PDA

View Full Version : Good undead camps for a 25 pally?

Shodo
06-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Thanks in advance for any input!

I've been leveling my pally on-and-off for a while now, and have been encountering the same problem time and again: when I have time to group (at least an hour or two), I can't find one. I try to start one when applicable, but the zones I've been hanging around (Unrest/MM) are usually overcamped as it is, hence why I can't find a group. So, I usually have to resort to soloing in the meantime. Which brings me back to the overcamped problem.

Any suggestions on other zones/camps I could try that are soloable as a 25 pally? Preferably something undead, and somewhat close to a nice dungeony groupy area for when I have time to group.

Only other camp I've heard about so far are the giant skellies in RM (which would be close to Guk or Paw) but I'm worried I would be too low level just yet. Any pallies had luck with that camp around the mid-twenties?

(Just for capability reference, I'm not super twinked or anything, but I do have a GB & ACGS + about 5k total in misc hp gear)

Daldaen
06-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Best bet is to hope you can find some of the unrest mobs available. That's what I do on my 22 paladin. If they aren't I just get on another toon.

Beyond Unrest in that level range there isn't much that is great exp. Those Rathe mountains skeletons are fine I suppose. Lake Rathetear has 2 undead stone skeletons but they are mages with pets so I doubt that's any good.

Wrench
06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Only other camp I've heard about so far are the giant skellies in RM (which would be close to Guk or Paw) but I'm worried I would be too low level just yet.

you cannnot kill them
so you say
try them! try them!
and you may
try them and you may i say

Brandonian10
06-23-2014, 10:25 PM
It's not undead, but the skulking brutes in the warslik's woods tunnels leading to dalnir were a great solo spot for my pally in his late 20's. I wanna say you could possibly do them now, they're only level 22 and I feel like I waited too long to start them. They are wimps, you shouldn't have to root/heal very many times per fight (i had mediocre gear with a baton of faith). Just post up next to the dalnir zoneline past the fake water. They are spaced far enough apart that you shouldnt even need lull if you're careful with your bow shots.

Only downside is it's kind of out of the way and there's not much for grouping. You might be able to do the fort if you get bored or the occasional dalnir group once you're a little higher.

Gustoo
06-23-2014, 11:36 PM
Unrest is the best undead up to like level 40 basically.

Don't waste time in kubark.

Ciroco
06-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Yeah, do giant skellies in RM. The single one at the tower is probably in your wheelhouse now; you can handle the higher ones at ruins later, but they tend to come in groups.

Xaval
06-24-2014, 05:12 AM
I stayed in unrest from 20 to 40, best exp I could find.
Then Lower guk, started at 40 and still great exp now (level 47 now)

Clark
07-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Najena skeletons or Unrest.

kaev
07-23-2014, 10:30 AM
Aren't Najena skels already green at 25?

dablackgoku1234
07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
I just bought a Sword of the Morning, should I invest in a Ghoulbane if I want to do Unrest? Does the proc rate of the Ghoulbane justify the difference in DPS vs the SotM?

Edit: only level 16 ATM. I have a Arbitor's Greatsword ready when I get double attack at level 20.

Velerin
07-23-2014, 11:06 AM
There's a handful of "a skeleton" in Najena that are level ~23ish. Great exp in that zone. Once you learn the spots you can do a rotation of about 4 plus the tent terrors. Even some of used to be light blues/now green give pretty decent exp around that level. Only downside is there are lots of annoying green trash you'll have to agro near the entrance as a paly.

Tuljin
07-24-2014, 12:27 PM
Around level 30 you'll want to take the Sword of Morning over the Ghoulbane because the procs from GB become way less devastating and you'll want the extra dps from the Sword. Unrest is really your best bet for XP and you'll have to go at times when its not crowded. When you get Stun at level 30 you'll be able to solo Festering Hags by using Stun and Bash to knock out their spells. This is dangerous and requires skill but they have low HP, when you fight melee mobs it will take a while to beat them down cause of high HP and low pal DPS and you'll drain your mana bar healing. You should find a Rogue to duo with - pal/rog is a great duo, esp when you get stun and you can wreck caster mobs.