PDA

View Full Version : Worn AC changes in patch

Shodo
06-27-2014, 03:55 PM
Since joining the server, I've heard a lot of hubbub about "AC is broken" and "agility is worthless" - are these statements still true? Were those issues addressed by the patch, or was it talking a bout a different AC issue?

In other words, is it now worth it to buy stuff like Deepwater gear on a low-level toon for the higher AC? (As an upgrade to bronze for example, if you can't afford good stat pieces)

Nightbear
06-27-2014, 05:00 PM
Recent patch only affects if you are below the soft cap for AC. I'm sure you can find the number for certain levels that you need to be above, but you kind of have to try to get below that on a tank i.e. wearing cloth or leather.

Ladytron
06-28-2014, 03:22 AM
what is the level on soft cap, is that in reference to lvl 20?

Nightbear
06-28-2014, 06:07 AM
As you increase in level (1-60), your soft cap for Armor Class goes up. There's not too much info out there on AC and the soft caps and hard caps. I recently was reading some info on what it is for Velious, but I personally havent seen any info for Kunark or pre-60 characters. Maybe someone here can link a table or some testing people did. All I know is when you get below a certain point of AC, you start to take a lot of extra damage.

The "levels" I was speaking of was a point when you reach the soft cap for AC. Like 400 or 450 for a 30 tank.

Porz
06-29-2014, 03:17 PM
There was an article on peq that I saw I'll dig it up later. In a nutshell as you level AC once soft capped isn't AS effective . At some points smaller hp upgrades outplay an AC upgrade. I want to say over cap 1 AC = 3 hp opposed to under cap 1 AC = 10 hp... Might be wrong numbers same theory.

Nagash
06-29-2014, 05:18 PM
Found this, not sure how this is comparable to the server but it's a starting point.

http://www.therunes.net/guide_ac.html

Haynar
06-29-2014, 05:54 PM
There were changes to give AC more of a boost below level 40 too. So it should help more at low levels. But not too much that its overpowering.

H

Nirgon
06-30-2014, 12:14 PM
Other NPCs might be hitting each other too hard/frequently (charmed or natural enemy)

maakur
07-01-2014, 08:27 AM
The only thing I really noticed as a level 25, relatively untwinked Paladin is that things started hitting me significantly harder after the patch. I have 191 raw worn AC, and my displayed AC in the character window is 652 (sans buffs).