PDA

View Full Version : New patch not working on a normal session of Windows 7... Help

Olidaen_Delacroix
06-24-2014, 12:37 PM
I unzipped the archive on my admin session on windows 7 and its working.

I did the same on my user account and it doesnt work. I tried to delete the files, then copy them. It's not working. I extracted them in a folder and copied / replaced them, it's not working.

Anyone else having issues with outdated spell files on a non-admin session of Windows 7?

Adanos
06-24-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm crashing before I get in on Win 7.

nilbog
06-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Move your /Everquest install directory to C:, or turn off UAC.

For true verification that they are being copied, browse to the folder and check the date on spells_us.txt.

Adanos
06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
I did both. Moved it to C:, turned off UAC, and checked the dates. Still crashing while trying to log in. I can get in on my win8 machine with no changes made at all.

nilbog
06-24-2014, 02:29 PM
That response was for the OP.

Adanos, at which step do you crash, and what happens? Error message? Details

Olidaen_Delacroix
06-24-2014, 02:32 PM
When i moved my Everquest install from C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony to C:\, the game was loading with a black screen, then i get on the characters screen still in black-screen, but i can see character's names (no more outdate spell files). Then it crashes... can't do anything.

I also disabled UAC, and it's not working.

Olidaen_Delacroix
06-24-2014, 02:34 PM
spells_us.txt's date is today's btw

Adanos
06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Nilbog, first thanks for helping with this.

I get to character select, I can see my characters, and I click to enter world and the crash report screen pops up.

nilbog
06-24-2014, 02:48 PM
When i moved my Everquest install from C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony to C:\, the game was loading with a black screen, then i get on the characters screen still in black-screen, but i can see character's names (no more outdate spell files). Then it crashes... can't do anything.

I also disabled UAC, and it's not working.

Are you positive you merged folders instead of overwriting them? Sounds like your spells issue is fixed but something went wrong in extraction process.

nilbog
06-24-2014, 02:54 PM
Nilbog, first thanks for helping with this.

I get to character select, I can see my characters, and I click to enter world and the crash report screen pops up.

What does the crash report say? Did you change your resolution ? If so, try lowering it to something like 800x600 until you get into the game.

Olidaen_Delacroix
06-24-2014, 02:59 PM
Are you positive you merged folders instead of overwriting them? Sounds like your spells issue is fixed but something went wrong in extraction process.

Completely positive. All files and folders from the archive have been correctly added. It is working correctly on the admin session, but not on the user session... no idea why.

Adanos
06-24-2014, 03:22 PM
I reinstalled completely...mine is now functional

Olidaen_Delacroix
06-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Oh well... i guess i'll have to reinstall too...

Alluveal
06-24-2014, 05:04 PM
FIXED! I am in. (Thanks to Nilbog and others here)

1. I uninstalled Titanium. (I had it installed in a "Program Files" folder, which I'm now learning was a mistake.)
2. Reinstalled the game in a new folder. I made C:\EQ
3. Followed instructions on "Setup Page" here on p1999. (Deleted the arena, nek, lava files listed).
4. Downloaded new patch.
5. Extracted patch into its own folder under "MyDocuments"
6. Copied files over. (Note, I did not copy whole FOLDERS over. I just copied the main files, then went into each sub folder, copied those files and pasted them into the game subfolders. Hope that makes sense.)

It works now. Reposting this on the other thread too. Hope that is okay.