-Fix things
-Beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Give free reign to beta testers to #zone, people are #leveled and geared
-Raid content gets beta tested
-Beta testers submit things
-Majority of posted bugs and issues are fixed
-Continue development.
-Huge dispute with people claiming that no more than 20-50 people would play unless there was 2 boxing
-Rebellion is quelled. People get mad.
-Beta community presses hard for release of server claiming it has been too long in development
-Give 2 week notice that beta was ending and server would fully launch.
-New beta testers submit LOTs of things
-Fix things
-Partially convinced by months of argument that the server would soon need 2 boxing, estimated players were quite low.
-Last day of beta.. raid content is further tested.
-Beta ends
-Clear character data, inventories, etc in preparation of launch.
-Server launches
-Oh fux, there are hundreds of people. Upload speed available in my area insufficient.
-Start looking for new hosting enviroment
-Doom and gloom as lag monster consumes everyone
-Rogean offers temporary hosting
-<3 Rogean, connection upgraded to ludicrous speed
-People are happy, mostly
-Threats start, out of control ooc
-Bannings occur. Threats, insanity, etc.
-Exploits handled. People are warned/punished as needed.
-Rogean joins development as Server Administrator
-project1999.org is established
-ddos person gets upset for various rules they disagreed with
-ddos attacks begin
-terrorist demands: ease up on the ooc chat rules, unban the people that were banned*i assume that was the only for sure way they could play without singling out themselves as the attacker.
-We decide to give everyone another chance
-massive complaints about game mechanics, melee, and various bugs
-development works and fixes while simultaneously trying to configure all the tools and connections to do their work safely.
-GMs overloaded by amounts of petitions
-Isolated hurt butts all around norrath
-Working enviroment reestablished, continue work
-ddos guy /attack
-Refusal of any further terrorist demands..
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of gm favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of IB favoritism, review logs. listen to testimonials
-ddos guy /attack
-fixes and work in general slow down as full time petition support and is required.
-ddos guy /attack
-conspiracy theories are grown. time wasted explaining the lunacy.
-EQemu is terminated for constant attacks. loginservers, irc, webpage, etc
-p1999 and the loginservers brought back up.
-claims of any drama that could be conjured or molded from conjecture + exasperation
-webpage is brought back up
-strong urge to ban my problems, not my players. have you asked yourself lately which you are?

here are some facts:

-not all GMs are developers.
-most GMs have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-you have no idea how certain scripts work or are written.
-scripts are being further tweaked and rewritten due to the certain effects ceasing to function after engagement.
-GMs do not want to interfere with you. they want to solve your problem and put you on your way.
-there are GM guidelines which they agreed to follow that you know nothing about
-player or GM punishment is none of your business.
-if you bring your problem to the forums, it should be unresolvable via PM.
-the more idiocy that is in general chat, the less new people that will play here.
-GMs absolutely do NOT want a rotation schedule. I can provide you with screenshots to both your guild leaders as well as instructions to my GMs to have you resolve the issue yourselves. Don't paint a picture like thats what we want.
-I understand why daxum quit developing VZTZ as well as his farewell message. http://forums.pwnedemu.com/
-I wanted to play on this server. I do not anymore.
-I will only say things once. Not request them anymore.
-Bullshit will stop immediately. Don't make me stop it for you.

Goobles
12-18-2009, 06:30 PM
I don't like crying about rotations, part of the reason I left IB. I'm not going to let a guild tag tell me who I can be friends with, and who I can associate with.

Bigcountry23
12-18-2009, 06:36 PM
-Oh fux, there are hundreds of people.
Made me smile

Makes me sad.

This is your sandbox man and I fully support making problems go away if they do not go away on thier own.

Penoy
12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately one guild wants to control the world of norrath!!! they were laughing at recruiting Transcendance members especially they said they needed to get there wizards so they couldnt port to hate.. LUL

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Project 1999 Inspired by true events.

Want to know how you got to this point?

-Begin work solo.
-Make sweet love to waybackmachine, daily
-Recruit some help.
-Open beta testing for a year
-Fix things
-Fix things
-Continue development.
-Huge dispute with people claiming that no more than 20-50 people would play unless there was 2 boxing
-Beta community presses hard for release of server claiming it has been too long in development
-Fix things
-Partially convinced by months of argument that the server would soon need 2 boxing, estimated players were quite low.
-Beta ends
-Server launches
-Oh fux, there are hundreds of people. Upload speed available in my area insufficient.
-ddos attacks begin
-terrorist demands: ease up on the ooc chat rules, unban the people that were banned*i assume that was the only for sure way they could play without singling out themselves as the attacker.
-development works and fixes while simultaneously trying to configure all the tools and connections to do their work safely.
-ddos guy /attack
-ddos guy /attack
-ddos guy /attack
-ddos guy /attack
-fixes and work in general slow down as full time petition support and is required.
-ddos guy /attack
-claims of any drama that could be conjured or molded from conjecture + exasperation
-strong urge to ban my problems, not my players. have you asked yourself lately which you are?

here are some facts:

-scripts are being further tweaked and rewritten due to the certain effects ceasing to function after engagement.
-GMs do not want to interfere with you. they want to solve your problem and put you on your way.
-there are GM guidelines which they agreed to follow that you know nothing about
-the more idiocy that is in general chat, the less new people that will play here.
-GMs absolutely do NOT want a rotation schedule. I can provide you with screenshots to both your guild leaders as well as instructions to my GMs to have you resolve the issue yourselves. Don't paint a picture like thats what we want.
-I understand why daxum quit developing VZTZ as well as his farewell message. http://forums.pwnedemu.com/

First I want to say thank you for having this server. I do not intend to offend but rather be blunt as to what is happening.

I disagree with these points Nilbog:

We are on a forced rotation system because it is GM imposed. It is the interference that has caused this. Solving problems is interference.

A simple rule of first to engage policy would have been sufficient. Otto is a great guildleader and if Transcendence had engaged any raid encounter before we did we would have backed off.

I have put a lot of time on your server and so have many others. This rotation system and any rotation system takes away the effort I have put into my character as someone can roll up a character tomorrow, level to 50 and have equal chance at everything I have been working hard for these past 2 months. I do not believe Wenai understands this concept.

Hasbinbad
12-18-2009, 06:41 PM
I have recently started a blitz campaign on your forums because I saw nothing happening to address valid issues.

Now that I see this, I will stop. Thank you for at least acknowledging that there is a problem.

I understand that punishment isn't any of my business, all I can ask for is that the shady behavior stop one way or another, but that's up to you dude. I hope that in the future we can all have a more ethical EQ experience.

Villide
12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks Nilbog - I think this is an important reminder to the drama queens who need to find the conspiracy theory in every decision made on the server.

You and your crew have worked your asses off on P1999, in exchange for being treated pretty much like shit on these forums. So don't forget that the (mostly) quiet group of players on the server is grateful for what you've given us. Maybe we just need to quit being so quiet about it!

I hope you all have a great holiday season, and are able to at some point enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Witness
12-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I know next to nothing about ddos or server or stuff, but are we safe from ddos attacks now that we have new stuff up?

Villide
12-18-2009, 06:46 PM
I have put a lot of time on your server and so have many others. This rotation system and any rotation system takes away the effort I have put into my character as someone can roll up a character tomorrow, level to 50 and have equal chance at everything I have been working hard for these past 2 months. I do not believe Wenai understands this concept.
If you have decided to make P1999 more of a job than a game, that's not Nilbog's fault.

But this probably explains the vigor with which you high-enders are attacking the forums these days.

Penoy
12-18-2009, 06:48 PM
If you have decided to make P1999 more of a job than a game, that's not Nilbog's fault.

But this probably explains the vigor with which you high-enders are attacking the forums these days.

It just that they want to control the server... they got mad that transcendance had an applicable raid force at the dragons spawn like 7 hours before spawn, and they got pissed and felt belittled, and said that they would just come in and KS, which is hypocritcal because they ranted on me for "KSing" EE lol

Widan
12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I have recently started a blitz campaign on your forums because I saw nothing happening to address valid issues.

Lol. You realize this is a free video game that you're supposed to have fun with right?

Reiker
12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
I don't like crying about rotations, part of the reason I left IB. I'm not going to let a guild tag tell me who I can be friends with, and who I can associate with.

Give me a break. No part of IB says you have to hate x guild or people. You left because you went crazy, you came back and begged to let you raid with us again. You came to fear and then proceeded to piss everyone off, and then you sent me a sob story about all you wanted to do was raid with IB and you feel picked on. Grow up. Looks like Transcendence doesn't even like putting up with you.

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 06:52 PM

So me being on this server and putting a lot of time and effort should mean nothing? Everquest has always worked on the principle of time. More time more rewards.

I mean it's like kicking me out of the frenzy camp because I was there first. We don't do that with camps do we? If you're at a camp it's yours until you get out.

Why are we treating raid encounters any different?

Reiker
12-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Btw Nilbog, I say this with respect, but I don't get the point of most of your message. I have a problem with this though:

You don't want people complaining but you also don't want transparency. When your own GMs are caught exploiting and go unpunished, its insane to not expect public outcry. You mention VZTZ, a server that many people left due to GM corruption. Do you want that repeated here? You mention new people not wanting to play because of the drama, but the drama is caused by your current player base being upset with some going ons in the first place.

Penoy
12-18-2009, 06:55 PM
So me being on this server and putting a lot of time and effort should mean nothing? Everquest has always worked on the principle of time. More time more rewards.

I mean it's like kicking me out of the frenzy camp because I was there first. We don't do that with camps do we? If you're at a camp it's yours until you get out.

LOL... Transcendance were waiting at raid encounters at least 7 hours before hand, so what your saying is that the camp is rightfully theres??..... Then Why the fuck was IB crying and threatening to KS...

Bigcountry23
12-18-2009, 06:57 PM

Yes, but by your earlier comment if somone who has less play time than you is at the Frenzy camp, they should give it to you becasue you have "put in more time".

This rotation system and any rotation system takes away the effort I have put into my character as someone can roll up a character tomorrow, level to 50 and have equal chance at everything I have been working hard for these past 2 months.

Villide
12-18-2009, 07:00 PM

I'm saying it's a game...and it's been provided free of charge. I giggle every time I see someone talk about their time spent on this server as if they'd just finished up a day working in the coal mines.

I'm not telling you how to spend your free time, I'm just wondering if a little bit of perspective (such as standing in someone else's shoes) might not be in order.

Bubbles
12-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Btw Nilbog, I say this with respect, but I don't get the point of most of your message. I have a problem with this though:

You don't want people complaining but you also don't want transparency. When your own GMs are caught exploiting and go unpunished, its insane to not expect public outcry. You mention VZTZ, a server that many people left due to GM corruption. Do you want that repeated here? You mention new people not wanting to play because of the drama, but the drama is caused by your current player base being upset with some going ons in the first place.

He wants you to shut the f*ck up and enjoy the server he created.

Any particular language you want that spelled out in? I thought he was concise enough about it.

Seriously, give it a rest. If the boards and /ooc were gone tomorrow, it'd be a happer place.

The vast majority don't care what goes on in the upper tier, and have no desire to hear about it.

The thing with leverage is: you have to believe that they care whether you play at all on their server, and then you have to also believe that you are important enough to be answered to 24/7. It's a big no on both accounts.

If they really were concerned about this server going the way of VZ/TZ, they'd start instabanning all the 'angries'.

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 07:02 PM
LOL... Transcendance were waiting at raid encounters at least 7 hours before hand, so what your saying is that the camp is rightfully theres??..... Then Why the fuck was IB crying and threatening to KS...

This is not true.

This happened during the Vox raid that Trans was doing. We waited and allowed Transcendence to engage. We would have moved in had there been a legitimate wipe.

Otto said that we would not do this because the DDOS attack happened, which caused Transcendence to wipe due to lag.

We understand that it was their kill. They camped and were there.

But let me tell you something. If you were camped at the frenzy spawn all by yourself and you could not take it, then the camp is not yours. The same thing should apply to any raid encounter. Just because your butt is physically there, does not mean you can just claim it. You got to be able to do it. This is how it's always been for all of us in EverQuest. To follow these rules and magically make raid encounters different is ridiculous.

First to engage. If Transcendence was in Permafrost and had the raid force to encounter Lady Vox, we would be more than willing to let them take the encounter. You can best be assured though that if they wipe we would take a jab at it. If you want classic, that's how it was.

nilbog
12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Reiker,

On live, no player was made known of another player's punishment. If the problem you were having as a player and petitioned ceased, then you could assume that it was handled. I will NOT tell anyone how someone was punished nor will I tell the offender who petitioned against them.

If you don't trust me, then I have nothing else to say. My post should have summed it up. This is the last chance for you guys to stop wasting my time and forum reading time. I'm here for the server, not for individuals.

To everyone else,

I will not be monitoring this thread.. but if it becomes a rants and flames candidate, I will just delete the posts. I meant the shit the first time I said it, please comfort each other.

Zexa
12-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks for giving us a response from the very top, Nilbog. This is definitely what I have been looking for, and though it's very subtle I completely understand where it's going.

Unfortunately it's saying that this server will never be anything like a Classic server was. We rolled into your project that was probably initially just designed to be a pet project for your own enjoyment and it sounds like you signed up for a lot more than you were aware of. Being such a small project, the resources to address inter-guild conflicts and bugged content in a manner and time frame that SoE left us expecting is just impossible. I'm assuming that you are the only person who has final say on big issues and no matter how many GMs or Devs are online, anything that we bicker about on the forums will have to be approved or vetoed by you, and that would require more time than any one person could give it seems.

Regardless, it has been a fun run up to this part of the game.

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, but by your earlier comment if somone who has less play time than you is at the Frenzy camp, they should give it to you becasue you have "put in more time".

That's not true. If it is my failure to claim a camp and you are there before me it is yours.

This is what Wenai has basically done:

Imagine me being at frenzy camp. I was there before all of you and I was killing and having a fun time. Backpacks were full of FBSS!

Then Wenai comes in and says, "Dartagnan has too many FBSS's and you have been here too much. I am putting this camp on rotation because others need FBSS too. As such, you will all now rotate.

That's bogus and it is exactly what has happened.

None of you would allow this to happen if you were legitimately at a place before others. It is the one rule of EverQuest that is literally followed no matter what server you are on. If you have a camp, it's yours. You get your item, got to go to bed etc., you relinquish said camp and then next in line gets it.

If you truly believed in this rotation crap, then all our camps on this server should go on rotation because it's not fair that people should be able to camp tons of manastones or whatever else.

Dartagnan
12-18-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm saying it's a game...and it's been provided free of charge. I giggle every time I see someone talk about their time spent on this server as if they'd just finished up a day working in the coal mines.

I'm not telling you how to spend your free time, I'm just wondering if a little bit of perspective (such as standing in someone else's shoes) might not be in order.

Thank you, it is my time and I choose to spend it how I want.

You mean to tell me that if you got the manastone camp, you would put it on rotation? Every spawn someone else would get to kill it until you did?

Sorry, but I have never experienced EverQuest that way. You get there first, it's yours. If someone else beats you to it, it's theirs.

Remember Jboot camps? They didn't put those on rotation did they. You waited in line in hopes of getting into the group so you could /random for it. You didn't just walk up there and announce to them that you guys spend too much time there. I force a rotation of this spawn!

Reiker
12-18-2009, 07:13 PM
He wants you to shut the f*ck up and enjoy the server he created.

Any particular language you want that spelled out in? I thought he was concise enough about it.

Seriously, give it a rest. If the boards and /ooc were gone tomorrow, it'd be a happer place.

The vast majority don't care what goes on in the upper tier, and have no desire to hear about it.

The thing with leverage is: you have to believe that they care whether you play at all on their server, and then you have to also believe that you are important enough to be answered to 24/7. It's a big no on both accounts.

a) Shutting the fuck up and enjoying a server does not coincide with allowing one guild to exploit, as well as biased, wanton rule-setting.

b) Your "the vast majority don't care what goes on in the upper tier and have no desire to hear about it" comment is so random. Um, okay? I don't give a shit about economics but some people do so they tune into Bloomberg. I can avoid it, and I do, so who cares. What I care about it the myriad of issues which are occurring at the "upper tier" so who are you to tell me I can't express my concerns?

c) You really don't think Nilbog cares if people play on his server? So you're saying he spent a year of his life creating something that he doesn't want anyone to play? My god, you're delusional.

Widan
12-18-2009, 07:13 PM
The people who run the server can choose to implement whatever rules they want.

If you don't like it you don't have to play. Voicing your concerns on the forums is fine, but spamming them because you don't get your way is not.

Reiker
12-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Right, GM's didn't announce the banning of exploiters. People brought it to their respective servers' rants and flames forum. Same as what's happening here. If you want to get rid of that, transparency is the solution. Otherwise, you're going to have heated forums. GMs also didn't lead raiding guilds on live, either.

Widan
12-18-2009, 07:22 PM
If you want to get rid of that just ban the people who spam/flame from the forums. Pretty simple.

Bubbles
12-18-2009, 07:36 PM
a) Shutting the fuck up and enjoying a server does not coincide with allowing one guild to exploit, as well as biased, wanton rule-setting.

b) Your "the vast majority don't care what goes on in the upper tier and have no desire to hear about it" comment is so random. Um, okay? I don't give a shit about economics but some people do so they tune into Bloomberg. I can avoid it, and I do, so who cares. What I care about it the myriad of issues which are occurring at the "upper tier" so who are you to tell me I can't express my concerns?

c) You really don't think Nilbog cares if people play on his server? So you're saying he spent a year of his life creating something that he doesn't want anyone to play? My god, you're delusional.

a) you're still assuming Nilbog wants to appease you instead of wishing you'd just go away. Big assumption

b) tap someone on the shoulder at the bus stop tomorrow and let him know you didn't get to kill Vox this week. His interest in your story is akin to the interest of the vast majority who play here and/or dev/gm here.

c) not people. Whiny, high level people who will never be satisfied. Big difference.. He could /deltree Transcendence and IB tomorrow and be a happier man. Don't think it hasn't crossed his mind. Hell, they are paying bandwith simply to let you whine and scream and moan. Think about how hilariously sad that is for a moment.

Bigcountry23
12-18-2009, 08:22 PM

I can tell you that I have discussed this server on one of my other boards and have been sought out by somone wishing to bash it. Not counting the DDoS attack, all of the ammo he gets to attack this server comes from posts and quotes on this board (most of them involving the constant bickering between IB and Trans).

This means that Nilbog's concern is valid (that more idiocy means that less people will want to play here) and that the way people are acting on the board (even if they are the minority) is how the server is being viewed as a whole.

http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10353
http://www.halforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10927

Reiyz
12-18-2009, 08:44 PM
One thing;

this has been repeated over and over on various emulator servers, on Shards of Dalaya especially: NO MATTER WHAT, it doesn't matter if the respective GM that also leads a raid guild is NOT doing anything wrong whatsoever, the fact that they are a GM and also lead a raid guild will make people go batshit crazy and tinfoil regardless.

So while it sucks for whomever, at the same time it's probably better for server peace if their was a policy, at least to the point of "well, if you want to lead a guild, you should give up your GM duties."

My opinion, is all.

Daydrem
12-18-2009, 09:14 PM
/clap Nilbog

I think some of you are missing the point of this post. This post wasnt to give you somewhere else to flame about petty arguements from the game, hoping to have more people see how you think you have been unjustly treated. This is to remind all of you that instead of being bitter and ungrateful you should settle down and either have fun with this great chance to play everquest again OR gtfo and find somewhere else to spend your free time.

None of you are being forced to play here. If you are so unhappy with the way things are being run then find another game that is "fair" in your opinion. The gms dont need your "help" running things, in fact all the "helpful" suggestions about how things should be run only make things more difficult. If you think the GMs are corrupt, there is the door... If things aren't the way you remember them and you are so unhappy that you need to whine on and on and on about it, there is the door again... There are plenty of us that think this server is wonderful that the server will be just fine without the extra "help".

~Daydrem

Penoy
12-19-2009, 10:24 AM

NEWSFLASH!! Inglorious Basterds has used exploits as well.....

Nizzarr
12-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Hello penoy,

please list the exploits IB has used, Thanks.

As far as Amygdalan knights, they've been used in one clearing. As partial that clearing was since A) we couldnt get close to the temple, or any of the 3 golems area since it was immediate death touches.

The bugged amygdalan knights have been used to kill approximately like 20-30 mobs, yes they did proc a 400 damage HT every 10 or so hits, yes it was a big deal but it didnt change the fact that we had a force present able to take those mobs anyway, unlike transendence and that phinigel kill we witnessed.

in those 3 or 4 clearings, we could never get temple down because of those impossible to kill knights. so its not like it was a gift from god to use those.

I'd like to remind you that dracoliche resisted every and all of the amygdalan procs when we used them on that fight.

so please come up with something new Penoy. I'd like to hear when IB exploited.

if anything, Transcendence can thank us for beta testing fear. Cuz that place was bugged as all hell when we first got there.

_Nayiri_
12-19-2009, 03:02 PM
"I wanted to play on this server. I do not anymore."

this also makes me sad. the core game has been great. If I were you, I'd create a fresh toon, keep it fairly discreet (not let everyone know who you are, actually), start /ignoring the fuck out of anyone who exhibits faggotry on ooc, and enjoy norrath to the best of your abilities. The drama here is something that I've tried to disconnect myself from. You should too, it'll make your playing experience worth it.

Jify
12-19-2009, 03:21 PM
"I wanted to play on this server. I do not anymore."

this also makes me sad. the core game has been great. If I were you, I'd create a fresh toon, keep it fairly discreet (not let everyone know who you are, actually), start /ignoring the fuck out of anyone who exhibits faggotry on ooc, and enjoy norrath to the best of your abilities. The drama here is something that I've tried to disconnect myself from. You should too, it'll make your playing experience worth it.

I believe Nilbog's play character (that he probably never gets to play) is still under the radar.

Also, this makes me a very sad magician. :(

Zarniwooop
12-19-2009, 04:00 PM
My sincere suggestion:

1. Ban everyone that breaks the rules or exploits for a month. Second offense, permanant.

2. Lock threads without warning when they get unruly.

3. Warn people once for getting out of hand in general chat, then ban them.

4. Don't let the crying get to you. It's just the tears of children. People never respect the efforts of others. They simply want what they want. They will not see reason. Anything that doesn't go their way means that people are conspiring against them.

I spent years as a guild leader, server admin and in other roles trying to rehabilitate people that just cannot help themselves. And that's exactly what it is. The word "rehabilitate" is not too strong. This isn't a free speech situation. This is about what is best for the most people. Do that and have a clear conscience. What I have learned is you can essentially never change someone's base behavior. If they are a jerk or unable to control themselves, they never will be. Save yourself the grief.

The people that CANNOT control themselves are no loss.

I know this sounds harsh, but most people, adults included are simply children with slightly better coping mechanisms and more height. Just look at the way they post here. Vague threats to go to pvp servers, name calling, and other stuff that only a childish mentality can do.

This post won't make me popular, but frankly, I'm sick of it. This is part of classic that I have no interest in seeing again. Just cut the line where needed and keep things rolling for the majority. Screw the minority.

Wenai
12-19-2009, 04:23 PM
That's not true. If it is my failure to claim a camp and you are there before me it is yours.

This is what Wenai has basically done:

Imagine me being at frenzy camp. I was there before all of you and I was killing and having a fun time. Backpacks were full of FBSS!

Then Wenai comes in and says, "Dartagnan has too many FBSS's and you have been here too much. I am putting this camp on rotation because others need FBSS too. As such, you will all now rotate.
Wrong it went more like this:

Dartanagan got high enough level to camp FBSS before anyone else and was camping it for weeks straight before anyone else. Bigcountry23 finally gets high enough level to start camping it and decides that he has to go to great lengths to make this happen.

Bigcountry23 is camping FBSS for 14 hours with no luck as frenzy has not spawned. Dartanagan shows up and makes threats that the next that Frenzy spawns he is going to tag it first because in his opinion respecting camps and your fellow players is a rule that should not apply to him.

Since both parties were unable to come to a compromise in which we gave you weeks to finish and it became clear that you were going to be unable to come to this compromise, we had to step in. We step in and put a stop to the stupid disagreements and give both parties a 50/50 share of all the spawns.

Honestly. If you tried to pull that shit on a single spawn in a dungeon, I would probably ban you without question. Read the rules, respect the rules, follow the rules. The fact that an entire guild tried to do it (and I stress try because it never happened because we put a stop to it before it could happen) was complete bullshit.

Your analogy made no fucking sense and people are completely missing the point of this thread. It isn't another tear collection thread. It isn't another another bitch about the rotation thread. It isn't another bitch about GMs being able to play/raid. It is a thread about shutting the fuck up and enjoying the server for what it is or get the fuck out.

**I just used Bigcountry23 because that is who you quoted.

Dartagnan
12-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Wrong it went more like this:

Dartanagan got high enough level to camp FBSS before anyone else and was camping it for weeks straight before anyone else. Bigcountry23 finally gets high enough level to start camping it and decides that he has to go to great lengths to make this happen.

Bigcountry23 is camping FBSS for 14 hours with no luck as frenzy has not spawned. Dartanagan shows up and makes threats that the next that Frenzy spawns he is going to tag it first because in his opinion respecting camps and your fellow players is a rule that should not apply to him.

Since both parties were unable to come to a compromise in which we gave you weeks to finish and it became clear that you were going to be unable to come to this compromise, we had to step in. We step in and put a stop to the stupid disagreements and give both parties a 50/50 share of all the spawns.

Honestly. If you tried to pull that shit on a single spawn in a dungeon, I would probably ban you without question. Read the rules, respect the rules, follow the rules. The fact that an entire guild tried to do it (and I stress try because it never happened because we put a stop to it before it could happen) was complete bullshit.

Your analogy made no fucking sense and people are completely missing the point of this thread. It isn't another tear collection thread. It isn't another another bitch about the rotation thread. It isn't another bitch about GMs being able to play/raid. It is a thread about shutting the fuck up and enjoying the server for what it is or get the fuck out.

**I just used Bigcountry23 because that is who you quoted.

And therein lies the problem. That is an utter distortion of what happened and totally shows your misperception.

Your story hinges upon me, the handsome hero, coming back to the spawn AFTER bigcountry23 claimed it and then portrays me pushing him out. That's bogus.

In your book, apparently, it is ok for bigcountry23 to continue wiping out to the frenzy and still have claim to the camp.

Here is the real version of the story.

Dartagnan heroically fought frenzy frogs for hours and hours because he was strong (he worked out at 24 Hour Fitness). He then decides to log off after a hard earned battle. When he logs back on he notices that bigcountry23, a fine young chap, is getting ready to camp the frenzy. Dartagnan expresses his wishes to bigcountry23 that he is interested in the camp and will wait his turn; however, if bigcountry23 was to wipe out during his encounter, he will take the frenzy.

Bigcountry23 makes a valiant attempt to kill the frenzy but wipes out. It was horrible to behold. So, Dartagnan gets ready to take the frenzy after patiently waiting.

Out of thin air, the big bad Wenai, very evil and cackles a lot (a cousin of the big bad wolf in stories) launches an assault on Dartagnan and says that he is being unfair. "How dare you be successful in being able to take this spawn. You will not be allowed to be successful here. As such Bigcountry23 will be able to take the frenzy again," says Big Bad Wenai.

So, Dartagnan, stunned, tells Wenai that is not fair. Bigcountry23 had his chance and failed.

Big Bad Wenai then tells Dartagnan that success does not matter on this server. We shall let Bigcountry23 fail over and over because it's important to be fair. Dartagnan is then put on rotation to allow Bigcountry23 to kill the frenzy.

So, Bigcountry23 exploits the frenzy to win the first time (magically his AE just disappears) because he couldn't do it legit. On his next turn he charms a scarling and the frenzy disappears, never to be found again.

The moral of the story: success means nothing. Effort means nothing. If you suck you will get equal chance. In Big Bad Wenai's world, common sense means nothing and equality means everything.

Hasbinbad
12-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Bigcountry23 makes a valiant attempt to kill the frenzy but wipes out. It was horrible to behold.

Can't ... breathe! ... Euphamism ... too ... thick! ... Must ... find ... air!

Allizia
12-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Huh wut? I can't even make sense of this trash anymore. I shouldn't bother posted because it will undoubtedly be turned around somehow, but come on, give it a rest.

We killed Naggy flawlessly. The Ranger didn't even die

If you are talking about Vox, WTF were we supposed to do? Everytime we engaged her she proced DDoS on us. In Otto's amazing and righteously fair Judgment he threatened to overtake us because you guys somehow blamed us for DDoSing our own raid, even though we had been waiting there and did not get a single shot at her for FOUR hours because of nonstop DDoS attacks. You think that was fun? You think we deserved to be overrun because of an outside factor that we had no control over?

You see all the accusations that it was IB that was DDoS'ing to keep us from killing Vox? No. Because I put a stop to it before it started. A bit of drama never hurt anyone, but ffs we have truckloads. Give it a rest

Dartagnan
12-19-2009, 05:55 PM
No he didn't. He was the one who told us to not engage because of the DDoS.

The point is simple here. You guys are failing to assemble fast enough to overtake an encounter. Because you are failing to do so, you are resorting to hiding behind the GMs backs to make it "fair." As a result, those who are able to assemble fast and take things down are being punished.

Your failures are being rewarded. OF course you want rotation or something to allow you to have NO punishment for failure.

Allizia, IF certain measures were put in place like this, would you agree?

1) First raid force (a force that could actually kill it right then and now, say 20 people minimum for a dragon raid) there to an encounter gets right to engage. So, no guild could just put 1 person there and claim the camp. A force must be there and ready to go.

2) If the first raid force fails, then the other force, if there, can engage and has 30 minutes to attack, if not, the other force has a legitimate claim on the encounter.

My guess is that you would not agree because as it stands, Transcendence cannot do this. This is what Wenai should have imposed instead of reinventing the wheel (haha rotation, get it?).

I can tell you right now, if Transcendence were able to do this and legitimately beat us to the raid encounter, it would totally be yours. In fact, we have already done this in regards to Phinny many times.

But instead, it is easier for you guys to champion rotation. It allows you guys to take competition out and failure to be the "pseudoartifact" of success.

I just find it funny how normal "camp rules" are championed but magically it is different with raid encounters. The answer is simple. Do all you can, and agree to anything that will bring the top guild down so you get a piece of the pie. It's kind of like selling your soul to the devil to get what you want.

Allizia
12-19-2009, 06:03 PM
No he didn't. He was the one who told us to not engage because of the DDoS.

The point is simple here. You guys are failing to assemble fast enough to overtake an encounter. Because you are failing to do so, you are resorting to hiding behind the GMs backs to make it "fair." As a result, those who are able to assemble fast and take things down are being punished.

Your failures are being rewarded. OF course you want rotation or something to allow you to have NO punishment for failure.

Allizia, IF certain measures were put in place like this, would you agree?

1) First raid force (a force that could actually kill it right then and now, say 20 people minimum for a dragon raid) there to an encounter gets right to engage. So, no guild could just put 1 person there and claim the camp. A force must be there and ready to go.

2) If the first raid force fails, then the other force, if there, can engage and has 30 minutes to attack, if not, the other force has a legitimate claim on the encounter.

My guess is that you would not agree because as it stands, Transcendence cannot do this. This is what Wenai should have imposed instead of reinventing the wheel (haha rotation, get it?).

I can tell you right now, if Transcendence were able to do this and legitimately beat us to the raid encounter, it would totally be yours. In fact, we have already done this in regards to Phinny many times.

But instead, it is easier for you guys to champion rotation. It allows you guys to take competition out and failure to be the "pseudoartifact" of success.

I just find it funny how normal "camp rules" are championed but magically it is different with raid encounters. The answer is simple. Do all you can, and agree to anything that will bring the top guild down so you get a piece of the pie. It's kind of like selling your soul to the devil to get what you want.

He didn't have a choice, we probably would have been on rotation a week earlier if this had happened. And yes, after 3 hours on nonstop DDoS he informed me that you guys were moving in if it happened again. Which is why we logged in and pulled Vox before half the raid was even back, before we could get hit by another DDoS.

The rest of this was already done, and failed.

Hasbinbad
12-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Everytime we engaged her she proced DDoS on us.
That's sigworthy.
*evades the rest of this conversation*

Dartagnan
12-19-2009, 06:16 PM
He didn't have a choice, we probably would have been on rotation a week earlier if this had happened. And yes, after 3 hours on nonstop DDoS he informed me that you guys were moving in if it happened again. Which is why we logging in and pulled him before half the raid was even back, before we could get hit by another DDoS.

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post. I can tell you right now that if there were simple rules like this put in, we would be more than willing to work with you guys. You guys just don't want to do it because the other way means your failures are rewarded and it gets the top guild.

IF we promised to follow the rules of first engage such as what I suggested above, would you be willing to do this?

Seriously, this is all Wenai needed to do. First guild (any guild) to assemble people to a raid encounter gets to do it. The guild must meet a certain population limit (such as 20 people) to claim the encounter. If the guild wipes, the other guild gets to have a try (put a time limit on this such as 30 minutes). If more than one guild is present, they will /random.

Thus:

Guild A is the first to get 20 people to the encounter. They have rights to the encounter. Guild A wipes to the encounter. Guild B and Guild C assembled forces and are ready to go (they have at least 20). Guild B and Guild C /random. Guild C wins the roll and goes to the encounter.

There we go. Instead, Wenai must reinvent the cosmos and make a system completely devoid of anything. It's kind of like Sauron getting the ring.

Honestly, I think Transcendence can do well if you guys just reorganize. That's my opinion but there is nothing keeping you guys from following the above example unless you are disorganized. IB could be better equipped than you and you could still get there before us.

Your refusal to follow any system such as this and hide behind failures shows your real intent, which is screw the top guild anyway you can, even if it means hurting yourselves. Because I can guarentee you, this Wenai system will screw us all. Have fun killing a dragon once a month. Yay, go OnceamonthQuest or better yet, PeriodQuest.

Allizia
12-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Your refusal to follow any system such as this and hide behind failures shows your real intent, which is screw the top guild anyway you can, even if it means hurting yourselves.

It's funny, because this is how you guys got yourself into rotations, when we were using pretty much the exact same rules of engagement that you just listed. I'm not going to be part of another forum "back and forth for 30 pages" thread, especially not on one that is politely telling us to stfu, complete with discreet warnings of doom, so this is my last post here.

Widan
12-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Your refusal to follow any system such as this and hide behind failures shows your real intent, which is screw the top guild anyway you can, even if it means hurting yourselves.

The system you suggested is awful. If a guild has claim to a mob then they should have anywhere from 1-2 hours to kill it, not including trash clearing time. This allows for multiple attempts and wipes, which is especially beneficial for guilds doing an encounter for the first time, so that they have sufficient opportunity to learn the encounter and adjust their strategies accordingly.

Under no circumstances should it be a one and done type deal.

Dartagnan
12-19-2009, 06:47 PM
It's funny, because this is how you guys got yourself into rotations, when we were using pretty much the exact same rules of engagement that you just listed. I'm not going to be part of another forum "back and forth for 30 pages" thread, especially not on one that is politely telling us to stfu, complete with discreet warnings of doom, so this is my last post here.

Thanks again for not answering my questions. I'll try again.

If the GMs were on board with this system and we agreed wholeheartedly to follow this system with you guys, would you follow it instead of rotation? It rewards organization and allows competition to take place.

Dartagnan
12-19-2009, 06:50 PM
The system you suggested is awful. If a guild has claim to a mob then they should have anywhere from 1-2 hours to kill it, not including trash clearing time. This allows for multiple attempts and wipes, which is especially beneficial for guilds doing an encounter for the first time, so that they have sufficient opportunity to learn the encounter and adjust their strategies accordingly.

Under no circumstances should it be a one and done type deal.

I am talking generally. IB would be more than willing to do this for new guilds. I am only providing a framework. Obviously concrete details will need to be done.

I'd hope that you would see my point that this system rewards efforts. A new guild could compete this way. All they would need to do is have some organization. Heck, if it was me I'd give a new guild the chance to do a dragon for the first time without all of us rushing in.

Xzerion
12-19-2009, 09:33 PM
As I have told many of you I am trying to stay neutral because of my status. However the perception I have observed and heard about the work it out yourselves attitude is that nothing will ever be decided on because transcendence has what they want so why would they want to change it.

Allizia, someone brought up an idea to you to try and appease both guilds that offered equal opportunity to both. The fact that you chose to ignore it...whether you agree or not reinforced the perception I have seen. As a show of good faith please respond with your thoughts. IB and the GMs both do NOT want a rotation, several IB members have suggested several systems to compromise. Other than hasbin's pvp system I have not seen a comment from anyone representing Transendence that has made an attempt at solving the rotation issue. (I could have missed them).

Recyclebin
12-19-2009, 10:37 PM
As someone who is nearing my 30's and been in the emu scene from UO - > EQ.

Mixing devs/GMs and having characters on the same server do not mix, ever.

I am level 23 after weeks and weeks, I wish there were more people but I sometimes log in and can't find a group for the life of me, I play to interact with people, druid is a solo class, that may have been a bad choice in terms of wanting a group, but I love tracking mobs and playing with other people regardless of the pathetic drama that happens on this server daily.

I wish the server was more at the lines of 300-400 active, but it's pretty much tapered off at the 220-250 mark from what I can tell.

Zobex
12-19-2009, 10:52 PM
most of this makes me roflcopter hard. greed, jealously and anger are hilarious when it's done behind the veil of online anonymity. i wonder how most of the people who hit these boards hard continuously, interact with people in reality... hmmm.... anywho!
just hoping once us mid-levels reach the top, there will be enough of us to diversify the two top guilds into four or five. and we can all cause a giant ruckus! c'monnnnn 300 server pop!
PS. I love it here. and when you tune out the retards that think they can make the GMs do what they want, life's good. I say if children can't play nice in the sandbox, GTFO

Allizia
12-19-2009, 11:17 PM

It's funny, because this is how you guys got yourself into rotations, when we were using pretty much the exact same rules of engagement that you just listed.

I responded twice that I don't see how this idea is any different from the one we were using to begin with (that we manipulated and IB broke). Unless I am missing something? What does going back to the same rules that started all the issues solve?

I agree that the rotation is not a permanent solution, but until one is found, let me ask you this:

1) Has a GM been forced to intervene on any encounter since rotations were put into place? (MM is excluded, GM's were there for game mechanic issues, not guild drama)

2) Has IB been receiving a fair share of end game content since rotations were put into place?

3) Has Transcendence received a fair share of end game content since rotations were put into place?

4) Has anyone had to camp a raid target for 14 hours?

5) Will any idea used appease everyone?

6) Aside from the forum QQing, are people in both guilds generally getting along better? I think so. Hell, I had long civil conversations with Hasbinbad and Tiki in the last 2 days = progress.

Seriously, things are not that bad on either side. It gives everyone time to find a real and lasting solution.

Dartagnan
12-19-2009, 11:36 PM
What I proposed above is not the same rule set we had before. Do I need to say it again? I think I do. I will expand on some ideas since before but it is basically the same:

Nagafen is up. He is big mean and nasty. He needs to die.

Guild A comes into the zone and shouts in their guildchat that Nagafen is up. You see, Guild A knows that they need 20 people to be in the zone and ready to go to claim this encounter. Guild A is successful in getting the required 20 people in the zone and claims the encounter.

During this time, Guild B and Guild C were doing the same, but they just could not muster the people up. They are willing to be team players and understand that Guild A was more efficient. According to established rules, Guild B and Guild C leave the zone to allow Guild A to do the encounter without any trains, possible zone lag, etc. Guild B and C wait in Lavastorm.

Guild A did a good job but they just could not handle the raid encounter and as a result they wipe. Guild B and C rejoice because they now have a chance to take the encounter. Since Guild B and C have the minimum of 20 people, they /random 0 100 to decide which guild will be able to claim Nagafen. Guild C wins the roll and as such, has 30 minutes to get in there and attempt Nagafen.

Guild C kills Nagafen. Guild B resolves to be there faster next time. Guild A resolves to work on their tactics better next time. Guild C rejoices because Nagafen dropped a Cloak of Flames.

This is an example and can be tweaked of course, but you get the idea. THIS IS NOT THE SAME SET OF RULES THAT EXISTED BEFORE. This is a new idea.

I can tell you right now that if something like this was put into play, IB would be more than willing to go along with this because it rewards organization and tactics.

This is a fair solution and would even work with Nizzarr's proposed variance spawn times if that is what we wanted.

I am trying to be a team player here. I realize that IB is not going to fully get what they want. That seldom works with negotiations. This idea allows ANY number of guilds to lay claim to a raid encounter. It does not allow a top guild to bully another guild since it is a test of quick organization, yet at the same time is a test of tactics too.

It is quite possible for Transcendence, or any guild, to lay claim on any raid encounter just as much as IB.

This solves our dilemma and allows the best possible solution in my opinion.

I would be willing to start a new thread where we can talk specifics and draft up a good proposal. Are you willing to do this? Again, I just used numbers to show the flow of how things would go. Concrete details could be discussed in a new thread dedicated to this issue.

Allizia
12-19-2009, 11:52 PM
Start a new thread, I'll read anything. You do realize I'm not only looking out for Transcendence though right? Transcendence is a community based guild and IB would be destroyed by an alliance between Divinity and Transcendence, which would more then likely happen regularly if this went into place (How is IB going to compete against 1/3 of the server? Believe it or not, I don't want this. IB has worked hard to get where they are, why should they be pushed out?). How long will that last until the QQing starts again and we are back to square 1? We sat at Naggy and Vox for 14 hours to prove to you that you will have to share, and we will get raid targets.

I just think it's a bad idea from what I have seen so far, and does not fix several of the issues. It also gives motivation for people to 2 box characters to meet attendance requirements (we all know it happens, regardless of the consequences)

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 12:16 AM
I will start a new thread when I get a chance to type it all up. We are looking for competition. If we are getting wailed on by Divinity and Transcendence, then IB better look at ways to strengthen their position.

I would rather loose a good fight through competing than be forced to a rotation without competition.

I'll type this up in a few with examples and we can discuss specifics. Thanks Allizia.

Matrim
12-20-2009, 01:55 AM
We sat at Naggy and Vox for 14 hours to prove to you that you will have to share, and we will get raid targets.

All your spawn camping proved was that you were able to use your influence with the GMs to step in and implement a non-classic rotation that benefits your guild. You didn't earn that camp by sitting there for 14 hours- your crying to the GM staff is what scored you loot there. Let's not pretend.

Transcendence is a community based guild and IB would be destroyed by an alliance between Divinity and Transcendence, which would more then likely happen regularly if this went into place.

I think you're confusing the words 'community based guild' with 'we have low standards for invites'. Personally, if I were in Divinity I'd be offended that you so readily assume they're the type of people willing to zerg to win. If that's what it takes to go FFA, though, I think IB would be up to the challenge.

Zarniwooop
12-20-2009, 02:34 AM
The server desperately needs more people.

Widan
12-20-2009, 03:23 AM
The server desperately needs more people.

And if these poopsocking idiots is all anyone sees when they browse the forums and login and see ooc that is never going to happen.

Sadad
12-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Stop hijacking Nilbog's thread with this asinine bullshit.

Hasbinbad
12-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Stop hijacking Nilbog's thread with this asinine bullshit.
Ahh, young one. You still have hope!! Hahahahaha!! Soon your hope will be dashed on the breakwater of everyone elses thick-headedness.

Cykubis
12-20-2009, 01:28 PM
http://www.modestolan.com/xwred1/bad_dudes.jpg

President
12-20-2009, 03:53 PM
I figured since this was a 10 year old game most of the people playing now would be adults. Man.. this thread sure proves that wrong.

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 07:35 PM
As I have told many of you I am trying to stay neutral because of my status. However the perception I have observed and heard about the work it out yourselves attitude is that nothing will ever be decided on because transcendence has what they want so why would they want to change it.

Allizia, someone brought up an idea to you to try and appease both guilds that offered equal opportunity to both. The fact that you chose to ignore it...whether you agree or not reinforced the perception I have seen. As a show of good faith please respond with your thoughts. IB and the GMs both do NOT want a rotation, several IB members have suggested several systems to compromise. Other than hasbin's pvp system I have not seen a comment from anyone representing Transendence that has made an attempt at solving the rotation issue. (I could have missed them).

I've been silent on all of it, since RL has taken away about 95% of my play time and I'm not actively involved in any raiding from either side.

Here's another history lesson:

1. ) People whine about every little thing that's happened on this server since day one. GMs largely ignore everything.

2. ) Transcendence gets wronged in some way or another, the whole Nag/Tumpy/Whatever happens and Trans's complaints go largely ignored.

3. ) IB has a bad week. People like Reiker and Hasb and Dart swing on here and raise *HELL* and are mystified when things don't change instantly and the powers that be largely seem to not care (which is *the* precendent that has been set since launch about all issues that aren't hardware/coding/serverfixy stuff, just like real EQ).

It's a simple timeline issue. The overwhelming sense of entitlement that Reiker and Co. have is the most laughable part of it all, and why everyone is silently laughing instead of publicly debating/negotiating/bantering with a brick wall.

It's not a matter of who exproited what or who's killing what or who's turn it is to tie their planar shoes, it's the simple fact that folks like Reiker make us giggle with how livid they get that the GMs/rest of the server doesn't seem to be completely and utterly incensed and sprung into action if he's not having a grand day frolicking about norrath.

THAT is the real issue here. THAT is why Nil put this thread up, and THAT is why nothing is getting done. From Reiker to Magic to Me to Tantalar to Whomever, there has *always* been someone having a bad day/week and handled it so utterly poorly that they never got the fair shake they believed they deserved to plead their case.

A little humility and grattitude to those who brought this headache/greatest thing since sliced bread to us in the first place would go a *long* way. You catch more flies with honey as opposed to vinegar, and I've bounced at many a club in my lifetime.. Believe me, raising your voice and getting profane with large people in position of authority, in the history of mankind, has never gotten people what they wanted.

Each 'constructive' thread since this began has started with this:

Reiker "Everyone needs to pay attention to me! My concerns are important! Why aren't gms breaking out rubber kneepads and servicing me instantly?"

Supreme "I hate you"

Hasbinbad "<this is a recording> Transcendence is a zerg guild. P.S. IB has better equipment! <this has been a recording>"

Dartagnan "Hey, i'm entitled to things! I got to 50 eventually! We're really skilled."

Nizarr "Rabble Rabble"

Karsten "I'm either going to say something really funny or really off topic.. stay tuned"

Penoy "IB cheats too!"

Wonton "Shadddup Penoy. BTW - I agree with Reiker that 95% of my enjoyment comes from depriving and griefing others"

Allizia "What was I responding to, again?"

Bubbles "Bunnies!"

Pretty much all of it kinda evolves into the same thread, with Xzerion and Wenai taking turns getting heat for whatever reason.

Bottom line is this: You can state your case all you want, but you'll never force people to care about you.You simply can't expect anyone else to place importance on what's affecting your enjoyment of the game, and all the mindless bitch fest does is get Nilbog and Co. closer and closer to pulling the plug entirely or turning the server private.

Which means zero dragons and planes for everyone.

We could disable GUILDS entirely. That would sure be an interesting variable change in this equation.

Or we could just wipe the server entirely and start over, call this beta 2, and pray most of the angry nerdragers move on to EZ or TZ or Diablo3 or whatever. I'd gladly delete all my characters and start over if I could surround myself with people on a server who could show each other some common effing decency.

Reiker
12-20-2009, 08:23 PM
(MM is excluded, GM's were there for game mechanic issues, not guild drama)
Funny, because Transcendence was whining to Secrets to move my character cause they didn't want me watching you guys fight the (broken) MM.

I also don't get why my name is getting mentioned negatively so often. I posted a video of Transcendence exploiting and a few replies agreeing that rotation is stupid. I'm not exactly "raising hell" but whatever.

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I've been silent on all of it, since RL has taken away about 95% of my play time and I'm not actively involved in any raiding from either side.

Here's another history lesson:

1. ) People whine about every little thing that's happened on this server since day one. GMs largely ignore everything.

2. ) Transcendence gets wronged in some way or another, the whole Nag/Tumpy/Whatever happens and Trans's complaints go largely ignored.

3. ) IB has a bad week. People like Reiker and Hasb and Dart swing on here and raise *HELL* and are mystified when things don't change instantly and the powers that be largely seem to not care (which is *the* precendent that has been set since launch about all issues that aren't hardware/coding/serverfixy stuff, just like real EQ).

It's a simple timeline issue. The overwhelming sense of entitlement that Reiker and Co. have is the most laughable part of it all, and why everyone is silently laughing instead of publicly debating/negotiating/bantering with a brick wall.

It's not a matter of who exproited what or who's killing what or who's turn it is to tie their planar shoes, it's the simple fact that folks like Reiker make us giggle with how livid they get that the GMs/rest of the server doesn't seem to be completely and utterly incensed and sprung into action if he's not having a grand day frolicking about norrath.

THAT is the real issue here. THAT is why Nil put this thread up, and THAT is why nothing is getting done. From Reiker to Magic to Me to Tantalar to Whomever, there has *always* been someone having a bad day/week and handled it so utterly poorly that they never got the fair shake they believed they deserved to plead their case.

A little humility and grattitude to those who brought this headache/greatest thing since sliced bread to us in the first place would go a *long* way. You catch more flies with honey as opposed to vinegar, and I've bounced at many a club in my lifetime.. Believe me, raising your voice and getting profane with large people in position of authority, in the history of mankind, has never gotten people what they wanted.

Each 'constructive' thread since this began has started with this:

Reiker "Everyone needs to pay attention to me! My concerns are important! Why aren't gms breaking out rubber kneepads and servicing me instantly?"

Supreme "I hate you"

Hasbinbad "<this is a recording> Transcendence is a zerg guild. P.S. IB has better equipment! <this has been a recording>"

Dartagnan "Hey, i'm entitled to things! I got to 50 eventually! We're really skilled."

Nizarr "Rabble Rabble"

Karsten "I'm either going to say something really funny or really off topic.. stay tuned"

Penoy "IB cheats too!"

Wonton "Shadddup Penoy. BTW - I agree with Reiker that 95% of my enjoyment comes from depriving and griefing others"

Allizia "What was I responding to, again?"

Bubbles "Bunnies!"

Pretty much all of it kinda evolves into the same thread, with Xzerion and Wenai taking turns getting heat for whatever reason.

Bottom line is this: You can state your case all you want, but you'll never force people to care about you.You simply can't expect anyone else to place importance on what's affecting your enjoyment of the game, and all the mindless bitch fest does is get Nilbog and Co. closer and closer to pulling the plug entirely or turning the server private.

Which means zero dragons and planes for everyone.

We could disable GUILDS entirely. That would sure be an interesting variable change in this equation.

Or we could just wipe the server entirely and start over, call this beta 2, and pray most of the angry nerdragers move on to EZ or TZ or Diablo3 or whatever. I'd gladly delete all my characters and start over if I could surround myself with people on a server who could show each other some common effing decency.

And we have you and others misrepresenting what we are saying. You're spreading distortions.

I never said I am entitled to anything. If you worked hard to be ahead of the curve and then someone took all of that away I would think you would be disappointed. I have never said once that I should basically walk into the room and have things handed to me because I am 50. That's entitlement. But to take away IB's advantage because the guild earned that advantage is not fair. Trans or any guild could work hard to take that advantage away.

I mean it's like football during the season. If a team is good at the game and beats the other teams they have an advantage. It's like Wenai wiped away all our hard work during the season and put the playoffs on rotation.

Of course you guys want to distort things. Of course you guys want to remain silent on this rotation issue. You get want you want this way and get to stick the knife into the players of IB at the same time for being the top guild. It puts you guys in the position to then be the top guild yourselves.

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Funny, because Transcendence was whining to Secrets to move my character cause they didn't want me watching you guys fight the (broken) MM.

I also don't get why my name is getting mentioned negatively so often. I posted a video of Transcendence exploiting and a few replies agreeing that rotation is stupid. I'm not exactly "raising hell" but whatever.

The more they can distort your image the more people they can get to bring down the "big guys." Then they themselves can establish themselves where we were.

It's a coup d'état man! A coup d'état.

Reiker
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
lol Dartagnan CALM DOWN BRO THIS IS EQ IT ISNT CHILI

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I think Trans took over Chili :(

Wonton
12-20-2009, 09:28 PM

this isn't true.. so

Wonton "Shadddup Penoy. BTW - I agree with Reiker that 95% of my enjoyment comes from depriving and griefing others."

this isn't true either, so stfu. when you lie does the number 95 come into your mind?

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
And we have you and others misrepresenting what we are saying. You're spreading distortions.

I never said I am entitled to anything. If you worked hard to be ahead of the curve and then someone took all of that away I would think you would be disappointed. I have never said once that I should basically walk into the room and have things handed to me because I am 50. That's entitlement. But to take away IB's advantage because the guild earned that advantage is not fair. Trans or any guild could work hard to take that advantage away.

Oh, it's happened before. I remember distinctly being at least 8 levels above any other cleric on the server (besides Almeda). Then "SolA" happened. And poof there was suddenly a surge of levels 50s, who celebrated by zoning into Lower Guk for the first time. The SolA ZEM was lolbad, and the 'fix' for it was to crank up the ZEM in every other dungeon to match the horribly distorted ZEM of SolA and turn this into EZ server. Now everyone is 50 and their allt is nearing 50 and everything is so darn trivialized that there is nothing *left* to do but whine and complain about raid encounters and GM interactions and whatever.

But don't step up to me and claim I don't know what it's like to be uber one day and watching powerlessly as others take an easy road to catch up.. Been there, and DONE THAT. And since a vast majority of this issue is based upon two guilds who artificially grabbed power via broken zones, broken mobs, whacked ZEMs, retardedly OP'd rogue dps/Pet Classes/Enchanter spells... Sped thru the majority of what made EQ enjoyable, and now get to scream at each other on a message board 24/7... welll..

That's your loss. I never joined this server in hopes that I could relive EQVault and rotations and infighting and pissing contests and the general douchebaggery that happens on this server. I understand 100% what Nilbog is saying about how he doesn't even want to play here. We've taken a flame thrower to the Garden of Eden and are now fighting over table scraps.

I mean it's like football during the season. If a team is good at the game and beats the other teams they have an advantage. It's like Wenai wiped away all our hard work during the season and put the playoffs on rotation.

In football the two teams actually play each other, this is more like fantasy football since it's all comparisons and stats. But I get where you are coming from, believe me I do. We never even got a central figure to hate on for the SolA/Zem disaster, which is probably where a bunch of the animosity toward Xzerion (unfairly) came from, since he benefitted from it.

Of course you guys want to distort things. Of course you guys want to remain silent on this rotation issue. You get want you want this way and get to stick the knife into the players of IB at the same time for being the top guild. It puts you guys in the position to then be the top guild yourselves.

I'm not interested in distorting anything. Ask anyone from your guild or mine. I don't even play much anymore, and I certainly don't have the chunks of time to raid. Ask Jify or Wonton or Karsten or Blaine or tons of others in your crew, i'm about as neutral a voice as you are going to hear, since those not involved simply don't care.

Don't assume you know what *I* want, I've always been on record for calling this Beta 2 and doing complete wipes to start all over again. The only real joy in this game is the grind and carrot in front of you while you struggle. Not so much the grind, but the people and the friendships you make along the way. The adventures, the close calls, the tradeskilling. If there's one thing i didn't miss from EQ circa 1999, it was all this bickering and nonsense over raids and planes that drop gear that's 99% obsolete come Kunark anyways.

I wish you the best of luck in your pursuit of happiness and the resolution of these issues. I just worry that no matter what happens, nothing is going to make the majority of you miserable fuckers happy. :)

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 09:32 PM
this isn't true.. so

this isn't true either, so stfu. when you lie does the number 95 come into your mind?

Where is the lie in all of that?

I distinctly remember agreeing with Karsten and Jify, You, and Co. that having 24 hours to kill a mob from engagement is completely wtf retarded.

And I certainly remember talking to you and us coming to the agreement that my enjoyment comes from leaving smiles behind me when possible and yours comes from competition, server firsts, and getting things that others don't have.

What am I missing here?

Wonton
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
a screen shot?

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 09:52 PM
Um, this SolA argument is a bunch of poo. News flash, the SolA experience that is in today is the same as it was before the changes.

To say we somehow took advantage of this is a distortion. It's not our fault if the ZEM was done the way it is or even if it is incorrect. You make it sound like we are somehow deviant by doing this when people can lvl all the way up to 48 (unlike 50 as you portray it as) right now if they wanted. I am sorry but I will XP where I want to. I am not less of a person for choosing where I want to level up.

That is not "artificially grabbing power" either. It was legitimate.

Anyways, you mention in your post that I say that I feel entitled to things. I do not feel entitled and that is a distortion, a twisting of things I said.

As it stands right now, the rotation system takes away the achievements of those who hit the raid encounters first. I'm sorry but I grew up with the idea that achievement means something. It's not taken away because others achieved less.

Any group of people could seriously jeopardize IB's advantage if they were committed to doing so. Just because they are not able to doesn't mean Trans or anyone launch a coup on IB.

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
a screen shot?

You want a screen shot to prove that I agree with you on 24-hour claims and rotations? /boggle.

Do you want a receipt for each HQ pelt I sold you on an alt, too? ;)

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes, with dates plz.

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Um, this SolA argument is a bunch of poo. News flash, the SolA experience that is in today is the same as it was before the changes.

Lol news flash, no it isn't. SolA was one of the first zones with a pumped up ZEM because it was a completely tumbleweed filled wasteland on live, but it sure as heck wasn't good xp at launch. If people wanted to fight healers and casters en masse, at least in Cazic Thule they had a whack at rubicite. This was actually one of the reasons that rubicite got yanked, because zones like SolA/Paw/Mistmoore/Perma were under-utilizeds and there was waiting lists for each section of CT.

To say we somehow took advantage of this is a distortion. It's not our fault if the ZEM was done the way it is or even if it is incorrect. You make it sound like we are somehow deviant by doing this when people can lvl all the way up to 48 (unlike 50 as you portray it as) right now if they wanted. I am sorry but I will XP where I want to. I am not less of a person for choosing where I want to level up.

That is not "artificially grabbing power" either. It was legitimate.

Stop taking everything I say as a personal attack. I was just illustrating how I've had somthing remotely similar happen to me and ppl i used to run with, too. Seriously, the server doesn't revolve around IB. People from all corners of the server were chugging along in SolA. Lord knows I ressed enough of them.

I'm not saying you are deviant for levelling up in SolA..But i'm not going to stand around and nod my head when the picture gets illustrated that you guys were embracing the hardest content and being uber from day one. You got to the top, and are at the top... congratulations. But the idea that everyone else was slothing around and drooling while you guys were 'grinding away' is silly. :)You want us to give you credit, that's fine. Give some back in return.

As it stands right now, the rotation system takes away the achievements of those who hit the raid encounters first. I'm sorry but I grew up with the idea that achievement means something. It's not taken away because others achieved less.

Any group of people could seriously jeopardize IB's advantage if they were committed to doing so. Just because they are not able to doesn't mean Trans or anyone launch a coup on IB.

The rotation system is the easiest system for the GMs to track and enforce and requires the least of their involvement. Just about any other system gets them far more involved than they'd like. That's the real bottleneck.

Does it make rotation the fairest solution? The best solution? The solution that rewards those who spend the extra hour or two a day playing?

Nope, it sure doesn't. But eventually you'll have to face facts: The powers that be are much more interested in being less involved and getting to play more/hit their real workload than standing around and handing you #1 lollipops in some form of hands-on score carding.

That's the way it shakes out. You and Hasbin have pounded out some pretty interesting alternatives to rotation that make sense and have merit. But none of it is as easy to keep a handle on from the GM perspective as "Trans is killing Nag this week, IB's got vox and IB's got fear"... It's painfully easy to figure out who killed what mob and make sure the rotation is sticking than anything of the other alternatives we've seen.

And on the surface that hurts IB a lot more than Transcendence and whatever other guild is coming up the pike, correct. And yes, Transcendence at this point has little to nothing to gain to come up with an alternative to a rotation. And yes, if everyone was a bit more civil on this server, it probably never would have come to this. Its just gonna be a big mess until there is less guilds (not likely) or more raid targets (eventually). Nothing is more classic 1999 EQ uberguild experience than having both dragons dead and Fear cleared the same night as the patch, and then standing around for 6 days on alts bitching about how some gimp guild was farming your Fear repops. Consider Phinny even being available and itemized an added bonus at this point of the progression. /shrug.

Bubbles
12-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Yes, with dates plz.

There's at least a half dozen members of your guild that can login to the forums right now and post that I've laughed with them that 24 hours from first engage to kill a raid target is insane an that rotation is a pretty unpopular band-aid to slap on a festering wound that won't erase any of the hurt.

Unfortunately, they are all busy playing the game and having fun. But believe me, if any of them want to log in and quote my post and say "Bubbles said that" I'll respond "yes i did".

And I do believe that.

It's a lot easier to complain about a current solution than to draft a working one that all parties will agree to. IB can sit around all day and draft solutions that will make them happy, Trans can draft solutions that makes Trans happy, and the GMs will continue to strive to figure out a solution that's fair enough to keep the server going and them as uninvolved as possible, regardless of who's happy.

As for Wonton, I find it hard to believe you don't remember telling me that your favorite part of EQ is the competition and getting items/kills that others don't have... last week in /tells.. If it wasn't you driving Wonton at the time, then I apologize. But i obviously don't have a screen shot cuz i didn't envision that conversation being all that important or note-worthy (and I still dont).

So if you want to go on the record saying you are against competition and wish everyone had the ability to experience every item and kill, then that's fine with me. That's always been personal view on EQ, anyways. :)

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm not talking about live Bubbles. SolA experience was the same before and after the patch on this server. If you have a problem with SolA, then take it up with the GMs that made the ZEM, not the players (who I might add were not only IB) who leveled there.

This SolA argument keeps getting resurrected and used as an argument against IB. That's bogus.

Furthermore, the GMs have stated they do not want rotation. So they have an active interest in getting a solution here. Yet I do not see Transcendence coming up to the plate proposing anything here.

When you do rotation, the system says to IB screw you guys, your advantage means nothing now. The system says to Transcendence, enjoy the party, you get treats.

IMO who is being selfish here? Hasbin, Nizzarr and I have proposed systems that are compromises. You guys want to hold to hold onto a system that the GMs do not want. Of course you do because your value went up with this system compared to before. So instead of compromising and coming to an agreement, you are going to wedge yourselves as much as you can with the system that IB NOR GMs want. Yet we are called the selfish ones. I just find that interesting. I think IB realizes there needs to be compromise, but it does not lie in rotation, imo. Even if it did, it does NOT lie in the system we currently have. Yet I do not see Transcendence reaching out at all.

Dartagnan
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
There's at least a half dozen members of your guild that can login to the forums right now and post that I've laughed with them that 24 hours from first engage to kill a raid target is insane an that rotation is a pretty unpopular band-aid to slap on a festering wound that won't erase any of the hurt.

Unfortunately, they are all busy playing the game and having fun. But believe me, if any of them want to log in and quote my post and say "Bubbles said that" I'll respond "yes i did".

And I do believe that.

It's a lot easier to complain about a current solution than to draft a working one that all parties will agree to. IB can sit around all day and draft solutions that will make them happy, Trans can draft solutions that makes Trans happy, and the GMs will continue to strive to figure out a solution that's fair enough to keep the server going and them as uninvolved as possible, regardless of who's happy.

As for Wonton, I find it hard to believe you don't remember telling me that your favorite part of EQ is the competition and getting items/kills that others don't have... last week in /tells.. If it wasn't you driving Wonton at the time, then I apologize. But i obviously don't have a screen shot cuz i didn't envision that conversation being all that important or note-worthy (and I still dont).

So if you want to go on the record saying you are against competition and wish everyone had the ability to experience every item and kill, then that's fine with me. That's always been personal view on EQ, anyways. :)

This comment of mine was a joke.

Hasbinbad
12-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Give some back in return.

And yes, if everyone was a bit more civil on this server, it probably never would have come to this.

Ok, put on the brakes a second Bubbles. I know you mentioned that you have tried to stay out of this, and I am going to give you credit for that when others may not because I remember what exactly you are talking about. You are specifically referring, I believe, to the weeks previous to Trans attempting Nagafen for the first time. The weeks in which there was a daily barrage of baseless rumors, confused rage, accusations of GM favoritism, accusation of all forms of cheats, hatred based on failure to succeed, and outright lies perpetrated by Transcendence. Now, I know the tin foil hat has decided to walk a mile in our guild to a certain extent, but don't sit here and act like IB doesn't have a very good reason to be a bit aloof in our appraisal of anything your crew has to say.

Messianic
03-11-2011, 02:11 PM
This server is in much better shape than it used to be.

Hasbinbad
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM

Messianic
03-11-2011, 02:39 PM

lol

I may have troubled some waters

Otto
03-11-2011, 02:53 PM
lol

I may have troubled some waters

I think he was agreeing with you.

As am I.

eqdruid76
03-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Want to know how you got to this point?

-Begin work solo.
-Make sweet love to waybackmachine, daily
-Recruit some help.
-Open beta testing for a year
-Fix things
-Fix things
-Continue development.
-Fix things
-Beta ends
-Server launches
-ddos attacks begin
-ddos guy /attack
-ddos guy /attack
-ddos guy /attack
-ddos guy /attack
-ddos guy /attack

here are some facts:

QQ more.

No one is making you do this.

Vynn
03-11-2011, 03:04 PM

One hell of a Necro-Rez.

nilbog
03-11-2011, 03:25 PM
QQ more.

No one is making you do this.

/bye

Hoped you would have learned not to troll over the past months.

Messianic
03-11-2011, 03:38 PM
One hell of a Necro-Rez.

lol, well - it looked like a really interesting thread so I read nearly all of it. This server really has taken a lot of time and sweat to get to where its as stable as it is today. Poopsocking/Zerging complaints aside, the drama nowadays is NOTHING like it seems like it was then - I wasn't there, but it definitely looks that way from the outside.

And heck - it was good enough of a thread for eqdruid to return to his usual MO and get re-banned for it.

Vynn
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Nilbog, your hard work and dedication to this immense project has given not only me, but also my family and friends a chance to relive the golden days when there was real magic involved with MMORPG's.

Thank you.

Uthgaard
03-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Stickied. Thanks for the necro.

I'm surprised that after all of this, someone even tried to troll. If there is any lesson for a troll to learn from this thread, let it be this: You are not the first to whine and throw a tantrum, you are one in a long line of immemorable, faceless, selfish brats. You will be gone in 2 months - forgotten and replaced by another - whether we toss you out on your ass or you put your big girl pants on and figure out on your own that we don't accomodate attention whores, we don't bend to threats, and we don't tolerate bullshit.

P99's staff is more clever, more talented, more dedicated and more dangerous than any troll ever thought of being on their most vindictive day, and many have come before you. This server doesn't run on hosting and software development alone. Don't even try. You will not win.

Shannacore
03-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Uthgaard for president!

Bubbles
03-11-2011, 04:06 PM
lol awesome bump.

Its amazing how angry and self-entitled the people you bump into playing this game can be. As much as i love realistic, classic EQ, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to introduce Instancing with Kunark, if only to keep the miserable masses away from one another so there could be some semblance of peace.

Also wow @ the dates of the necro'd posts. Have we really been banging against the glass ceiling that long?

Messianic
03-11-2011, 04:10 PM
lol awesome bump.

Its amazing how angry and self-entitled the people you bump into playing this game can be. As much as i love realistic, classic EQ, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to introduce Instancing with Kunark, if only to keep the miserable masses away from one another so there could be some semblance of peace.

Also wow @ the dates of the necro'd posts. Have we really been banging against the glass ceiling that long?

Gosh I wish I had found this server earlier. So much hilarity in some of those past posts...

Vynn
03-11-2011, 04:21 PM
As much as i love realistic, classic EQ, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to introduce Instancing with Kunark, if only to keep the miserable masses away from one another so there could be some semblance of peace.

That forced cooperation was quite a bit of what Classic EQ was. What you did mattered, you didn't have your own version of the game to screw up.

The games and concept implementation has gotten better over the recent years, but the players and community have become much worse. Communication servers such as Ventrilo and Xbox Live have taken away soo much of the immersion (see: Roleplay) value of modern games. As well as degraded communicative standards in the process (See: Corpse-humpers)

I remember when your character's name was something special and people aimed for respectable reputations, not just a claim to E-fame, good or bad.

Seaweedpimp
03-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Gotta hump corpses in halo 3 man.

Dantes
03-11-2011, 05:14 PM
LOL people were bitching about wanting boxing even then. Love it.

Muchew
03-11-2011, 08:10 PM
You and your crew have worked your asses off on P1999, in exchange for being treated pretty much like shit on these forums. So don't forget that the (mostly) quiet group of players on the server is grateful for what you've given us. Maybe we just need to quit being so quiet about it!

I liked this post.

People who really are enjoying the server typically don't take the time to post (which is the vast majority). I love this server and have a lot of respect for the developers / GMs. Keep up the good work, it is much appreciated.

Malrubius
03-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Ahh, those were the days. Reminds me of how the server was "never going to survive" if we got rid of server-wide chat. :D

Hasbinbad
03-11-2011, 09:28 PM
I think he was agreeing with you.
Have we really been banging against the glass ceiling that long?
Yes.

Bones
03-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Ahh, those were the days. Reminds me of how the server was "never going to survive" if we got rid of server-wide chat. :D
And how EC tunnel was never going to happen?

Ah... the good ole days.

Otto
03-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I thought for sure all the zerging and poop-socking would turn more people away... but I guess I was way wrong about the amount of people who want to end game more than me

Hasbinbad
03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
I thought for sure all the zerging and poop-socking would turn more people away... but I guess I was way wrong about the amount of people who want to end game more than me
Never underestimate the will of the nerd to excel on teh interwebz where they cannot in life.

Alawen Everywhere
03-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Uh, wait, what? Am I wrong in thinking that the two of you are both in the giant zerg poopsock guild? Who is it that you're claiming to be cooler than?

Hasbinbad
03-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Who is it that you're claiming to be cooler than?
You.

Harrison
03-12-2011, 01:13 AM
Uh, wait, what? Am I wrong in thinking that the two of you are both in the giant zerg poopsock guild? Who is it that you're claiming to be cooler than?

Unless they've joined DA, I don't get the reference...

Hasbinbad
03-12-2011, 01:24 AM
FinaWIN.
(even a broken clock is right twice a day)

Otto
03-12-2011, 01:24 AM
I haven't been active in ~10 months. Not claiming to be cooler than anyone either, just stating some people want end game content more than I did and that I found it surprising.

Hasbinbad
03-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Not claiming to be cooler than anyone
Otto, you're cooler than I am bro, go ahead and claim it.

Otto
03-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Otto, you're cooler than I am bro, go ahead and claim it.

Done. <3

Hasbinbad
03-12-2011, 01:30 AM
rofl facebook stalker!! FACEBOOK STALKER!!!

Alawen Everywhere
03-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Do you play anymore? You seem to have missed the part where IB tried and failed to merge with The Mystical Order and Transcendence, then merged with Pantheon and Darkwind. Now they raid with 100. If all the bosses respawned simultaneously, TR has enough members to kill all of them at the same time.

Harrison
03-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Do you play anymore? You seem to have missed the part where IB tried and failed to merge with The Mystical Order and Transcendence, then merged with Pantheon and Darkwind. Now they raid with 100. If all the bosses respawned simultaneously, TR has enough members to kill all of them at the same time.

Yes, I still play. :p

I don't care who they merged with, or how many members they currently have. They're miles above and beyond DA's skill, and always will be. Numbers alone don't create a zerg. DA is a zerg and it sucks that VD's rep has to go down the shitter raiding with them, because they don't deserve that.

Edited P.S.:

I've despised DA ever since they came here as Fishbait and exploited/cheated/trained/shitted up a fucking storm. I always will. They are the definition of no-talent assclowns.

Alawen Everywhere
03-12-2011, 09:21 AM
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree.

Having been in both guilds, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that my opinion is significantly more informed than yours.

Harrison
03-12-2011, 09:23 AM
*shrug* If you say so.

I've gotten more mutual respect from IB and cohorts than any of those dickbags who take anyone and everyone under the sun. (as with any guild there are obvious exceptions, but exceptions blah blah blah)

porigromus
03-13-2011, 02:06 AM
With the quarreling in this thread, it makes instances for raids look like a smart idea. I can see why they were implemented in WoW.

Hobby
03-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Without good drama, there is no sense of competition!

Pyrocat
03-13-2011, 03:14 AM
With the quarreling in this thread, it makes instances for raids look like a smart idea. I can see why they were implemented in WoW.

if you can't take the heat, get out of the everquest-circa-1999

Bakaris
03-13-2011, 03:16 AM
I love this server. And if there wasnt drama, it wouldnt feel right ;)

I am glad that I am just a "grunt". I mean people really can moan alot when they dont get what they want. The creators of this server and GMs have a really unrewarding job as people are assholes by nature. That goes for most :)

"-I wanted to play on this server. I do not anymore. " -- made me sad :( Its your playground - you make the rules - people can't accept that, kick em. But thats my opnion.

Rennya
03-13-2011, 04:11 AM

Alawen, i thought you were quitting like 6 months ago? and then 6 months before that? and so on, and so on. Just cant stay away? How many lvl 50s have you tried to sell now? :P

Also, yes, DA have had numerous bans and raid suspensions, how many have TR had? It's a shame for VD like harrison said but if you want to play with the big boys then i guess you sometimes have to make sacrifices.

P.s i actually remember alawen causing trains in mistmoore only a few months ago and blaming it on "wolf form suddenly being kos" - quite laughable. so i guess its no surprise you have been in DA also!

Messianic
03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
I love how seamlessly a bit of guild drama resumed on this thread.