I stopped donating a couple months ago. Not really feeling it anymore.

Junkman
07-01-2014, 02:09 PM
pras gms and devs

Derubael
07-01-2014, 02:18 PM
I don't think I have ever sold anything on the forums, with multiple threads. Besides some people don't care for the forums in any aspect.

Global OOC is a must, especially trying to find a port if you got a group waiting on you etc

Then clean up global OOC if you don't want area/city ooc.

Does anyone actually know what area OOC is? Or are we all just saying it's bad because it's different?

This thread should be in RnF

Korruption.

I would suggest ooc suspension for one week for every infraction.
3 ooc suspensions w/in x time and you're game suspended for a week.

Though I suppose it might make this a bit more feasible if all ooc suspensions could be put on a timer so that you don't have to manually go back and unsuspend.

Suspend swiftly, suspend once and be done with it.

Problem is I can't just remove their OOC ability - I have to full on suspend the account. I'm not opposed to doing this and have done so in the past, but really the only way the community is going to improve is if everyone works to change attitudes like Andis'. I can suspend the entire server for a week and it's still going to be a shit fest if people don't start working to police one another.

I believe I had spoken to the guild leaders regarding handing down their own punishments for people that step out of line in OOC or on the forums. Has anyone been docked loot, raid attendance, DKP, or been suspended for raiding? If not, that's a serious problem, because people have definitely crossed the line in both guilds, and should have been punished. I can only do so much babysitting during the day, and I'm not a huge fan of pouring over 18 hours of /ooc text after work and all my other CSR stuff every night. Sometimes I happen to catch people step out of line, but more often than not it filters through the cracks. This is why I need the community's help, especially guild leaders/officers and community leaders that people look up to.

You guys are the ones people will listen to without needing to get suspended. If you go to your peers and you say "look guys, the staff is right, we really need to clean this up if we want more people to play here. So let's get to it!" you're going to have much more clout and your statement will hold much more weight as it's not coming from the CSR staff.

Is this really true?

It was a joke dude =P. We don't even really track where/who donations come from.

HippoNipple
07-01-2014, 02:23 PM
Then clean up global OOC if you don't want area/city ooc.

Does anyone actually know what area OOC is? Or are we all just saying it's bad because it's different?

Sounds awful. Instead of being able to form groups or /auction while you are doing something it sounds like I need to be logged in my wizard porting around the world spamming /ooc messages.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Pretty sure there was a post describing what zones are linked.

As a near-guildless non-factor this affects me probably more than someone with a vast array of guildies and 3-year box pals. Doubly so since I'm unable to port.

Sektor
07-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Lol I figured you were joking. Would of made blue look real bad if that were the case.

iiNGloriouS
07-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Problem is I can't just remove their OOC ability -

Aussie OOC banned Jody for 3 days. But I could still log in and play. So I sense some fallacies in this statement.

Derubael
07-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Aussie OOC banned Jody for 3 days. But I could still log in and play. So I sense some fallacies in this statement.

Straw-man argument. You are correct though, OOC was fixed. This is still the issue at hand :

I believe I had spoken to the guild leaders regarding handing down their own punishments for people that step out of line in OOC or on the forums. Has anyone been docked loot, raid attendance, DKP, or been suspended for raiding? If not, that's a serious problem, because people have definitely crossed the line in both guilds, and should have been punished. I can only do so much babysitting during the day, and I'm not a huge fan of pouring over 18 hours of /ooc text after work and all my other CSR stuff every night. Sometimes I happen to catch people step out of line, but more often than not it filters through the cracks. This is why I need the community's help, especially guild leaders/officers and community leaders that people look up to.

You guys are the ones people will listen to without needing to get suspended. If you go to your peers and you say "look guys, the staff is right, we really need to clean this up if we want more people to play here. So let's get to it!" you're going to have much more clout and your statement will hold much more weight as it's not coming from the CSR staff.

LulzSect
07-01-2014, 03:11 PM
I agree with everything you said.

iiNGloriouS
07-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Straw-man argument. You are correct though, OOC was fixed. This is still the issue at hand :

Ah you just made it sound like there was no way to remove a players OOC. Was just speaking from my experience.

Not Salem
07-01-2014, 03:55 PM
suspended for raiding

That's a steep request Derubael, I can't see Nihilum saying no to anyone, especially after we killed 3/11 mobs last simulated repop.

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Guild leader: please stop acting like everyone else on the server
Player: no
Guild leader: (lemme just remove one of the most active people from my guild on this sub 100 person server)

Sorry Derupal, you can't try to make the criminals be the police here. 3rd party has to crack down and handle it.

heartbrand
07-01-2014, 04:01 PM
That's a steep request Derubael, I can't see Nihilum saying no to anyone, especially after we killed 3/11 mobs last simulated repop.

3/11?

There's:

Cazic-Thule
Innoruuk
Dracoliche
Nagafen
Vox
Severilous
Talendor
Faydedar
Gorenaire
Venril Sathir
Trakanon
Phara Dar
Hoshkar
Silverwing
Xygoz
Nexona
Druushk
Noble Dojorn

that's 19 mobs. of those 19 Nihilum killed 15. You killed 3, and no1 bothered with Nexona because her loot table blows.

Derubael
07-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Sorry Derupal, you can't try to make the criminals be the police here. 3rd party has to crack down and handle it.

Then we can start holding guild leaders responsible for the actions of their guild members. At that point it becomes, "Do I want to stop this guy from raiding for a week, or do I want to get suspended along with my fellows officers?"

Not "everyone else" on the server acts like a douchebag. I've said this so many times - we're not asking for rainbows and carebear stares here. We just want some semblance of community and a positive impression upon new players coming to the server.

12. You may not operate a guild that habitually violates these rules.

Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings, and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules.

Kergan
07-01-2014, 04:10 PM
I will speak with Tune the guild leader of Nihilum about enforcing OOC behavior within our ranks.

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 04:13 PM
Then we can start holding guild leaders responsible for the actions of their guild members.

Then I hope you're ready for a Megatron style burial of the Duke.

Lite's no saint either, but I might just call that not being a sucker at this point.

I will speak with Tune the guild leader of Nihilum about enforcing OOC behavior within our ranks.

I wanna kick you in the gunt right now.

Colgate
07-01-2014, 04:30 PM
what does a guild have to do in order for the leader to be held responsible for the actions of its players? so far we've seen a single guild's players:

repeatedly train on throwaway alts
spam /ooc with real life attacks for hours on end
make real life threats in /ooc and /shout
RMT for themselves
support their leader's RMT habits
bug out highly contested PvP targets using exploits involving highsun
bug out raid mob AoEs by getting them stuck in walls
pull raid mobs to locations specifically stated to be off limits by staff members
violate LNS policy
strip/delete other peoples' characters
2 box
develop/use 3rd party plugins allowing for stupid shit like harry potter maps(undetectable by rogaine's antihax.dll)
use 3rd party weapon swap macros(also undetectable by antihax.dll)

and they've never been punished as a guild, except for when rogaine said he was going to take away the exploited naggy loot(which never happened)

so at this point i'm genuinely curious what rules a guild could break at this point that haven't been broken before that would convince the staff to hold the guild/its leaders accountable

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 04:33 PM
They'll ban some forum accounts that get spergy when promised changes like this one don't happen.

Server will be how it has been.

(This is more of a bait than a prediction in a best case scenario)

iiNGloriouS
07-01-2014, 04:34 PM
what does a guild have to do in order for the leader to be held responsible for the actions of its players? so far we've seen a single guild's players:

RMT for themselves
pull raid mobs to locations specifically stated to be off limits by staff members
violate LNS policy
2 box
develop/use 3rd party plugins allowing for stupid shit like harry potter maps(undetectable by rogaine's antihax.dll)

and they've never been punished as a guild, except for when rogaine said he was going to take away the exploited naggy loot(which never happened)

so at this point i'm genuinely curious what rules a guild could break at this point that haven't been broken before that would convince the staff to hold the guild/its leaders accountable

Clark
07-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Bump.

Pitborn
07-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Literally the only thread i haven't seen Rellapse40 post in..

Coincidence?

Gaffin 7.0
07-01-2014, 05:38 PM

RMT for themselves
violate LNS policy
2 box

no chewie dont
07-01-2014, 06:13 PM
which guild we talkin bout i can think of at least 2 matching that description

Mac Drettj
07-01-2014, 06:30 PM
3/11?

There's:

Cazic-Thule
Innoruuk
Dracoliche
Nagafen
Vox
Severilous
Talendor
Faydedar
Gorenaire
Venril Sathir
Trakanon
Phara Dar
Hoshkar
Silverwing
Xygoz
Nexona
Druushk
Noble Dojorn

that's 19 mobs. of those 19 Nihilum killed 15. You killed 3, and no1 bothered with Nexona because her loot table blows.

Grats Hokuten

Jk

Azrael core

Kergan
07-01-2014, 07:04 PM

RMT for themselves
violate LNS policy
2 box

hehehe

heartbrand
07-01-2014, 07:08 PM

U talkin smack on founding fathers again?

Xer0
07-01-2014, 07:12 PM

I feel like the area-wide OOC would be much better regardless :[
Doubt that that would even force people to clean up their acts, would just be more localized toxicity.

Colgate
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
hb u listed 18 mobs not 19

heartbrand
07-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Ya cuz Phara Dar is worth two PKP (Phara kill points)

Kergan
07-01-2014, 07:37 PM
I wanna kick you in the gunt right now.

:D

Porz
07-01-2014, 07:42 PM

RMT for themselves
violate LNS policy
2 box

Are you not one of the guys that complains on the forums and does not play?

How about people grow up get over the past and try to make the future better for everyone involved. I thought all the kids when to play wow? How did they end up here

Derubael
07-01-2014, 07:44 PM

was thinking this same thing. maybe not that exact list of offenses, but close enough to it.

everyone has a dirty whistle here. tired of hearing why "This side is wrecking the box!" "No, they are!"

You're both destroying the box. Period, the end. If you can't see that then I give up trying to help the community.

Porz
07-01-2014, 07:46 PM
was thinking this same thing. maybe not that exact list of offenses, but close enough to it.

everyone has a dirty whistle here. tired of hearing why "This side is wrecking the box!" "No, they are!"

You're both destroying the box. Period, the end. If you can't see that then I give up trying to help the community.

As a newer player to Red, Its pretty sad to see it is the same 5-10 people driving everything down hill...

I suppose its hard to grow up?

Potus
07-01-2014, 08:00 PM
There is nothing wrong with OOC, people routinely ask the Azrael/Nihilum complainers to take it to tells.

I support people getting banned/suspended for saying the n-word and homophobic things though. That just simply needs to go.

Zade
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
everyone has a dirty whistle here

hey i resent that.

I am the only clean whistle on this box now

Rellapse40
07-01-2014, 08:18 PM
my whistle is clean as fuk

u want to see it gayde?

Zade
07-01-2014, 08:48 PM
my whistle is clean as fuk

u want to see it gayde?

oh ya rite like you just gave that dude your wizard amirite

Rellapse40
07-01-2014, 08:51 PM
letting someone use a toon you have no interest in ever

is not dirtying a whistle

nt tho gayde

Uuruk
07-01-2014, 08:53 PM
A good start would be banning relaspses in game accounts.

Rellapse40
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM
server chat is not for trolling

please ban uuruk for baiting me

Uuruk
07-01-2014, 09:04 PM
server chat is not for trolling

please ban uuruk for baiting me

It's not trolling. It would be a good start for this server. You are a plague to this server in game and on the forums. Your maturity levels matches that of a 5 year old.

Clark
07-01-2014, 09:27 PM
It's not trolling. It would be a good start for this server. You are a plague to this server in game and on the forums. Your maturity levels matches that of a 5 year old.

:eek:

Rellapse40
07-01-2014, 09:27 PM
says a anon account

Nirgon
07-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Where is the justice even in this very thread

Xer0
07-01-2014, 09:58 PM
Where is the justice even in this very thread

he's a-cookin somethin up </familyguypope>

Colgate
07-01-2014, 10:37 PM
nihilum's list of offenses:
RMT for themselves
violate LNS policy
2 box

azrael's list of offenses:
2 box

yeah man both sides are to blame equally, how foolish of me to not notice!

OfftuneRZ
07-01-2014, 10:53 PM
says a anon account

Any account with less than 1k posts = anon account? or someone with better shit to do than sit on forumquest 23 hrs a day. Get a life.

Back on topic though: I believe OOC is much needed for this server to thrive, it is just the toxic offenders will continue to shit it up on a daily basis until action is taken and word is spread that staff means business.

Vile
07-01-2014, 10:56 PM
nihilum's list of offenses:
RMT for themselves
violate LNS policy
2 box

azrael's list of offenses:
2 box

yeah man both sides are to blame equally, how foolish of me to not notice!

i hope you don't play this box still

Rellapse40
07-01-2014, 10:57 PM
gotta love idiots

I don't think he is in my guild. He just stole lazies Sig and tries to pass himself off as him sometimes.

Looks like a red guy to me.

I'm TMO. Anon forum acc though

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1518807&postcount=5

anything else you would like to add?

Giovanni
07-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Seems easy enough.

Dump logs of /ooc at the end of each month. Run script to perform keyword search against list of "toxic" keywords. Disable /ooc for flagged users.

If those users want access to speak in /ooc again, charge them 20k plat.

Fixes /ooc and platinum inflation at the same time.

Giovanni
07-02-2014, 12:51 AM
I would love if we could have a csr access level that JUST has #revoke. unfortunately, #revoke isnt even working right now, so we have to #suspend instead, and that's not a command I want someone we don't trust to have (you can suspend someone for a thousand years, effectively banning them).

As an alternative, have a GM item with a targetable clicky detrimental effect for lower level CSR reps.

Player is shitting up /ooc? Give them 10 hours of res effects, make their character drunk, or even blind.

Be creative with the detrimental effect.

jooo
07-02-2014, 02:54 AM
Last fucking warning.

mad

jooo
07-02-2014, 02:55 AM
As an alternative, have a GM item with a targetable clicky detrimental effect for lower level CSR reps.

Player is shitting up /ooc? Give them 10 hours of res effects, make their character drunk, or even blind.

Ya, lets give staff more power to trip on.

Dumbass

Colgate
07-02-2014, 02:59 AM

ofc not

playin FQ tho

mtb tripper
07-02-2014, 04:08 AM

Pudge
07-02-2014, 08:38 AM

Developers developers developers developers!

I like this idea. Long as ppl can't just kill themselves to remove the effect.

Vile
07-02-2014, 11:22 AM
ofc not

playin FQ tho

FQ even p boring :(

HippoNipple
07-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Straw-man argument.

Derubael is Cast.

Nirgon
07-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Derubael is Cast.

Let me check with Rogean on that. I'll get back to you.

Labanen
07-02-2014, 01:01 PM

Be creative with the detrimental effect.i like this idea

Clark
07-03-2014, 05:52 PM
i like this idea

Musetii
07-09-2014, 03:30 AM
Bump. Latest threads created in the PVP Server Chat are toxic, can we make good on the threats by staff? All my friends have quit because of these toxic posts and now I dont think I can keep playing knowing these threads exist in the PVP Server Chat section. Thank you.

Syft 2.0
07-09-2014, 03:48 AM
Bump. Latest threads created in the PVP Server Chat are toxic, can we make good on the threats by staff? All my friends have quit because of these toxic posts and now I dont think I can keep playing knowing these threads exist in the PVP Server Chat section. Thank you.

This idea that GM's and certain player's have, that if a pvp community was more friendly and acted like a smurf village then suddenly the pop would boost, is absolute BS!

I'm sorry you've never played a PVP game before, but the shit-talking and rivalry is actually what drives the pop on pvp servers.

Every attempt at PCing up the server is another step closer to putting Red99 out of business, your not helping your actually hurting!

But any GM is welcome to prove me wrong give me a single example of any PVP game that didn't consist of a toxic environment of player's???

Even WoW which was more bluebie than a smurf village was toxic on pvp servers! Barrens chat was a cesspool and that was just player's talking to their own TEAM!

Psykes
07-09-2014, 03:49 AM

What exactly does this have to do with your friends quititng? Its your choice to read and or respond to a thread, unless you are the thread creator then I could see your point...afterall thats what its meant to be for

phacemeltar
07-09-2014, 03:52 AM
What exactly does this have to do with your friends quititng? Its your choice to read and or respond to a thread, unless you are the thread creator then I could see your point...afterall thats what its meant to be for

yea it sucks when u create a thread and lots of people say hateful things in it.

Lyzard
07-09-2014, 06:28 AM
As I scroll down the PvP Server Chat forum I cant help but think.....

..... People still aren't getting it :rolleyes:

derpcake
07-09-2014, 07:02 AM
This idea that GM's and certain player's have, that if a pvp community was more friendly and acted like a smurf village then suddenly the pop would boost, is absolute BS!

I'm sorry you've never played a PVP game before, but the shit-talking and rivalry is actually what drives the pop on pvp servers.

Every attempt at PCing up the server is another step closer to putting Red99 out of business, your not helping your actually hurting!

But any GM is welcome to prove me wrong give me a single example of any PVP game that didn't consist of a toxic environment of player's???

Even WoW which was more bluebie than a smurf village was toxic on pvp servers! Barrens chat was a cesspool and that was just player's talking to their own TEAM!

Aren't you tinysuit?

So you think that shit is cool, cuz pvp server?

Just so I know wether its ok to jump on that bandwagon. I think its pretty indecent, but if you k with it I can laugh with it pretty hard.

derpcake
07-09-2014, 07:08 AM

Is there any reason you keep investing time in these people?

If they were 3-5 year olds, you could educate them. Given their age, they have an attitude and it is pretty unlikely they will change that.

Why do you allow people to make new accounts? When they are banned from the forum, they should stfu, not make a new account and continue their old behaviour.

Please start taking actions on ingame accounts. It would help a lot getting certain individuals out of the community.

The people that stand out negatively due to their posting here, do you really believe they are community assets?

Tl;dr: ingame bans are needed if you want to have some authority. People don't give a shit about their 14th forum accounts. And if you want to give up, feel free to do so but wipe the box first. If you don't its going to spiral really hard. Which would be pretty cool to watch from the sidelines though.

derpcake
07-09-2014, 07:22 AM
mad

Are you just going from forum to forum, trying to get some attention, even if its from people that do not like you at all?

Guess so.

Musetii
07-09-2014, 09:11 AM

I want to read the PVP Server Chat and become well informed on current issues regarding the server, not to see people being mean to each other. Please help GMs, the amount of toxic posts in the PVP Server Chat section has become a problem and now my friends don't want to come back and play with me. Derubael said he would clean up the PVP Server Chat and make it a nice place, a place where we would all just get along and post together.

Also there have been two noticeable infractions with people auctioning, "WTB" in the PVP Server Chat. Can we have those moved to the PVP Trade Hub please? Thank you.

Tradesonred
07-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Seriously Deru, this post is encouraging people to post even more shit if you dont follow through.

Clark calling heartbrand a shoe shining jew, an obvious rants and flames post by mostbitter right after you said to post this shit in RnF.
Ive had my applications ignored for cleaning up the forums, understandbly because i did shit up the forums once in a while by my overly negative stance on how poorly you people run things around here during some low attendance periods.

Its really simple, all it requires is sustained attention for 3 weeks at most. Dont even warn people, forum ban for 3 days, then a month, then perma, link to account.
This will deal with 95% of people here not arsed to mess with proxies just so they can post RnF stuff in PVP chat.
This cant take more than 30 minutes a day? Just go through the forum posts at the end of the day, ban ban ban.

If you just say something and then do nothing, unfortunately you are keeping a bad tradition around these here parts alive. Not to be overly negative, you guys came through with the group bonus thing, lol. ;)

Tassador
07-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Lol Ecoli you being cereal right now? You can't just post 1000 turd post in general and be so upset about this, it's not stopping a huge influx of players from coming here. The server is one sided stops people more than the shit that can be contained.

Tradesonred
07-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Lol Ecoli you being cereal right now? You can't just post 1000 turd post in general and be so upset about this, it's not stopping a huge influx of players from coming here. The server is one sided stops people more than the shit that can be contained.

Like most people i get carried away because mostly rules dont get enforced.

I havent seen alot of people do some in-depth analysis posts like i did over the years, i contributed some good shit with my tendency to be overly negative when things are left to rot, so it balances out.

Im probably the sole reason why theres no xp loss in pvp anymore, i carried this issue for a year+ before the change was implemented and most people will agree it was a good change.

Posts like yours are a big part of the problem with people here, no nuance, all black and white. Cant separate the good from the bad. Nihilum? Satan!

Tassador
07-09-2014, 01:49 PM
I loved the exp loss in pvp and I've died plenty. I don't think nilly is satan but I do think you take words and this game to seriously. It's a game bro don't care how many not a game meme you got it's a fucking game.

Tradesonred
07-09-2014, 01:54 PM
I loved the exp loss in pvp and I've died plenty. I don't think nilly is satan but I do think you take words and this game to seriously. It's a game bro don't care how many not a game meme you got it's a fucking game.

Did you also love when server peaked at 60-75? That was solved by removing xp loss in pvp. It would please some hardcores like chewie who say they wouldnt care to be playing on a 20 player server (which i dont beleive), i could live with it if only more than 60 people could. That was my biggest gripe with it, yes it did not encourage people to roll pvp alts but mostly it was bleeding a pop that was 600 at launch out of the server, with a sizeable portion of the pop explicit in that they were using the mechanic to make people quit the server, as a goal.

I dont see how i take it too seriously, if anything i think both big guilds Nihi and Az takes the "The other side is the devil" thing way too far, Azrael being the biggest culprit.

Syft 2.0
07-09-2014, 02:06 PM
Aren't you tinysuit?

So you think that shit is cool, cuz pvp server?

Just so I know wether its ok to jump on that bandwagon. I think its pretty indecent, but if you k with it I can laugh with it pretty hard.

No I'm not Tinysuit so IDK WTF your talking about. Do I think people should be posting personal info, or nude pics, NO!

Do I think that any attempt to police OOC or make forums more polite is futile...YES!

What's more logical to make 100 people be more mature, considerate, and kind human beings lol! Or for you to use the ignore feature so kindly built into the game and forums?

We have only a two GM's I'd rather they focus their attention on hacking, RMT'ing and Exploit use, than making people nicer in the belief that it will magically increase server pop. When there is absolutely no Evidence to support this belief, and every MMO PVP server that has had a large thriving community directly refutes this idea.

Sorry but PvPer's are generally assholes! And the only way to rid the server of people with this mindset is to shut red99 down!

Or learn to be a bigboy, use /ignore and STFU!

Tradesonred
07-09-2014, 02:28 PM
No I'm not Tinysuit so IDK WTF your talking about. Do I think people should be posting personal info, or nude pics, NO!

Do I think that any attempt to police OOC or make forums more polite is futile...YES!

Its not futile, bans were never an option here unless you posted pictures of a guy sucking another guys dick or if you went too persistently against game mechanic direction the devs and GMs want to take the server in (lol)

Its easy to do, i would have done it myself back when i played server if they had let me, just go on a banning spree for a week, i guarantee you 90% of people prefer just using RnF than trying to fuck with proxies just to keep posting in general chat if theyre getting banned over it.

Its a habit that just needs to be broken, wanna RnF, go in RnF.

Musetii
07-09-2014, 02:34 PM
I just want people to stop posting auction threads in the PVP Server Chat section. If Derubael can't handle that, then maybe he should make me a forum moderator. Thank you.

Syft 2.0
07-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Its not futile, bans were never an option here unless you posted pictures of a guy sucking another guys dick or if you went too persistently against game mechanic direction the devs and GMs want to take the server in (lol)

Its easy to do, i would have done it myself back when i played server if they had let me, just go on a banning spree for a week, i guarantee you 90% of people prefer just using RnF than trying to fuck with proxies just to keep posting in general chat if theyre getting banned over it.

Its a habit that just needs to be broken, wanna RnF, go in RnF.

The problem is they just ban for every offense, they don't suspend, they don't tell what rule you broke, or what you did wrong.

If you want to enforce the rules then you have to have a clear indication of the rules, offenses and penalties.

Just waving a ban wand will do nothing. If you want order and chaos then you need to set boundaries. If your idea of enforcing order is to press Ban everytime a player pisses a GM off, then the GM's are promoting chaos. That's a chaotic response to an unlawful environment. If you want law, order and structure than you need to promote that and make player's aware of the consequences, and crimes.

Kergan
07-09-2014, 02:41 PM
1st rule of avoiding forum bans:

Don't be a moran.

Several have failed, will you succeed?

|3igHurb
07-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Agatha's Rant still in Server Chat.

Favoritism and Hypocrisy = Rules worthless = penis war

Tradesonred
07-09-2014, 02:58 PM
The problem is they just ban for every offense, they don't suspend, they don't tell what rule you broke, or what you did wrong.

If you want to enforce the rules then you have to have a clear indication of the rules, offenses and penalties.

Just waving a ban wand will do nothing. If you want order and chaos then you need to set boundaries. If your idea of enforcing order is to press Ban everytime a player pisses a GM off, then the GM's are promoting chaos. That's a chaotic response to an unlawful environment. If you want law, order and structure than you need to promote that and make player's aware of the consequences, and crimes.

The what what now

Just dont post RnF posts in PVP chat, how hard is that to understand? Its not hard, just rules arent enforced so people ignore them.

Sort of like those sodomy laws in some US states i guess?

Tassador
07-09-2014, 03:00 PM
The what what now

Just dont post RnF posts in PVP chat, how hard is that to understand? Its not hard, just rules arent enforced so people ignore them.

Sort of like those sodomy laws in some US states i guess?

Just like Canada sucks dick head keep it in rnf.

Syft 2.0
07-09-2014, 03:01 PM
1st rule of avoiding forum bans:

Don't be a moran.

Several have failed, will you succeed?

You can't avoid a forum ban here because the rules have been written ambiguously and 90% of the rules are left to GM discretion.

The only rule that can help you avoid a forum ban is...Don't piss off a GM!

That is a chaotic flawed system, based solely on the whims of a human beings emotional status. So there will be no order until GM's decide to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their station.

How order is instilled on MMO's.

1st Offense=You receive a warning of said crime, and punishment.

2nd Offense=You receive a suspension entailing said crime.

3rd Offense=You receive a ban.

If GM's do not adhere to structure and order setting clear guidelines and rules, than those rules cannot be followed or enforced.

It would be like a prison where the criminals are also the guards.

|3igHurb
07-09-2014, 03:02 PM
Agatha's Rant still in Server Chat.

Favoritism and Hypocrisy = Rules worthless = penis war

Tradesonred
07-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Just like Canada sucks dick head keep it in rnf.

RnF post △

The point was that there are laws in the books that are not enforced, it wasnt a crack at how lame the US was.

Kergan
07-09-2014, 03:11 PM
You can't avoid a forum ban here because the rules have been written ambiguously and 90% of the rules are left to GM discretion.

The only rule that can help you avoid a forum ban is...Don't piss off a GM!

That is a chaotic flawed system, based solely on the whims of a human beings emotional status. So there will be no order until GM's decide to conduct themselves in a manner befitting their station.

How order is instilled on MMO's.

1st Offense=You receive a warning of said crime, and punishment.

2nd Offense=You receive a suspension entailing said crime.

3rd Offense=You receive a ban.

If GM's do not adhere to structure and order setting clear guidelines and rules, than those rules cannot be followed or enforced.

It would be like a prison where the criminals are also the guards.

I think they are pretty lenient in general man, honestly. But yeah, if you get on their shit list they will have a quick trigger finger. There are plenty of people with thousands of posts who haven't ate a forum ban though.

Musetii
07-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Rated 1 star for lack of follow thru from staff.

Syft 2.0
07-09-2014, 03:40 PM
I think they are pretty lenient in general man, honestly. But yeah, if you get on their shit list they will have a quick trigger finger. There are plenty of people with thousands of posts who haven't ate a forum ban though.

That's exactly what I'm saying, I could scroll through forum posts all day and see who has knelt over for GM's take a pass to multiple offenses, and see people who have done literally nothing and taken a ban.

Order and Lawfulness is adhere'd to on both sides. If you wish to set up a structured and ordered system then you need to in-doctrine the laws you set forth.

Banning people on a whim is an awful way to put order in place. Checks and Balances should be put in place on both sides.

I don't want to see a player banned because he went nuts on ooc one day. That should be a first offense warning or suspension.

This load of BS that GM's are trying to sell that random banning for minor offenses is warranted is BS!

It's a catch 22 that should be disputed by all players! HTF do we know a paymelinda 2.0 isn't involved. GM's enforcing the rules I have no problem with, but this BS is just an excuse for GM's to personally abuse the rules.

No I don't agree Derub that GM's should be able to click a ban stick on their discretion. Because GM's on this server haven't earned that reputation. I also clicked that terms of service and guess what buddy that's a two way street!

If you want to ban anyone at your discretion...I say NO you shouldnt have that power, just like us you should have to follow a clear and concise guideline as to what crime befits what punishment!

You want us to follow TOS then write it in a matter befitting clear violations and crimes! And enforce those violations with crimes befitting the offense! Don't warn all the players here that you'll ban everyone that says anything you don't like selectively based on your discretion!

Give a clear set of rules that define your meanings, send warning or bans based on rules violated and then your free to judge those who violated them. Otherwise we cannot be expected to adhere to rules you don't understand yourself, or enforce selectively.

Tassador
07-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Excatly

HippoNipple
07-09-2014, 06:16 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying, I could scroll through forum posts all day and see who has knelt over for GM's take a pass to multiple offenses, and see people who have done literally nothing and taken a ban.

Order and Lawfulness is adhere'd to on both sides. If you wish to set up a structured and ordered system then you need to in-doctrine the laws you set forth.

Banning people on a whim is an awful way to put order in place. Checks and Balances should be put in place on both sides.

I do't want to see a player banned because he went nuts on ooc one day. That should be a first offense warning or suspension.

This load of BS that GM's are trying to sell that random banning for minor offenses is warranted is BS!

It's a catch 22 that should be disputed by all players! HTF do we know a paymelinda 2.0 isn't involved. GM's enforcing the rules I have no problem with, but this BS is just an excuse for GM's to personally abuse the rules.

No I don't agree Derub that GM's should be able to click a ban stick on their discretion. Because GM's on this server haven't earned that reputation. I also clicked that terms of service and guess what buddy that's a two way street!

If you want to ban anyone at your discretion...I say NO you shouldnt have that power, just like us you should have to follow a clear and concise guideline as to what crime befits what punishment!

You want us to follow TOS then write it in a matter befitting clear violations and crimes! And enforce those violations with crimes befitting the offense! Don't warn all the players here that you'll ban everyone that says anything you don't like selectively based on your discretion!

Give a clear set of rules that define your meanings, send warning or bans based on rules violated and then your free to judge those who violated them. Otherwise we cannot be expected to adhere to rules you don't understand yourself, or enforce selectively.

If you get upset when people that run the server have the ability to choose who gets banned you are going to have a bad time.

Syft 2.0
07-09-2014, 07:54 PM
If you get upset when people that run the server have the ability to choose who gets banned you are going to have a bad time.

NOPE! Not even close to what I'm saying. I'm saying for there to be order, then GM's need to lawfully uphold it.

Player's cannot follow rules when they don't know what those rules are and the consequences tied to them.

BTW that was a very immature response to a very mature post!

Uuruk
07-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Syft mad he broke the rules and got banned.

Musetii
07-24-2014, 03:03 AM
Rip. Was a good try and an even better read.

|3igHurb
07-24-2014, 03:54 AM
i bless derubaels corpse floating in the ganges

Nirgon
07-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Rated 1 star for lack of follow thru from staff.

Wait till Kurt Rustle shows up in here.

I think he said something about "don't test me". Huh.

Genedin
07-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Pretty comical people shitting up the GM's thread about not shitting up threads with impunity.

Why have thou forsaken us?

Nirgon
07-24-2014, 10:15 AM
Should just make me full power GM, access to all things, undisputed decision making power.

Mac Drettj
07-24-2014, 10:28 AM
http://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Tumbleweeds2.gif

Genedin
07-24-2014, 10:30 AM
At this point I would vote for anyone to be a fulltime GM if they would actually put in the time and effort.