PDA

View Full Version : Server Cycles

Elderan
06-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Ever since I joined this server in Jan 2013 I have seen a cycle repeat itself at least 4 times.

Stage 1 Nihilum dominates the server
Stage 2 Azrael and friends start to build to contest
Stage 3 Azrael and friends contest
Stage 4 Niihlum starts dominating again
Stage 5 Azrael gets buddy buddy with GMS and tries to get Nihilum and or members banned
Stage 6 Azrael and friends try and change the server rules to benefit them.
Stage 7 Azrael gives up and quits

Repeat the cycle

Right now the server is on stage 6. We just went through stage 5 and we are getting close to stage 7.

Colgate
06-11-2014, 09:18 PM
LOL

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 09:22 PM
Elderan you should just remove the number keys from your keyboard, because we all know you're bad at those.

compulsion
06-11-2014, 10:44 PM
I can just imagine Nizzar, freshly banned on however many accounts, short on rent after spending all that green dragon scale money on a pallet of Mt. Dew from Costco. Despondent and broken, unsure now of how he will be remembered in life...

And then, like Prince Charming in a fairy tale, he gets a Skype from Elderan. "Hey, I bought you a new computer and had it shipped over night to your apartment. The wall paper is a sweet photoshop of us hugging Firiona Vie with Venil Sathir's shadow on the horizon. I really hope it reminds you of the joy you felt pulling the same handful of mobs for the last 700+ weeks on countless EMUs."

Since you really enjoy keeping track of trivial information, what cycle is that on ^?

Quiet
06-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Pallet of Mt. Dew. I lolled

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 11:24 PM
I can just imagine Nizzar, freshly banned on however many accounts, short on rent after spending all that green dragon scale money on a pallet of Mt. Dew from Costco. Despondent and broken, unsure now of how he will be remembered in life...

And then, like Prince Charming in a fairy tale, he gets a Skype from Elderan. "Hey, I bought you a new computer and had it shipped over night to your apartment. The wall paper is a sweet photoshop of us hugging Firiona Vie with Venil Sathir's shadow on the horizon. I really hope it reminds you of the joy you felt pulling the same handful of mobs for the last 700+ weeks on countless EMUs."

Since you really enjoy keeping track of trivial information, what cycle is that on ^?

Is it bad that I felt slightly nostalgic when reading this?

Mac Drettj
06-11-2014, 11:38 PM

Potus
06-12-2014, 12:54 AM

A group of pals this dedicated to the server can only be a good thing.

Bless you, Dukester.

Clark
06-12-2014, 02:39 AM

:D

Sektor
06-12-2014, 06:49 AM
I only wish the gms were biased and on our side, if that were the case i'd prob recruit another 200+ players heheheheh!

LulzSect
06-12-2014, 08:16 AM

Gaanon
06-12-2014, 09:02 AM
I do believe having Sundawg is an unfair advantage, but I don't believe it's an I WIN button.

What you see Elderan is someone building an army to contest (usually Lite, was HB for a bit) and then contesting and burning out.

Recently, we saw what simulated repops does and how it allows mobs to go outside of #1, and it gave Azrael a major burst in motivation.

If we don't add simulated repops weekly, it will be a 1 guild farm box, this was said a long time ago - this isn't a cycle, it's people don't like going head to head against Nihilum, especially when losing.

I'm sure in another 6 months without simulated repops there will be another guild (maybe) that rises up, maybe some nihi will disband to shake things up.

But ultimately it will go back to 1 guild farming uncontested, and #2 guild burning out.

If people can gain momentum with simulated repops and focus on those, it will sustain them while they try to look at the static timers.

I know Nihilum is so bitter that they'd rather see Azrael struggle than benefit the whole server, but this is the obvious answer to allow contesting guilds.

I wish your members weren't such fucking bitter disgruntled retards (mostly from Lite ass fucking them) that they follow every good idea with massive tears.

Kergan
06-12-2014, 09:12 AM
I do believe having Sundawg is an unfair advantage, but I don't believe it's an I WIN button.

What you see Elderan is someone building an army to contest (usually Lite, was HB for a bit) and then contesting and burning out.

Recently, we saw what simulated repops does and how it allows mobs to go outside of #1, and it gave Azrael a major burst in motivation.

If we don't add simulated repops weekly, it will be a 1 guild farm box, this was said a long time ago - this isn't a cycle, it's people don't like going head to head against Nihilum, especially when losing.

I'm sure in another 6 months without simulated repops there will be another guild (maybe) that rises up, maybe some nihi will disband to shake things up.

But ultimately it will go back to 1 guild farming uncontested, and #2 guild burning out.

If people can gain momentum with simulated repops and focus on those, it will sustain them while they try to look at the static timers.

I know Nihilum is so bitter that they'd rather see Azrael struggle than benefit the whole server, but this is the obvious answer to allow contesting guilds.

I wish your members weren't such fucking bitter disgruntled retards (mostly from Lite ass fucking them) that they follow every good idea with massive tears.

TLDR

Gaanon
06-12-2014, 09:13 AM
Don't worry it's just me predicting the future, again.

LostCause
06-12-2014, 09:36 AM
Elderan you should just remove the number keys from your keyboard, because we all know you're bad at those.

you don't even play here man but you care so much to post daily.

Versch
06-12-2014, 09:41 AM
http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5423470_f520.jpg

FaithlessKR
06-12-2014, 04:46 PM
you don't even play here man but you care so much to post daily.

I don't play here anymore you're correct. Just waiting for an elf sim to be released that is worth playing YA KNOW

Bazia
06-12-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't even dislike Nihilum but it's kind of an odd accusation to say Azrael gets favoritism when you have a developer in your guild and at least 2 guides I know of were former Nihilum members themselves.

Mac Drettj
06-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Pras the dog
The Haydog
The nildog
The sun dog
The Zade dog
Pras them all

a_gnoll_pup
06-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I don't even dislike Nihilum but it's kind of an odd accusation to say Azrael gets favoritism when you have a developer in your guild and at least 2 guides I know of were former Nihilum members themselves.

That's probably because favoritism doesn't happen no matter what side you're on. Only pixels and tears now.

Elderan
06-13-2014, 09:22 AM
That's probably because favoritism doesn't happen no matter what side you're on. Only pixels and tears now.

GMs generally don't outright favor some side. But if you get in a GMs ear long enough they can make some unwise decisions.

Lite is going crazy right now though, I hope I don't have to add a Stage 8 - Lite goes to a mental hospital.

Slathar
06-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Is there something wrong with going to a mental institution?

Kergan
06-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Nope it is a place for healing. I think many people on this server would benefit quite a bit from a brief stay.

Tassador
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Server health cycle:

1.) nilly splits
2.) azrael splits
3.) 4 guilds contest

What's going to happen, azrael tired of 70-40 fights. Nilly wins because of pure skill and not hours of dedication. Server balances back to 100's when late game diminishes.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize it was give a shit about someone who doesn't matter in PvP day. I'll mark it on my calendar so I can comment on another one of your threads next year.

You in range of lvl 60s yet?

LostCause
06-13-2014, 11:13 AM
what happen to your bard?

Tassador
06-13-2014, 11:15 AM
This guy pvp's ignore the shit talking he actually pvp's.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 11:16 AM
lol Darkenbane...biggest non-factor guild in the history of EverQuest.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Ruin was gone like 3 months in, did you even play?

Kergan
06-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Hah did some google searches and came across this gem:

Darkenbane Company (DB)

Neutral guild famed for their temporary dominance of point boards and exploiting a Skyshrine quest to level. Also the origin of the phrase "clearly a Darkenbane victory," which means losing horribly and claiming that you came on top for some ridiculous reason.

Disbanded over a Bio Orb.

http://sullonzeknojihadv2.yuku.com/topic/389/SZ-Index#.U5soUrEvCpg

Fits this Sift guy so well it's hilarious.

My only memory of Darkenbane from SZ (because they were such non factors) was my beastlord pet literally solo'ing Grayrage while I fought other more challenging players. Dude tried to chain cast gate and dat interrupt just kept owning him until he was nothing but a corpse.

To be fair they were even less factors on RZ.

Jib
06-13-2014, 12:44 PM
Variance would be so good for this server. would really increase the server population. house more guilds and be a much better play environment.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Vindictive another guild that wasn't even the top on their faction (sorta like DB).

Pretty sure at this point you never played SZ.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 01:45 PM
FYI that same page happened to have a blurb on my guild from SZ (before I joined Hate):

Nine

Small, tight nit, high end evil aligned guild. Perhaps most famous for their guild war with fellow evil guild <Infeste Nex>. To put it mildly, the war did not offer a favourable outcome for Infeste Nex.

We won like 107-9 in kills despite being roughly 1/5 their size. They begged to end the guild war and eventually we allowed them to by sac'ing their ogre SK guildleader from 65 down to 46.

Kergan
06-13-2014, 02:34 PM
Read the vindictive entry from that site, sums it up pretty goog.

Guild was a flash in the pan. Hate dominated that server for longer than Nihilum has dominated this one.

I really miss Nine, was elite as fuck.

P.s. Nizzar was in Ruin lol.

Sweetbaby Jesus
06-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Variance would be so good for this server. would really increase the server population. house more guilds and be a much better play environment.

You couldn't be more wrong about variance. It would hurt the server even more for anyone outside of nihilum. If you think Nihilum is a zerg now wait til you get variance pushed through and nihilum increases it's recruitment efforts to have 70+ active. Guilds with 30 "Spartans" will still be dominated by sheer numbers alone. Variance turns the game into a competition of who can log more in quicker. The bigger guild will win just as easy if not easier then. Tracking will just be an annoyance

hivemind
06-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Hah did some google searches and came across this gem...

Also the origin of the phrase "clearly a Darkenbane victory," which means losing horribly and claiming that you came on top for some ridiculous reason.

Hahahaha I had forgotten about that! Holy fuck that was funny, and still is to this day. Thanks for reminding me about that fucking gem! Fucking Darkenbane... lol.

Quiet
06-13-2014, 02:53 PM
You couldn't be more wrong about variance. It would hurt the server even more for anyone outside of nihilum. If you think Nihilum is a zerg now wait til you get variance pushed through and nihilum increases it's recruitment efforts to have 70+ active. Guilds with 30 "Spartans" will still be dominated by sheer numbers alone. Variance turns the game into a competition of who can log more in quicker. The bigger guild will win just as easy if not easier then. Tracking will just be an annoyance

Variance Favors the guild with the thickest neckbeards by far. Absurdly favors them. It makes for a sheer numbers / log in speed game.

Sweetbaby Jesus
06-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I do support the sim patch day re pops tho. I think this will keep players in lesser guilds a little more motivated to not give up. However I would still much rather see another large guild form so that we can have more huge guild wars for the raid scene.

Clark
06-13-2014, 07:37 PM

:D

Kergan
06-13-2014, 11:32 PM
Darkenbane was ranked number 1 on SZ from Launch to Pop and...

Darkenbane pretty much a long running joke on EQ PVP servers. I've just been assuming that you're trolling when you refer to PVP boards as having any sort of meaning but I'm starting to think you're serious.

abacab-bansdontwork
06-14-2014, 12:10 AM
Darkenbane was ranked number 1 on SZ from Launch to Pop and...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/51020710.jpg

hivemind
06-14-2014, 03:11 AM
When were PVP boards even released on Sullon Zek? I almost think I missed out on them or something wtf? I cannot remember them. I played during velious and part of luclin.

All I remember is having bags on bags on BAGS of different coins (insignias?) from different deities in my bank. And I don't think there was even something to buy with that shit. Damn.

compulsion
06-14-2014, 06:23 AM
I had bags full of superior stack which at the time stood for 200 kills per 20 stack. and nah you could never buy shit with them.

But yea the boards were always up on sullon.

Not really. Player level determined the type of coin that was dropped. I think 60 dropped superior, then greater, no prefix, lesser, minor. Low and mid level coins could be combined and upgraded. I remember Sony announcing that good and neutral players would be able to turn them in for summon corpse pots, though I never had the need.

Sadly, the SZ leaderboards can no longer be accessed on the wayback machine or I could link a lot of fun information.

Mellor
06-14-2014, 06:32 AM
Couldnt coins be traded for some summon corpse thing?!

R Flair
06-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Darkenbane pretty much a long running joke on EQ PVP servers. I've just been assuming that you're trolling when you refer to PVP boards as having any sort of meaning but I'm starting to think you're serious.

This could be partly due to their reputation on Rallos zek. They were the highest level PK guild early on, but since most players were anti-pk they got shit on all across norrath.

mikemandella
06-14-2014, 10:34 AM

Kind of like how Nihilum on EQEMU is the running joke of the actual Nihilum, who actually did anything.. that anyone remotely could care about... GL with your zerg. Haha

- Oppressor