PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Non-DE Necro faction to the Neriak Necro guild among others

Catashe
06-24-2014, 03:55 PM
First off, I don't know how anyone is going to prove it cause I've been digging for clue most of the day and couldn't find anything but...

Currently, Erudite Necros are glaring threateningly to the DE necros when I know that shouldn't be since I had a Erudite Necro on live(and I'll freely admit now that was during the Velious era and I know we ain't quite there yet) and he was at least Dub if not Apprehensively and I honestly don't remember any major faction changes that could have changed faction standing that much in patches to make them from KOS to accepted. The only major faction thing I can remember is during the Velious area when they brought out the "considers you a Ally" con. I also find it kinda funny that I'm allowed everywhere in Neriak BUT the necro guild... I Dub to all the guilds and guards(except the people on The Dead faction which is their guild and 1 wandering guard and a mob in commons). Even the Cleric guild which what I found was ALOT less welcoming to most race/classes if you weren't a cleric worshiping Innoruuk but I can even get the letter from the FP necro guild to give to the Head Cleric in Neriak which means I'm high dub.

I also know gnome necros are KOS too which I find kinda funny to since they a "minor" ally to The Dead since they actually get a positive hit to The Dead when they turn in their note for their newbie robe.

I just find it funny that both neutral necro races are KOS to the Dead when you got those worthless X'ta sisters quests which currently can only be done by DE necros atm(not that they were WORTH doing anyway).

I would submit some evidence but I can't seem to find any which I guess is expected cause who posts what their starting faction was to certain areas of towns that weren't the major trading post. I can post the "vague" fourm posts I found about gnomes and erudite necros being welcome in this town and that but I couldn't find a post saying with certainly saying they aren't KOS

On a side note, currently on Live, Erudite Necros are actually Indifferent to The Dead which I find a major jump from glaring threateningly to indifferent when Devs normally didn't touch factions except the "ally" con thing during Velious.

One last thing, I did find a post on Alla back from like 2000/2001 that said Erudite Necros were glaring threateningly to the FP monks and yet are currently Dub(and no I've kill MAYBE 5 orc pawns since I made this char so I doubt that can be it)

EDIT- Well it took forever but I think I finally found something on the Alla archive http://web.archive.org/web/20030514032436/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/races.html?race=6&start=125

Posted @ Mon, Nov 20th 6:04 PM 2000
I wouldn't try to bank in fp if i were you..Neriak is just around the corner and you are not kos there, you can train and bank and shop there without any problems (get your bind in freeport though since it is a very slim slim chance that someone capable of binding you will be ok to enter Neriak)Also if you are just leaving erud and come to qeynos you are kos but you can ride right to the dock and stand on the end yelling for an invis, I have that in the catacombs there are sewer guards and if you don't know your way around it can be nasty (get a map and live with it by your side) If you get teleported by druids make sure you ask them to invis you first or you will be back where you started with your corpse in a druid ring and most rings have the druids at them (tox and butcherblock don't i have noticed)

Now they were talking about a SK in that post and replies but if a Erudite SK aren't KOS and can train,bank, and shop in Neriak, I would find it VERY odd that a Erudite Necro couldn't

EDIT2- I also looked up Gnome necro faction and found this http://web.archive.org/web/20040108040459/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/races.html?race=9&start=150

Posted @ Thu, Jan 4th 10:13 PM 2001
not true, if you happen to be a gnecro you can go almost anywhere in Neriak, even the foreign quarter, just make sure to use invis to undead or the ghouls will be the only thing I found to KoS you.

EDIT 3- A erudite Necro is supposed to be Dub to the Neriak casters guild but I'm currently threateningly too

Catashe
06-25-2014, 09:13 PM
No comment anyone?

Catashe
06-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Just a update, I made a human necro worshipping Innoruuk to Neriak to see what kind of faction I would get and he is apparently barely dub to The Dead and he should be at least Apprehensively or Indifferent(I think this one is more likely) and yet he is not and yet the Dismal Rage faction is supposedly to be allies to Neriak and the worshippers of Innoruuk and yet they are barely dub to them