Gaffin 7.0
06-13-2014, 01:00 PM
naw, shits classic

Kergan
06-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Manaburn works.

hivemind
06-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Just /petition them and accuse them of training and/or harassing you. They will get banned, which is far better than any sort of yellow text you might've been able to score on them. I mean, no--you will not kill a good bard. But you can definitely get them banned ;)

Kergan
06-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Manaburn is Luclin you'd know that if you ever pvp'd

Holy shit no way

Onslaughtz
06-13-2014, 01:42 PM
does mana drain from enchanter work?

rivalxl
06-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Bard's only use mana for like 2 songs, mana drain would be damn near useless.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Mana drain Tune he'll hunt you to the end of the earth. Dude likes his triple dirge attack mode.

Onslaughtz
06-13-2014, 02:00 PM
what about windstriker rangers is there a way bard can counter them?

Coan
06-13-2014, 02:06 PM
Just /petition them and accuse them of training and/or harassing you. They will get banned, which is far better than any sort of yellow text you might've been able to score on them. I mean, no--you will not kill a good bard. But you can definitely get them banned ;)

Perma death is the best way...all that gear lmao

Super Hater
06-13-2014, 02:09 PM
Holy shit no way

If you knew that, that prob wouldn't have been your answer. Just sayin...

iiNGloriouS
06-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Mana drain Tune he'll hunt you to the end of the earth. Dude likes his triple dirge attack mode.

Double*

Gaffin 7.0
06-13-2014, 02:25 PM
First off Bard's were shit in this era on live.

Highsun=Never landed

Brusco's=Never landed

Fire and Cold Chant=Never landed

Denon's sometimes landed if someone had a poison under 80, but that only worked on caster's as that requires them to get close.

Bard's weren't good at PvP till pop when they got Disease and Poison chant. They were actually harder to kill tho because Selo's broke root and snares.

This is true, my post was sarcasm, shit is far from classic, bards were pretty awful and only used in vel for tov.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Bards way op'd here due to resists.

Gaffin 7.0
06-13-2014, 02:46 PM
We need Dr. Nirgon to confirm this

hivemind
06-13-2014, 02:54 PM

Highsun=Never landed

Brusco's=Never landed

Denon's sometimes landed if someone had a poison under 80, but that only worked on caster's as that requires them to get close.

Bard's weren't good at PvP till pop when they got Disease and Poison chant. They were actually harder to kill tho because Selo's broke root and snares.

Annnnnnnnnd, you were clearly never a good bard. Don't think that has anything to do with era, though. Never played after Luclin (during PoP) and I assure you my bard raped. And Hivemind as well, up until he was banned :D

Gaffin 7.0
06-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Bards never raped on Rallos, you are a idiot, they were selo's bitches boxed.

heartbrand
06-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Annnnnnnnnd, you were clearly never a good bard. Don't think that has anything to do with era, though. Never played after Luclin (during PoP) and I assure you my bard raped. And Hivemind as well, up until he was banned :D

What about Heavens Myst tho?

hivemind
06-13-2014, 03:12 PM

Highsun=Never landed

Brusco's=Never landed

This was for the most part true (to the best of my memory). But this was what I was disagreeing with:

Never played during PoP, but I never really bothered trying to DoT kite people in PVP. Shit never landed, and standing on top of someone with SBoZ/SoED while hasted out the azzz was a pretty effective strategy at destroying anything wearing cloth. Anything else would be kited/mobs charmed at them/jousted until they died. Didn't you post in some other thread saying that Swyft (or whoever your bard is/was) is/was one of your worst characters you ever played? Don't think it was the era, no disrespect intended.

I never played on Rallos.

What about Heavens Myst tho?

I do not know what Heavens Myst is, tbh.

Onslaughtz
06-13-2014, 03:30 PM
what about windstriker rangers dont they kill bards 1v1?

Miller
06-13-2014, 03:53 PM
I do not know what Heavens Myst is, tbh.

Heavens Myst is a fucking legend, fuck off if you don't know what that is. VZTZ rep +++

But yeah, you won't kill a good bard. Only way you can counter a windstriker ranger though is to get right inside their ranged attack and if you can stay there you're golden but pretty impossible. Just run *****

Nirgon
06-13-2014, 03:57 PM

Highsun=Never landed

Brusco's=Never landed

This is actually true

Onslaughtz
06-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Heavens Myst is a fucking legend, fuck off if you don't know what that is. VZTZ rep +++

But yeah, you won't kill a good bard. Only way you can counter a windstriker ranger though is to get right inside their ranged attack and if you can stay there you're golden but pretty impossible. Just run *****

why wouid it be impossible aret bards the fastest?

Potus
06-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Bards were really good in pvp in every EQ era I played.

I don't know where people are getting the "they sucked" crap from, it's probably the same flawed memory that claims Necros destroyed everyone.

Miller
06-13-2014, 04:02 PM
why wouid it be impossible aret bards the fastest?

Because you have to hit a sweet spot in between melee range and ranged attack range because they would own you with either... That means
1) you have to be faster than them to correct for their movements (easy for a bard, as per your point)
2) you have to predict their movements because the range where they can't melee and also can't bow you isn't large at all so there is little room for error if you can pell them down and chant/bruscos them down you're good but highly unlikely and I doubt even the most skilled bard could pull it off except for a very rare exception

Kergan
06-13-2014, 04:13 PM
Bards were required in luclin and beyond, but not cause they killed people...just needed speed and shit.

Gaffin 7.0
06-13-2014, 05:28 PM
This is actually true

CONFIRMED BY THE DR /THREAD

Colgate
06-13-2014, 06:23 PM
lot of classes here can beat a bard 1v1

Onslaughtz
06-13-2014, 06:27 PM
lot of classes here can beat a bard 1v1

like what?

Colgate
06-13-2014, 06:32 PM
well bard melee gets absolutely raped by any damage shield, anyone with a regen buff or a troll/iksar with fungi out regens bard DoTs

bard will likely have to just run around and be obnoxious

manage to get a warrior sub-40% and he'll mightystrike and kill you with boulders in 5 seconds

good shadowknight will rape a bard

good paladin will never die

etc.

hivemind
06-13-2014, 06:46 PM
well bard melee gets absolutely raped by any damage shield, anyone with a regen buff or a troll/iksar with fungi out regens bard DoTs

manage to get a warrior sub-40% and he'll mightystrike and kill you with boulders in 5 seconds

etc.

It is not possible to kill a bard that knows what he is doing. The single strongest component of a bard is that a good bard will always be in control of the fight and in that way, dictate the pace and location of the fight. Bards are "annoying" because they are unbeatable unless you outplay them, which is particularly difficult if you limit yourself to in-game mechanics and refuse to resort to /petition.

Onslaughtz
06-13-2014, 06:47 PM

etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BduXioFL-yE

hmm how come at 25:46 this bard gets this warrior to 10% after quiting and bard wins the tourment? how come warrior didnt mightystrike and kill him with boulders in 5 seconds?

Colgate
06-13-2014, 06:49 PM
because heartbrand is not good at everquest and should never be used as a point of reference for how to play the game

hivemind
06-13-2014, 06:54 PM
because heartbrand is not good at everquest and should never be used as a point of reference for how to play the game

Some truths are more unfortunate than others.

Colgate
06-13-2014, 06:58 PM
don't get me wrong, bard is one of the strongest pvp classes

but a bard probably won't kill any of the classes/scenarios that i mentioned at max level unless the player is bad or caught in an atypical situation that would get them killed against pretty much every other class

Onslaughtz
06-13-2014, 07:20 PM

i mean like what was he doing wrong in the video vs that bard? seems like he was doing it right idk

Colgate
06-13-2014, 07:22 PM
i mean like what was he doing wrong in the video vs that bard? seems like he was doing it right idk

didn't see a single throwing boulder

Clark
06-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Get low and finish with mass root net.

hivemind
06-13-2014, 08:16 PM
don't get me wrong, bard is one of the strongest pvp classes

but a bard probably won't kill any of the classes/scenarios that i mentioned at max level unless the player is bad or caught in an atypical situation that would get them killed against pretty much every other class

Yeah, this is 100% true as far as my opinions are concerned. Bard is not a burst damage class, that is not where its strengths are derived from. The core strength of a bard is the ability to control any fight. If the bard is controlling the fight, then it is only a matter of time until the opponent leaves or dies. You can wear your opponents down both mentally and physically, until they start making mistakes and die. Or they get so worn down that they /petition until you get banned. Also a viable player vs player strategy.

Gaffin 7.0
06-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Get low and finish with mass root net.

aw yiss

Bardalicious
06-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Funny that Syft is posting in this thread making the statement that bards were shit this era on live. Why'd you make one on Red99? To EZ mode with highsun?

Then you quit and rerolled something even easier to gank with.

Kraz
06-13-2014, 10:12 PM
I have killed a few bards when rogue snare and disc... died in a few seconds.

hivemind
06-14-2014, 02:33 AM

Needs more DA and/or shadowstep.

Ezpk
06-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Well timed mighty strike or tstaff proc.

War/Monk tactics, gotta have timing + little luck

Clark
06-18-2014, 08:42 PM

Hell ya snare poison was my go to on rogue rallos zek.

Beastro
06-18-2014, 10:29 PM
From what I've over the years the only viable way to PvP as a Bard was when the Charmburn emerged in Luclin.

Gaffin 7.0
06-19-2014, 12:47 AM
bards were shit your memory is vague and cloudy, they were not even in the top 3 in velious PvP but great utility for groups/raids

Zihm
06-19-2014, 01:08 PM
The later disciplines were pretty bomb as well...

"pretty bomb?" you really went back to 1999 for that one.

Absynthe2k5
06-20-2014, 05:09 AM

No one from Rallos raped anything but the inside of a wet paper bag...

Beethoven
06-20-2014, 08:46 AM

Except the Sleeper....twice..... But oh i guess that doesn't count does it?

/end_all_be_all

Gaffin 7.0
06-20-2014, 09:11 AM

U w0t m8? Dont fuckin talk about Rallos like dat you teams server scum. Best server ever created in EQ

Twainz
06-22-2014, 10:56 PM

etc.

Does that mean Biggy is terrible at warrior? He popped defensive on me in WW and plugged at 15%.

NotKringe
06-23-2014, 05:29 AM
You all are full of shit and have no idea of Pvp happened on Rallos Zek.

This is all..

Blackbilly
06-23-2014, 08:11 AM

This is all..

i have an idea of pvp on rallos...

everyone knows covenant of the wolf raped rallos

hammer of brell and knights errant vied for #2 spot

rodmantw undisputed champion of everquest

Super Hater
06-23-2014, 09:47 AM

This is all..