PDA

View Full Version : Variance, where art thou?

Jib
06-27-2014, 10:10 AM
So we showed up to tuesday's repop. 9 Hokuten in rags ready to attempt faydedar at 8AM an hour after the mass repops started. We go there and the mob was already dead to nihilum. This is exactly why we need variance. If 1 giant guild just takes all the pixels and schedules it all in 1 day it makes the server a deserted place to place for 6 days straight. If variance were implemented then the server would be flooded with players 7 days a week.

Not to mention Nihilum's goal is to cockblock every guild by taking every pixel for themselves forcing smaller guilds to dissolve and have a few leech into Nihilum.

My vote is for variance +/- 72 hours on 7 day raid targets and +/-16 hours on 3 days raid targets. This will boost the pop, force more guilds to arise and make the server a much better experience for everybody.

dont let these poor lads fail : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igRNuJ5XK10&feature=youtu.be

Vote for variance 2014

HippoNipple
06-27-2014, 10:14 AM
It looks like you have leveled up some good Nihilum recruits.

Not_Kazowi
06-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Just wait for velious then you can have the kunark mobs. They aren't putting in variance just deal with it

Supreme
06-27-2014, 10:27 AM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/art/dict/bridge.gif

Here are some bridges.

Pick one and get over it.

Kergan
06-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Holy shit you couldn't kill a dragon with 9 players in rags?

Obviously broken.

derpcake
06-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Majority of replies from nihilum.

Representative for population.

Red thriving.

ClubnRed
06-27-2014, 10:46 AM
What do you expect? Its filled with children who love the attention they recieve when they annoy others.

Thus the reason they keep doing it.

Mac Drettj
06-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Pffffffttt loooooolll...... hahahahaha...mm whew, oh boy, whee... heh...

.gif

Sheriff
06-27-2014, 10:54 AM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/art/dict/bridge.gif

Here are some bridges.

Pick one and get over it.

Lol

no chewie dont
06-27-2014, 10:54 AM
maybe u didnt deserve it
maybe u didnt earn it

Super Hater
06-27-2014, 10:57 AM
http://www.josseybassbusiness.com/images/old/6a00e5540162eb883401156f5ef23b970b-pi.jpg

Littlegyno 11.0
06-27-2014, 11:09 AM
jesus jib. ur sounding more like a faggot each and every day.

Mac Drettj
06-27-2014, 11:12 AM
eq was not designed to play without pvp.

I would never do anything but fight for my raid encounters.

heartbrand
06-27-2014, 11:15 AM
I don't think variance is the answer, staggered spawns are in my opinion.

Andis
06-27-2014, 11:23 AM
It looks like you have leveled up some good Nihilum recruits.

hippo I never thought you for a faggot

stay classy - dont act like them

signed your pal andis

HippoNipple
06-27-2014, 11:24 AM
hippo I never thought you for a faggot

stay classy - dont act like them

signed your pal andis

it's the truth though.....

Elderan
06-27-2014, 11:59 AM
So we showed up to tuesday's repop. 9 Hokuten in rags ready to attempt faydedar at 8AM an hour after the mass repops started. We go there and the mob was already dead to nihilum. This is exactly why we need variance. If 1 giant guild just takes all the pixels and schedules it all in 1 day it makes the server a deserted place to place for 6 days straight. If variance were implemented then the server would be flooded with players 7 days a week.

Not to mention Nihilum's goal is to cockblock every guild by taking every pixel for themselves forcing smaller guilds to dissolve and have a few leech into Nihilum.

My vote is for variance +/- 72 hours on 7 day raid targets and +/-16 hours on 3 days raid targets. This will boost the pop, force more guilds to arise and make the server a much better experience for everybody.

dont let these poor lads fail : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igRNuJ5XK10&feature=youtu.be

Vote for variance 2014

Tuesday was a perfect example of why variance would be bad and wouldnt work anyway.

The server restarted, which caused Fay to repop at a random time. This is exactly how variance works. We went and killed fay at some random time just as we would in variance. You and your guild showed up late just as you would in a variance situation.

Now you know the spawn time for next week. Bring your best warriors and let the best guild win the mob.

heartbrand
06-27-2014, 12:01 PM
If a guild wants to compete here, their best chance will be the start of Velious. If there's 100+ Nihilum day 1, you'll see some disgruntled people in the guild, and that will be your one shot @ making a move. But it would have to be led by a non moran, prolly someone from within. Won't be me tho, I'm in full sipping margarita's mode with my good chums Elderan / The Duke / Fathead Frank / Rallyd and Ender. wish u many pixels.

Mac Drettj
06-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Pras FHF

Jib
06-27-2014, 12:26 PM
variance would spread the mobs equally randomly through out the week, forcing new guilds to arise, more competition and an equal playing field.

variance is the answer we have been looking for

Mac Drettj
06-27-2014, 12:31 PM
eq was not designed to play without pvp.

I would never do anything but fight for my raid encounters.

Variance = jee I shur dus hope I can find a free uncontested mob 2day

Jib
06-27-2014, 01:40 PM
variance = pvp 24/7

Mac Drettj
06-27-2014, 01:44 PM
Ya I can tell since your 7 lvl 52s tried to pvp over faydedar.

Csb.

Jib
06-27-2014, 01:46 PM
well theres no variance. so no pvp will happen.

Mac Drettj
06-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Unhappiness detected

Buhbuh
06-27-2014, 01:55 PM
wait what kind of retard response is "eq wasn't meant to be played without pvp"? Of course it was. That's exactly what the expressed purpose of EQ was meant for. PvP servers were an afterthought.

Jib
06-27-2014, 01:58 PM
lets see classic servers had like 20,000 players with an avg of 1-2k on at any one time. dragons spawn every 7 days and usually don't drop what you want. only logical solution is to fight for them, thus pvp.

rotation? absurd, i'd rather play

Zemgus
06-28-2014, 02:10 AM
lets see classic servers had like 20,000 players with an avg of 1-2k on at any one time. dragons spawn every 7 days and usually don't drop what you want. only logical solution is to fight for them, thus pvp.

rotation? absurd, i'd rather play

go away already, worst poster EVER

R Flair
06-28-2014, 02:16 AM
wait what kind of retard response is "eq wasn't meant to be played without pvp"? Of course it was. That's exactly what the expressed purpose of EQ was meant for. PvP servers were an afterthought.

an afterthought that had their own beta test server

cool story

After I played blue live server and had to wait in line to compete in a competitive game, it was p obvious eq was meant to have pvp.

jooo
06-28-2014, 02:51 AM

Vote for variance 2014

Or you could just poopsock the spawn and then kill it, or even pvp on a pvp server for a dragon.

You're probably thinking to yourself right now, "WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF PVPING FOR A DRAGON?!?!?!?"

Well now big Salty told you how to slay dragons.

jooo
06-28-2014, 02:52 AM

You answered your own question.

Slay the dragon, get the loot, you might even have to pvp!!!!!

Why you beggin rogaine to change it for you so you don't have to pvp or be at a spawn when the dragon is about to pop?

Gaanon03
06-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Like myself, Jibeknn was in Nihi and won those "pvp" fights vs the underdogs, anyone can do it, they have the most neckbeards, and the timers are static.

We know how broken static timers are - and speak on behalf of the server health, not because we want loot or to win.

Gods work Jibekn, keep it up - most of the people that say people are begging for advantage changes are from guilds that all have fallen apart, and raged over Nihi - but now only think about themselves.

Gaanon03
06-28-2014, 03:12 AM
That being said I think variance should be on hold, and weekly simulated repops are much better.

Clark
07-01-2014, 05:43 PM
That being said I think variance should be on hold, and weekly simulated repops are much better.

Both

Gaffin 7.0
07-01-2014, 05:53 PM
wipe it clean

Psykes
07-02-2014, 12:52 AM
I think im missing something....its Faydedar LOL who gives a damn about that tuna....should be focusing on poopsocking trak at least 6 hours in advance if you want to have a shot at gear that can actually make a difference for your guild.. Its what we did in Echoes of Elysium on Vulak Progression, all other guilds never put in the time required to kill the mobs and then bitched when they didnt get them..... time to nut up and put in some effort...you sound like the participation trophy generation

Awwalike
07-02-2014, 02:06 AM
never seen rettiwalk pvp

nihilum doesn't want variance i wonder why.......

mtb tripper
07-02-2014, 04:37 AM
a luxury we cannot afford. know what i mean? hahaha

Clark
07-02-2014, 06:42 PM
wipe it clean