PDA

View Full Version : help extracting new update

cries4hardcore
06-26-2014, 05:34 PM
Hi all, ive been gone a few months. I see we have an update to install. For some reason my program i use to extract zip files to the everquest directory is not letting me do so. What programs do you use to extract the update files to your eq directory? Thanks so much.

India
06-26-2014, 06:08 PM
WinRar
Winzip
7-zip

cries4hardcore
06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Right, I just downloaded winrar and tried to extract. It won't let me do it, shows me an error message. I tried logging in, it said spell particles are out of date. Could I extract to desktop, manually drag and drop the spell files into the spells folder in my eq directory, and update it like that? I've never had an issue like this, it just won't let me complete the operation. Any help is very appreciated.

India
06-26-2014, 06:33 PM
Could I extract to desktop, manually drag and drop the spell files into the spells folder in my eq directory, and update it like that?.

Yes, you can do this

cries4hardcore
06-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Yeah, cuz everytime I try to extract to my eq files it says access is denied... Which has never happened before.

cries4hardcore
06-26-2014, 06:54 PM
Anyone know what's going on when it says access is denied? I am the sole user account on this computer. Is there a way that I can enable setting that will allow me to extract the files to the necessary folder? This is a bummer lol full day of trouble shooting. Thanks in advance.

India
06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
are you logged in as the admin on your pc?
If not, you need to be logged in as admin or logged in as a user with admin rights

cries4hardcore
06-26-2014, 07:56 PM
It's weird. There is only one user on my comp which should have administrative power. I got it working by manually dragging the files over . When I did it said admin approval required and let me enter my password to proceed. It wouldn't let me do that with winrar or other extraction tools. I don't get why it's happening I don't know how to fix the administrator access but I found a work around so I'm happy.

fahlen
06-26-2014, 08:05 PM
I also got the denied access error (with Winrar), on the .dll which has never happened before. Had to do it manually, but no problem after that.

India
06-26-2014, 09:24 PM
It's weird. There is only one user on my comp which should have administrative power. I got it working by manually dragging the files over . When I did it said admin approval required and let me enter my password to proceed. It wouldn't let me do that with winrar or other extraction tools. I don't get why it's happening I don't know how to fix the administrator access but I found a work around so I'm happy.

Ohhh I bet you have to run Winrar as admin too, it probably doesn't default to that.

Regardless, it's good to hear that you have it sorted out :)