PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Eset NOD32 virus warning

Asudad
06-23-2014, 10:34 PM
I am new to Project 1999 and all went well installing and modifying Everquest Platinum. I have tested it on PEQ The Grand Connection and it plays as intended. The problem I am running into is when I try to download the Project 1999 files V32. My antivirus software ESET NOD32 will not let it download and says it contains a possible threat called WIN32/Packed.Themida.

I researched and found that this could be a false positive because of Eset issues with Themida or it could contain a virus.

I have not seen anyone else posting to the forum problems downloading the update file, so I am assuming the problem is with Eset. Is it ok to go ahead and bypass the antivirus software and download the file?

a_gnoll_pup
06-24-2014, 06:07 AM
I am new to Project 1999 and all went well installing and modifying Everquest Platinum. I have tested it on PEQ The Grand Connection and it plays as intended. The problem I am running into is when I try to download the Project 1999 files V32. My antivirus software ESET NOD32 will not let it download and says it contains a possible threat called WIN32/Packed.Themida.

I researched and found that this could be a false positive because of Eset issues with Themida or it could contain a virus.

I have not seen anyone else posting to the forum problems downloading the update file, so I am assuming the problem is with Eset. Is it ok to go ahead and bypass the antivirus software and download the file?

Yes. Themida is what is used to pack the dsetup.dll.

Asudad
06-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the help! I was hoping that was it it was.