PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bug

wimlin
06-20-2014, 03:34 AM
I am a caster. If i bind myself in a zone for safety so I can gate when in trouble should a mob I aggro be able to nuke me from halfway across the zone if its a caster? For instance tonight I aggro the sarnak chancellor and realize I can't take it(because hes a shaman). I am bound near the FV zoneline and he starts casting a nuke on me as I gate. Nuke hits me and kills me near the FV zoneline. I've actually experienced this many times so totally reproducible, but this is the first time it actually killed me. Is this working as intended because I know it didn't work this way when I started playing in early velious.

quido
06-20-2014, 03:55 AM
Intended? Yes.

Correct? Not sure

BlkCamel
06-20-2014, 04:22 AM
This was patched in on the last patch to give casters unlimited range, supposedly classic only has an initial range check on cast and not on completion for NPC's. I don't know either if this is correct but kind of makes sense as I remember my monk getting nuked after fd'ing around corner's into Velious. The LoS stuff is the part I have most question about.

wimlin
06-20-2014, 11:27 AM
This was patched in on the last patch to give casters unlimited range, supposedly classic only has an initial range check on cast and not on completion for NPC's. I don't know either if this is correct but kind of makes sense as I remember my monk getting nuked after fd'ing around corner's into Velious. The LoS stuff is the part I have most question about.

I don't recall this being the case on classic. I do what i am doing now and lot and this never happened to me. I get nuked all the time on here when gating to get away from a cater though. Are you saying if I log into a live server now and try this I will see the same thing?

Dillian
06-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Live isnt Classic. They have changed so much there.