PDA

View Full Version : Gynok Moltor

Bengala
06-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Camping this guy is totally tugging my sack right now.. I've been at him for 4 days, about 2-3 hours per session. Anyone feel like sharing there miserable experience camping him in an effort to make me feel better about my terrible luck? I have read across other forums that this guy doesn't even have a PH and can spawn whenever the hell he wants to, but it is certain that he spawns in the location indicated on the wiki. I'd really like to do the quest, but I am almost to the point of buying the damn Platinum Ring now....

/wrist

Tuffpuppy
06-26-2014, 01:42 PM
About a week and a half ago I was running past Befallen and decided to pop in to see if there was any low levels to buff and he was just sitting at zone line. Sorry about your luck :(

He most certainly has a. PH that roams near the zone line, the paw quest wiki has a good write up on it.

Ravager
06-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Years ago when I did that camp on my druid it was 9 hours then he spawned twice in a row. The RNG is cruel.

Kaedain
06-26-2014, 08:11 PM
hes one of those classic EQ quests though that you need to experience.. when I camped it with my druid on this server, it took me hour and hours as well, just stick with it !

Tasslehofp99
06-26-2014, 08:55 PM
He is a bitch of a camp.

I did about 47-50 paw of opolla quest-throughs when I started on p99 a few years ago. I've had Gynok take between 4-12 hours regularly, and also had him show up after 1-2 spawns. I too have found him just up sitting at the entrance; this happens because his PH spawns...roams around the zone, and then depops after a certain amount of time.

I say stick to it, you'll get what you're looking for eventually.

rollin5k
06-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Don't give up man its a good camp

Bengala
06-28-2014, 06:28 PM
After 20 hours I land this mythical bastard. Thanks for all the moral support from the Befallen crew over the past 5 days. It was my pleasure to buff and heal you all. Special thanks to Borf Borf'Borf of Clan of Borf :)

Off to UGuk for some hot Mutant Fungus action!!

rollin5k
06-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Smooth sailing now , Grats

iruinedyourday
06-28-2014, 07:48 PM
grraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaats I just got my HBC I was xpcamping woot! good times for us all :D

Clark
06-30-2014, 07:14 PM
Xp > all

Tuffpuppy
06-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Xp > all

Not everyone is in a rush or even cares to get to one of the worst end games in gaming.

iruinedyourday
06-30-2014, 09:25 PM
I <3 people that have fun just killing dervs with their best friend and they spend 4 hours going from one side of the continent to the other are my fave.

Also its not the worst end game, I think its the best. Once you hit dat end game, you have no choice but to play like those never made it past 40 hanger outers! So everyone gets to just 'live' in norrath.

but thats just my RP way of looking at life in norrath and it works for me :)

Bengala
06-30-2014, 09:46 PM
As this is my first toon here I am certainly not trying to rush to 60 and join a raiding guild. I woild love to raid, but it is not even on my radar yet. I came here to re-live that classic feeling I had playing since the second set of servers launched (Rodcet Nife), at least I think it was the second set. I was playing UO before EQ launched and hated it, well hated the PvP (sorry Red, never gonna join ya). I don't exactly mind the long camps. I managed to complete my epic, which blew chunks on the Ragefire camp, but it was a great feeling when I finally obtained my click stick. I bought a Paw of Opolla back on live and missed out on the Gynok camp, so I wanted to endure it this time around. I merely wanted to hear others horror stories to help pass the time between 16min spawns. I ended up meeting some cool and sympathetic people in the process, which is why I like this server so much that I have gotten 3 others to join up. Loving P99!!

Erati
06-30-2014, 09:52 PM
Gynok was the camp that welcomed me back to EQ when I found P99

I spent a good 15-17 hours there ( not straight ) over one weekend and swore the spawn was broken

I even made friends with those who camped it after me checking in if he ever popped

when he finally did he made up for it the following week spawning on some noobs who begged for someone to kill in the now retired global OOC which I quickly responded too :)

iruinedyourday
06-30-2014, 10:06 PM
FYI you guys should try through the Thex Mallet quest into your camp when doing this one :) make one, pop over to ec sell it do it again woot woot!

Iandyan
06-30-2014, 10:20 PM
Took me 33 PH spawns. Nothing like hitting that 3% spawn chance right on the dot.......

Auvdar
07-01-2014, 01:34 AM
As this is my first toon here I am certainly not trying to rush to 60 and join a raiding guild. I woild love to raid, but it is not even on my radar yet. I came here to re-live that classic feeling I had playing since the second set of servers launched (Rodcet Nife), at least I think it was the second set. I was playing UO before EQ launched and hated it, well hated the PvP (sorry Red, never gonna join ya). I don't exactly mind the long camps. I managed to complete my epic, which blew chunks on the Ragefire camp, but it was a great feeling when I finally obtained my click stick. I bought a Paw of Opolla back on live and missed out on the Gynok camp, so I wanted to endure it this time around. I merely wanted to hear others horror stories to help pass the time between 16min spawns. I ended up meeting some cool and sympathetic people in the process, which is why I like this server so much that I have gotten 3 others to join up. Loving P99!!

Do you remember the guild "Drunken Fishermen" on Rodcet Nife? That was my home server :)

Ikonoclastia
07-01-2014, 03:44 AM
Don't hate me but I found going in my afternoon (aussie time) period easy to get Gynok. First time I did for my druid and got it after the 8th spawn, deleted my druid though and a month later some guy asked if I'd help him get paw from sewers so helped him get that.

He didn't have the ring so I popped in in the wee hours US time and got gynok on 3rd spawn, dropped both plat and gold ring.

Bengala
07-01-2014, 07:59 AM
@Auvdar Certainly remember Drunken Fishermen

I feel Brell had blessed me for enduring Gynok. Managed to get both the drops I neede from mutant fungus in UGuk within 4 pops, thanks to the helpful hand of Sindragosa. I'll be heading over to Kerra Isle to wrap this quest tonight! Any sugestion for level appropriate quests for 30 Cleric? After a long green camp, it would be nice to squeeze in a level or two. I have read Swish's guide many time and have been solo at least 90% of the time. I suppose it is time for some hot group action.