PDA

View Full Version : For people having issues with the new patch files

Derubael
06-24-2014, 04:50 PM
This happens every patch ;)

Re-install Everquest to C:\Everquest (for the sake of being thorough, don't just copy/paste your folders into a new directory. Do an entirely new install). Then extract the new patch files and run launch_titanium.bat

You may need to fix the settings in your eqhost.ini file in regards to resolution if you are getting black screens/error messages.

Thulack
06-24-2014, 05:57 PM
Should make this a post that smacks people in the face the first time they check out these forums to save all the hassle. Is it written in the Get Started Guide to not install to program files folder in big letters?

Derubael
06-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Should make this a post that smacks people in the face the first time they check out these forums to save all the hassle. Is it written in the Get Started Guide to not install to program files folder in big letters?

I did a huge re-write to the getting started guide that includes this, as well as a huge number of much needed updates (no longer needing an eqemulator.org account, for example).

knix
06-24-2014, 11:49 PM
sorry i am calmer now

but halp , i cannot read my target, as a cleric i dont need to con the targets but i need to quickly be able to read which person i have targeted. the Non background makes it really difficult

aamok
06-25-2014, 01:57 AM
reinstalled twice and extracted patch files to my eq directory d:\everquest. i still get an error at login screen that says my spell file isn't up to date.

the second time i reinstalled i tried extracting the files individually to their correct folders as i heard this worked for some people.

no dice. still same error. blehh.

Bazia
06-25-2014, 04:47 AM
sorry i am calmer now

but halp , i cannot read my target, as a cleric i dont need to con the targets but i need to quickly be able to read which person i have targeted. the Non background makes it really difficult

I'm assuming you are talking about the Duxa UI

That's a UI issue not a server issue, the default UI has a solid background.

Ldarax
06-25-2014, 06:50 AM
Check the "Target window" on page http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/index.php?cid=97&dp=0&sh=full&so=desc&sb=lastupdate and make your pick.

Trebeh
06-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Got it