PDA

View Full Version : Returning, looking for some help.

jarlerop
06-23-2014, 06:45 PM
I quit this server about a year ago cause rl got in the way. Now that life allows i would love to fool around in this nostalgic game again. The problem is i gave away the little gear and pp i had to low level newcomers in ec when i left.
If anybody has anything for a darkelf necro laying around collecting dust i would be truly greatful, and return the favour once i get back to my feet :-)

Invoke
06-23-2014, 07:28 PM
You can make a few hundred plat in a day farming bone chips, silks and pelts. People might be more willing to help if you make the effort to help yourself first.

In fact I will buy spider silk and LQ pelts (wolf, cat or bear) for 1p each.

polishanarchy
06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
What level is your necromancer?

Keep any relevant research words you find - I'm happy to research them for you!

If you haven't already seen Sesserdrix's necromancer guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdrix%27s_All_in_One_Necromancer_Strategy_Gui de) on the wiki, I recommend it highly.

jarlerop
06-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Yea i guess I'm just a little too eager to get back :) Seems it will be ok naked. Boring, but ok.
Edit: Im 21 atm trying my luck in Lake Rathe.

polishanarchy
06-23-2014, 07:50 PM
We're really one of the best classes to go it naked! Gear follows pretty quick - you can get a decent robe as low as 100p.

Keep an eye out for words of possession, allure, and detachment, for your 24 pet spell. (I will be on the look out as well.)

jarlerop
06-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys. Will remember to keep an eye on words. I got my first item killing embalmer in rathe, pretty awesome :)

Invoke
06-23-2014, 09:07 PM
Yea man necros (or in my case a mage) can level with no gear. I just leveled my mage to 30 with just a stein of moggok that I quested for with my lowbie chanter.

At 29 you can start killing treants and make some nice plat. Another spot to check out is Paineel guards. I have heard they are good for making cash and can be done in the 20s. Should look it up. Since you're out by SK you might want to check out the hermit. Spawns every 3 mins and sometimes drops FS weapons.

jarlerop
06-24-2014, 02:40 AM
What treants at 29 are you talking about?
Btw i was testing out charming and root rotting some undeads last night, and it was awesome. Any ideas for good undead farming spots @ 21? Unrest, Guk (are there undeads in upper?) or Befallen maybe?

Ando
06-24-2014, 05:07 AM
Undead guk soloing is effectively off limits until 39, and I wouldn't recommend going there until 41+.

Invoke
06-24-2014, 02:29 PM
What treants at 29 are you talking about?

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Zone_southkarana.jpg

#2 on the map. Two static spawns and are single pulls. They cast DoTs that can be removed with cancel magic. Drop large amounts of silver and gold(around 12p worth), sometimes a staff that sells for 17p and some gems. Bind yourself at the centaur merchant(#4) to gate and sell as you will become encumbered pretty fast. You can make around 1-2k a level here. It does ruin your druid faction but being a DE Necro I doubt that's cause for concern.

I found the words of possession and detachment last night. Just need words of allure. :D

jarlerop
06-24-2014, 04:02 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Zone_southkarana.jpg

#2 on the map. Two static spawns and are single pulls. They cast DoTs that can be removed with cancel magic. Drop large amounts of silver and gold(around 12p worth), sometimes a staff that sells for 17p and some gems. Bind yourself at the centaur merchant(#4) to gate and sell as you will become encumbered pretty fast. You can make around 1-2k a level here. It does ruin your druid faction but being a DE Necro I doubt that's cause for concern.

I found the words of possession and detachment last night. Just need words of allure. :D

Nice, ill try this. I never actually whent to south karana on live, go figure :)
Thanks for the help!