PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Charm Question

Halius
06-19-2014, 04:01 PM
Quick question for a newbie enchanter. Is it worth it to Tash mobs before you charm them at my level (13)? Right now I have just been charming, sending it in on another mob, hiding to break charm and killing both mobs. I have had charms break a few times in the middle of the fight but never died from it. So anyways, is tash really only worth it at higher levels when you are gonna keep the mob for more than one fight? Thank you!

Frug
06-19-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm not much higher level than you, but I always tash. It's a fast cast, low mana, and affects the #2 thing in charm breaking % (MR).

Nightbear
06-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Always tash. Stun/Mez/Tash/Charm. Lower levels you can get away with Stun and Charm when tash is still up.

Pringles
06-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Charm duration is based on periodic resist checks (up to a maximum of the spells duration), always tash / debuff (this is why a tash + malo from a shaman is so amazing)

Halius
06-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Charm duration is based on periodic resist checks (up to a maximum of the spells duration), always tash / debuff (this is why a tash + malo from a shaman is so amazing)

Got it, makes sense why it is so important then, I just assumed it was used for the initial check. I guess it also makes more sense why enchanters buy -MR stuff to give to pets. Thanks all for the info!