06-11-2014, 06:56 PM
yes

3. The Lite Rule. GMs won't ask if you won't tell

Colgate
06-11-2014, 07:17 PM
o man dis thread gonna be GOOG

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 07:22 PM
I seriously wanna hear people's argument against boxing. I've never understood a reason not to have it.

hivemind
06-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Boxing blows ass. I personally hate boxing, and I cannot stand grouping with other people that do. You let the server box, and all of a sudden I have no option but to solo (since everyone is boxing and boxing blows my BALLS (in addition to blowing ass already)).

Then you end up with a situation where I am 1v4ing Samdancer, Samprancer, Samromancer, and whatever the fuck Sam #4 is called, making yellow text rain like it's going out of style. Next thing you know I'm fuckin banned for PVPing on a PVP server.

And that is why you don't allow boxing, friends.

SprinklesAK
06-11-2014, 07:29 PM
I seriously wanna hear people's argument against boxing. I've never understood a reason not to have it.

Because allowing boxing will drive all players to box instead of play socially. EQ is built on the concept of working together with others to achieve things, and boxing directly undermines that concept.

Players not interested in boxing will quit or not join a server that allows boxing, actual human player count will drop long term.

Maybe try playing with new players instead of finding ways to avoid interacting with others?

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Multi-boxing was never brought up. Having 1 maybe even 2 boxes doesn't do shit to the grouping or pvp state of a server. Because lets face it unless you've got a cleric in a super safe spot, you log off boxes for pvp because they're a detriment.

Hivemind sounds like he's running on an apple 2 and can't box himself.

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Because allowing boxing will drive all players to box instead of play socially. EQ is built on the concept of working together with others to achieve things, and boxing directly undermines that concept.

Players not interested in boxing will quit or not join a server that allows boxing, actual human player count will drop long term.

Maybe try playing with new players instead of finding ways to avoid interacting with others?

Yes because I want to be 100% reliant on having 15 porter friends who can port me any time i log on just to get somewhere??

I have about 6 and I can't remember the last time one of them was online and not too busy to come port my rogue around. Your arguments are invalid and absolutely ridiculous.

I boxed my entire EQ career and played socially nearly the entire time, and when pals quit...guess what I can still play because I'm not grounded by having one character in the world. When it all comes down to it, you can't 2 box trakanon, you can't 2 box venril sathir, you can't 2 box anything....so how is boxing ruining a social theme?

hivemind
06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Multi-boxing was never brought up. Having 1 maybe even 2 boxes doesn't do shit to the grouping or pvp state of a server. Because lets face it unless you've got a cleric in a super safe spot, you log off boxes for pvp because they're a detriment.

Hivemind sounds like he's running on an apple 2 and can't box himself.

I think the last apple product I owned (the only I can ever remember owning) was a first generation ipod. Thing was a gigantic sack of shit, and gave me all the impression I needed to never purchase another apple product again. I guess it's easier on the imagination to make assumptions like I'm poor and/or am running on a shitty computer, and use that as reason as to why I dislike boxing.

It's a good idea, but wrong. And while "multi-boxing" was never brought up, boxing one client is pretty comparable to boxing two clients, which is pretty comparable to boxing three clients, and so forth. It's been my experience that the vast majority cannot even control one player character very well, let alone more than one. I don't like playing with shitties which is part of the reason that I cannot stand playing EQ on non-PVP server, and is part of the reason I cannot stand playing with people who box.

Sorry you can't do shit on one account and feel the need to be able to box in order to enjoy this game. Must suck.

Kelsar
06-11-2014, 07:38 PM
yes

Don't you already box?

Tradesonred
06-11-2014, 07:40 PM
I boxed my entire EQ career and played socially nearly the entire time, and when pals quit...guess what I can still play because I'm not grounded by having one character in the world. When it all comes down to it, you can't 2 box trakanon, you can't 2 box venril sathir, you can't 2 box anything....so how is boxing ruining a social theme?

Brainz

/thread

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 07:43 PM
I think the last apple product I owned (the only I can ever remember owning) was a first generation ipod. Thing was a gigantic sack of shit, and gave me all the impression I needed to never purchase another apple product again. I guess it's easier on the imagination to make assumptions like I'm poor and/or am running on a shitty computer, and use that as reason as to why I dislike boxing.

It's a good idea, but wrong. And while "multi-boxing" was never brought up, boxing one client is pretty comparable to boxing two clients, which is pretty comparable to boxing three clients, and so forth. It's been my experience that the vast majority cannot even control one player character very well, let alone more than one. I don't like playing with shitties which is part of the reason that I cannot stand playing EQ on non-PVP server, and is part of the reason I cannot stand playing with people who box.

Sorry you can't do shit on one account and feel the need to be able to box in order to enjoy this game. Must suck.

Has nothing to do with "sucking at the game", more along the lines of I don't have 6+ hours a day to neckbeard on this crappy server just to get something done.

This world is to big and there are not enough players, you play a geared melee at level 60 and tell me how much fun you're having without a porter, my guess will be zero unless you're a gigantic bluebie faggot who only logs on for respawn days in Nihilum.

Salaryman
06-11-2014, 07:45 PM
I get mad when people park their 60 clerics in zone to res. I think they should limit it to one character per person. You guys cant handle leveling up with rustys, cant handle guk without parked cleric, cant handle EQ.
Classic EQ is a game where you need to contant other humans, and need to be logged in all the time to succeed, you guys dont want classic EQ.
QQ to get pvp xp death out,
QQ to make LNS rules
QQ so you can box
you suck

SprinklesAK
06-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Yes because I want to be 100% reliant on having 15 porter friends who can port me any time i log on just to get somewhere??

I have about 6 and I can't remember the last time one of them was online and not too busy to come port my rogue around. Your arguments are invalid and absolutely ridiculous.

Perhaps a 2 box limit wouldn't be as bad, I assumed this was talking about unlimited boxing. However, I know nobody on this server and have got around just fine without ports or gate. Maybe get to know more people? Maybe pay one of the druids porting people? (they are mostly newer players that could use the help)

Boxing for most of your EQ career I'm betting was live where most people did not box. So of course it is easy to be social when you are the lone 2 boxer and everyone wants to be your buddy because you have two characters. When boxing becomes available to everyone, everyone boxes, which means every group becomes 3 players right there.

So it definitely does limit the social aspect. If two boxing actually attracted enough new people to offset the reduced grouping and social opportunities it might not be bad. But it really seems like the main reason people want to box is to make their lives more convenient and make themselves less reliant on others.

IMO the definition of EQ's design is reliance on others and having to make friends. Clearly most of this server despises that fact, yet still continues to play EQ.

You don't have to agree with me, and I understand that you don't want to have to rely on others, but I don't like allowing boxing. I like that I have to make friends and talk to people, and I have to think about whether I PK, help, or ignore someone because that choice will matter because I can't live without everyone else. Not that boxing would eliminate that, but it does reduce it and I see no need to reduce it.

Tradesonred
I get mad when people park their 60 clerics in zone to res. I think they should limit it to one character per person. You guys cant handle leveling up with rustys, cant handle guk without parked cleric, cant handle EQ.
Classic EQ is a game where you need to contant other humans, and need to be logged in all the time to succeed, you guys dont want classic EQ.
QQ to make LNS rules
QQ so you can box
you suck

xp loss on death was the worst of the bad decisions made by devs

If they had allowed it to carry on, even with PnP it would have destroyed the box

Nobody but a core of maybe 60 neckbeards can have fun when you need to grind on top of the grind

hivemind
Has nothing to do with "sucking at the game", more along the lines of I don't have 6+ hours a day to neckbeard on this crappy server just to get something done.

This world is to big and there are not enough players, you play a geared melee at level 60 and tell me how much fun you're having without a porter, my guess will be zero unless you're a gigantic bluebie faggot who only logs on for respawn days in Nihilum.

When you use quotations, consider actually quoting something I said as opposed to quoting some set of words that you imagined (or interpreted) me as saying. I said I don't like playing with shitties... and I said that most people cannot play one character let alone more than one... The implication here is that it is more difficult to play more characters... and most people can't play one. It really shouldn't require explicit explanation, but that's what happens when someone quotes something that isn't there and I am left to go back and explain what it was that I actually said.

As I said before:

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 07:49 PM
QQ to make LNS rules
QQ so you can box
you suck

Can't handle sentence structure, can't handle english.

Can't box?? Can't handle classic EQ

hivemind
06-11-2014, 07:52 PM
xp loss on death was the worst of the bad decisions made by devs

Quoted for extreme carebearism. Bluest EQ PVP server I have ever played on, without contest. Part of this can be discerned immediately from the population that comprises the server, and the rest of this can be discerned from the hilarious set of rules on this server. I won't even get started on the staff policy of ban-first, ask-questions later. Carebear as fuck server :)

At least it's easier than blue in most ways imaginable. Otherwise the server would already be dead.

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Perhaps a 2 box limit wouldn't be as bad, I assumed this was talking about unlimited boxing. However, I know nobody on this server and have got around just fine without ports or gate. Maybe get to know more people? Maybe pay one of the druids porting people? (they are mostly newer players that could use the help)

Boxing for most of your EQ career I'm betting was live where most people did not box. So of course it is easy to be social when you are the lone 2 boxer and everyone wants to be your buddy because you have two characters. When boxing becomes available to everyone, everyone boxes, which means every group becomes 3 players right there.

So it definitely does limit the social aspect. If two boxing actually attracted enough new people to offset the reduced grouping and social opportunities it might not be bad. But it really seems like the main reason people want to box is to make their lives more convenient and make themselves less reliant on others.

IMO the definition of EQ's design is reliance on others and having to make friends. Clearly most of this server despises that fact, yet still continues to play EQ.

You don't have to agree with me, and I understand that you don't want to have to rely on others, but I don't like allowing boxing. I like that I have to make friends and talk to people, and I have to think about whether I PK, help, or ignore someone because that choice will matter because I can't live without everyone else. Not that boxing would eliminate that, but it does reduce it and I see no need to reduce it.

I've been on this server since before the legendary items were removed. I've made many friends on this box, because I've been here for a very long time.

That being said, those of us who have been here that long don't want to have to log on a porter every 15 minutes to port every single melee around the world at max level because we're looking for pvp or something else to do.

The game grows completely fucking stale at max level when mass pvp or raiding isn't lined up, because you are 100% reliant on someone getting off their main character to be a port bitch. All you scrubs leveling up right now haven't been here, you haven't sat here at max level where there are no random ports available for over a year, so I really don't respect any of your opinions on the matter.

I don't play here anymore because of this, in fact the last week I did play I 2 boxed every single night just to get my rogue to wherever the action was, and even 2 boxed to rez myself after nearly letting my corpse rot out of frustration with how dumb this server is.

You can call this a QQ post and I honestly wouldn't care, it is a bit of tears because this game was fun on live all the way through velious and even a bit fun into PoP. I like playing melees, and have ever since the days when I first started, I don't feel like I should have to be chained down by the porter economy on the server just to be able to do anything.

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Quoted for extreme carebearism. Bluest EQ PVP server I have ever played on, without contest. Part of this can be discerned immediately from the population that comprises the server, and the rest of this can be discerned from the hilarious set of rules on this server. I won't even get started on the staff policy of ban-first, ask-questions later. Carebear as fuck server :)

At least it's easier than blue in most ways imaginable. Otherwise the server would already be dead.

Uhhh, unless sullon zek had xp loss on pvp death then this is the first server I've ever seen with that setting. It was a retarded rule, and only further deteriorated the chances of finding pvp on this server.

Nobody was willing to die, the xp loss from pvp was not rezzable, and unless your side had a numbers advantage...there was no way anyone stuck around for pvp. Nihilum included.

Who the fuck is this retard hivemind anyway?

Tradesonred
06-11-2014, 08:01 PM

Main reason is to make it possible to guerilla challenge larger, "zergy" guilds like nihilum.

Think about that for a second and where the opposition would be if they still ate xp death for trying to contest a mob nihilum is preparing on engaging.

Yeah.

I was one of the few trying to convince other people to engage nihilum in fear in classic, trying to talk abysal and andis into putting non-factor disputes from vztz aside to fight nihilum with holocaust, so i dont need to be lectured by some new guy over my carebearism, but thx.

Theres a few marlboro men like you and chewie that would play till they pull the plug. I wouldnt be playing because I dont have fun on a dead box.

hivemind
06-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Uhhh, unless sullon zek had xp loss on pvp death then this is the first server I've ever seen with that setting. It was a retarded rule, and only further deteriorated the chances of finding pvp on this server.

Nobody was willing to die, the xp loss from pvp was not rezzable, and unless your side had a numbers advantage...there was no way anyone stuck around for pvp. Nihilum included.

Who the fuck is this retard hivemind anyway?

Sullon Zek did have exp loss on pvp death. I can tell you did a lot of pvping there. If you had a hard time finding pvp on Sullon Zek you were either a pussy, or evil (in other words you were a pussy).

Hardcore rules aren't for everyone, and definitely not for pussies. But that's why we have red99 with LNS where you can get bind rushed until you get banned for killing people who refuse to call LNS :) Basically zero consequences for pvp death (unless you happen to be special and carrying 9000 platinum on you), but you can absolutely get banned for PVPing people. Some people might say that risk-factor makes it all the more exciting... I am still trying to figure that out.

Not sure the rest of what you said, my erection sort of died out when you asked if there was exp loss for PVP death on SZ. Who are you?

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Sullon Zek did have exp loss on pvp death. I can tell you did a lot of pvping there. If you had a hard time finding pvp on Sullon Zek you were either a pussy, or evil (in other words you were a pussy).

Hardcore rules aren't for everyone, and definitely not for pussies. But that's why we have red99 with LNS where you can get bind rushed until you get banned for killing people who refuse to call LNS :) Basically zero consequences for pvp death (unless you happen to be special and carrying 9000 platinum on you), but you can absolutely get banned for PVPing people. Some people might say that risk-factor makes it all the more exciting... I am still trying to figure that out.

Not sure the rest of what you said, my erection sort of died out when you asked if there was exp loss for PVP death on SZ. Who are you?

Sullon Zek was the biggest joke of a server on live, only the rejects who failed on the other 3 servers went there. And this is also why when the servers re-merged hate got their shit pushed in by pretty much every single guild.

Your opinions are now invalid in my eyes, as you're nothing but backwater reject trash.

Tradesonred
06-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Hardcore rules aren't for everyone, and definitely not for pussies.

Thats just chewie-like, im so strong i can smoke cigarettes and not get cancer marlboro man bullshit.

Xp loss encourages zerging even more than EQ naturally does because its a numbers game with some skills mixed in. It drove away alot of casuals who werent able to learn to pvp because the learning curve becomes a 90 degrees affair, try to discover in EQ pvp what works and what doesnt, with 4 to 1 odds 90% of the times with hologank trains running about.

Item loss was the way to go, but because devs came in with a PVE mindset (this isnt COD, poop camp control mechanic through xp loss) they implemented some ill-thought measure that was worst and entrenched themselves on that position until it wasnt possible to ignore reality anymore.

We lost that 600 pop we had when server launched mainly because of this and population would have kept declining to single digit pop (which it did) if it hadnt been changed.

Mac Drettj
06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Boxing blows ass. I personally hate boxing, and I cannot stand grouping with other people that do. You let the server box, and all of a sudden I have no option but to solo [since everyone is boxing and boxing blows my BALLS (in addition to blowing ass already)].

ftfy

Azure
06-11-2014, 08:17 PM
yes please, every server I ever played on that you could at least two box was just as good as this one community wise. Boxing does not harm communities.

Thats just chewie-like, im so strong i can smoke cigarettes and not get cancer marlboro man bullshit.

I chortled.

hivemind
06-11-2014, 08:43 PM

You speak in weird hypotheticals and hilarious (but poor) analogies. Different strokes for different folks buddy. Yeah I understandably rustled you and probably some other people by implying you were pussies. Not very classy, but let's try not being so sensitive. I have no doubts that you (and a lot of other people) would've hated SZ. I called you pussies... but, just a different bland of bloke. That's easier to swallow, yeah?

I was not being facetious when I said:

I have no doubts that if there was still exp loss on red99, the server would either be dead or it would have less population than it does now. Most people don't actually enjoy things of an extreme nature... and a server with SZ type ruleset is definitely extreme, bro. I didn't even play on red99 when it had exp loss, and that is quite unfortunate. It is something I personally prefer, which makes me really hard just thinking about how manly that makes me both in and out of the elf sim... man, SO manly that I could just fuck some little bluebie pussies. But I can't do that currently, as I am pvp BANNED. All that being said, I respect your desires as an elf sim citizen of red99, and again I reiterate "different strokes", homie.

Kergan
06-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Sullon Zek was the biggest joke of a server on live, only the rejects who failed on the other 3 servers went there. And this is also why when the servers re-merged hate got their shit pushed in by pretty much every single guild.

Your opinions are now invalid in my eyes, as you're nothing but backwater reject trash.

PVP was better on SZ than RZ actually.

hivemind
06-11-2014, 08:50 PM

This guy gets so upset just talking on the forums, I could not see him enjoying a server like SZ. I was only 13 years old when I played SZ bro, crushing it like you wouldn't even believe. You would almost certainly be better at video games if you just relaxed a little bit. Don't take everything so seriously :)

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 09:18 PM

The PvP environment must have been better, but the players were far worse skill wise. Which is why hate was crushed in every conceivable way when the servers merged into Zek.

I don't take everything so seriously, it's because I dont take it serious that I'm letting a full lustrous rogue rot inside of the server rather than play it on this server. It's not worth the stress unless changes are made to make this server playable at max level on a melee.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Brevity

Buhbuh
06-11-2014, 09:25 PM
from my experiences/ what i've been told, TZ and SZ were a little more merciless than the other two.

it seems like RZ had a very active community that wanted to combat "PKs" and anything that resembled PvP for no purpose other than to do it.

I think VZ's community had a pretty decent play-nice policy set in place (this was probably more to Defiant's benefit than anyone else, really).

Pandemonium, in a lot of ways, was ruthless.

I came back for like a week during the combined Zek time, and it seemed like everyone disliked <Hate> from SZ, because they played as dirty as possible to get that win. Though I'm pretty certain Pandemonium was all around, in numbers, gear and in skill, equally or more gifted than Hate at wrecking people. Hate just didn't have the players or the gear.

i was only a bystander by that point, but it seemed like ascending dawn, ancient dawn, and defiant weren't ever tested hard enough on their own servers to thrive in any significant way when it came down to a fight between all of them.

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 09:31 PM
from my experiences/ what i've been told, TZ and SZ were a little more merciless than the other two.

it seems like RZ had a very active community that wanted to combat "PKs" and anything that resembled PvP for no purpose other than to do it.

I think VZ's community had a pretty decent play-nice policy set in place (this was probably more to Defiant's benefit than anyone else, really).

Pandemonium, in a lot of ways, was ruthless.

I came back for like a week during the combined Zek time, and it seemed like everyone disliked <Hate> from SZ, because they played as dirty as possible to get that win. Though I'm pretty certain Pandemonium was all around, in numbers, gear and in skill, equally or more gifted than Hate at wrecking people. Hate just didn't have the players or the gear.

i was only a bystander by that point, but it seemed like ascending dawn, ancient dawn, and defiant weren't ever tested hard enough on their own servers to thrive in any significant way when it came down to a fight between all of them.

You nailed a lot of it, coming from TZ we were probably the most hardcore of the original 3. At the server merger I was playing with utanven/blaytent and joined ASD I think.

I remember a few occasions of walking into a zone and seeing 60-70+ tagged Hate members, so they weren't undermanned by any stretch. But they were definitely the most hated and defiant/ASD made it their job to stomp them into the ground pretty quick.

Mac Drettj
06-11-2014, 09:33 PM
dead cause

nilbog thinks 2boxing = skynet robots taking over the eqemu for some weird reason, and will never allow it, despite the fact that highly visible people in the community do it daily and nilbogs hired staff turn the other way and ignore it

Buhbuh
06-11-2014, 09:41 PM
yeah from what i understood, it seemed like Defiant had the most gear, followed by PDM, then Ancient Dawn, then Hate, then Ascending.

did not realize <Hate> fielded that many people. that's a lot. that guild struck me as just a bunch of people who wanted to wreck shit and be on top, and they wore that motive on their sleeves, whereas PDM had much more of a quiet tact as far as taking over and crushing opposition went.

i played with blaytent and fistov a lot when i came back for a few weeks, too. they werent in ASD at that time, though. i had given my monk away before the merge, and some faggot renamed buhbuh to 'Slay'. it was so gay. hahahaha. i did have a fabled T staff though

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 10:03 PM
yeah from what i understood, it seemed like Defiant had the most gear, followed by PDM, then Ancient Dawn, then Hate, then Ascending.

did not realize <Hate> fielded that many people. that's a lot. that guild struck me as just a bunch of people who wanted to wreck shit and be on top, and they wore that motive on their sleeves, whereas PDM had much more of a quiet tact as far as taking over and crushing opposition went.

i played with blaytent and fistov a lot when i came back for a few weeks, too. they werent in ASD at that time, though. i had given my monk away before the merge, and some faggot renamed buhbuh to 'Slay'. it was so gay. hahahaha. i did have a fabled T staff though

When you came back I was fistov at that time probably. I played fistov probably the most between TRC cockblocking until the time he was banned (thanks hateraid :/ ).

But yeah Hate had a lot at the merger, but within a month their numbers dropped by half because of how bad they were getting stomped, or possibly bannings from mq2 warp.

Knuckle
06-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Boxing blows ass. I personally hate boxing, and I cannot stand grouping with other people that do. You let the server box, and all of a sudden I have no option but to solo (since everyone is boxing and boxing blows my BALLS (in addition to blowing ass already)).

Then you end up with a situation where I am 1v4ing Samdancer, Samprancer, Samromancer, and whatever the fuck Sam #4 is called, making yellow text rain like it's going out of style. Next thing you know I'm fuckin banned for PVPing on a PVP server.

And that is why you don't allow boxing, friends.

vztz had 2 boxxing and the best pvp experiences around

Knuckle
06-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Gms have argued for a 'classic' experience. mobs, drops, resistances, melee, etc should be. So should the population. Problem is, the population is very, very, low. That is not 'classic'. And never will be. That's why I wont continue playing. I can't bring myself to spend 3 hours looking for a group as a rogue simply so I can START to xp.

citizen1080
06-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Voted yes. I 2-4 boxed my entire eq live career other than when i started on test. EQ is not a difficult game by stretch of the imagination and being limited to 1 character can get pretty boring.

Boxing is completely classic. 2 box limit would in no way hurt the server, it is fucking hell finding a port here most days. Would double the targets for pvp.

Boxing is really a big part of what made me enjoy EQ. Doing hard/tricky encounters by yourself, figuring out the macros and mappings to make your group the most efficient possible. Being able to port or rez as needed instead of relying on guildies stopping whatever they are doing to help you.

Will never happen here...for whatever reason...but we are missing out on a big part of our classic experience by not having it.

Kergan
06-11-2014, 10:37 PM
Voted yes because it might keep Azrael from quitting.

kprobe
06-11-2014, 10:50 PM
No, 2boxing doesn't solve anything, ruins grouping.

citizen1080
06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
Yes, because there are just SO many full 50+ groups..so many people would be left out in the cold due to people boxing an extra buffbot/porter....

You either Join Nihi and xp in KC or...??? Seb is dead, Hs is dead, chardok dead, hole dead...pretty sure there is plenty of content on red to support boxing.

Buhbuh
06-11-2014, 10:57 PM
When you came back I was fistov at that time probably. I played fistov probably the most between TRC cockblocking until the time he was banned (thanks hateraid :/ ).

But yeah Hate had a lot at the merger, but within a month their numbers dropped by half because of how bad they were getting stomped, or possibly bannings from mq2 warp.

were you? i thought that was blaytent's brother. how long were you fistov? I pvp'd with him and depredation probably the most out of anyone in Discordia.

compulsion
06-11-2014, 11:07 PM
I remember a few occasions of walking into a zone and seeing 60-70+ tagged Hate members, so they weren't undermanned by any stretch. But they were definitely the most hated and defiant/ASD made it their job to stomp them into the ground pretty quick.

Sullon Zek allowed open training, so there was virtually no mass PvP on the server past the opening 6 months or so. Maybe Hate would have learned to PvP if they didn't have Speedd playing 16 hours a day and endlessly training both raids and xp groups.

Even in 02/03 Hate/Ruin was a PvE guild on a PvP server, much less when you fast forward to 05 when the Zek's merged and EQ PvP was a laughable mix of burns, bard speed horses, and instant evacs.

Buhbuh
06-11-2014, 11:17 PM
there were definitely too many ways to not die in later EQ.

when people bring up luclin, i dont cringe because AA's hurt the game in every way (people still died, and often). i cringe at the safe zones.

the insta evac AA's to safe zones were pretty fuckin' terrible, though. Worst AA's were those.

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 11:22 PM
were you? i thought that was blaytent's brother. how long were you fistov? I pvp'd with him and depredation probably the most out of anyone in Discordia.

Fistov was originally blaytent's brother. But he stopped playing before discordia got into Potime, he occasionally came back and played for like a week at a time. But fistov was a shared account for the most part after potime and beyond.

Anything prior to potime was probably fistov, everything after was like 70% me I think. Hatorade played it quite a bit and so did blaytent, but I fell in love with that character super hard.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
06-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Voted yes because I'm sick of running everywhere.

citizen1080
06-11-2014, 11:33 PM
^lol

Buhbuh
06-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Fistov was originally blaytent's brother. But he stopped playing before discordia got into Potime, he occasionally came back and played for like a week at a time. But fistov was a shared account for the most part after potime and beyond.

Anything prior to potime was probably fistov, everything after was like 70% me I think. Hatorade played it quite a bit and so did blaytent, but I fell in love with that character super hard.

pretty sure we still rolled around together even during the potime days. god, fistov was still rocking that plane of valor raid boss 2hder back then, i think. i still had my shovel. fun times.

FaithlessKR
06-11-2014, 11:43 PM
pretty sure we still rolled around together even during the potime days. god, fistov was still rocking that plane of valor raid boss 2hder back then, i think. i still had my shovel. fun times.

Lol oh god that shovel, I remember laughing pretty hard the first time i saw u with that thing. The ideas for weapons they put in is dumb sometimes lol

Fame
06-11-2014, 11:49 PM
prob just recruit more

Gaffin 7.0
06-11-2014, 11:51 PM
click yes u stupid fucks

Rystar
06-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Everyother emulator had boxing, the max population on them around 100 with boxing. This server around 200 no boxing. Let's keep things as is, it's working fine.

gnomishfirework
06-12-2014, 09:51 AM

I could run a whole group solo with no issues. I did it on live on one of the progression servers. I had program that let me cycle through toon keeping all on screen with the active large. Also allowed to send commands to all toons at once.

Id run around with 4 wizards 1 bard and 1 cleric. Do you really want to compete versus that? I won't be the only one. I did it on a far shittier laptop than my current PC so anyone can do it.

Oh, and thats just cause I wouldnt want to run more than 6 toons. Others would no problem. So you'd be instant killed if you, say, wanted to run one toon cause you actually want to play the game.

pgerman
06-12-2014, 09:53 AM
My main thing against boxing is it turns the game into more of a job. In order to compete you have to box, it isn't an option by any means.

heartbrand
06-12-2014, 09:54 AM
Voted yes. I actually think boxing leads to more groups as people can box essential classes people don't like to play in order to get a group going. Shrug.

Mac Drettj
06-12-2014, 12:11 PM
yeah yeah mmhmm hmmhmm yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDHz7qM-2rU

Iandyan
06-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Voted yes for RL pvp on pay-per-view.

FaithlessKR
06-12-2014, 04:17 PM
I could run a whole group solo with no issues. I did it on live on one of the progression servers. I had program that let me cycle through toon keeping all on screen with the active large. Also allowed to send commands to all toons at once.

Id run around with 4 wizards 1 bard and 1 cleric. Do you really want to compete versus that? I won't be the only one. I did it on a far shittier laptop than my current PC so anyone can do it.

Oh, and thats just cause I wouldnt want to run more than 6 toons. Others would no problem. So you'd be instant killed if you, say, wanted to run one toon cause you actually want to play the game.

Once again this is someone taking boxing as it was on live, which was of the unlimited variety. Like I said 1 or 2 boxes, how can it hurt the server? Oh yeah...it can't.

hivemind
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Once again this is someone taking boxing as it was on live, which was of the unlimited variety. Like I said 1 or 2 boxes, how can it hurt the server? Oh yeah...it can't.

Keep dreaming, cupcake. Ain't no boxing going to happen on this server. Ever. In general, the community here has little regard for people like you who are so incessantly dependent on being able to pilot more than one character at a time. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would rather you never log in again than see staff acquiesce to your pitiful pleas for boxing and allow people to turn this server into 40-75% boxed characters.

Keep. Dreaming.

Rellapse40
06-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Nilbog has stated over 1000 times he would rather quit working on this project all together then enable boxing

dunno why u fucking idiots keep making these useless threads about boxing

Agatha
06-12-2014, 05:37 PM
i think you should only be able to box a cleric. cause noone fucking plays cleric.

FaithlessKR
06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Keep dreaming, cupcake. Ain't no boxing going to happen on this server. Ever. In general, the community here has little regard for people like you who are so incessantly dependent on being able to pilot more than one character at a time. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would rather you never log in again than see staff acquiesce to your pitiful pleas for boxing and allow people to turn this server into 40-75% boxed characters.

Keep. Dreaming.

I mean that's fine, you retards can keep playing a shitty dead box. There is no end game competition, hell there's no end game presence except on respawn days period because of stuff like this.

I have no problem not playing this server, someone will eventually run another server where I can box and I'll be content playing with a much bigger population than this shithole.

HippoNipple
06-12-2014, 05:52 PM
I mean that's fine, you retards can keep playing a shitty dead box. There is no end game competition, hell there's no end game presence except on respawn days period because of stuff like this.

I have no problem not playing this server, someone will eventually run another server where I can box and I'll be content playing with a much bigger population than this shithole.

There isn't going to be a bigger emulated PvP EQ server than this.

FaithlessKR
06-12-2014, 05:55 PM
There isn't going to be a bigger emulated PvP EQ server than this.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/04/04c25746e4789a7f62bb67619ca5e3cdfdeeef5bf46986961f 67140b2be92270.jpg

HippoNipple
06-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Truth hurts. We are 3 years in, on Kunark, and still have 200+ people logging in. As time goes on and more of this junkie player base goes to jail or overdoses the population interested in EQ PvP will dwindle. The only thing stealing the majority of these players away to another EQ PvP server is going to be another project 1999 PvP server.

hivemind
06-12-2014, 06:07 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/04/04c25746e4789a7f62bb67619ca5e3cdfdeeef5bf46986961f 67140b2be92270.jpg

I hope you can keep laughing while you are waiting. Should make for an enjoyable set of years to come :)

Nekkojakk
06-12-2014, 06:12 PM
Surely people are lining up for the lucrative chance to dev a classic and 15 year old game. Using a PvP system which was never widely popular in the first place. Shot in the dark but I'd bet anyone that wanted to do so already has.

mikemandella
06-12-2014, 09:17 PM
3. The Lite Rule. GMs won't ask if you won't tell

Elderan talking about GM's ignoring rule breakers.. Lulz.

word on the street is that petition about roxxur err Kontra is already in. I'd make that deal fast kid.

- Oppressor

Knuckle
06-12-2014, 11:02 PM
Imagine you want a classic PVP experience. You want to play a warrior/rogue/monk. You get to level 5 and head to EC. There are no players in your level range, or they are being powerleveled, or they are a solo caster who would rather gank you. What do you do? You suck a high level guilds dick, you RMT, illegaly two box, or reroll a caster.

Shit is not classic, not being able to group to level up, is not classic. You fucks dont realize that 2 boxxing enables new players to legitimately level the class they want to play, not the one they are forced to play.

Gaffin 7.0
06-12-2014, 11:06 PM
agreed

Farzo
06-12-2014, 11:50 PM
2box only plz.

Telron
06-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Boxing in a game where you pay a sub can (and did) work. The sub limits it in ways an EMU never will. Boxing in a game that is free to play just leads to a server where everyone solos (with several box alts running around).

If you want to solo 1-60 you should try WoW, or any other game after 2004. The only reason I keep coming back to Project199 is that it is box free. If it was box-friendly then a majority of its player-base likely would be gone.

This is a social game. Keep it social. Never allow boxing.

Feniggles
06-13-2014, 01:07 AM
Boxing in a game where you pay a sub can (and did) work. The sub limits it in ways an EMU never will. Boxing in a game that is free to play just leads to a server where everyone solos (with several box alts running around).

If you want to solo 1-60 you should try WoW, or any other game after 2004. The only reason I keep coming back to Project199 is that it is box free. If it was box-friendly then a majority of its player-base likely would be gone.

FaithlessKR
06-13-2014, 01:13 AM

Clearly not a level 60 melee, or only logs in for respawns. Move along.

Knuckle
06-13-2014, 01:17 AM

what class did you level to 60 socially bro? warrior, monk, or rogue?

Colgate
06-13-2014, 01:18 AM
he plays a cleric

Feniggles
06-13-2014, 01:32 AM
learn to make friends?

Feniggles
06-13-2014, 04:23 AM
what class did you level to 60 socially bro? warrior, monk, or rogue?

btw good trade sorry they got butthurt =)

LostCause
06-13-2014, 09:45 AM
yes

not like it matters for you

your whole family already playing for you.

NAW MEAN

Glenzig
06-13-2014, 10:56 AM

Having come from Vanguard, I can confirm that this is the case in a group centric game. Boxing was only detrimental to that game, and it would only be detrimental to this one.

Knuckle
06-13-2014, 11:01 AM
btw good trade sorry they got butthurt =)

Haha t staff of guild annihilation