PDA

View Full Version : Iksar Necro ?

skottomania
06-20-2014, 09:21 AM
Hey all, I gots me a Ikky Necro. Just turned 18. I've been beating on some things in LOIO, but I wanna get out into the big wide world. Whereabouts am I able to access vendors? For instance, areas/zones in and/or around Oasis, the Karanas, Highpass, or whatever.

I'm just crossing my fingers that I won't have to go all the way to and from Kunark in order to sell things.

Coan
06-20-2014, 09:21 AM
FD is your friend

Tecmos Deception
06-20-2014, 10:09 AM
FD is your friend

FD doesn't let you use vendors on p99.

First hit on a google search: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33015

Daldaen
06-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Druid vendors at Druid rings (Lava, Butcher, Tox, Karana, Steamfont, Commons) are all friendly to everyone.

Druid vendors at (Karana, Commons) are nearby KoS Druids and are unwise to sell at. Commons you can sell at if you're careful, but Karana will get you killed most likely.

Personally I just try to grab a port on my necro and sell to those vendors as needed.

Uteunayr
06-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Druid vendors at Druid rings (Lava, Butcher, Tox, Karana, Steamfont, Commons) are all friendly to everyone.

Druid vendors at (Karana, Commons) are nearby KoS Druids and are unwise to sell at. Commons you can sell at if you're careful, but Karana will get you killed most likely.

Personally I just try to grab a port on my necro and sell to those vendors as needed.

Pretty much this. Add on:

Toxdil in the North tunnel in West Freeport.

Gypsy Camps (Oasis, North Karana, Rathe Mountains).

Ogres in Lake Rathe are friendly, I believe.

If I remember correctly, the Bloodsabers (Evil Qeynos Guild) is friendly to Iksar Necromancers from the start.

NegaStoat
06-21-2014, 01:57 AM
As an Iksar, if you stray over to Faydwer for some odd reason, the druid circle vendor in Butcherblock and Steamfont will both deal with you. As usual, you can bank in Kelethin by clicking on the banker through the building window as well as bank in Felwithe by clicking on the banker on the left side of the inside wall, with you on the right side of it.

If you were curious, the Timorous Deep firepot room exit point for Kelethin safely places you outside of the aggro range of guards in Gfay, so iksar without Invis can do this if they're desperate.

Potus
06-21-2014, 02:41 AM
If you're 18, I recommend going to Crushbone and blowing up orcs for 3-4 levels. The reason being that not only is it good experience, but you can get friendly with Dwarf merchants, which will allow you to then go to Sister Island at 23-24, and you can sell to the dwarf on the island.

Sisters are the best exp/loot in my opinion, and it's amazing being able to sell 10pp swords right there to the dwarf on the island every 3 minutes.

Ando
06-21-2014, 06:07 PM
which will allow you to then go to Sister Island at 23-24, and you can sell to the dwarf on the island.

Going before 26 at the EARLIEST is just asking to die. Those sisters have extremely high resists.

Potus
06-21-2014, 09:41 PM
I did them at 24? Shock of Poison lands pretty reliably. You can push it back and do Gargoyles then Sisters.

skulldudes
06-23-2014, 05:31 AM
could always do red wine faction quest in neriak.

that's what i did on my lizard sk. still gotta be careful, some guilds and a roamer or two will still kill the shit out of you. easy to stay safe to vendors/bank with invis.

Nagash
06-23-2014, 01:52 PM
In 52 levels I never had an issue with finding a merchant to deal with. Granted they won't all deal with you (far from it) but I wouldn't put that among the list of issues.

Duckwalk
06-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Erudite in HHK will sell to you and can bank there with FD.

Kekephee
06-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Hey all, I gots me a Ikky Necro. Just turned 18. I've been beating on some things in LOIO, but I wanna get out into the big wide world. Whereabouts am I able to access vendors? For instance, areas/zones in and/or around Oasis, the Karanas, Highpass, or whatever.

I'm just crossing my fingers that I won't have to go all the way to and from Kunark in order to sell things.

At your level, you could consider going to Highpass, joining a shralok orc group, and getting exp as you also get faction to be able to bank in Highpass Keep/do orcs scalps and goblin ears for exp and freeport faction. Unlocking Highpass factions is a big step for evil races who want to faction with freeport.

Duckwalk
06-23-2014, 03:27 PM
At your level, you could consider going to Highpass, joining a shralok orc group, and getting exp as you also get faction to be able to bank in Highpass Keep/do orcs scalps and goblin ears for exp and freeport faction. Unlocking Highpass factions is a big step for evil races who want to faction with freeport.

Or you can start killing guards there ~25 and snag fine steel swords every kill (and still vendor with the erudite in one of the side rooms and bank downstairs with FD.

Tewaz
06-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Iksar Necros get a ton of help at 34 with Lich. It allows you to go more places non-kos and access many more vendors. Once you hit 34, this becomes a non-issue.

Kekephee
06-23-2014, 04:20 PM
Or you can start killing guards there ~25 and snag fine steel swords every kill (and still vendor with the erudite in one of the side rooms and bank downstairs with FD.

Also this will get you NFP faction so if you fix your coalition of tradefolk shit you can bank in NFP.

Both options, depending on what you want. At level 18 I don't think it's extremely practical to grind on Freeport guards, so you may want to initially go with the Highpass option at least until you're high enough to kill the guards that matter instead of having to sit at the inn/tollbooth for years killing one single mob over and over and over again.