PDA

View Full Version : EQChanges.zip - missing client files

cjac
06-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Hey folks,

It looks like I'm missing some files.... Where do I find them, any idea?

Cheers,

C.J.

http://phx0.colliertech.org/~cjac/tmp/Screenshot%20from%202014-06-14%2021:25:04.png

cjac
06-15-2014, 01:33 AM
I guess I must be missing something. Where is the EQChanges.zip file?

http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files32.zip

This one is not EQChanges.zip, as far as I can tell... maybe I'll look in that folder...

Nope, I get 403 forbidden for the directory.

http://www.project1999.com/files/

And 404 not found for EQChanges.zip in that directory.

http://www.project1999.com/files/EQChanges.zip

cjac
06-15-2014, 01:35 AM
I guess I should say that I've already unzipped P99Files32.zip in to ~/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/EverQuest/drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest/

Derubael
06-15-2014, 04:02 AM
If you've already unzipped the files into the proper directory, you shouldn't need to do anything else. Make sure they are in the right place. There may be something else going on here (linux has all kinds of quirks that can make it difficult to run EQ) so I would suggest posting in the "Technical Discussion Forum" asking for help. I would title my thread something like 'I need help with linux!" and describe your problem as in depth as possible, including your system specs and any steps you've taken to try and rectify the situation.

cjac
06-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Thank you sir. I'm able to get in to other servers. I'm going to try a couple more things before I bother the tech support folks.

I'm on Debian Wheezy running wine via PlayOnLinux just for reference. I'll give more details when I get more information together for the other forum.

Valdarious
06-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Did you download the files from the link listed on the Getting started?
Step 4 - Game Files (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651) Scroll down a bit till you see the Step 4 - Game Files

furin121
06-24-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm having this same issue today. I downloaded the v33 p99files.zip and put them in my EQ directory but it made no difference. Did you ever find a solution?

Valdarious
06-24-2014, 09:52 AM
A patch was released.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155457

furin121
06-24-2014, 10:13 AM
I know. Did you read my post? I grabbed the new files and they don't work. It's the same issue reported to start with and I believe it's related to running EQ in wine. I was wondering if the thread started found a solution.

LastBoss
06-24-2014, 10:14 AM
i get Error in XML

Error in your GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt

and i did that and all i can see is:

[Tue Jun 24 16:16:57 2014] Error validating symbol table.

?! wtf

Valdarious
06-24-2014, 10:15 AM
I was just giving some input as I did not know that you might have noticed that there was a patch. I read your post and saw "Did you ever find a solution?" and figured you were talking about an old issue. Combining an old issue with a new patch might have confused the issue. I am at work and have no access to the game right now so I can not help much other that point out what I have seen on the boards.

LastBoss: are you using Duxa's UI? Someone on the Duxa page is saying you have to delete a file since the admins in some weird move decided to take out colored target cons.

LastBoss
06-24-2014, 10:24 AM
I was just giving some input as I did not know that you might have noticed that there was a patch. I read your post and saw "Did you ever find a solution?" and figured you were talking about an old issue. Combining an old issue with a new patch might have confused the issue. I am at work and have no access to the game right now so I can not help much other that point out what I have seen on the boards.

LastBoss: are you using Duxa's UI? Someone on the Duxa page is saying you have to delete a file since the admins in some weird move decided to take out colored target cons.

yeah im using that.. thnx i remove that then D:

Skinned
06-24-2014, 10:31 AM
Should the server currently be up? I extracted the files but the client isn't working.

mgellan
06-24-2014, 10:39 AM
I just grabbed them and installed them with no problem on Linux Mint (Ubuntu), so not a code issue - just downloaded, extracted to EQ folder, and started up. Make sure you're sticking them in the right place!

Regards,
Mg

Skinned
06-24-2014, 10:56 AM
I just grabbed them and installed them with no problem on Linux Mint (Ubuntu), so not a code issue - just downloaded, extracted to EQ folder, and started up. Make sure you're sticking them in the right place!

Regards,
Mg

Okay thanks!

I messed around some more and noticed the files just weren't extracting from winrar. I manually grabbed each file and put them into my EQ directory and it is now working.

Thanks!

drewd
06-24-2014, 12:47 PM
I'm having this same issue today. I downloaded the v33 p99files.zip and put them in my EQ directory but it made no difference. Did you ever find a solution?

Did the whole up-date/extract (p99 33 zip)bit with the same results: spell files outta date and error code sp-1
im thinking its extracted some thing to the wrong location, hoping someone already knew where the mistake was :confused:

drewd
06-24-2014, 01:08 PM
OK fixed it, just had to manually place the files in their respective folders,,,

furin121
06-24-2014, 05:54 PM
OK fixed it, just had to manually place the files in their respective folders,,,

I'll have to try that myself and see if it works. Hopefully it will help thread starter as well.

Valdarious: I just re-read my post from earlier and I sounded like a total ass. Wasn't my intention =). I appreciate the effort in trying to help.

India
06-24-2014, 06:08 PM
i get Error in XML

Error in your GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt

and i did that and all i can see is:

[Tue Jun 24 16:16:57 2014] Error validating symbol table.

?! wtf

This happens when the "default" folder and files, which are found in the uifiles directory was overwritten by the patch.

Did you happen to backup your default ui folder before installing this patch?

After I installed the patch I had the same issue, however I did have my default backed up. I deleted the patch default ui files and renamed my backup (which was renamed to default_old) to default and everything works fine

Valdarious
06-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Valdarious: I just re-read my post from earlier and I sounded like a total ass. Wasn't my intention =). I appreciate the effort in trying to help.
No problems. I was initially having an issue with the new patch when I got home from work. I had to reinitialize my permissions to the EQ folder to set my account to full access. The files worked after that point. I have seen some weird issues from other people though.

Yogurt
11-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Hi guys,

I just want to post my experience here since I found this problem exasperating.

-I had followed all the instructions on the Project1999 Guidebook (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651) only to get the "Spells out of date" message.
-I tried Duxa's All-In-One Installer (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28335), only to get the "EQChanges.zip"(ERRORCODE DLL-2) message.
-I scoured the forums for a solution with no definitive answer.

FINALLY, I stumbled on the problem...
After opening WinRAR and manually moving the P99Files33.zip files to my EQ folder, my anti-virus(Norton) popped up a warning. DSETUP.dll was marked, blocked, and removed as a Trojan virus.

This had never happened before on my previous 15ish attempts. Why I got a pop-up on this attempt, I'll never know.

What had been happening is Norton was deleting DSETUP.dll before the copy was completed. The original DSETUP.dll was still in my EQ folder, so without the pop-up I'd never know that it wasn't copied.

So I whitelisted DSETUP.dll. Copied it to my EQ folder, and re-ran EQ from my patchme shortcut. Now I'm in!

Lesson: Check your anti-virus history if you've tried everything else!

Hope this helps someone. I'm sorry for the wall of text. I'm just so happy to finally be able to play.

Thanks Project 1999 for your efforts. This old vet has been thirsting for classic EQ for a very long time...

Happy Hunting!
~Yog

shadowshardz
12-08-2014, 05:50 PM
Great stuff. solved my issue. NOD32 really doesnt like that DLL..

Ruien
12-14-2014, 11:40 PM
I had this same problem, also on linux.

The problem was simple: the P99Files36.zip file contains "dsetup.dll", but the EverQuest directory originally contained "DSETUP.dll", which isn't the same filename (on linux).

When you extract P99Files36.zip into that directory, you get both files. Just move the old "DSETUP.dll" out of the way, and EQ will find the new one.