PDA

View Full Version : PVP leaderboard is coming!

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 11:13 AM
It's coming, I am paying for it.

Here are some features I've got planned out.

- Dynamic ranking system.

This will not just be kill for kill. Points will be based off the difficulty of the target you kill.

IE you will not be able to just farm level 52's and become #1.

**I am also thinking about some way to add points for being outnumbered. This would rely on screenshots, so probably not possible.

- Bounty system

Certain players "as they move up" will become worth even more. Players will be able to place a bounty at NFP bank.

- Reward system

Possible PVP related items as rewards for those active in the pvp board.

- Notifications

If you sign up, you can receive your ranking via email. There will also be periodic in game announcements.

What others features would you guys like to see?

laite
06-22-2014, 11:18 AM
PRAS!!!! A point system that generates a profile based on kill ratios. Very nice !

Mac Drettj
06-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Unless rogean let's u plug right in your depending on logs from online level 1s and will fall into the same missing data problems that Elderan did.

A for effort

abbud
06-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Sounds awesome.

On behalf of Syft I would like to request some kind of "almost killed" counter. Maybe with some kind of screenshot "prof" verification. Elderan can berger out the numbers.

heartbrand
06-22-2014, 11:34 AM
My pvp board currently in development will alleviate that problem using proprietary code. Very excited for the launch.

Mac Drettj
06-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Pras hb

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Unless rogean let's u plug right in your depending on logs from online level 1s and will fall into the same missing data problems that Elderan did.

A for effort

Yea when server goes down it could be rough. I think we got a pretty good plan to have redundancy without having a bunch of a lvl 1's going.

It's going to required several of us to be sycing our logs as a fallback(incase server does go down). However, there will be a very easy way to dispute logs.

**If anyone outside of Azrael wants to assist with our logging system that would be awesome. I want it to be as transparent as possible.

Mac Drettj
06-22-2014, 11:42 AM
So your leader board is going to be built on the input from azrael members being online and sharing their logs with you?

Yeah sounds successful

heartbrand
06-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Shame they don't have my proprietary code to take care of that issue 8)

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 11:50 AM
So your leader board is going to be built on the input from azrael members being online and sharing their logs with you?

Yeah sounds successful

Nope, The backup is to have synced logs from other players who are willing to help. The logs will be reviewable, in real time and transparent on the site so that anyone can dispute. Credibility is the #1 goal.

mostbitter
06-22-2014, 11:53 AM
lol can't wait till oppressor gets upset and fucks with his own numbers making himself into elderaan the second

Elderan
06-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Nope, The backup is to have synced logs from other players who are willing to help. The logs will be reviewable, in real time and transparent on the site so that anyone can dispute. Credibility is the #1 goal.

In the beginning getting people to help with logs is not a problem. Its 6 months down the road when people care less that it becomes an issue. Also whenever you allow someone to submit logs you must have a second log verifying the data. Also the logs are based on your local PC time not the server time. So multiple people submitting logs will require time syncing which can be problematic since times can be off as much as 5 minutes.

I do with you luck with it though. Just keep in mind it will for sure be called out at some point for being "corrupt" no matter how much you try.

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 11:59 AM
?

I am offering for someone outside of Azrael to assist. I think it will need to be a community effort. I'd like to make it a joint effort, but I don't think that would happen. I'd definitely allow for oversight from someone in Nihilum. Do you have actual suggestions or just troll posts?

Mac Drettj
06-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Elderan came off very professional and polite, why are you opening a reply with '?' and asking if hes just trolling?

Get over your Nihilum v Azrael grudge if you want to be taken seriously.

mostbitter
06-22-2014, 12:11 PM
oppressors leader board already tainted with his evident bias

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Elderan came off very professional and polite, why are you opening a reply with '?' and asking if hes just trolling?

Get over your Nihilum v Azrael grudge if you want to be taken seriously.

That wasn't directed at him. Read the post above his.

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 12:13 PM
In the beginning getting people to help with logs is not a problem. Its 6 months down the road when people care less that it becomes an issue. Also whenever you allow someone to submit logs you must have a second log verifying the data. Also the logs are based on your local PC time not the server time. So multiple people submitting logs will require time syncing which can be problematic since times can be off as much as 5 minutes.

I do with you luck with it though. Just keep in mind it will for sure be called out at some point for being "corrupt" no matter how much you try.

Thanks man. I think you paved the way for something that was fun for a lot of us. You are right though, you can't make everyone happy.

quido
06-22-2014, 12:13 PM
lol can't wait till oppressor gets upset and fucks with his own numbers making himself into elderaan the second

lol you really think this is how most people would operate? Elderan's not exactly what we would call balanced

the new board will be just dandy and will be perfectly fair

laite
06-22-2014, 12:14 PM
so stoked about a PVP meter to show who is blue and who is not ;)

Mac Drettj
06-22-2014, 12:27 PM
the 40 azrael members that appeared for uncontested PD's but have vanished now are blue

dont need a leaderboard to figure dat 1 out

magician
06-22-2014, 12:29 PM
lmfao

Nirgon
06-22-2014, 12:34 PM
I hope you luck it through and don't get mad and change shit all the time

Jib
06-22-2014, 12:57 PM
pras OP
pras legit leaders board

Supaskillz
06-22-2014, 01:00 PM
how do you plan to rank difficulty? logs cant tell you levels, classes, etc.

How do you know if someone is outnumbered?

vinnidel
06-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Should definitely use/integrate hb's "proprietary code" imo. Heard it even has a special feature to discount the points of YT that was achieved through heavy use of "packet lagging" software (such software effectively lags packets in order to make the packet laggier, essentially resulting in a packet with lag. Blacks.)

Gaffin 7.0
06-22-2014, 01:06 PM
cant wait /yawn

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 01:08 PM
how do you plan to rank difficulty? logs cant tell you levels, classes, etc.

How do you know if someone is outnumbered?

That's a great question. There is basically no way to to track assists or if someone is out numbered with logs. I was thinking of a screenshot submit option that would require review.

Any of the options are going to be hard to implement and execute.

Difficulty is a lot easier because you can use already acquired data and rankings.

The more specific you get with what you want to account for the harder it becomes to track. I think there is a definitely some middle ground that would be easy to do and still rewarding.

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Should definitely use/integrate hb's "proprietary code" imo. Heard it even has a special feature to discount the points of YT that was achieved through heavy use of "packet lagging" software (such software effectively lags packets in order to make the packet laggier, essentially resulting in a packet with lag. Blacks.)

Yah meso is too busy working on the packet lagger that lags packets... Else he would be helping develop this. We are worried though that Jupe is on to him.

vinnidel
06-22-2014, 01:23 PM
Jupe is on to him.

ya, tread lightly. luckily for meso it's not autism awareness month any longer.

Kergan
06-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Only way you're going to get a legit "difficulty" ranking is either based it off K/D ratio (which you can track) or ask people to opt in to the system by submitting their level/class and keeping it updated. Maybe flag anyone who registers a kill or death to a level 60 as a top tier type of character.

Colgate
06-22-2014, 02:51 PM
needs killcam replays

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 02:54 PM
needs killcam replays

lol..

We were thinking of allowing the victor to submit a screenshot that correlates to that kill.

Colgate
06-22-2014, 03:02 PM
don't implement features that require manual work which will burn you out

plus i don't think you want to sift through all the gore and dickpix to find a screenshot

iiNGloriouS
06-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Blacks.)

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Indeed+similar+to+how+quot+inversed+quot+and+inver ted+quot+are+similar+words+_84465b426c57c4ac5e109d f62db25d17.jpg

Pitborn
06-22-2014, 05:24 PM
The same guy who took 3 years to learn how to add his sig in properly is in charge of this.

Just saying.

Not Salem
06-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Will you board have a switch allowing you to hide all Nihilum kills? We could use that anytime we lose a fight.

Feniggles
06-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Will you board have a switch allowing you to hide all Nihilum kills? We could use that anytime we lose a fight.

you have to not be banned and actually log in for it to matter anyway

Not Salem
06-22-2014, 06:21 PM
keep that fraps running pal

http://i.imgur.com/fa4s5xz.jpg

Aussie
06-22-2014, 06:46 PM
don't implement features that require manual work which will burn you out

I just want to reiterate this. Submitting screenshots for being outnumbered, while it sounds great - is alot of work behind the scenes to verify etc.

Im interested to how your going to place a bounty on someone at NFP bank?

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 06:50 PM
keep that fraps running pal

http://i.imgur.com/fa4s5xz.jpg

If you look closely you can see that salems using packet lagger Vers 3.7.1... Only a few of the brightest minds (agatha and jupe) can explain it.. Case building.

mikemandella
06-22-2014, 06:55 PM
I just want to reiterate this. Submitting screenshots for being outnumbered, while it sounds great - is alot of work behind the scenes to verify etc.

Im interested to how your going to place a bounty on someone at NFP bank?

An idea was proposed to have a bounty PC , whoever wanted to at certain times could place a bounty. Obviously it would just be a PC that would accept plat via trade.

It's an interesting idea.

Yes I agree the screenshots seems a bit of a stretch to pull off. Thanks for the feedback!

Mac Drettj
06-22-2014, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a lot of private tunnel and 3rd party programs

LulzSect
06-22-2014, 08:15 PM
How many felonies does it take to create a Leaderboard?

Not Salem
06-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Depends how many times they have been convicted

laite
06-22-2014, 08:40 PM
http://www.toughpigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Countblocks3.jpg?9d7bd4

Farzo
06-22-2014, 09:35 PM
Only new to this server but I can tell you now that won't work - I already know for a fact most pvp battles are done near ZLs and lots of kills are zerg/2-3-4v1

So to create a legit leaderboard would need weekly tournament where it can be recorded/witnessed.

FaithlessKR
06-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Only new to this server but I can tell you now that won't work - I already know for a fact most pvp battles are done near ZLs and lots of kills are zerg/2-3-4v1

So to create a legit leaderboard would need weekly tournament where it can be recorded/witnessed.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/42962234.jpg

Farzo
06-22-2014, 10:43 PM
^doesn't want to face the truth.

Farzo
06-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Not to mention oor healing 2box buffing etc etc.

FaithlessKR
06-22-2014, 11:20 PM
^doesn't want to face the truth.

Newsflash, server already had a leaderboard for several months. None of the factors you gave would affect whether or not a leaderboard will work....but hey troll on.

Lyzard
06-23-2014, 05:17 AM
This will be SAVAGE!

iiNGloriouS
06-23-2014, 05:22 AM
Newsflash, server already had a leaderboard for several months. None of the factors you gave would affect whether or not a leaderboard will work....but hey troll on.

iiNGloriouS
06-23-2014, 05:22 AM
I commend Oppressor for trying to create a dynamic leaderboard. Will give him some DOTA items for his valiant efforts.

Nocsucow
06-23-2014, 05:25 AM
great idea .... put a category in the for escaping Pvp when out numbered ... I would be master of that shit been on server like 2 months been YT'd twice

Farzo
06-24-2014, 02:59 AM

You're completely missing the point.

If you want a true reflection of a so-called pvp leaderboard then you need to discount the oor heals/buffs/zerk kills. Because you cannot live in denial that a chunk of kills outside of raid pvp ( which I have no knowledge of yet ) occur with someone been buffed/oor healed or zerk killing.

Unless rogean/emu contributors put their time in to make a server end system you can never have a true system UNLESS it's organized tournaments where it is recorded.

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 10v10 etc but then it's world of warcraft arena type shit and more time for people to donate etc etc.

Which isn't going to happen.

So a warped kill/death ratio is probably the best you could get for a pvp leaderboard...

Farzo
06-24-2014, 03:02 AM
great idea .... put a category in the for escaping Pvp when out numbered ... I would be master of that shit been on server like 2 months been YT'd twice

Lol I would be too, LoH an ZL is mah friend.

Colgate
06-24-2014, 03:03 AM
leaderboards are dumb on eq

Farzo
06-24-2014, 03:10 AM
^What he said - game is not built for it....rely on notoriety only 300-400 people play on red anyhow; if you're a baller PvP; people will know your name.

FaithlessKR
06-24-2014, 03:12 AM
You're completely missing the point.

If you want a true reflection of a so-called pvp leaderboard then you need to discount the oor heals/buffs/zerk kills. Because you cannot live in denial that a chunk of kills outside of raid pvp ( which I have no knowledge of yet ) occur with someone been buffed/oor healed or zerk killing.

Unless rogean/emu contributors put their time in to make a server end system you can never have a true system UNLESS it's organized tournaments where it is recorded.

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 10v10 etc but then it's world of warcraft arena type shit and more time for people to donate etc etc.

Which isn't going to happen.

So a warped kill/death ratio is probably the best you could get for a pvp leaderboard...

Your perception of an everquest pvp server is seriously off, and you should work on that before coming to this forum dribbling nonsense like that.

Farzo
06-24-2014, 03:16 AM
Maybe you've been 60 for too long and grandfathered yourself and dunno what it's like to be in the 50's an have to contend with said pvp senario's.

FaithlessKR
06-24-2014, 04:11 AM
If that's your argument, then there's really nothing left for me to say. You're non-factoring yourself essentially lol

Hamburgalur
06-24-2014, 05:35 AM
Stop trying to make pvp leaderboard happen. It's not going to happen.

Kergan
06-24-2014, 09:38 AM
leaderboards are dumb on eq

Yep.

List of things off the top of my head why leaderboards are dumb:

1. Good luck getting kill shots on ench, shm, cleric, paladin, ranger, etc, at least relative to disc'ing rog/monks, wizards, SKs harm touching and so on.
2. No reasonable way to track assists.
3. No reasonable way to track naked/bind kills, people afk, people disconnected, etc.
4. Never has and never will be a measure of any sort of skill but some 'tards will treat it as such.

The beauty of EQ PVP is the ability to fight over something meaningful. Leaderboards pretty much enforce the exact opposite - low risk gank squads porting all over picking people off running to the bank or exp'ing.

FaithlessKR
06-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Yep.

List of things off the top of my head why leaderboards are dumb:

1. Good luck getting kill shots on ench, shm, cleric, paladin, ranger, etc, at least relative to disc'ing rog/monks, wizards, SKs harm touching and so on.
2. No reasonable way to track assists.
3. No reasonable way to track naked/bind kills, people afk, people disconnected, etc.
4. Never has and never will be a measure of any sort of skill but some 'tards will treat it as such.

The beauty of EQ PVP is the ability to fight over something meaningful. Leaderboards pretty much enforce the exact opposite - low risk gank squads porting all over picking people off running to the bank or exp'ing.

Never seen someone sound so blue in a post where they're trying to talk about pvp