PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Input

quido
06-28-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm looking for some general and specific input on the new leaderboard I have up at http://r99pvp.com.

First off - any genuine suggestion goes! This is really your leaderboard, so if there's something you want to see, please speak up. It can be anything, from a general feature such as "I want to see a list of kills in each zone," to something more specific such as "I want to see the number of points a person gets for a kill partially depend on their ratio versus the ratio of the person they killed."

We're looking to maintain what was good about the old leaderboard while implementing some new features that help address where it went wrong.

So what was good about the old leaderboard imo:
- General wealth of information and options for sorting, etc.
- The amount of points awarded for a kill diminished when the person had been killed recently
- Guild-on-Guild kills not counting

Where we're trying to do better:
- Integrity - we will select a system and stick to it
- Points system - we're going to refine things for balance and use a system weighted with a bit more detail
- Speed - In addition to being a custom solution setup to be lean, we will be working on optimization throughout the site's life for snappy performance

Our largest priority at the moment is establishing a ranking system. We would like to have a system that bears in mind the difficulty of kills and a few other extraneous factors such as streaks.

I'm thinking something to this effect with some tweaking:
- The number of base points a person's death is worth is equal to their Kill : Death ratio
- Each kill of a streak of 5 kills or more is worth 2% per kill up to 15 kills - 10% up to 30%
- A large disparity in Kill : Death ratios between the killer and killee will shrink or grow the points awarded accordingly

In the end, no system can be perfect. We will do our absolute best to balance it, but we're all going to have to eat it in some right. I'm hoping that by introducing a more weighted system we can encourage some more dynamic PvP encounters and make somewhat of a meta-game out of it. I fully acknowledge that the #1 player on the leaderboard might not be the best PvPer. Ratio says a lot and ultimately will count for a lot, but we want to do something to reward people who go hunting for high-value targets instead of repeatedly dominating a bunch of noobs.

Your thoughts and comments please!

Coan
06-28-2014, 09:16 PM
The other 5 people playing on this server are really excited for this

quido
06-28-2014, 09:18 PM
Keep your rants in another thread or I'll have you banned, boy.

Elderan
06-28-2014, 09:25 PM

Lol... ya sure IRL info boy.

Colgate
06-28-2014, 09:49 PM
wait, i thought you said that you weren't a felon? why would you be upset like this over false real life info? if someone said that i were a serial killer, i don't think i'd be upset about it.

Elderan
06-28-2014, 10:21 PM
wait, i thought you said that you weren't a felon? why would you be upset like this over false real life info? if someone said that i were a serial killer, i don't think i'd be upset about it.

I am not, but still exposed my RL name or close to it anyway.

quido
06-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Bullshit Elderan - you bragged to Flawless Victory on blue years ago that you stole money but got to keep it after time in prison.

Can we please get all this dumb shit moved into whatever Eldermoran is a Maggot thread is floating around in PvP RnF please?

So how about that leaderboard? What do you think about my tentative points system? Some real input, please.

Colgate
06-28-2014, 10:27 PM
naw you're a felon, no1 gonna buy that

Sektor
06-28-2014, 10:37 PM

Elderan
06-28-2014, 10:38 PM
Bullshit Elderan - you bragged to Flawless Victory on blue years ago that you stole money but got to keep it after time in prison.

Can we please get all this dumb shit moved into whatever Eldermoran is a Maggot thread is floating around in PvP RnF please?

So how about that leaderboard? What do you think about my tentative points system? Some real input, please.

Lol you are simply a moron. I have an officer from FV in my TS at this very moment and he was laughing at you also.

I have found some dumb people on this project but right now you are tops of the leaderboard.

Colgate
06-28-2014, 10:40 PM
but u r simply a felon

8)

Elderan
06-28-2014, 10:45 PM
but u r simply a felon

8)

Oh Colgate is almost in the Slathar class now.

Gaanon03
06-28-2014, 10:46 PM
You wouldn't be this rustled if it wasn't true.

Rellapse40
ya def a felon

Colgate
the "call you out on your bullshit" class?

nice

quido
06-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Achieving more than anyone could ever dream, obviously.

Rellapse40
06-28-2014, 10:50 PM
elderans butthole def not a virgin after dat prison sentence

naw mean

compulsion
06-29-2014, 12:34 AM
A hot zone bonus for PvP kills in raid zones or high value 50+ zones could make things more interesting and possibly encourage 56+ contesting PvP rather than camping CoM with low 50s. Would also like to see a filter for the same types of kills, get rid of the garbage UR/CB kills so I can see who is getting killed in Seb, KC, Skyfire/VP, etc.

Pikrib
06-29-2014, 12:40 AM
Killing Papito should be negative points.

Uuruk
06-29-2014, 12:47 AM
A hot zone bonus for PvP kills in raid zones or high value 50+ zones could make things more interesting and possibly encourage 56+ contesting PvP rather than camping CoM with low 50s. Would also like to see a filter for the same types of kills, get rid of the garbage UR/CB kills so I can see who is getting killed in Seb, KC, Skyfire/VP, etc.

Some of us enjoy CoM

Sektor
06-29-2014, 12:49 AM
ya def a felon

quido
06-29-2014, 12:55 AM
A hot zone bonus for PvP kills in raid zones or high value 50+ zones could make things more interesting and possibly encourage 56+ contesting PvP rather than camping CoM with low 50s.

Hot zones are an interesting idea but are probably something more for the future if what we have gets a little stale. Let's get a balanced system that isn't content-specific.

Would also like to see a filter for the same types of kills,

What do you mean by this? You mean someone killing someone at their bind repeatedly? This would get penalized by the "killed again soon after being killed" phenomenon.

get rid of the garbage UR/CB kills so I can see who is getting killed in Seb, KC, Skyfire/VP, etc.

I don't think we can just rule out those low level kills. If you're some supertwink who just kills new players, the points are going to show it eventually - it won't matter what level you are.

Barladore
06-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Killing Papito should be negative points.

lololol

iiNGloriouS
06-29-2014, 04:08 AM
Papito is a god among men.

quido
06-29-2014, 04:20 AM
What do you guys think about some system of points decaying? Maybe after 50 days or something your kills are only worth half what they were, and after 100 days they're worth 1/4 points?

Smedy
06-29-2014, 05:07 AM
why is the felon posting, doesn't criminals lose the right to voice their opinion (voting)? can we please have the same rule here #banban

if only for the sake of safety, i ain't feeling safe posting on this community when there's x felons roaming

Littlegyno 11.0
06-29-2014, 06:50 AM
why is the felon posting, doesn't criminals lose the right to voice their opinion (voting)? can we please have the same rule here #banban

if only for the sake of safety, i ain't feeling safe posting on this community when there's x felons roaming

ur leader has a charge of statutory rape dawg.

Junkman
06-29-2014, 08:04 AM

mikemandella
06-29-2014, 08:26 AM
ur leader has a charge of statutory rape dawg.

so far no proof of any kind has been submitted. However, I can confirm that there is very real hard evidence of Elderans situation. Anyone who post's it will be insta banned.. but in reality who really gives a shit it's all outside elf sim.

Let's get back on topic.. (a real life way to track elf-sim scores)

Tassador
06-29-2014, 09:17 AM
One suggestion for boards is fair and balanced we are all already aware that nilly zergs and wants no competition.

bigshowtime
06-29-2014, 09:31 AM
Don't like the idea of hotzones tbh, I think a kill should be worth the same at all levels and in any zone

I also think kills against same player should not be counted against same player within certain time frame (15, 30, 60 mins etc)

I like the idea of points, and earning more points for killing someone with a high k:d ratio, and less for killing someone with a high k:d ratio. Also more points / higher multiplier for ending someone on a killing streak

Just my 2 cents, I was always a fan of leaderboards, glad to see something up and running just hope it doesn't lead to people cc'ing noobs in cloth. Only prob on this server is it encourages plugging even more

India
06-29-2014, 10:52 AM
Military time is good and all but could you convert the kill times to EST (or CST, MST, PST)

Bidin
06-29-2014, 12:41 PM
Tons of kills missing from last night. This leaderboard is far from accurate.

LulzSect
06-29-2014, 12:53 PM

Kraftwerk
06-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Lol who goes to jail, what the fuck was Elderan doing. This guy never ceases to crack me up.

LulzSect
06-29-2014, 01:05 PM
Same thing he did in-game, manipulate figures. When you do that IRL with other people's money, you go to jail.

quido
06-29-2014, 02:31 PM
Tons of kills missing from last night. This leaderboard is far from accurate.

What kills? Show me proof and I'll figure out where it went wrong.

Mac Drettj
06-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Kill streak milestones making the player worth Xn more would b kew

Is there any administration support with this? If so we could start doing lots of interesting things like weighing class vs class or level vs level point differences.

+ filters
+ searches

Super Hater
06-29-2014, 02:43 PM
Sad pathetic nerds trying to make themselves look like better people at the expense of another nerd. I bet a lot of you have done far worse things to other people. Statistics say that there are even a few of you that have raped another woman.

I think jealousy plays a roll in it since it was such a large amount of money. How many of you can honestly say you wouldn't steal millions of dollars from some random people if you knew or thought you weren't going to get caught. I'm sure you guys are saints and all, but one things for sure...

Everyone involved here is a huge fgt.

Mac Drettj
06-29-2014, 02:44 PM
Cool story

That I didnt read

Cus too long

quido
06-29-2014, 02:44 PM
We're going to identify classes like the old boards did, but they're not going to play a part in how points are awarded.

Mac Drettj
06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
We're going to identify classes like the old boards did, but they're not going to play a part in how points are awarded.

So yes to administrator support or not?

Player submitted anything will be inaccurate.

Feniggles
06-29-2014, 02:46 PM
Cool story

That I didnt read

Cus too long

i got mango lemonade vodka and mt dew for tuesday morning funtime

Super Hater
06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
Cool story

That I didnt read

Cus too long

Hey it's the dude that has a super successful career and loving woman of 8 years, but spends all day everyday on the forums. Doesn't read posts either.

Adds up man!

I bet people take you seriously all the time...
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4385072/michael-bolton-rapping-o.gif
Suburban thizz nation

Mac Drettj
06-29-2014, 02:49 PM
i got mango lemonade vodka and mt dew for tuesday morning funtime

Sounds like the nectar of the gods

quido
06-29-2014, 02:51 PM
So yes to administrator support or not?

Player submitted anything will be inaccurate.

I'm still not sure what you're asking.

Our bot will monitor all PvP 24 hours a day. In the event our system goes down and we miss some kills, we will develop a system to keep the leaderboard accurate and up to date, likely involving user-submitted kills with verification.

Agatha
06-29-2014, 04:49 PM
i hope you have a farm catagory, like set it up to identify multiple kills, so someonescant be #1 with 2000 kills 0 deaths but all of them on the same newbs all at the same time during the day in the same zone.

kills // deaths // individual kills //

quido
06-29-2014, 08:35 PM
People who take a lot of deaths will be worth far less. A person causing a lot of these deaths is consequently going to be worth far more which will act as an incentive to better players to go kill the person.

LulzSect
06-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey it's the dude that has a super successful career and loving woman of 8 years, but spends all day everyday on the forums. Doesn't read posts either.

Adds up man!

Suburban thizz nation

Kergan
06-29-2014, 09:43 PM
Noticed that guild on guild kills are still listed, I know that is one thing Elderan had disabled on his boards for obvious reasons.

Rellapse40
06-29-2014, 09:45 PM

Adds up man!

Suburban thizz nation

Mac Drettj
06-29-2014, 09:59 PM

great movie

Agatha
06-29-2014, 10:53 PM
The Mighty Ducks lookin p strong 2 three pointers and a 1 pointer.

no bullshit hodoken farms.

Agatha
06-29-2014, 11:03 PM
lotta hodoken farming and lota wizards farming afk people in citys can u imagine being fully VP geared wizard and having to farm afk kills in citys.

a real ***** would be pullin jack moves, epic ones. take note.

Gaanon03
06-30-2014, 12:53 AM
bottles on bottles *****

Clark
06-30-2014, 07:10 PM

Lol, but his comment was funny :D