PDA

View Full Version : Question concerning Regen

Nihil1ty
06-12-2014, 10:45 AM
So I was chatting with someone in EC today who is very seasoned on p99 and they had mentioned that there is a nerf at some point to Iksar regen.

I was curious if this is something that comes with Velious or a later patch? I actually rerolled from DE to Iksar weighing the benefits of regen for necromancers and found it was worth it, but if it IS nerfed at some point I don't want to weigh that into my decision and was also just curious in general. Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I couldn't find any information on it.

Thulack
06-12-2014, 10:52 AM
99% sure there is never a nerf to iksar regen.

Iphice
06-12-2014, 10:56 AM
Never heard of a nerf to Iksar regen so I am pretty sure it doesn't happen. You made a good choice, Iksar is master race. Also, the regen really helps you stay in skele form longer and get mana back.

Tecmos Deception
06-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Illusion: Iksar might have had regen at one point that was then nerfed. Currently it doesn't give any regen bonus at all. But the actual race iksar don't get their regen bonus nerfed ever, as far as I know.

Lojik
06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
There is currently a bug with iksar regen...when your health gets to 0% it stops working for some reason.

Supaskillz
06-12-2014, 11:06 AM
There is currently a bug with iksar regen...when your health gets to 0% it stops working for some reason.

It's my experience that that health regens to full in 1 tick when this happens

tristantio
06-12-2014, 11:09 AM
I thought you could be at 0% (0 hp) and still alive (but laying down) and being hit when at 0 hp (or going negative due to a bigger hit to begin with) caused death?

zanderklocke
06-12-2014, 11:34 AM

I think that's called dying. ;)

Messianic
06-12-2014, 11:36 AM
I think that's called dying. ;)

Way to ruin the joke

Uteunayr
06-12-2014, 11:39 AM
Iksar Regeneration is not nerfed as far as I am aware. I did not see anything about it in the patch notes either last time I scanned through them.

I believe Iksar regeneration remains the same up to this very day on live (not that you'll notice it with your HP regen being capped so easily).

Halius
06-12-2014, 11:39 AM

It's my experience that that health regens to full in 1 tick when this happens

Not only that but you also get teleported to a different area. Damn Iksars and their tricks.

webrunner5
06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
These people are right, no nerf. Just start one and kill every vender, guard, mob you find other than your home city and not loose any sleep about it. It will put a smile on your face. Faction, what faction. :D

Nihil1ty
06-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the replies guys! *phew*

Castigate
06-12-2014, 05:24 PM
I thought you could be at 0% (0 hp) and still alive (but laying down) and being hit when at 0 hp (or going negative due to a bigger hit to begin with) caused death?

Actually I've been wondering about something similar to this, when you get knocked to 0hp aren't you supposed to go unconscious rather than actually die? And then you would die at something like -30hp? I know for a fact that live had an actual unconscious hp range where you would get YOU ARE BLEEDING messages until either your natural regen brought you back to life or you fell/got hit enough to die.
From my experience in P99 this doesn't happen at all and you just die at 0.

Peon25
06-12-2014, 05:27 PM
You die at -10 iirc, 0 through -9 is unconscious, with -1 - -9 being in bleed status.
The term "purple club" came about because when unconscious, your lifebar would be purple as opposed to red. AAs in EQL add more to the unconscious range, so you can be -500, -1000, etc HP under and be unconscious, but not die (loss of exp, buffs, zoning, etc).

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-12-2014, 05:29 PM
One can go to purple on the health bar. Happens all the time. You fall down "unconscious." Not sure if regen works if you go unconscious.

fastboy21
06-12-2014, 05:39 PM
Illusion: Iksar might have had regen at one point that was then nerfed. Currently it doesn't give any regen bonus at all. But the actual race iksar don't get their regen bonus nerfed ever, as far as I know.

this is correct. the illusion iksar from the bard/rogue mask may once have gave regen on live; i don't believe it ever did here nor do i know when it was nerfed on live.

Clark
06-12-2014, 08:01 PM
99% sure there is never a nerf to iksar regen.

Castigate
06-13-2014, 03:52 AM
One can go to purple on the health bar. Happens all the time. You fall down "unconscious." Not sure if regen works if you go unconscious.

In P99 right now you cannot, I've had many people recently corpse me with very weak melee attacks and I always die right at 0, there is no actual unconscious range. You can fall unconscious for a moment sometimes, but you instantly get back up at whatever HP you were supposed to have, I assume it's from an error in how damage gets calculated, like how nukes/HTs will show their damage twice sometimes, the second time knocking you unconscious for a split second before your HP return to where they are supposed to be.

Valdarious
06-13-2014, 06:59 AM
I personally think it is the server communications tick. Pay attention to your health when in regen status in between fights and you will see your health go up and down until the server catches back up with your client.
I find it odd as I have a 42ms to the server and still get this kind of weird networking error.
I have been knocked unconscious once on p99 and that was when I was level two and the mob just couldn't hit me hard enough.