PDA

View Full Version : Can my DOTs stack? (Shaman)

Rastignac
06-24-2014, 10:38 AM
Quick question. If I cast Tainted Breath on a mob (or player for that matter), is there any point in casting it again before the 42 seconds are up? Do they stack?

PixelFrenzy
06-24-2014, 10:50 AM
same one will not stack no

Rastignac
06-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the reply!

raka
06-24-2014, 10:53 AM
not the same spell.. but a higher version poison will stack with lower lvl poison.

ex. tainted breath + venom of snake

same for disease.

stack em up

Rastignac
06-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Haha, can't wait to have multiple Dots to stack! Sham seems fuuuuuun.

Kergan
06-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Diseases don't stack, poisons do.

Kergan
06-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Actually it looks like about this time last summer the disease stacking may have been changed/fixed?

Cid
06-24-2014, 02:13 PM
They all stack right now, which is kind of needed since shamans only get two types of dots until they get their epic.

It was changed on Live at some point to where they stopped stacking at all. I can specifically remember being in Cobalt Scar killing Wyverns and wishing I could stack my dots. I do not recall if that was before or after the Luclin release.
Eventually they made them all stack again, but I want to say that was during LDoN when they finally gave shamans a powerful line of Magic based dots with Voodoo names. I remember Anathema, Bane, and Juju.

I wish they would eventually release Luclin. I know a lot of people dislike it but I loved the AAs, especially the Cannibalize ability. It gets really old chaining Canni3 and having to avoid the second fake tick that can cause mistakes. Canni4 will help some but not enough when single buffing one melee costs over 1000 mana.
Plus Vex Thal was a really fun raid zone. Ssra Temple wasn't my favorite but the loot was amazing. You could raid in VT for a year and still never see the whole loot table. I think I raided it weekly for over 6 months and saw a total of about half the possible loot. Awesome TS modifiers, clickies like an invis mask with infinite charges, the fire elemental illusion for rog/bard.

Very few pieces there gave over 100hp or mana so there wasn't the huge difference in expansions like PoP was and everything that followed. The instant respawn trash mobs were annoying, especially when I was the only shaman but the challenge turned Vex Thal into my favorite raid zone until Inktu`ta in Gates of Discord.

Every shaman needs the 15% Alchemy modifier in VT. Right now it's not even possible to reach the skill lvl you are capable of at 60. No potion exceeds 170 trivial and the max skill is 180.

It gets old leveling a toon to 60 and practically putting them on the shelf because you have nothing to do. AA would change that and it took a whole lot longer to earn them in the Luclin era than it was in later expansions beginning with PoP.